PDA

View Full Version : (D)Webb`s Loaded H- Gun on Aide-Aide Arrested !

White_Male_Canada
03-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Well, well, well 8) :

Webb Aide Arrested for Gun Possession

Mar 26 06:19 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - An aide to Sen. Jim Webb was arrested Monday when he entered a Senate office building with a loaded pistol belonging to the senator.
Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said the aide was charged with carrying a pistol without a license and possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition.

The office of Webb, D-Va., identified the aide as Phillip Thompson and said he was "a former Marine, a long-term friend and trusted employee of the senator."

A congressional official briefed on the incident said Webb gave the gun to Thompson when the assistant drove him to an airport earlier in the day. Thompson, upon entering the Senate building, forgot he was carrying the weapon.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O44EEG0&show_article=1

Oh yeah ! Just an oversight ! A mistake that Webb is walking around with a loaded .45acp(most likely),extra magazines, unregistered, no license(?), and passes it off to an aide !

Sure, all that, just an oversight ! :roll:

qeuqheeg222
03-27-2007, 07:50 AM
hey at least he didnt shoot one of his buddies on a hunting trip!!!!good to see some dems packin heat.bout godddamn time maybe they'll win a few of those wild west red states for once...

White_Male_Canada
03-27-2007, 06:18 PM
hey at least he didnt shoot one of his buddies on a hunting trip!!!!good to see some dems packin heat.bout godddamn time maybe they'll win a few of those wild west red states for once...

Besides the majority of the `rat party believing the 2nd amendment is a collective right not individual, it may be illegal. What is Webb doing carrying a loaded .45 or 9mm in DC? He does/did, and passed it onto an aide.

All possible serious crimes in the District of Columbia.

No person or organization (other than law enforcement officers, members of the military or licensed dealers) may possess or control any firearm in the District unless the person or organization holds a valid registration certificate. D.C. Code § 7-2502.01. Pursuant to section 7-2502.02, several types of firearms are unregisterable, including sawed-off shotguns, machine guns, short-barreled rifles, and handguns not registered to the current owner prior to September 24, 1976.

Pursuant to section 7-2502.06(a), a person must obtain a registration certificate prior to taking possession of a firearm from a licensed dealer or from any person or organization holding a registration certificate for the firearm. In all other cases, an application for registration must be filed immediately after a firearm is brought into the District [or within 48 hours if such person personally communicates with the Metropolitan Police Department and provides such information as may be demanded].

§ 6-2311, unlawful possession of ammunition.

White_Male_Canada
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Update:

Virginia Sen. Jim Webb said Tuesday he did not give aide Phillip Thompson the gun that led to his arrest in a Senate office building. Webb did not say whether it was his gun.

Thompson is awaiting arraignment in D.C. Superior Court after being arrested Monday for trying to enter the Russell Senate Office Building, where Webb's office is located, carrying a loaded pistol and two fully loaded magazines.

The judge will determine whether Thompson, 45, will have to pay bail to get out of jail, and will set a date for a preliminary hearing.

"We had three cars on Friday that were being moved about because of my trip, and that is probably a reason that this inadvertent situation developed. And that's really the extent to which I think I should be discussing. That's really all I can say," webb said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Handgun!? What handgun!? Never gave anyone my handgun. Depends on what the definition of "gun" is"

So Webb is saying Thompson accidently pikced it up ? Webb claims he carries one because of 9/11 and the safety of his family but didn`t know what bag it was in or what car!? In any event it may still be a violation of the law to supply a firearm to another person who does not possess a valid license.

qeuqheeg222
03-28-2007, 08:22 AM
still the dems just picked up some of them precious "nascar dads" that the repugs courted so heavily in 2004 with this one!!!i'd rather vote for this one than the corrupt,page boy solictizin guys.....and he actually served versus yer boy cheney with 5 draft deferments!!

chefmike
03-28-2007, 04:54 PM
still the dems just picked up some of them precious "nascar dads" that the repugs courted so heavily in 2004 with this one!!!i'd rather vote for this one than the corrupt,page boy solictizin guys.....and he actually served versus yer boy cheney with 5 draft deferments!!

