PDA

View Full Version : One of the most influential and powerful songs

MrsKellyPierce
03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
I've heard to date, from pop stars of today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDJ3cuXKV4

jefferson1776
03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I agree, I loved it, Pink is trying to make the president a more human person, rather than this otherworldy naive figure. I think most citizens question this current president, its nothing new its been this way since the 2000 election. But hey we cant change the past.....life is about making choices and not looking back.

MrsKellyPierce
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I agree, I loved it, Pink is trying to make the president a more human person, rather than this otherworldy naive figure. I think most citizens question this current president, its nothing new its been this way since the 2000 election. But hey we cant change the past.....life is about making choices and not looking back. I love how you put that making him a human person!! Agreed!

panama_red
03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I find it incredibly annoying when pop-stars try and make political statements. Especially when they have written such other groundbreaking songs like "Get The Party Started". Yes, I'm sure if Pink and other likeminded pop stars were in power we wouldn't have anything to worry about it. :roll:

If you honestly think that this is the most groundbreaking song ever written then you have issues. Go listen to some Pink Floyd or Leonard Cohen if you what meaningful songs, not this travesty...

MrsKellyPierce
03-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I find it incredibly annoying when pop-stars try and make political statements. Especially when they have written such other groundbreaking songs like "Get The Party Started". Yes, I'm sure if Pink and other likeminded pop stars were in power we wouldn't have anything to worry about it. :roll:

If you honestly think that this is the most groundbreaking song ever written then you have issues. Go listen to some Pink Floyd or Leonard Cohen if you what meaningful songs, not this travesty... That may be true however, her voice is reaching the younger crowd and her fans. You may not think it's powerful, but kids listen to her as well as many other popstars. And at least she put a song to good use. For the younger generation to listen to. If many other popstars and rap artist did this. There'd be a lot more voters from the younger generation. Also more care of what goes on. You are only seeing the small picture, where I am seeing the bigger picture.

And it's the younger crowd that is going to be taking over America!!!!!!! :D :roll:

Lastly I never said it was the most groundbreaking song of all time..I said from "TODAYS" pop stars. READ :lol: Not to mention those songs from that time have nothing to do with what is going on RIGHT NOW at this moment in OUR LIVES. :wink:

panama_red
03-26-2007, 10:54 PM
That may be true however, her voice is reaching the younger crowd and her fans. You may not think it's powerful, but kids listen to her as well as many other popstars. And at least she put a song to good use. For the younger generation to listen to. If many other popstars and rap artist did this. There'd be a lot more voters from the younger generation. Also more care of what goes on. You are only seeing the small picture, where I am seeing the bigger picture.

I think popstars like her contribute negatively to the youth of any Western society. They watch MTV and think "hey, I don't have to study or get an education, I can act like a slut just like Pink did and get a record deal for it". And they end up flipping burgers at McDonalds. That's actually where "Pink" should be, thinking about it... :P

And it's the younger crowd that is going to be taking over America!!!!!!! :D :roll:

Yes, and frankly thats something that worries me, speaking as someone living outside of America. I'm only 18, and still most of my American contemporaries (especially in the South) have a complete lack of knowledge regarding geography and foreign affairs. I seriously doubt that listening to Pink will help to educate them.

Lastly I never said it was the most groundbreaking song of all time..I said from "TODAYS" pop stars. READ :lol: Not to mention those songs from that time have nothing to do with what is going on RIGHT NOW at this moment in OUR LIVES. :wink:

How do you know that those songs bear no relation to modern times? Sun Tzu's literature which was written over 2,000 years ago in China is still read by business analysts. Likewise, a lot of the songs written in the 60s or 70s can still be applied to modern times. I feel that there is no freedom of expression in the pop industry anymore. You either conform to the stupid ideals of manufactured pop or you don't get a record contract. Simple as that.

But we can agree to disagree.

MrsKellyPierce
03-26-2007, 10:58 PM
That may be true however, her voice is reaching the younger crowd and her fans. You may not think it's powerful, but kids listen to her as well as many other popstars. And at least she put a song to good use. For the younger generation to listen to. If many other popstars and rap artist did this. There'd be a lot more voters from the younger generation. Also more care of what goes on. You are only seeing the small picture, where I am seeing the bigger picture.

I think popstars like her contribute negatively to the youth of any Western society. They watch MTV and think "hey, I don't have to study or get an education, I can act like a slut just like Pink did and get a record deal for it". And they end up flipping burgers at McDonalds. That's actually where "Pink" should be, thinking about it... :P

Yes, and frankly thats something that worries me, speaking as someone living outside of America. I'm only 18, and still most of my American contemporaries (especially in the South) have a complete lack of knowledge regarding geography and foreign affairs. I seriously doubt that listening to Pink will help to educate them.

How do you know that those songs bear no relation to modern times? Sun Tzu's literature which was written over 2,000 years ago in China is still read by business analysts. Likewise, a lot of the songs written in the 60s or 70s can still be applied to modern times. I feel that there is no freedom of expression in the pop industry anymore. You either conform to the stupid ideals of manufactured pop or you don't get a record contract. Simple as that.

But we can agree to disagree. Cause it deals with whats going on NOW in AMERICA..right at this moment. And don't presume you know anything about an ARTIST cause of a song they came out with for FUN and DANCE. People do need something to dance to..so don't be PRESUMPTIOUS enough to sit there and think you are all MIGHTY because you listen to Pink Floyd. I really hate people that act like that. It's ANNOYING as you said. The song was based off what thousands of people in america I am sure are feeling, and most of those MTV kids will only LEARN from MTV so her making a song about it was SMART on her part. And being 18 you should know this better than someone older. I myself know how my generation is. Everything is about media and whose Who. So come off it with the BETTER than THOU act. Pink is doing her part at least.

DJ_Asia
03-26-2007, 11:20 PM

But we can agree to disagree.

Thats not entirely true.Take a listen to the latest release by Ministry 'Rio Grande Blood' the whole album is a political statement.And Ministry founder Al Jourgenson doesnt fuck around..he spells it out ....loud and clear....

