PDA

View Full Version : Is there a movie that makes you cry everytime?

Aragon21
03-24-2007, 04:05 AM
I know this is probably gonna get some laughs. Heaven knows my friends have all laughed at me when I told them this.

For me it is "Babe" and always at the same part in the movie. Okay as you know Babe is a pig that thinks he is a sheep dog. Well at the end of the movie after running to the farm and back to retrieve the secret message, he gains the trust of the competition sheep. After farmer Arthur Hoggett (Hoggett, get it?) quietly walks Babe through the routine and swings the gate closed, there is that brief moment of silence.

The crowd erupts cheering, the tears start flowing for me, and the farmer turns to Babe and and says, "That'll do, that'll do."

That'll do indeed! That'll do it to me everytime. :oops:

So save the guffaws and share your own little secret movie and scene. :D

zookeeper
03-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Avalon - the end always reminds me of my grandfather.

Aragon21
03-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Avalon - the end always reminds me of my grandfather.
That is very sweet. :D

Poltergeist always reminds me of my grandfather. Not for any twisted reason, but because the family was watching it when we got the call that he passed away. It's odd how the mind remembers things like that.

dskreet2
03-24-2007, 04:38 AM
The last couple of times I cried when Bruce Willis was giving his farewell speech to Liz (Liv) Tyler in Armeggedon!?!? Go figure! :cry:

hwbs
03-24-2007, 04:39 AM
The Notebook.....i have a member of my family with Alzheimer's.....i balled my eyes out...

Aragon21
03-24-2007, 04:42 AM
The last couple of times I cried when Bruce Willis was giving his farewell speech to Liz (Liv) Tyler in Armeggedon!?!? Go figure! :cry:
That movie has a few tear-jerkers. I get touched when the mother who denied to her son about his father, sees him boarding the shuttle and says "That's your daddy."

Quinn
03-24-2007, 04:47 AM
The Notebook.....i have a member of my family with Alzheimer's.....i balled my eyes out...

I can identify. My grandfather, on my father's side, died after having it for years. It was a terrible end for such an honorable man. It's not something I would wish upon my worst enemy.

-Quinn

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Ugh..There's alot of film that made me cry but I'll go with recent films I saw: Wicker Park! That scene near the end where they finally saw eachother after a longgg time of charade/deception by this other girl. :evil:

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

marissaazts
03-24-2007, 04:51 AM
the end of the shootist when john wayne is killed

hwbs
03-24-2007, 04:57 AM

I can identify. My grandfather, on my father's side, died after having it for years. It was a terrible end for such an honorable man. It's not something I would wish upon my worst enemy.

-Quinn

agreed...i thank God for the man we found to take care of my grandfather...he takes such good care of him...I can never thank him enough for the job hes done over the last 4-5 years..

AllanahStarrNYC
03-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Terms of Endearment

Master_A
03-24-2007, 05:07 AM
saving private ryan.

the green mile.

more a doco movie, but d-day to berlin, seeing footage of people starving to death and died from starvation got to me, not to mention omaha beach littered with bodies of guys younger than me shoot to death.

the opening or medal of honour frontline where you land on normany, medal of honour rising sun where your on a ship at pearl habour, and the start of medal of honour european assult, all 3 on ps2 got to me.

when the guy spoke about stan lee being like a dad in who wants to be a super hero, and when that guy won it got to me.

when owen hart, and eddie g died.

elo
03-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Schindlers List,the last scene when they put stones around Oskar Schindlers grave and the sad violin is playing.Can barely hold tears.Depends on the music.

MrsKellyPierce
03-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Stepmom

A Walk To Remember

Miss Congeniality 2 Where she talks about being worthless and not good enough.

HeHateMe
03-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Forrest Gump
Especially the scene in which he meets Forrest Jr. for the first time. "Is He Stupid Like Me"?. Gets me every damn time.

Foto
03-24-2007, 06:13 AM
The Onion Field... I just get a wiff of those onions and....

