PDA

View Full Version : I urge you see "BreakFast on Pluto'-Trans themed filmed

AllanahStarrNYC
03-28-2007, 09:18 AM
It's an amazing story about a boy abandoned by his mother who is taken in by the church (60s-70s Ireland) and he goes from effeminate child, to androgenous teenager, to leaving to London and living full time as a woman. The gender is not chaged through surgery-but rather with wardrobe and hair color. Though she makes refferences to sex change operations there is never any talk of surgery nor does she get any surgery. Kitten is played by a male actor who is very femme and would be a lovely tranny. Not bad at all when she is dressed-very pretty.

Of course she goes through many journeys- being thrown out of home, getting involved with the IRA incidentally after she becomes the love the leader of a rock band and goes on the road when they make her the lead female singer, becomes a sex worker, almost gets killed by her first customer but blinds him with her perfume bottle, is mistaken for an Irish bomber and blamed for a terrorist attack then jailed,and abused. All while she searches for her mother that abandoned her.

It's a higly intricate, complex, funny. well told story that will make you laiugh alot. And a very authentic story about family rejetion, self actualization, love, frienship, acceptance, and finding what you are looking for (in many ways).

Please watch it- you will enjoy!

It's a great adventure of 'Patty Kitten'

I indentified with it a lot. (The themes anyway)

Kriss
03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
, becomes a sex worker, almost gets killed by her first customer but blinds him with her perfume bottle, is mistaken for an irish bomber. jailed, and abused. All while she searches for her mother that abandoned him.

Sounds like a bundle of laughs. :sadcry Joking aside, I will try to see it. You sold it to me with that endorsement.

werwt22
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmmmm....sounds similar to that movie where a man sends his child away to foster care and comes back as a woman to reclaim him.

lisaparadise
03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm....sounds similar to that movie where a man sends his child away to foster care and comes back as a woman to reclaim him. http://www.sonyclassics.com/breakfastonpluto/main.htm theres the link

PatrickFromNYC
03-28-2007, 03:46 PM
excellent movie..extremely funny

Ecstatic
03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh yes, I missed that in the theaters and have been meaning to pick up the DVD. Thanks for the reminder.

Mahahari
03-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I just missed it late last nite on "Starz" network.

yodajazz
03-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I you have cable it's being broadcast on on the Stars Network affiliate channels. It was made by Neil Jordan who made the movie "The Crying Game". I saw it this morning/last night. It's a good movie overall. Some the the Irish-British accents were pretty thick. Having my closed-caption feature on help me catch some of the dialogue.

Somedude21
03-28-2007, 05:41 PM
When was this movie made (Breakfast on Pluto)? I could swear that I saw a review for it in a newspaper some time ago (got good reviews, I might add). I also remember my mother telling me to go see it, but I could never find a theatre that showed it.

Oli
03-29-2007, 03:40 AM
Kitten is played by a male actor who is very femme and would be a lovely tranny. Not bad at all when she is dressed-very pretty.

The actor is Cillian Murphy who also starred in "28 Days Later", "Red Eye" and "Batman Begins"

Vala_TS
04-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I've seen it and I love it!

Vala,

ILuvGurls
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
saw it in the listings for stars/encore, didn't realize that it was an older movie....i'll try to check it out.

Jericho
07-11-2007, 04:38 AM
Caught this a couple of nights ago.
Great film.

Legend
07-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Here is the torrent if anyone wants to see this movie,

http://www.mininova.org/tor/277977

Odelay
07-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the link, Legend.

Odelay
07-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Whew! Finally got it after 48 hours of super slow downloading. I've got some pretty sizable bandwidth on this now.

If anyone wants this I suggest grabbing it now as it should only take about 2 to 6 hrs to download while I'm seeding the torrent for the next 5 days.