PDA

View Full Version : MODERATORS? hello, are they alive :-) mmmm

Ramalon
12-05-2004, 06:25 AM
G'day mods,

Just looking about, and reading. Lately theres alot of really bad language and VERY hurtfull comments in "certain obvious topics" with "CERTAIN POSTERS" not going to MENTION ANY NAMES. Do people get banned here? or they allowed to threaten or do the "im behind a PC and type whatever I want. and nothing anyone can do about it" because thats whats happening. :) im sure not everone here is rude in person, and we can't define outselves as people from the silly moments we have in life, but c'mon - alittle respect towards one and other would be the first step towards a better place.

Im finding this forum really hard to be around and feel I guess "safe to express feelings" without some kind of nasty outburst, I would bet there are alot of other people feeling the same.

Reading some of Seanchai's posts, and people starting to argue with him for no reason at all. If it was not for Seachai then im afraid TS sites would never of been like they are today, the standards are set and because he was around since the begining, the grooby crew are at the top of their game, and have the most experience in the industry. If certain people botherd to sit back and read his posts rather than argueing, they might learn a thing or two. :)

PS,
I thought typing in capslock was "considerd shouting" via IRC chat and message boards, because i've lost serveral accounts by using the capslock as a joke.

hillbilly
12-05-2004, 07:10 AM
good luck Ramalon. mods don't seem to care about your obvious reference, or rather choose to do nothing about that behavior

certain people choose to ignore even basic internet etiquette even when asked by other posters to modify their actions.

i'm by no means innocent of the nasty post.

in all fairness to the moderators what can they do.

one simply needs to ignore some people and have a dialogue with the people you would probably in the real world. although its hard to ignore some of the madness here.

welcome aboard. pick your spots and you will meet some interesting open minded people such as senchai.

midpier
12-05-2004, 07:52 AM
J,
That was funny, lmao

midpier

Ramalon
12-05-2004, 07:59 AM
just a guess but u got ur ass kicked alot in school, right?

Hi J,

I did alittle (just the usual school yard scraps, comes with the nature of schools) abit aggression taken out on others, it all stopped until I was taught to look after myself by some very talented and generous people.

You learn to fight, so you dont need to fight :)

good luck Ramalon. mods don't seem to care about your obvious reference, or rather choose to do nothing about that behavior

certain people choose to ignore even basic internet etiquette even when asked by other posters to modify their actions.

i'm by no means innocent of the nasty post.

in all fairness to the moderators what can they do.

one simply needs to ignore some people and have a dialogue with the people you would probably in the real world. although its hard to ignore some of the madness here.

welcome aboard. pick your spots and you will meet some interesting open minded people such as senchai.

Thanks. I can't say that im going to be innocent either :)

Cheers mate, i'll see you round da board.

thanos
12-05-2004, 08:23 AM
????

Which post and what posters?

hillbilly
12-05-2004, 12:54 PM
the thing with your "tongue in cheek" post is well they don't generally even approach funny or for that matter speak to the man's issue.

but anyways...

Danielle Foxxx
12-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SAYING NAMES:

MEGABODY

ABSOLUTE SHADE

Vicki Richter
12-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Ditto on the Absolute Shade person. I don't even think it's a TS.

hillbilly
12-05-2004, 07:57 PM
oh right right them. thats right :D

i'm trying to behave myself and add to the board but it seems that the usual culprits are up to the old stuff.

its so petty.

NiceBod
12-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi Danielle and everyone else. Mega said to me last night, "None of you guys on the board ever stick up for me," so I'll say a few words about him. I don't think he could get banned from the board because the moderators know him and like him. They know what a nice guy he is in person. Believe it or not he really is THE nicest guy you could meet. He's friendly with all the girls that go out, and all the tranny-chasin' fools that he meets....Always willing to help anyone out on this board and at the clubs with the many tranny-related questions they may have. Mega will talk to anyone about anything but obviously he's very passionate about his favorite subject, the girls. I'm sure that if any of you on this board that don't like him, met him in person, you'd like him. Noone has ever met Mega and said he was a dick, that's for sure.

hillbilly
12-05-2004, 08:09 PM
i have met him and he is nice. seems very nice at that. kind of a big sweet lug. you know. big heart etc.

we shouldn't have to meet him to know he is nice. how bout just acting civil here?

it reminds me of high school when someone is a jerk or cocky when all of their friends are around but are nice when you get them alone one on one. for me who needs those people. i don't. i expect a consistent experience. to me that person is even more of an asshole for being 2 ways.

so why doesn't he just act that way here? that's been at least my question all along.

he just seems to be a loose cannon at times. so since he is your buddy maybe tell him to ease up? check himself sometimes? turn off the what is percieved as the obnoxious cap lock?

simple things seemingly. right?

oh by the way seems that the rest of us are not allowed to use his real name. so we should all not.

he might consider putting himself out there less if that is what he wants. he invites the attacks and the intrusiveness on his personal life.

obviously at some point Danielle forgave him but hasn't forgotten. My type of girl!

bezane
12-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Don't know why I'm listed as a rookie poster. Was here even before Gregg and when he came on the scene as ALL CAPS. It was hilarious when he first started posting. He argued with a bunch of posters. He and Sean even had a go when Sean first came on the scene here.

That said, I met Gregg a few times. We're not friends but I saw at first back at the 11th Ave. Edelweiss and several times since. My ex GG that hung out in the TG scene knew him somewhat. And what they say about him is very true. He is 100% sweet, gentlemanly and a lot smarter than he looks!!!

I can only imagine the reason he is so agressive at times here is because he is too near to the NYC scene for a couple of decades and takes on the role of "the authority" on the subject of transgender dating and hooking up. It's like his extreme knowledge of bodybuilding. It is tough for him to sit quietly while some less knowledgable dude commits the dreaded tranny faux pas, I guess.

That said...Gregg, man, you are a very cool person so I think the message here is to let a bunch of stuff go. Just post your enthusiasms and insight and let the other stuff slide. I know you are super cool, but the TS scene is ready to evolve into the mainstream. There is no rite of passage anymore or ways to generalize about these girls. They are individuals, and so is the scene. That fox Vicki is probably no more like Danielle or Wendy or Allanah, and the guys are varied. I myself date TS girls, real dates, movies, shows, dinners. And they always seem different. Let's except. You and me and everyone else. If a guy comes in here beating his chest about whatever, so what. To ignore it, is to eliminate it.

Summary. I think we all love Gregg in the end and want him here, he's just guilty of wearing his heart on his sleeve. Let's all start over again and let it go.

As far as the mods.....C'mon. This site is awesome. It's free, it's informative. They are libertarians not police.

Danielle....why don't I know you? I moved to Vegas in August, before that LA for a year and before that born raised and lived on the Lower East Side. I'm blue eyed white guy, 38, usually with a nutty GG red hair. Did we ever meet?

hillbilly
12-06-2004, 01:36 AM
now that was funny :D

Danielle Foxxx
12-06-2004, 04:14 AM
One more person - Vicki Richer, she is Absolutly Shaddy LOL
Could you believe she is the only one signing at AVN? Bitch!
And she probably even standing me up as a date to the show

GroobySteven
12-06-2004, 06:15 AM
One more person - Vicki Richer, she is Absolutly Shaddy LOL
Could you believe she is the only one signing at AVN? Bitch!

Allanah Starr, Gia Darling, Natassia Dreams and hopefully Joanna Jet will also be signing at the Shemale Exotica/Shemale Yum booth (maybe a few surprise guests) - come and check us out. I also think Ms. Wendy is going to be doing an appearance at the show.
seanchai