PDA

View Full Version : Permanent hair removal.

moddestmike
03-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Could any of you gals/guys recommend some permanent hair removal short of laser removal. I hate having to shave once a week.

Too dark for lasers? What hairs are you trying to get rid of and I might be able to grace you with my encycolpedia like knowledge of hair removal.

moddestmike
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm a bit shy to say but what the hell. I'm trying to stave off the private area and under arm hairs.

electrolysis is your best bet, but if you can stand to wait a few years there are other methods that are becoming more popular.

If you do go electrolysis, you have to make sure you find a licensed practitioner.

Alison Faraday
03-30-2007, 01:16 PM
What's wrong with lasering? It'll get rid of it eventually.

Trouble with electrolysis down there is two fold; Finding someone who would be prepared to do it morally; And finding someone with the experience of doing it down there.

Your best bet would be to get in on some of the pre-op transsexual support groups, as they generally have it prior to SRS. Else they get hairs growing inside.. *yikes*

Either way, electrolysis or lasering, it'll be expensive. Like as much as $$$$ expensive. Hair grows in stages. For the hair that you see, there's alot more hiding.

Have a read of this; http://www.transgendercare.com/electrolysis/hair/growth_cycle.htm

It's a science practically. If you have a laser session you'll notice a difference within about 2-weeks, and then have it done every 5 or 6-weeks. Eventually it'll go. Will take 10-20 sessions. Where they say 6 sessions, nope, that's a marketing ploy.

Will take 10-20 sessions. Where they say 6 sessions, nope, that's a marketing ploy.

I fell for this on the lasers. I actually noticed a big difference after 2 trips, but I found the main problem was that the nurse who did the laser just missed spots. Tough lesson for me.