And now a message from the President of the United States George W. Bush
I’ve adopted sophisticated terrorist tactics
And I’m a dangerous, dangerous man
With dangerous, dangerous weapons
I want to drain the coal resources in America
And foreign sources of crude oil.
I’m a weapon of mass destruction
And I’m a brutal dictator
And I’m evil

Verse 1
I’ve got something that I must confess
I make a profit off people oppressed
I take the money ‘til there’s nothing left
And all I gotta say is Yippie Aye Yay

Chorus
Rio Grande Blood

I want money
I want yer money
I want crude oil
It’s the government’s money
I’m an asshole

Verse 2
I can’t remember the world such a mess
Not for the companies I like the best
Exxon and Conoco – fuck all the rest

Chorus
Rio Grande Blood

I want money
I want yer money
I want crude oil
It’s the government’s money

Breakdown
We went to war because of our dependence on foreign oil Haliburton
We went to war because of money
Haliburton
We will settle for nothing less than victory, victory
Haliburton
We will settle for nothing less than crude oil -crude oil
Verse 3
Squeezing the middle class whom I detest
Taxing the poor so the rich can invest
I know I’m an asshole, but aren’t you impressed

Chorus
Rio Grande Blood

Rio Grande Blood
Rio Grande Blood
I want crude oil
Rio Grande Blood
I want money
Rio Grande Blood

chefmike
03-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Here's another ode to the chimp-in-chief...

BTW...If I believed in the biblical concept of Hell, I would picture Bush roasting on a spit next to Nixon and Reagan....

You Got Away With It (A Tale Of Two Fraternity Brothers)
Todd Snider

The tale of two brothers...a memoir
Remember that kid we beat up back in college
Me, you, and Thompson out in front of the frat
And that hippie went home crying to his parents
I can't believe you got us out of that
How sweet was that
God we were drunk
Drove around all night after it with that keg in the trunk
And when the cop pulled us over
You talked us out of that, too

You got away with it
You got away
You get away with
The things that you say

I had to quit partying about a year and a half after you did
I don't regret it though, I think it was fun
Besides, it was the 70's
We were a couple of rich kids
And aside from that one hippie
We never really hurt anyone
Well, there's that other thing that I won't even say
As God as my witness I'll take that to my grave
Cause that was an accident
And you did what you had to do

You got away with it
You got away
You get away with
The things that you say
I worry forever
Never for you
You'll get away with it
You always do

You never did tell me what happened with you and your brother down there in Florida
I heard they gave you a hell of a time
Everybody around here was afraid you might lose
I told them not to worry cause I knew you'd be fine
Had me out here to Camp David a few times over the years
I think the first time we were teenagers sneakin' beers
Look at you now you old son of a bitch
You got the run of this place
Unbelievable

You got away with it
You got away
You got away with
The things that you say
I worry forever
Never for you
You'll get away with it
You always do
You'll get away with
This new thing too

biguy4tvtscd
03-27-2007, 12:12 AM
meh.

If the "younger generation" needs Pink to motivate them to go out and vote and get involved with politics, we're in bigger trouble than previously thought.

As for my answer to one of her questions..

Q: What do you think when you see all the homeless?
A: Get off your ass and get a fucking job!

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 12:29 AM
meh.

If the "younger generation" needs Pink to motivate them to go out and vote and get involved with politics, we're in bigger trouble than previously thought.

A: Get off your ass and get a fucking job! YAWN

chefmike
03-27-2007, 12:31 AM
meh.

Ever hear of the working homeless, dipshit?

Sounds like another case of "compassionate conservatism" at work....

http://www.therationalradical.com/dsep/1201/working-poor.htm

http://www.aboyandhiscomputer.com/show.php?ItemID=2679

http://www.nationalhomeless.org/publications/facts.html

http://www.nypirg.org/homeless/facts.html

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 12:33 AM
meh.

Sounds like another case of "compassionate conservatism" at work....

http://www.nationalhomeless.org/publications/facts.html

http://www.nypirg.org/homeless/facts.html lol THANK YOU!!

chefmike
03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
meh.

You just keep sittin' there and lookin' pretty, sugarbritches...I'll handle this jackass....

So who's your daddy?

That's what I thought, peaches... :wink:

otherguy
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM

The vast majority of the men in the South don't give a damn about anything other than their new Gator, how much game they shot in the past quarter, and supporting the moron-in-chief. A majority of women in the South care about the latest gossip, their new 'do' and what happened at the last DAR/DOC meeting.

People in the South don't listen to a near 30yo Canadian for political commentary. They don't even listen to the Dixie Chicks FFS. They cry at Lee Greenwood's 'Proud to be an American', cheer on Number 8 and give a rebel yell after Toby Keith's 'Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue'. They listen to Billy Bob Preacher's Hot Line to Salvation and Mack who's going back to Iraq. And they watch Fox News as if it was Gospel.

Pink? In the South. You've got to be joking.

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 12:41 AM
meh.

You just keep sittin' there and lookin' pretty, sugarbritches...I'll handle this jackass....

So who's your daddy?

That's what I thought, peaches... :wink: :lol:

chefmike
03-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Reality check: I've lived, worked, and played all over this country...I have also served in the USN alongside citizens from every state in the USA....and I've met just as many bigots in other parts of this country as I have in the south....

ottorocket
03-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Silly... but i like Megadeaths, "Peace sells..but who's buying" and Genesis' "World of Confusion".

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Silly... but i like Megadeaths, "Peace sells..but who's buying" and Genesis' "World of Confusion". where's my cum lol

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 01:28 AM
:lol:

ottorocket
03-27-2007, 01:30 AM

Saving it up for when you get out to SF dear...by then i may just blow like Mt. Pinatubo...lol

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 01:36 AM

Saving it up for when you get out to SF dear...by then i may just blow like Mt. Pinatubo...lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hot more to swallow

TSFanTN
03-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Pink...blah...

John Mayer - Waiting on the World to Change

John Lennon - Imagine

Those are songs that get people thinking.

Jericho
03-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Pah...You want influential

Peaches come from a can,
They were put there by a man!

Sez it all! 8)

ILuvGurls
03-27-2007, 02:28 AM
not sure this thread even deserves a reply, but since i'm typing....... you guys are saying things that have already been said 30 years before and ain't nothing happen to change it.

i grew up in the 60's, so shut up and in 30 years you will have the same attitude as me.

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 02:40 AM
I think half of you are missing the point of the thread..I SAID FROM POP ARTIST!! Not from rock artist.....UGH....some people

praetor
03-27-2007, 02:48 AM
THE CANADIAN ROCK BAND RUSH

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Rush-in-concert.jpg

ILuvGurls
03-27-2007, 03:02 AM
I think half of you are missing the point of the thread..I SAID FROM POP ARTIST!! Not from rock artist.....UGH....some people

and please tell us the point of this thread.....kelly some times it's better to keep the mouth shut.......

not sure i understand..pop-rock(thought these were interchangeable) artist......it was a fucking ballard

MrsKellyPierce
03-27-2007, 03:07 AM

and please tell us the point of this thread.....kelly some times it's better to keep the mouth shut.......

not sure i understand..pop-rock(thought these were interchangeable) artist......it was a fucking ballard I said POP ARTIST OF TODAY READ THE FIRST OPENING LINE!!!!!!!!!! It isn't hard to GET!!