Actually I love the movie Amelie because it is so perfect and it has so many beautifully filmed moments. In the beginning when Amelie returns the man's box of toys from his childhood and it kicks off her whole premise of being... it's just....

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-24-2007, 06:20 AM
The original Poseidon (The new one is on rightnow on HBO BTW). Though I havent seen it for a long time..I recall that scene where this old heavy set grandmother (who used to be a swimmer in her hayday) didnt make it crossing the other side (sacrificed herself) was pretty sad. :cry:

Ofcourse there's also Titanic.

~Kisses.

HTG

TheGuard
03-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Life as a House

blackmagic
03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
guess i have no emotion, never cried in over 10 years :shock: not even to movies

ezed
03-24-2007, 06:46 AM
"A Time to Kill" I balled like a baby during the closing arguement by Matthew McConaughey.

francisfkudrow
03-24-2007, 06:48 AM
I don't openly bawl at movies, but I've gotten a bit misty eyed at Titanic and the aforementioned scenes of Armageddon.

DJ_Asia
03-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Armageddon..thats so funny...here this whole time I thought I was the only one that found parts of that movie sad...

As a child i used to cry everytime King Kong died...so much so that when I saw the new version while I was in Singapore I walked out as the big guy was rampaging thru the theatre...i just couldnt see it....still havent.

stillies77
03-24-2007, 07:01 AM
My Life with Michael Keaton (saddest movie ever)
Forrest Gump (when he reads the letter at jennys grave)
American History X (The end is so fucking sad)Armaggedon (yes its sad!)
I actually cried when i saw Episode III when the jedi die and padme starts crying
Garden State (Ill tell ya what that Natalie Portman get me every fucking time)
but above all of them...

Moulin Rouge...so sad!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-24-2007, 07:08 AM
:popcorn

Aragon21
03-24-2007, 07:20 AM
The original Poseidon (The new one is on rightnow on HBO BTW). Though I havent seen it for a long time..I recall that scene where this old heavy set grandmother (who used to be a swimmer in her hayday) didnt make it crossing the other side (sacrificed herself) was pretty sad. :cry:

Ofcourse there's also Titanic.

~Kisses.

HTG

Ah yes. :cry: Her husband stays back and Gene Hackman talks to him about staying alive for the grandchildren. I remember him in the original "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory". Now that was an uplifting movie. Whatever you do, do not watch that movie on hallucinogens! :shock: :lol: Had WAY too much fun in college. :D

Aragon21
03-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Forrest Gump (when he reads the letter at jennys grave)
I may be the only one, but the 1st time I saw "Forrest Gump", I seriously disliked Jenny for her treatment of Forrest. I have since come to view her as a tragic character in the film, but 1st time thru...ooh she made me boil inside.

"Forrest Gump" does have alot of points in it that pull at the heart. Of course, Tom Hanks has that kind of appeal in all his work (excluding "Family Ties", "Bosum Buddies", "Turner and Hooch", and various guest appearances in his early career.)

TJT
03-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Ernest Goes to Jail.

Beagle
03-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Iron Giant (yes, a cartoon makes me cry)

A.I.

v3.6
03-24-2007, 08:27 AM
my girl.
w/ the kid from home alone.

MrsKellyPierce
03-24-2007, 08:43 AM
my girl.
w/ the kid from home alone. Awe that is a sad movie, but I got to add to my list...

Steel Magnolias

Here on Earth

Hope Floats

suckseed
03-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Roger that on the Iron Giant. The Snowman gets me too.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles - I'm watching it with a friend, right? We're stoned and yucking it up. Then there's that scene where Steve Martin leaves John Candy on the el platform to go home to his wife. I mist up looking at poor fucking John Candy, sneak a look at my friend, and I'll be damned if he isn't doing the same thing and trying not to show it! We both start cracking up at each other.
Last one: the final scene in Fearless where the plane crashes in slow motion and everyone's saying goodbye to their families and such. With the music, I haven't gotten through it once.

Oh - I mentioned this the other day: last scene, Saint of Ft. Washington. Fuck. :cry:

dskreet2
03-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Armageddon..thats so funny...here this whole time I thought I was the only one that found parts of that movie sad...

