PDA

View Full Version : Last woman standing.

peggygee
03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
I am the last woman standing.

The voice and faces of over a hundred transwomen that I knew,
some of whom were very dear friends haunt my dreams, crying
out for their deaths to be remembered and not be for naught.

Their names would fill this page

Rita Hester, Rhonda, Jennifer aka pebbles, Theresa, Candy my
drag Mother, as well as my friend Candy, Georgia, Denise,
Janice, Linda, Carol, Roxanne, Valerie, Sandra, Beatrice, Phyllis,
Carmen…….sadly the list continues.

How did they die; Rita Hester’s death is an on-going criminal
investigation, a not so cold case. The others died either of AIDS,
homicides, suicides, drug use and abuse, and in some cases of unknown
causes. None died of old age

Why did they die, in my opinion needlessly and before their time.

Here’s a secret, I ain’t no kinda nice. I can be the most ruthless,
relentless, Machiavellian bitch, on the planet. Like the Terminator I
keep coming and coming once I put my mind to something. However
at this stage of my life I have chosen to use my God given talents to
stop the evil, the hate, the ignorance and the needless despair and
dieing that is still occurring in yet another generation of transwomen.

In the last few months I have spoken with many people, asking them
if the work that I was doing was of value. Seeking their counsel as to
the best course of action, so that I could be as effective as possible in
bringing about some positive changes.

If we can stop some of the madness perhaps the unquiet souls of the
dead will be appeased. They will know that their deaths haven’t been
in vain. Perhaps the living will profit as well.

To the women and the men that think ‘this thing of ours is a joke’ , that
it’s all about sucking and fucking, looking cute, and winning the realness
ball, well here’s the wake up call – it’s not.

peggygee
03-31-2007, 07:52 PM
In loving remembrance.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/flying-dove.gif

MacShreach
03-31-2007, 08:21 PM

Boy that was sobering. Well, I've just done a minute's silent reflection. Not much of a gesture, but at least a sentiment, perhaps.

wendy48088
03-31-2007, 10:52 PM

The voice and faces of over a hundred transwomen that I knew, some of whom were very dear friends haunt my dreams, crying out for their deaths to be remembered and not be for naught.

Their names would fill this page ... sadly the list continues ... None died of old age ...

...To the women and the men that think ‘this thing of ours is a joke’, that it’s all about sucking and fucking, looking cute, and winning the realness ball, well here’s the wake up call – it’s not.

That's a very powerful realization - to be the last person left alive out of a large group of people like yourself. Also to look around you one day and realize that of the people you around now you're the senior member of the group. Nobody your age is left. Then you get to wondering what happened...

In my opinion, gainful employment has got to be the number one issue. Without a job that allows you to be able to support yourself, you simply cannot exist in modern society. Unless you are fortunate enough to be married to someone who can support the two of you and who is willing to stand by you for the rest of your life...

The general trend of a continuous "race to the bottom" in the wages of all working class people through companies downsizing and outsourcing sure isn't helping either.

The old saying that "Youth is wasted on the young" is based on the realization - usually once you're just past being "young" - that youth with its good health and beauty lasts only but for a season... This is something that us older people always need to keep pounding into these young'uns heads...

I read some of the posts here about TSs - even some with advanced degrees - that cannot get a job - any job - because of their TS status, and it is very depressing. I myself really don't know what to say about it. But I would identify the inability of a TS to find and keep legit employment as the #1 problem. They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure gives you options (a place to live, transportation, access to decent health care, ability to always be able to pay all your bills on time and cover those unexpected expenses that come up from time to time, legal advice and representation if you need it, etc.).

Kabuki
03-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm not a TG, but you inspire me peggy. I know your words have helped many people. It doesn't take much to change a person's life. It's amazing how one simple act of kindness can help someone dramatically. Keep educating the masses peggy, and I hope your departed friends have finally found the peace that they couldn't find in life..

Ecstatic
04-01-2007, 12:09 AM
So far, I am fortunate: none of the transwomen I know (at whatever stage of transition or type of transgenderism) has died. I have known a few peripherally, through others or that I have met in brief passing, who have, but none that I have come to know. I hope it remains that way, and that those I call friend will live long and joyful lives. I feel for those who have not. And I feel for those whose lives have been threatened, who have been needlessly or viciously attacked: I know some transwomen who have been the victims of violent crime, but none of them have taken on victim consciousness. I have the utmost respect for these women, for their strength and perseverence.

Maggie, never doubt that your efforts to bring about positive change are of value: they are, and you are appreciated and admired for it. Keep up the good fight.

specialk
04-01-2007, 12:16 AM
That was a heaping dose of reality Peggy, gives one pause to see another reality. As far as your work......needed more than ever, I imagine, so keep it up girl.

peggygee
04-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Thank you, I am humbled by all the kind words, and will have some
individual responses as well.

I often wonder why was I spared. I should have died several times
over, by my own actions or at the hands of others. I do know that
I feel blessed and highly favored, and that for this I feel I owe a debt.

I am grateful to be free from drugs and alcohol. To be relatively healthy.
To not have to engage in things that compromise my sense of worth.
To be the mistress of my destiny, the Captain of my ship.

As I have said many times I have been in ‘the life’ for decades, I’m
not new to this by any stretch of the imagination. I have done the
same things that many of you have done to survive and then
some.