InHouston
03-27-2007, 11:04 PM

Ditto! Truly Rush’s work was nothing short of groundbreaking, and Niel Peart's lyrics profoundly surpass the petty political whining of Pink’s lame song in sophistication, technique, precision, and lyrical meaning. Kelly, the music you regard as profound is directly proportional to your level of thinking --- shallow. And while you appreciate that Pink’s music is reaching (tainting) the younger generation, when Rush’s music debuted, our generation was inspired and enchanted by their brilliant artistry that addressed the deeper aspects of our existence. It’s pretty immature and hypocritical of Pink to complain about what she thinks the president’s shortcomings are where society’s woes are concerned, as she leaves the show in her stretch limo.

Here’s one example of the lyrical genius that is Neil Peart in the Rush song Freewill.

There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance
With a host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
The stars aren’t aligned ---
Or the gods are malign
Blame is better to give than receive

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that’s clear
I will choose free will

There are those who think that they’ve been dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them ---
They weren’t born in lotus-land

All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can’t pray for a place
In heavens unearthly estate

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That’s far too fleet...

Jamie Michelle
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree, I loved it, Pink is trying to make the president a more human person, rather than this otherworldy naive figure. I think most citizens question this current president, its nothing new its been this way since the 2000 election. But hey we cant change the past.....life is about making choices and not looking back.

Yes, being knowingly and willingly complicit in the plan that mass-murdered some 3000 U.S. citizens does tend to make people think ill of such a person. Now I'm awaiting Pink's song that makes Jeffrey Dahmer "a more human person." Although that task should be far more easier, as after all, Jeffrey Dahmer didn't murder nearly as many people.

hwbs
03-27-2007, 11:25 PM
2Skinnee J's - BBQ..... LMAO

crayons
03-27-2007, 11:28 PM

If you honestly think that this is the most groundbreaking song ever written then you have issues. Go listen to some Pink Floyd or Leonard Cohen if you what meaningful songs, not this travesty...

I was thinking the same thing. Pink's audience is made up mostly of 12 year old high schoolers who can't even vote. Most pop stars today make songs like this just to make them feel better. Pink's makeup is deeper than the songs lyrics.
P.S. This is the most retarded song I've heard from Pink. Who wastes their money on this type of garbage?

InHouston
03-28-2007, 12:21 AM

Yes, being knowingly and willingly complicit in the plan that mass-murdered some 3000 U.S. citizens does tend to make people think ill of such a person. Now I'm awaiting Pink's song that makes Jeffrey Dahmer "a more human person." Although that task should be far more easier, as after all, Jeffrey Dahmer didn't murder nearly as many people.

Now go take your medicine.

InHouston
03-28-2007, 12:22 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Pink's audience is made up mostly of 12 year old high schoolers who can't even vote. Most pop stars today make songs like this just to make them feel better. Pink's makeup is deeper than the songs lyrics.
P.S. This is the most retarded song I've heard from Pink. Who wastes their money on this type of garbage?

I agree. The singing and music are nice, but the lyrics just totally trash the song. It's like tits on a bull.

InHouston
03-28-2007, 12:24 AM
A good song I downloaded today, that trumps Pink's song, is Ordinary Miracle by Sarah McLachlan. Beautiful with enchanting lyrics.

You can hear it here. It was done with a montage of stills from the old Charlotte's Web movie; one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjFnDsNOHc

biguy4tvtscd
03-28-2007, 01:22 AM
If you're working, and still homeless, then you're obviously in the wrong job. If that job is all you can get because of education level or ability, than you have no one to blame but yourself.
If you think you can make a lifelong career out of McDonalds server, Gap clerk, or Waitress then you're thoroughly delusional.

Concerning your links, I'm not suprised that your first two come from sites where they're not afraid to let their socialism shine through.

I think Sean Hannity is a first class dickwad, but his quote is D.O.B.A. : "These people made choices in life. They could have gotten a better education and then they'd make more money. They have no one to blame but themselves."

As for TheNationalRadicals response: "Perhaps it never occurred to these gentlemen and gentlewomen of the right that if these underachievers had secured higher paying jobs, someone else would then be in the low-income job. In other words, someone will be doing that low-income work, and whoever is, needs to be paid enough to survive."

I say it did occur to them. Low income jobs like McDonalds, Waiters/Waitresses/Busboys, Retail Store clerk, etc.. are MEANT to be low paying jobs, because they are low skill jobs (i.e. any trained monkey can perform them) They are jobs intentioned for ENTRY LEVEL WORKERS. High School / College students, etc.. People who do not yet have the skills required to maintain a career. People who do not have a house and family to support because they are still living with their parents. When the first worker moves on, another entry level worker takes their place. So to shoot down the Nat Rad's response...It's not a zero sum game. There's always a new set of Entry Level workers entering the workforce as older entry level workers become experienced and move up to the next level.

Gee, what a shock, those people moved from Bumfuck SC to just outside New York City, and the expenses are too high. WHO'DA THUNK IT!!???!!??!!
Why the hell do they think the flow of people usually goes the opposite direction? Because living expenses are higher in areas like Poughkeepsie, NY and lower in areas like Bumfuck, SC. (The wages generally are too, but of course, it depends on the type of job, more disparity in high skill jobs, less disparity in low skill jobs)
It's too bad the link to the original article was dead, because I'd bet dollars to donuts that in SC that person had an entry level position (my money says he was a clerk at the local Gas & Sip)

http://www.nypirg.org/homeless/facts.html
Not disputing the numbers, but I do wonder if they include illegal immigrants?
As for all the numbers concerning kids...if you cannot afford a child, have an abortion. If you get pregnant and drop out of high school, don't expect to ever get out of entry level work unless you're able to go back to school at some point. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Kriss
03-28-2007, 02:15 AM
..It's not a zero sum game.

??????????? aNYONE Have a translation of this phrase in ENGLISH?

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.

is that you Donald Trump?

biguy4tvtscd
03-28-2007, 02:58 AM
..It's not a zero sum game.

??????????? aNYONE Have a translation of this phrase in ENGLISH?
Here's the Wiki article on zero-sum-games: Clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_sum_game)

I was not using it strictly according to that Wiki definition. What the Rational Radical (I mistakenly called it National Radical) proposes is a zero sum, one person get's higher wages, therefore another get's lower wages, and the size of the overall wage pie never changes.
But the pie always changes, old workers leave the workforce, new workers enter. So while one person moves up and earns higher wages, a new person enters the workforce (i.e. makes the overall wage pie larger), and that new person earns entry level wages.
It's not a one to one trade off as the Rat Rad would suggest.