As a child i used to cry everytime King Kong died...so much so that when I saw the new version while I was in Singapore I walked out as the big guy was rampaging thru the theatre...i just couldnt see it....still havent.

O.K. O.K. did you cry when Godzilla kicked King Kong's AZZ?!?! Hm?! Hm?! :lol:

emmettray
03-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Cinema Paradiso
My Life as a Dog
Jean De Florette
The Hairdressers Husband
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Little Big Man
Fargo
Captains Courageous
Midnight Cowboy
The Mission
Blade Runner (Rutger Hauer's 'Like tears in rain' speech)
Most Charlie Chaplin films

Funny, I didn't realise I cried so much :shock:

TJT
03-25-2007, 07:27 AM
I saw Cinema Paradiso just the other day,Emmetray The first time I'd seen it in years. The 4 grade exam cheating scene is great. The saved kisses scene at the end is the part that will get you though.

The 1990 remake of Cyrano de Bergerac,w/ Gerard Depardiue is one that will get you too. The final scene at the convent when he and Roxanne confess their love for each other as he's dying is a gutwrencher. (It's a good third-fourth date rental when you're ready to make your move too :wink:)

The 'Grapes of Wrath" will get me sometimes,but it normally makes me want to hunt down and hang the rich from telephone poles.

All the versions of Goodbye Mr. Chips can get you. As can Brideshead Revisited but that's more of a television series? it's a great book,I'm big fan of Evelyn Waugh.

I know I've seen Jean de Florette,Emmet but I can't recall it right now. If it won't hijack the thread,refresh my memory if you feel like it?

I saw The Color Purple today. That's beautiful film and another one that will get you. How the Academy gave that snoozer Out of Africa the best film award that year over it I'll never know?

You mentioned The Mission,Emmet. did you get a chance to see it on the large screen? Lush is the only word I can use to describe it? The score is amazing and the story,while idealized somewhat,is an accurate tale of the expulsion of the Jesuits and their missions from the Spanish Empire.

Sorry to go on,I was a film minor way back when and I'm still obsessed with the medium.

hwbs
03-25-2007, 07:32 AM
im sure people are going to be adding "Reign On Me " to their list soon

stillies77
03-25-2007, 08:23 AM
BIG FISH
movie made me bawl.

tommyj6168
03-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I know it's pretty obvious -- but the ending to "It's a Wonderful Life" always makes me well up. I

agree that the "Grapes of Wrath" was sad -- the novel was even more sad. They should remake that movie now that standards have changed and the ending, as bleak as it was, can be retained.

TJT
03-25-2007, 10:03 AM
That's the truth.

Iggy
03-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Of course cartoons can make you cry......take Bambie and Dumbo, real tear jerkers in places.

flabbybody
03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
BRIAN'S SONG
James Caan and Billy De Williams as Gale Sayers

EdelweissFan
03-25-2007, 07:33 PM
This is probably going to sound strange, but "Pieces of April."

I'm a sucker for movies and a lot make me tear up, but this really gets to me.

It's the kind of movie you have to see several times to understand this one moment. The first time I saw it, it went right over my head.

As you may know, the movie is about an East Village type punk girl cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time for her very disapproving family which is driving in from the burbs. It turns out that the mother is dying of cancer and this may be their last Thanksgiving dinner together.

Two parallel movies -- April's clueless travails trying to cook and the family driving toward the city -- happen interspersed.

But instead of a reconciliation type movie, it is clear that the mother can barely stand the daughter she is visiting. A running theme is that April is a bad, bad girl who caused nothing but hardship to her mother.

The totally square family gets all the way to April's place and decides not to go upstairs, but instead drives back to the burbs and has dinner in a diner. Mom goes into the bathroom.

Now up to this point it is kind of a light drama/comedy, but suddenly it turns on a dime and becomes profound.

Now here's the scene that is so subtle, it's fucking amazing. Didn't even get it the first time. Mom, in the bathroom, hears an argument in a stall behind her. A woman bursts out yelling something and the camera sees a little girl left behind with her drawers down.

