PDA

View Full Version : Deviant Art?

stillies77
03-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Anyone here have a deviant art or ever go on deviant art?

if you wanna check it out go here

www.deviantart.com

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Deviant art has a lot of great work by people everywhere. They offer a lot of exposure for artists who don't always know how to get their work "out there"

My ex used to go to their "Dark Art" section to download wallpapers. I've been a fan for years :)

Kabuki
03-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Anyone here have a deviant art or ever go on deviant art?

if you wanna check it out go here

www.deviantart.com

I tend to avoid the site. I wouldn't get anything done if I checked it out daily. Too much great art :wink: Are you on the site stilles?

stillies77
03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
yeah im just started to add stuff to it though so right now its only got a third of my stuff on there...however i just put my new real quick turtles sketch i did in sharpie up...if you wanna check it out

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51773263/

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I heart art...maybe I shoud post mine once my website is up?

Stillies, I went to your link and saw some of your other work...Do you want to work for a comic company one day or is it just a casual hobby?

:)

stillies77
03-28-2007, 06:16 AM
i would love to work for a comic company!

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Your work a has a little manga flare to it. There's a huge market for that style of work; have you submitted to anyone yet?

Mylon
03-28-2007, 07:00 AM
If you're bored, check out my origami gallery at http://mylon.deviantart.com

stillies77
03-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Your work a has a little manga flare to it. There's a huge market for that style of work; have you submitted to anyone yet?

I show some of my stuff to some of the big names at conventions and they offer me advice here and there but other than that nahh not really.

PS

Updated my Deviant Art page just now with 2 new Turtles pieces hehe.

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM

I show some of my stuff to some of the big names at conventions and they offer me advice here and there but other than that nahh not really.

PS

Updated my Deviant Art page just now with 2 new Turtles pieces hehe.

I recently went to a convention in Orlando and had a great weekend selling my stuff at a table. Maybe you could invest in one, one time to see if there is indeed a market for your work. Judging on how well you are recieved might give you the gumption to persue it.

The table I had was only 50 bucks for three days and I am sure the price varies from place to place, but if you at least break even and make some good connections, it's not a total loss.

:)

stillies77
03-28-2007, 08:25 AM
yeah i was thinking about doing that at wizardworld Artists Alley do some sketches for some people and meet some other artists maybe get hired for a project...would be so awesome

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I have a friend here in town, who suggested I go and do it. I was scared to death because I am nervous about sharing my work....

it really paid off and was a lot easier than I expected. No hassle, and I met a lot of cool people that weekend.

www.myspace.com/studiorhi if you want to see some of what I do :)

Kabuki
03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I have a friend here in town, who suggested I go and do it. I was scared to death because I am nervous about sharing my work....

it really paid off and was a lot easier than I expected. No hassle, and I met a lot of cool people that weekend.

www.myspace.com/studiorhi if you want to see some of what I do :)

Impressive work love. The portrait of Amy has to be my fave. Probably because I work with Bics as well :P We're a rare breed.

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Thank you Darling. It's one of my favorite pieces ever! I used to fear drawing with pen, but now, I almost always sketch with them.

<3

I'd love to see some of your work :)

Kabuki
03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Thank you Darling. It's one of my favorite pieces ever! I used to fear drawing with pen, but now, I almost always sketch with them.

<3

I'd love to see some of your work :)

I got use to Bics in school. When I was in class, I was usually drawing. My notes from class were covered with crazy Bic sketches. Yeah, I'll have to show you some work. Once I resize some images, I'll show off some :P

stillies77
03-28-2007, 02:48 PM
holy crap that phoenix is amazing!
so is that psylocke!

you blow my stuff out of the water haha

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Nahhh, we do two very different types of art...you could be just as successful as I anyone if you put your mind to it :)

Thank you for the compliments :)