Additionally, unlike their suggestion, entry level workers are paid enough to survive. Entry Level work is not for family breadwinners, it's for unskilled beginners. Unskilled beginners need far less to "survive" because they're living at home, still in high school/college, etc...

There should not be a onus placed on society to pay McDonalds burger flippers enough to raise a family and pay a mortgage or rent.

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.

is that you Donald Trump?
No, I'm just someone that always did (or tried to do) my best, whether it was working at a deli making sandwiches, delivering pizza's, taking high school and college courses, or working at my current job supporting the network of a small business.

Besides, don't begrudge Trump because he's rich. Begrudge him because he's a callous asshole. Just be sure not to mix the two...because being a callous asshole is completely unrelated to yearly income.

Kriss
03-28-2007, 03:11 AM
a zero sum.......

Oh. thanks for info

wombat33
03-28-2007, 03:31 AM

Not my type of song at all. ANd...........I am SOOOOOOO sick of all of these actors, musicians, and stars writing songs about the president, the gov't, and all the problems of the world when they sit atop the PILE of money they have and point a finger at a job they could not handle for a minute without thier head spining off.

I am not a Bush supporter, but I totally respect the office of the President of The U.S.A. It is way too easy for these celebs to take shots.

How about Pink takes a walk with me in NYC at night and hands out money to feed the homeless in the street, or donate $$, to programs to get guns of the street.

SOrry to rain on your thread............you know I love you, but I really am sick of Hollywood and thier bullshit.

Now,

Off to work to make my measley $50,000 per year and with that I have three "adopted" children in starving countries I sponsor monthly.

Would'nt it be nice of hollywood gave the same percentage of thier INFLATED incomes?

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 03:59 AM

Not my type of song at all. ANd...........I am SOOOOOOO sick of all of these actors, musicians, and stars writing songs about the president, the gov't, and all the problems of the world when they sit atop the PILE of money they have and point a finger at a job they could not handle for a minute without thier head spining off.

I am not a Bush supporter, but I totally respect the office of the President of The U.S.A. It is way too easy for these celebs to take shots.

How about Pink takes a walk with me in NYC at night and hands out money to feed the homeless in the street, or donate $$, to programs to get guns of the street.

SOrry to rain on your thread............you know I love you, but I really am sick of Hollywood and thier bullshit.

Now,

Off to work to make my measley $50,000 per year and with that I have three "adopted" children in starving countries I sponsor monthly.

Would'nt it be nice of hollywood gave the same percentage of thier INFLATED incomes? Pink does give money to the poor and to victims of abuse.. Do your RESEARCH before you speak :roll: And she didn't come from fame or riches :roll: AND LASTLY I'M NOT EVEN A PINK FAN LOL but just cause she's a pop singer doesn't mean she doesn't have INTELLIGENCE or HAVE and opinion of whats going ON. So SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH ALL YOUR BETTER THAN THOU I KNOW WHAT WILL FIX THE WORLD CRAP!!

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 04:02 AM

Ditto! Truly Rush’s work was nothing short of groundbreaking, and Niel Peart's lyrics profoundly surpass the petty political whining of Pink’s lame song in sophistication, technique, precision, and lyrical meaning. Kelly, the music you regard as profound is directly proportional to your level of thinking --- shallow. And while you appreciate that Pink’s music is reaching (tainting) the younger generation, when Rush’s music debuted, our generation was inspired and enchanted by their brilliant artistry that addressed the deeper aspects of our existence. It’s pretty immature and hypocritical of Pink to complain about what she thinks the president’s shortcomings are where society’s woes are concerned, as she leaves the show in her stretch limo.

Here’s one example of the lyrical genius that is Neil Peart in the Rush song Freewill.

There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance
With a host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
The stars aren’t aligned ---
Or the gods are malign
Blame is better to give than receive

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that’s clear
I will choose free will

There are those who think that they’ve been dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them ---
They weren’t born in lotus-land

All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can’t pray for a place
In heavens unearthly estate

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That’s far too fleet... OH SHUT UP seriously I like all types of music.. The POINT WAS A POP ARTIST from The GENRE OF POP is USING THEIR INFLUENCE FOR GOOD That was the only POINT Get off your HIGH HORSES PEOPLE MY GOD - She's human she is also ALLOWED to contribute just BECAUSE SHE SINGS AND DRESSES A CERTAIN WAY. GET THE FUCK OFF IT!! PEOPLE DISGUST ME seriously.

Ecstatic
03-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Kelly turned me on to Dear Mr. President by Pink yesterday, and I not only like it, I think she's continuing the tradition of popstars speaking out against elected leaders abusing their power: jazz, folk and blues artists did so in the 1930s, '40s, and '50s; rock and folk artists in the 1960s, and so on. Pink is not as shallow as she may appear; she has also spoken out against abusive relationships (having been through one herself). She's no John Lennon or Phil Ochs, but she has a voice and she's using it. I told Kelly that her song reminded me of one from my younger days, by folk-rock artist Shawn Phillips, written for and about Nixon, titled "Mr. President" from his 1974 album Furthermore:

Great God! What do you see
It's falling to the ground
The very fabric of our lives
Is turning upside down
We learn to kill before we read
To turn the bastard round
We got the means to foil the world
Does that mean we got to do it now?

Hey Mr. President I really do hope
That you don't watch your T.V.
And keep your fingers
Away from those buttons

For me and my family and my friends afar
And the ones we haven't met
We are aware of your sophisticated toys
And the violence they beget
We don't approve of the way things are
Much less the present set
Things gotta change in the next ten years
'Cause we don't intend to buy the farm yet

Mr. Prime Minister won't you administer
Decrees to decrease the war
It really ain't funny when you're
Makin' that money from

Gore and blood and spillin' his guts
And he really doesn't understand why
We been fillin' his head with
Vicarious dreams, 'bout the paradise
In the sky, and if you don't kill him
We'll kill you is our insidious reply
'Cause it's gone full circle
And returned again
And nobody really knows why

Hey Mr. Premier won't you take another year
To let your people be
Elevating, tolerating
All that they could be creating

The truly sad thing is that each generation has had to speak out against the abuses of power by elected officials, and that is tragic. Nixon to Bush, how far have we come?