Exactly...if Webb the warrior ran for prez he'd be easily elected.

guyone
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Clinton never served...

chefmike
03-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm not a Clinton apologist...the two-party system has always been a matter of the lesser of two evils, IMO...

And I'll wager that if Webb still played for the repug team that the NRA would be all over this one... :P

guyone
03-28-2007, 06:12 PM
You have a point there.

White_Male_Canada
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Exactly...if Webb the warrior ran for prez he'd be easily elected.

Let him, he`s one loose paranoid screw packing heat wherever he goes, thinking everyone is out to get him. At the same time so whack, can`t even remember where he put all his guns. Hilarious if it wasn`t scary.

The facts are Webb violated DC laws then held a press conference to announce his alibi and hang his aide out to dry. Webb must face the music, the authorities must press charges because IT IS his handgun.
But just like Kennedy driving loaded,crashing his car and having the cops drive him the rest of the way home, we know Webb walks don`t we.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webb even hinted that he ignores the District law requiring handguns to be registered. Asked if he considered himself above D.C. law, he said: "I'm not going to comment in any level in terms of how I provide for my own security," he said. Webb wouldn't even acknowledge it was his gun. "I have never carried a gun in the Capitol complex, and I did not give the weapon to Phillip Thompson," he stipulated.

If Webb seemed to be enjoying the moment a bit too much, that's probably because a Virginia politician has never lost an election for loving guns too much. But Phillip Thompson, who carried the weapon, derived rather less pleasure from the incident.

Thompson -- a.k.a. "Lockup No. 1" -- spent 28 hours in the slammer after walking into the Russell building Monday morning with a gun and two loaded magazines in his briefcase. Two hours after Webb's performance in front of the cameras, Thompson -- sandwiched between drug cases and domestic disputes -- made his appearance in the foul-smelling arraignment room at D.C. Superior Court. He had a 5 o'clock shadow and a new pair of leg irons to accessorize his rumpled business suit. Ordered to stand in a box marked off with frayed duct tape, he must have been too stunned to answer when the judge asked if he understood the charges.

"You have to answer, sir," the judge told the silent defendant. "Do you understand?"

"Yes," he said quietly.

Could it have been any worse? Well, consider that Monday was Thompson's 45th birthday.

A court employee handed out copies of the complaint as reporters rushed from the arraignment room to chase Thompson. His fancy Virginia lawyer, unfamiliar with the bowels of the courthouse, led the defendant out the wrong exit -- forcing him to walk several blocks to a parking garage, surrounded all the way by TV cameras and reporters.

"Who gave you the gun?"

"Was it a big mistake?"

"What are you going to do now?"

The pack passed a Cosi coffee shop. "Mr. Thompson, are you going to eat?"

The lawyer, Richard Gardiner, answered for his client. "No comment. . . . He's not gonna have any comment. . . . He's not making any comment, on the advice of his attorney." Thompson, Gardiner and an unidentified third man gave the cameras yet another shot when they emerged from the garage in a BMW with Virginia plates. (source:WaPo)

corbomite
03-31-2007, 05:04 PM
saw his press conferance. his eyes were darting around crazy like. like he was looking at people seeing if they believed his pile of bullshit of its not my gun,dunno nuthin. he broke dc laws but will never be charged. the law is for the repubs and regular people,not democrats.

chefmike
03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
You have a point there.

G1, you sound as if you may have finally seen the light...and perhaps you might one day even leave that dark and shady log-cabin....yes....that one, G1....the one that you, and others, currently inhabit, pilgrim... 8)

Come out of your log-cabin, G1!

It's an Easter Festivus Miracle!

Praise the baby Jesus!

Praise the Festivus pole!

Praise his/it's name!!