PDA

View Full Version : The Trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV is out....

NYCe
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

Looks great, hopefully the gameplay matches the cut scenes. Every GTA game has been a winner (minus Liberty City stories on the PS2).
I take it Libery City = NYC?

panama_red
03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I think so. The new character looks interesting too. I just hope they release it for the PC, I have very little time for the FagBox 360.

Coroner
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Nice :claps

But it will be out in october :cry: .... hope Resident Evil 5 gets released soon

Kriss
03-30-2007, 02:43 PM
I just hope they release it for the PC,

ME too, it will probably be out in time for xmas 2012

I really hope that they have integrated some of the multiplayer ideas developed in the SAN ANDREAS PC MODification.

www.sa-mp.com

Legend
03-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I just hope there is some sort of online play.

jefferson1776
03-30-2007, 06:12 PM
In GTA3, it was implied that Liberty City was based on NYC, but in this installment GTA4, this city actually looks like NYC...wowser the graphyx are amazing, im suprised however that the main character is russian.

suckseed
03-30-2007, 06:21 PM
The new russian character is based on NYCe.
In soviet Russia, games play you

alwaysforyou
03-31-2007, 12:09 AM
awesome can't wait for it to come out. Since it is a new game will it work on playstation 2 or would I have to go out and buy PS3?

JackHammer
03-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Didn't peep the Liberty City game...but I thought it may of pertained to Liberty City section of Miami (if not, they certainly lifted the name from there)

hwbs
03-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Nice :claps

But it will be out in october :cry: .... hope Resident Evil 5 gets released soon

i saw a release date for 5 in dec....im stuck near the end of 4....ive given up 4 awhile

Legend
03-31-2007, 12:29 AM
awesome can't wait for it to come out. Since it is a new game will it work on playstation 2 or would I have to go out and buy PS3?

GTA 4 is 360 and ps3(nintendo is begging rockstar for a wii version),the new game engine is to strong for the ps2 too handle.

tsntx
03-31-2007, 07:27 AM
liberty city stories is the WORST!
have you played vice city stories tho?

hwbs
03-31-2007, 07:44 AM
GTA 4 is 360 and ps3(nintendo is begging rockstar for a wii version),the new game engine is to strong for the ps2 too handle.[/quote]

wii is really dropping the ball ..they only have a couple good titles....actually its because the 3rd party developers aren't embracing the wii remote with nun chuck..hopefully Super Paper Mario will be good...only thing I play is gears of war online...its so addicting

johnie
03-31-2007, 08:21 AM
any trannies in that edition?

Legend
03-31-2007, 05:37 PM
liberty city stories is the WORST!
have you played vice city stories tho?

LCS was just made to make rockstar a quick buck but yeah it is consider the worst GTA game in my opinion.

Legend
03-31-2007, 05:42 PM
GTA 4 is 360 and ps3(nintendo is begging rockstar for a wii version),the new game engine is to strong for the ps2 too handle.

wii is really dropping the ball ..they only have a couple good titles....actually its because the 3rd party developers aren't embracing the wii remote with nun chuck..hopefully Super Paper Mario will be good...only thing I play is gears of war online...its so addicting[/quote]

agreed but i would say it's the games also ,well the only good game that has come out for the wii is a gamecube port(zelda),wii is selling like hotcakes now but i think that will fizz away soon because of the lack of good games with replayability.

Somedude21
03-31-2007, 07:12 PM
While it's nice to see GTAIV, I have to bitch once more that they completely screwed over Chicago--again. I'm still waiting for a GTA based in that city. -_-;

Also, the main character is Russian? He sounded and looked Middle-Eastern to me.

hwbs
03-31-2007, 09:19 PM
only one i have ever played is vice city(psp)...its kind of frustrating playing it on a handheld...i pick it up every once in awhile..i think i might by the xbox version for kicks..

NYCe
04-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Very cool, the trailer is based on the trailer for the 1982 film
Koyaanisqatsi (even down to the Phillip Glass music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirH8PADDgQ

Rockstar really nailed this. :)

hwbs
04-01-2007, 10:32 AM
nyce you are going to be too busy playing gears ,lol

Legend
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Full Summary of Preview of The May issue of Game Informer

* The protagonist's name is Niko Bellic - an Eastern European immigrant who has come to Liberty City to live the "American Dream."

* The GTA 4 equivalent of the Statue of Liberty is called the Statue of Happiness, and DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is known as BOABO (Beneath the Offramp of the Algoquin Bridge Overpass).

Game Informer
* In Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar have recreated 4 of the 5 boroughs in New York, as well as part of New Jersey. Broker is the GTA IV equivalent of Brooklyn, Manhattan is now called Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, the Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey is Alderney. The map is smaller than San Andreas, but considerably more detailed. No countryside or desert we are led to believe.

* Pedestrians are far more realistic in GTAIV than in previous GTA games - they sit on benches, smoke cigarettes, read books and carry out various other activities.

* The screenshots in the preview are not representative of the final quality of graphics. The game will only look better as the release draws closer..

* Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who claimed to have two beautiful women, fast cars, and lots of money etc, but he was infact telling a lie in order to hide his own failures. Roman is the only person you know in Liberty City at the beginning of the game, and he becomes one of your major connections from the start. Niko is a tough character whereas Roman is friendly. Roman is heavily in debt and a lot of people are after him - he needs Niko's support. They are constantly bickering.

* The demo (which was played on Xbox 360) begins with Bellic standing inside of the taxi depot, which Roman operates in the borough of Broker in a converted industrial garage. Roman works at a cluttered desk in a shabby environment, and it this point the graphical improvements are extremely evident. Bellic walks to a brownstone house in Broker, where he pushes open the door and pulls out his pistol - the house however, is it not occupied.

* Variations in the terrain cause the walking animation to change. The physics have also improved and character movements are more realistic.

* Multiplayer in Grand Theft Auto 4 is set to be announced...

* You can use a cellphone to call your contacts.

* Apparently there are no planes because there is only one city in the game.

* You have a lot of choice over what you want to do. You still have to take orders from people during missions, but you can also choose how you want to spend your time, e.g "I want to hang out with him, or her... I want to go see this guy 'cause he always has something to do..."

* The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.

Fox
04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I've got to get myself a 360...

Somedude21
04-13-2007, 08:44 PM
* The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.

Does that mean multiple endings? That would rock the house.

Legend
04-24-2007, 10:35 PM
more news...thanks to GTA4.net

http://www.gta4.net/news/3864/game-i...answers-are-in

in short the main things that are news are...

- flying is still in the game, just not airplanes
- boats are most likely in since all they said was no airplanes
- its very possible for past gta characters to make an appearance

Legend
06-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Second trailer is out,

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Alchemist
06-29-2007, 03:42 AM
I can't believe what i'm hearing. LCS was awesome, i've only started VCS but so far it's underwhelming. I'm at that part where you have to transport barrells of moonshine into a truck for Phil.