However, in terms of strong social commitment on the part of a pop superstar, I think Shakira is well out in front among the younger set these days: her Barefoot Foundation aids children in Colombia, so she's putting her money where her mouth is. She was honored for her humanitarian efforts at the United Nations in April, 2006, with an award sponsored by Woman Together, a nonprofit organization that provides loans to help low-income women produce textiles. The ceremony featured a fashion show with clothing made in part by women from Colombia, Panama, Mexico, Peru, India, Bangladesh, Morocco and Brazil. "Let's not forget at the end of this day when we all go home, 960 children will have died in Latin America," Shakira said after receiving her award.

Yes, we can justifiably criticize most popstars for living a fast and fancy lifestyle, but that doesn't diminish the good work they do. Does Pink's "Dear Mr. President" stand up to Dylan's "Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" (or about 150 other songs of social commentary the minstrel from Duluth has penned)? No, not really. But she sings it with conviction and as Kelly says is reaching some young people who might not listen otherwise.

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Kelly turned me on to Dear Mr. President by Pink yesterday, and I not only like it, I think she's continuing the tradition of popstars speaking out against elected leaders abusing their power: jazz, folk and blues artists did so in the 1930s, '40s, and '50s; rock and folk artists in the 1960s, and so on. Pink is not as shallow as she may appear; she has also spoken out against abusive relationships (having been through one herself). She's no John Lennon or Phil Ochs, but she has a voice and she's using it. I told Kelly that her song reminded me of one from my younger days, by folk-rock artist Shawn Phillips, written for and about Nixon, titled "Mr. President" from his 1974 album Furthermore:

Great God! What do you see
It's falling to the ground
The very fabric of our lives
Is turning upside down
We learn to kill before we read
To turn the bastard round
We got the means to foil the world
Does that mean we got to do it now?

Hey Mr. President I really do hope
That you don't watch your T.V.
And keep your fingers
Away from those buttons

For me and my family and my friends afar
And the ones we haven't met
We are aware of your sophisticated toys
And the violence they beget
We don't approve of the way things are
Much less the present set
Things gotta change in the next ten years
'Cause we don't intend to buy the farm yet

Mr. Prime Minister won't you administer
Decrees to decrease the war
It really ain't funny when you're
Makin' that money from

Gore and blood and spillin' his guts
And he really doesn't understand why
We been fillin' his head with
Vicarious dreams, 'bout the paradise
In the sky, and if you don't kill him
We'll kill you is our insidious reply
'Cause it's gone full circle
And returned again
And nobody really knows why

Hey Mr. Premier won't you take another year
To let your people be
Elevating, tolerating
All that they could be creating

The truly sad thing is that each generation has had to speak out against the abuses of power by elected officials, and that is tragic. Nixon to Bush, how far have we come?

However, in terms of strong social commitment on the part of a pop superstar, I think Shakira is well out in front among the younger set these days: her Barefoot Foundation aids children in Colombia, so she's putting her money where her mouth is. She was honored for her humanitarian efforts at the United Nations in April, 2006, with an award sponsored by Woman Together, a nonprofit organization that provides loans to help low-income women produce textiles. The ceremony featured a fashion show with clothing made in part by women from Colombia, Panama, Mexico, Peru, India, Bangladesh, Morocco and Brazil. "Let's not forget at the end of this day when we all go home, 960 children will have died in Latin America," Shakira said after receiving her award.

Yes, we can justifiably criticize most popstars for living a fast and fancy lifestyle, but that doesn't diminish the good work they do. Does Pink's "Dear Mr. President" stand up to Dylan's "Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" (or about 150 other songs of social commentary the minstrel from Duluth has penned)? No, not really. But she sings it with conviction and as Kelly says is reaching some young people who might not listen otherwise. Very well said Ecstatic..sorry I'm just a little outraged by some people's reactions. At least she's doing something, speaking out for people that feel the same. Rather than belly aching over it and doing nothing.

wombat33
03-28-2007, 04:23 AM

Now,

Would'nt it be nice of hollywood gave the same percentage of thier INFLATED incomes? Pink does give money to the poor and to victims of abuse.. Do your RESEARCH before you speak :roll: And she didn't come from fame or riches :roll: AND LASTLY I'M NOT EVEN A PINK FAN LOL but just cause she's a pop singer doesn't mean she doesn't have INTELLIGENCE or HAVE and opinion of whats going ON. So SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH ALL YOUR BETTER THAN THOU I KNOW WHAT WILL FIX THE WORLD CRAP!!

Do you have the reciepts showing her contributions? Were you there?
Do you know "pink" personally?

I mentioned in my post that I was not attacking your thoughts about the song...........just the hollywood fake-ass phonies claiming to havbe a clue as to what the world needs to be a better place.

Thanks for your kindness. That was pretty crappy considering I never did anything but stick up for you when this board was raining bullshit darts on you.

Jamie Michelle
03-28-2007, 04:23 AM

Now go take your medicine.

Yes, I'm sure there are a number of drugs that people take in order to remain in denial. Based upon the television ads that I see for them, apparently they are quite popular.

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 04:37 AM

Now,

I mentioned in my post that I was not attacking your thoughts about the song...........just the hollywood fake-ass phonies claiming to havbe a clue as to what the world needs to be a better place.

Thanks for your kindness. That was pretty crappy considering I never did anything but stick up for you when this board was raining bullshit darts on you. Yeah it was documented etc STARS do a lot of stuff behind the scenes rather than air it to SHOW OFF like many stars choose to do. Not all Stars are bad people. It just annoys me, and doesn't set well with me. Especially when we are in a community that gets judged harshly everyday. Then so many are hyprocrites. It just has never set well with me, and I don't apologize for my frankness.

ILuvGurls
03-28-2007, 04:40 AM

and what does this have to do with any thing that is being discussed in this thread?

PINK AS A ROLE MODEL......man you fuckers are in deep shit.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g14/duke1948/laughing_168.jpg

wombat33
03-28-2007, 04:46 AM

Now,

Thanks for your kindness. That was pretty crappy considering I never did anything but stick up for you when this board was raining bullshit darts on you. Yeah it was documented etc STARS do a lot of stuff behind the scenes rather than air it to SHOW OFF like many stars choose to do. Not all Stars are bad people. It just annoys me, and doesn't set well with me. Especially when we are in a community that gets judged harshly everyday. Then so many are hyprocrites. It just has never set well with me, and I don't apologize for my frankness.

it's ok, I was not expecting an apology after your first response.

Pink's charitable contributions are not even a pimple on the ass of the late great Frank Sinatra. LOL

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 04:47 AM

and what does this have to do with any thing that is being discussed in this thread?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g14/duke1948/laughing_168.jpgwhy not shes stands for a strong women and tells girls not to let guys demean them or use them?? I don't get why she's so horrible?