I just clean up nice. You should have seen me at some of my low points.

It is this gift that I attempt to share.

Some of us in life are only capable of worrying about ourselves,
taking care of our own houses, they are not their Sister’s keeper.
That’s perfectly fine.

For me though that is not an option. I am unable to be complacent
while others suffer, knowing that there is something that I can do to
help remedy the situation.

For if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

As I previously stated I wasn’t completely certain what was the best
way to proceed, and things are still somewhat fuzzy.

But what is crystal clear is that my resolve is firmer than ever, and
that ‘we’ are about to experience a change.

And if you are not willing to change, then you cannot grow.

And no Raven these aren’t mere words, or hollow rhetoric, we’re about
to set it off.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/setitoff2.jpg :wink:

peggygee
04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
In my opinion, gainful employment has got to be the number one issue. Without a job that allows you to be able to support yourself, you simply cannot exist in modern society. Unless you are fortunate enough to be married to someone who can support the two of you and who is willing to stand by you for the rest of your life...

The general trend of a continuous "race to the bottom" in the wages of all working class people through companies downsizing and outsourcing sure isn't helping either.

The old saying that "Youth is wasted on the young" is based on the realization - usually once you're just past being "young" - that youth with its good health and beauty lasts only but for a season... This is something that us older people always need to keep pounding into these young'uns heads...

I read some of the posts here about TSs - even some with advanced degrees - that cannot get a job - any job - because of their TS status, and it is very depressing. I myself really don't know what to say about it. But I would identify the inability of a TS to find and keep legit employment as the #1 problem. They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure gives you options (a place to live, transportation, access to decent health care, ability to always be able to pay all your bills on time and cover those unexpected expenses that come up from time to time, legal advice and representation if you need it, etc.).

Gaining employment can be difficult for anyone.

It definetely can be more so for the transwoman.

However for the transwoman that says she can't find 'any' job,
well I've got to say I find that hard to believe.

I've posted job listings, minimal views, almost no responses.
I see job offerings in my travels both in the real world and on
line.

Are all of them going to be in transfriendly places, well the ones I
post are. As to the others, I can't really say. Apply, let me know
how it works out and we can proceed from there.

Are they going to pay $300 an hour, highly unlikely. So for the
transwomen with the skill set (doctors, lawyers, etc) to command
those types of salaries, PM me and I can put you in touch with some
Executive head hunters, that is if I don't take the job myself.

I know, I know, you've got very high transition costs. Perhaps you may
what to see my links about reputable lower cost surgeons

Afraid to travel, don't have your documents in order, take a look at
the posts about having your documents corrected.

Don't want to go to Thailand, Brazil or Mexico for lower cost surgery.
Prefer to see an American doctor, check out my post on financing
your surgery, often times with as low as $99 down and monthly payments
of $30 - $50.

Any other excuses?

Somebody turn on the lights, the pity party is 'ovah'.

wendy48088
04-01-2007, 08:10 PM
* Deleted *

lisaparadise
04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
wow you rock chicky i must admit i have no clue who you are but but im sure anyone would be better off knowing you, keep up the good fight

peggygee
04-01-2007, 08:21 PM
That was a heaping dose of reality Peggy, gives one pause to see another reality. As far as your work......needed more than ever, I imagine, so keep it up girl.

Yeah, I think a http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bitchslap2crop.jpgof reality was needed.

wendy48088
04-01-2007, 08:35 PM
* Deleted *

whatsupwithat
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
So many transgendered women I know have died of all of the causes you listed, peggygee.

And my friends wonder why I'm so passionate about helping the trans community, a community I am part of...*sigh*...

peggygee
04-02-2007, 12:29 AM
From what I have seen in my sliver of work life, it seems you have to match your appearance to the gender marker on your legal ID. Otherwise they won't hire you because they don't want to deal with the possible legal problems (either the pre-op TS worker forced to used the men's room or the genetic women forced to shaore the women's room with the pre-op TS suing over bathroom sexual harassment, etc.).

I will answer your other question seperately.

However the companies listed here have non-discrimination policies
that include gender identity;

http://www.hrc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Search_the_Database&Template=/CustomSource/WorkNet/srch.cfm&searchtypeid=1&searchSubTypeID=1

yodajazz
04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I have always believed that as you give so shall you recieve. Peggy, you have given a lot.

God knows there are many reasons that TS's dont live long lives, but hopefully we can reduce poor choices as one of the causes. Speading knowlegde and giving people a larger sense of self helps. They will know that they are not alone.

One memory comes to mind of a beautifil girl I knew briefly. She won a Miss Gay Ohio contest. She was killed by her TS roomate after an argument. From what I heard, during the argument they were putting each other down as to who had what things in life, etc.

We are all blessed to be alive today. Anything could have happened to anyone of us to take us out of here. We just have to make the best of each day. When you get older as I am, you start to realize that you don't have forever to do it.

peggygee
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm not a TG, but you inspire me peggy. I know your words have helped many people. It doesn't take much to change a person's life. It's amazing how one simple act of kindness can help someone dramatically. Keep educating the masses peggy, and I hope your departed friends have finally found the peace that they couldn't find in life..

Thank you Kabuki-san for those kind words.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/respect.jpg

peggygee
04-26-2007, 03:53 AM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/brain_am.gif