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 04:48 AM

Now,

Pink's charitable contributions are not even a pimple on the ass of the late great Frank Sinatra. LOL Umm Frank Sinatra is a lot older and had been in the business a lot longer Pink has only been on the scene a few years and started giving back her first year on the scene?? :lol:

Kriss
03-28-2007, 04:52 AM
why not shes stands for a strong women and tells girls not to let guys demean them or use them?? I don't get why she's so horrible?

Isnt it the bird from '4nonblondes' still writing pink's lyrics for her?

the ass of the late great Frank Sinatra. LOL

And Frank is Wank

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 04:55 AM
why not shes stands for a strong women and tells girls not to let guys demean them or use them?? I don't get why she's so horrible?

Isnt it the bird from '4nonblondes' still writing pink's lyrics for her?

the ass of the late great Frank Sinatra. LOL

And Frank is Wank she only wrote one of her songs and that was jagged pill or something

wombat33
03-28-2007, 04:55 AM

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g14/duke1948/laughing_168.jpg

Agreed. Pretty scary..........I weep for the future.

wombat33
03-28-2007, 04:57 AM

Now,

Pink's charitable contributions are not even a pimple on the ass of the late great Frank Sinatra. LOL Umm Frank Sinatra is a lot older and had been in the business a lot longer Pink has only been on the scene a few years and started giving back her first year on the scene?? :lol:

If you would do YOUR REASEARCH..........you would see what Frank sinatra did in his first few years also. Pink has been around for over 5 years.

I LOVE NEW YORK!

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 05:00 AM

Now,

If you would do YOUR REASEARCH..........you would see what Frank sinatra did in his first few years also. Pink has been around for over 5 years.

I LOVE NEW YORK! yeah and through those 5 years she's given back. Doing charity concerts, giving money, etc. And most people know her as a strong feminist. She's poking fun at other pop-stars in a lot of her songs. Obviously you know nothing about her career. So why speak about it?

wombat33
03-28-2007, 05:07 AM

Now,

I LOVE NEW YORK! yeah and through those 5 years she's given back. Doing charity concerts, giving money, etc. And most people know her as a strong feminist. She's poking fun at other pop-stars in a lot of her songs. Obviously you know nothing about her career. So why speak about it?

I am all the better for not knowing. Let's have a last word contest why don't we? LOL.

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 05:17 AM
she only wrote one of her songs and that was jagged pill or something

She's poking fun at other pop-stars in a lot of her songs.

:?: :?: :?: Stupid Girls is one song where she is making fun.

PatrickFromNYC
03-28-2007, 06:45 AM
I just downloaded Pinks song. Although I totally agree with Pinks sentiment about Bush, its not even a remotely good song. Lyrics sound like they were written by a 6th grader.

But I do give Pink credit for having the guts to speak out.

If your looking for a good protest song refer to Bad Religons American Jesus:

AMERICAN JESUS

I dont need to be a global citizen
Because Im blessed by nationality
Im member of a growing populace
We enforce our popularity
There are things that
Seem to pull us under
And there are things
That drag us down
But theres a power
And a vital presence
Thats lurking all around
Weve got the american jesus
See him on the interstate
He helped build the
Presidents estate
I feel sorry
For the earths population
cuz so few
Live in the u.s.a.
At least the foreigners
Can copy our morality
They can visit but they cannot stay
Only precious few
Can garner the prosperity
It makes us walk
With renewed confidence
Weve got a place to go when we die
And the architect resides right here
Overwhelming millions every day
(exercising his authority)
Hes the farmers barren fields
The force the army wields
The expession in the faces
Of the starving children
The power of the man
Hes the fuel that drives the clan
Hes the motive and conscience
Of the murderer
Hes the preacher on t.v.
The false sincerity
The form letter thats written
By the big computers
Hes the nuclear bombs
And the kids with no moms
And Im fearful that
Hes inside me

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1785664487496142987

InHouston
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
The POINT WAS A POP ARTIST from The GENRE OF POP is USING THEIR INFLUENCE FOR GOOD That was the only POINT Get off your HIGH HORSES PEOPLE MY GOD - She's human she is also ALLOWED to contribute just BECAUSE SHE SINGS AND DRESSES A CERTAIN WAY. GET THE FUCK OFF IT!! PEOPLE DISGUST ME seriously.

Rationalize it anyway you want to, but her song is still lame. You're the one who started this thread by posting some retarded political propaganda thinking everyone would respond with "Wow ... oh wow thank you Kelly and Pink! That was so moving, and the president should really sit down and listen to this song and take a long look at himself."

:thumbsdown Get da fuck outta here.

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 08:08 PM
The POINT WAS A POP ARTIST from The GENRE OF POP is USING THEIR INFLUENCE FOR GOOD That was the only POINT Get off your HIGH HORSES PEOPLE MY GOD - She's human she is also ALLOWED to contribute just BECAUSE SHE SINGS AND DRESSES A CERTAIN WAY. GET THE FUCK OFF IT!! PEOPLE DISGUST ME seriously.

Rationalize it anyway you want to, but her song is still lame. You're the one who started this thread by posting some retarded political propaganda thinking everyone would respond with "Wow ... oh wow thank you Kelly and Pink! That was so moving, and the president should really sit down and listen to this song and take a long look at himself."

:thumbsdown Get da fuck outta here. No your reaction should of been wow at least one of the pop stars is finally doing something rather than singing about who broke their heart etc. Thats the only thing you should be "SURPRISED" about...I didn't ask if you would like the song, I didn't ask who does a better song WHEN THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE TEENY BOPPY POP CATEGORY..I stated and I quote "ONE OF THE MOST MOVING AND POWERFUL SONGS I"VE HEARD FROM TODAYS POP ARTIST" I'm sorry if you are too retarded to grasp the point of the thread..and Keep throwing artists and your opinion of Pink in the THREAD..

InHouston
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM

:thumbsdown Get da fuck outta here. No your reaction should of been wow at least one of the pop stars is finally doing something rather than singing about who broke their heart etc. Thats the only thing you should be "SURPRISED" about...I didn't ask if you would like the song, I didn't ask who does a better song WHEN THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE TEENY BOPPY POP CATEGORY..I stated and I quote "ONE OF THE MOST MOVING AND POWERFUL SONGS I"VE HEARD FROM TODAYS POP ARTIST" I'm sorry if you are too retarded to grasp the point of the thread..and Keep throwing artists and your opinion of Pink in the THREAD..

Let me see, I still don't think you get it.

THAT SONG BY PINK SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

She's finally doing something? I'd be more impressed if Pink would run for president. That would be "doing something" to correct the problems she sings about. Fuck her lame ass song!

MrsKellyPierce
03-28-2007, 08:36 PM

:thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

She's finally doing something? I'd be more impressed if Pink would run for president. That would be "doing something" to correct the problems she sings about. Fuck her lame ass song! YAWN get over yourself.. WHY DON'T YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT?? SINCE YOU SEEM SO PROUD OF YOURSELF AND THANK YOU ARE BETTER THAN THOU.. INSTEAD OF TALKING SHIT??

Kriss
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I'd be more impressed ...........

DAD? Is that you?

suckseed
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
What the fuck? Why can't someone make a post about something as innocuous as this without it turning into a multipage rant? Pink, the Roots and Joni Mitchell are all speaking from and to totally different mindsets. Some people like films with car chases and explosions, while others want to see art films from foreign countries. You can argue about which is better, but why? Do what you like. Live and let live, as long as no one is harmed. This is stupid.

HeHateMe
03-28-2007, 11:31 PM
This Pink song really indicates how modern "music" is such a joke. If you want power and a real message go back into your "archives" and listen to Imagine by one John Lennon.

wombat33
03-29-2007, 03:09 AM

She's finally doing something? I'd be more impressed if Pink would run for president. That would be "doing something" to correct the problems she sings about. Fuck her lame ass song!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!! WELL SAID

YOU ARE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefmike
03-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Sweet Fancy Moses...I'm not a pink fan...all I did was read the friggin lyrics...and I don't give a shit who wrote them, or how old they are...bravo...the fact that the emperor has no clothes is now being pointed out to the MTV generation...

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution...

And I'm not saying this just beause I want to fuck you in that fine ass of yours, sugarbritches... :wink:

MrsKellyPierce
03-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Sweet Fancy Moses...I'm not a pink fan...all I did was read the friggin lyrics...and I don't give a shit who wrote them, or how old they are...bravo...the fact that the emperor has no clothes is now being pointed out to the MTV generation...

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution...

And I'm not saying this just beause I want to fuck you in that fine ass of yours, sugarbritches... :wink: :lol:

ILuvGurls
03-29-2007, 04:52 AM

inhouston....think i got you on the finger pic by about 3 pages. :lol:

chefmike
03-29-2007, 05:36 AM
And another BTW, sugarbritches...

I forget which thread it was that you posted that shot of your tasty little tush...

So for those noobs, lurkers, etc. who have yet to see this southern-belle's butt,...and also the lazy late-night fucks like myself.... who of course wanna see it again...soooooo.....

POST THAT BOOTY AGAIN, SUGARBRITCHES!

MrsKellyPierce
03-29-2007, 05:55 AM
And another BTW, sugarbritches...

I forget which thread it was that you posted that shot of your tasty little tush...

So for those noobs, lurkers, etc. who have yet to see this southern-belle's butt,...and also the lazy late-night fucks like myself.... who of course wanna see it again...soooooo.....

POST THAT BOOTY AGAIN, SUGARBRITCHES! lol

chefmike
03-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about, peaches...very fine...

All those in favor say aye...

Motion carried?

Speak up, you faceless cock-bandits!

MrsKellyPierce
03-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about, peaches...very fine...

All those in favor say aye...

Motion carried?

Speak up, you faceless cock-bandits! :lol:

chefmike
03-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Honey, you have a downright Brazilian ass...

And I DO love that Tennessee BBQ...some mighty tasty butts....I'm droolin' right now...

Aragon21
03-29-2007, 06:33 AM
No your reaction should of been wow at least one of the pop stars is finally doing something rather than singing about who broke their heart etc. Thats the only thing you should be "SURPRISED" about...I didn't ask if you would like the song, I didn't ask who does a better song WHEN THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE TEENY BOPPY POP CATEGORY..I stated and I quote "ONE OF THE MOST MOVING AND POWERFUL SONGS I"VE HEARD FROM TODAYS POP ARTIST" I'm sorry if you are too retarded to grasp the point of the thread..and Keep throwing artists and your opinion of Pink in the THREAD..

Maybe you should take the insults out of other postee's response and just read the fact that:
NO, IT DOESN'T MOVE THEM!
THEY FOUND IT WEAK NOT POWERFUL!
And in response to your posts title:
THEY WERE NOT INFLUENCED!

Seriously Kelly, argueing with people that don't have the same taste as you is kinda bigoted! If I start a thread saying, Capt'n Crunch with Crunch Berries is the "Best" cereal ever. I would expect people to disagree. Honestly this thread has as much to stand on as my fictional thread on cereal. It gets soggy and mushy the longer it sits around!

MrsKellyPierce
03-29-2007, 06:35 AM
No your reaction should of been wow at least one of the pop stars is finally doing something rather than singing about who broke their heart etc. Thats the only thing you should be "SURPRISED" about...I didn't ask if you would like the song, I didn't ask who does a better song WHEN THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE TEENY BOPPY POP CATEGORY..I stated and I quote "ONE OF THE MOST MOVING AND POWERFUL SONGS I"VE HEARD FROM TODAYS POP ARTIST" I'm sorry if you are too retarded to grasp the point of the thread..and Keep throwing artists and your opinion of Pink in the THREAD..

Maybe you should take the insults out of other postee's response and just read the fact that:
NO, IT DOESN'T MOVE THEM!
THEY FOUND IT WEAK NOT POWERFUL!
And in response to your posts title:
THEY WERE NOT INFLUENCED!

Seriously Kelly, argueing with people that don't have the same taste as you is kinda bigoted! If I start a thread saying, Capt'n Crunch with Crunch Berries is the "Best" cereal ever. I would expect people to disagree. Honestly this thread has as much to stand on as my fictional thread on cereal. It gets soggy and mushy the longer it sits around! I never asked him to like the song?? I NEVER ASKED ANYONE TO LIKE THE SONG!!!! I was saying WELL DONE A POP STAR is using her FAME for something other than about heart aches and the next dance hit. THATS ALL I WAS SAYING..AGAIN people are missing the ENTIRE point of the THREAD

Aragon21
03-29-2007, 06:51 AM
I never asked him to like the song?? I NEVER ASKED ANYONE TO LIKE THE SONG!!!! I was saying WELL DONE A POP STAR is using her FAME for something other than about heart aches and the next dance hit. THATS ALL I WAS SAYING..AGAIN people are missing the ENTIRE point of the THREAD

I think you are missing the point of a forum!

You shared and they disagreed. What sharing opinion?!?!? Sounds like the idea of a forum!

But nope, you :deadhorse at people who don't agree with or share your opinion.

Your whole original post was "One of the most influential and powerful songs....I've heard to date, from pop stars of today." People disagreed and you took offense to it. Accept yourself, you don't like people who disagree with you, and like it or not, it's like the kid in school that gets picked on. ALOT of people here enjoy egging you on...hell I've stated as much I enjoy reading it. It's your reputation...do with it what you want. I personally enjoy the back and forth. It's like watching Jerry Springer with out the fists.

MrsKellyPierce
03-29-2007, 06:53 AM
I never asked him to like the song?? I NEVER ASKED ANYONE TO LIKE THE SONG!!!! I was saying WELL DONE A POP STAR is using her FAME for something other than about heart aches and the next dance hit. THATS ALL I WAS SAYING..AGAIN people are missing the ENTIRE point of the THREAD

I think you are missing the point of a forum!

You shared and they disagreed. What sharing opinion?!?!? Sounds like the idea of a forum!

But nope, you :deadhorse at people who don't agree with or share your opinion.

Your whole original post was "One of the most influential and powerful songs....I've heard to date, from pop stars of today." People disagreed and you took offense to it. Accept yourself, you don't like people who disagree with you, and like it or not, it's like the kid in school that gets picked on. ALOT of people here enjoy egging you on...hell I've stated as much I enjoy reading it. It's your reputation...do with it what you want. I personally enjoy the back and forth. It's like watching Jerry Springer with out the fists. No it's called they are retarded and they thought I was telling them to like the song lol I was simply stating WOW someone from the Pop world is actually doing something different. And they turned it into OMG this song is so much better PINK SUCKS yadda yadda the list goes on. THIS IS WHY THEY ARE RETARDED!!

Not to mention HI Jackers and hypocrites acting like they ARE BETTER THAN THOU.. WHAT ARE THEY DOING THATS SO GREAT?? That they are better than PINK??? I don't see them up there singing about whats going on or taking a stand. But yet they sure act like they can SAVE the World with the WAVE of their hand. It's IGNORANT and STUPID.

AND THEY DIDN'T DISAGREE -- THEY STARTED COMPARING IT TO ROCK MUSIC AND ROCK BANDS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME GENRE....OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T READ!

Aragon21
03-29-2007, 07:09 AM
And they turned it into OMG this song is so much better PINK SUCKS yadda yadda the list goes on. THIS IS WHY THEY ARE RETARDED!!

Not to mention HI Jackers and hypocrites acting like they ARE BETTER THAN THOU.. WHAT ARE THEY DOING THATS SO GREAT?? That they are better than PINK??? I don't see them up there singing about whats going on or taking a stand. But yet they sure act like they can SAVE the World with the WAVE of their hand. It's IGNORANT and STUPID.

Again that is what a forum is! You shared and they shared their opinion. Their opinion being they disagree with your assessment of Pink and her song, and since the title was "One of the most influential and powerful songs", they shared what they felt was such a song.

And honestly ignorant and stupid is not recognizing this. Ex. let's say you offer me a Butterfinger and I say "No sorry my teeth are to sensitive for that, but I'll share my Milky Way bar with you", and then you snap "How could you not like Butterfinger, I was telling you I like Butterfinger, why would you offer me a Milky Way." Does that example show an exchange of ideas? No, it shows someone who doesn't like people to have different tastes and doesn't respect other peoples' opinions.

As for my opinion, Pink is no better than anyone on this board, and for everyone who is changed for the better by that song, there are 3 times as many that will be hurt by her song "Get the Party Started" because they have addictive personalities and don't know when to stop the party. Again, just an opinion.

All artists have influence, and even my most influential song "Imagine" was written by an artist who advocated drug use for much of his career.

MrsKellyPierce
03-29-2007, 07:12 AM
And they turned it into OMG this song is so much better PINK SUCKS yadda yadda the list goes on. THIS IS WHY THEY ARE RETARDED!!

Again that is what a forum is! You shared and they shared their opinion. Their opinion being they disagree with your assessment of Pink and her song, and since the title was "One of the most influential and powerful songs", they shared what they felt was such a song.

And honestly ignorant and stupid is not recognizing this. Ex. let's say you offer me a Butterfinger and I say "No sorry my teeth are to sensitive for that, but I'll share my Milky Way bar with you", and then you snap "How could you not like Butterfinger, I was telling you I like Butterfinger, why would you offer me a Milky Way." Does that example show an exchange of ideas? No, it shows someone who doesn't like people to have different tastes and doesn't respect other peoples' opinions.

As for my opinion, Pink is no better than anyone on this board, and for everyone who is changed for the better by that song, there are 3 times as many that will be hurt by her song "Get the Party Started" because they have addictive personalities and don't know when to stop the party. Again, just an opinion.

All artists have influence, and even my most influential song "Imagine" was written by an artist who advocated drug use for much of his career. I am choosing not to read through all that HOOPLA cause is just says the same CRAP over and over again.

You give me one other song from a POP ARTIST from today that has been influential or powerful to spread a meaning

Hmm maybe it was

Justin Timberlake "Bringing Sexy Back"
Or
Jessica Simpson "I Belong To Me"
Or
Britney Spears "Baby One More Time"
Or
Mandy Moore "Crush"
Or
Christina Aguilera
"CandyMan"
Or
Ciara
1, 2, Step
Or the list goes on and on

GIVE ME ONE to compare

And then I'll say YOU ARE RIGHT and I'm wrong.

Aragon21
03-29-2007, 08:31 AM
I am choosing not to read through all that HOOPLA cause is just says the same CRAP over and over again.

You give me one other song from a POP ARTIST from today that has been influential or powerful to spread a meaning

Hmm maybe it was

Justin Timberlake "Bringing Sexy Back"
Or
Jessica Simpson "I Belong To Me"
Or
Britney Spears "Baby One More Time"
Or
Mandy Moore "Crush"
Or
Christina Aguilera
"CandyMan"
Or
Ciara
1, 2, Step
Or the list goes on and on

GIVE ME ONE to compare

And then I'll say YOU ARE RIGHT and I'm wrong.

LAST TIME. You shared an OPINION, they disagreed. You are right that for yourself right now it is one of the most influential and powerful songs. This is NOT TRUE FOR EVERYONE!

A FORUM is about the EXCHANGE OF IDEAS AND OPINIONS. You are ignorant and stupid if you are going to fight with people that think differently than you on something as minor as their preference in music! This is not a civil rights issue so get off the soap box, step away from the pulpit, just F*CKING CHILL!
:soapbox :screwy :deadhorse

LTR_Seeker
04-16-2007, 10:59 PM
My view singers should just sing not say much about politics just have fun & leave that to the talking heads on tv news

TomSelis
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Why isn't Mr. Roboto by Styx on anybody's list?

Phat
04-16-2007, 11:12 PM
pink wants to be madonna so bad