Mom looks in the mirror for a long time. About ten different emotions pass through her face, from shock to recognition, to deep sadness, to desperation. Then she hitches a ride with a biker to April's apartment and there really is reconciliation.

The writer and director are so fucking brave it's a miracle. See, that moment in the bathroom Mom has realized that April wasn't a bad girl; it was that Mom was mean to her as a child. It says everything about our adult relationships with children, who we mess them up and blame them.

But the way it was written, Mom doesn't say, "OMG, now I understand our relationship blah blah." There are no visual flashbacks. An entire 20 year relationship is told through the silent emotions that pass across the actress's face.

It's one of the fucking most amazing moments in movie history and it makes me ball like a baby everytime.

phxguy
03-25-2007, 07:35 PM
There is only one movie that actually made me cry. "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence". It was the scene when the parents decided to abandon their robot son.

emmettray
03-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey TJT

I agree you would have to be a stone not to be affected by the 'All the kisses you never saw' sequence in Cinema Paradiso. Incredibly evocative.
In a similar vein, if you haven't seen it already, I would highly recommend 'My Life as a Dog'.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089606/ (alert: steer clear of the english dubbed version) It's hilarious and heartrendering in equal measures. Just like real life eh?
'Jean de Florette' is the heartbreaking story of the gentle, hard working, city hunchback (Gerard Depardieu) who inherits a rural farm and the wickedly covetous locals who conspire to cheat him out of it. The follow-up 'Manon de Sources' is the story of how the Hunchback's beautiful daughter turns the tables and wreaks her long-term revenge on her Fathers tormentors. What goes around, comes around - if only.
Agree with you on both 'Grapes of Wrath' and 'Goodbye, Mr Chips'.
I did see 'The Mission' on the cinema when it was first released and have seen it several times since on video/dvd. Would love to see it again on a 'state of the art' big screen and sound system. I think it is a majestic piece of cinema with one of the most moving scores ever written. Betrayal at its most gut-wrenching. Deeply moving and requiring of a very large hanky.

stillies77
03-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Vanilla Sky got me too...at the end when he is on the elevator and Tech Support is showing him his life.

latrix67
03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
A film I saw when I was a child.
"When the North Wind Blows"

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=505598

TJT
03-26-2007, 05:05 AM
I thought I'd seen Jean de Florette,the neighbors were an evil bunch. I haven't seen the sequel.

I saw My Life As a Dog years ago but it was the dubbed version you're talking about. It didn't translate well.

suckseed
03-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Whenever Bigass Shemale Roadtrip #19 ends I definitely need a box of tissues.

Willie Escalade
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Saving Private Ryan

The scene in the cemetary showing all of the deceased soldiers really caused a lump in my throat. The same can be said when Tom Hanks' character was killed. :cry:

tsfarrah
03-26-2007, 12:05 PM
i would say

"The Colour Purple" makes me cry my eyes out everytime, nearly all the way though the film

but buy the time she meets her 2 children at the end i'm on the floor! lol

wombat33
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I know this is probably gonna get some laughs. Heaven knows my friends have all laughed at me when I told them this.

For me it is "Babe" and always at the same part in the movie. Okay as you know Babe is a pig that thinks he is a sheep dog. Well at the end of the movie after running to the farm and back to retrieve the secret message, he gains the trust of the competition sheep. After farmer Arthur Hoggett (Hoggett, get it?) quietly walks Babe through the routine and swings the gate closed, there is that brief moment of silence.

The crowd erupts cheering, the tears start flowing for me, and the farmer turns to Babe and and says, "That'll do, that'll do."

That'll do indeed! That'll do it to me everytime. :oops:

So save the guffaws and share your own little secret movie and scene. :D

The final scene in Feild of Dreams.........

"Hey dad, you want to have a catch?"

Aragon21
03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Whenever Bigass Shemale Roadtrip #19 ends I definitely need a box of tissues.
You are such a tool! :lol: Still gonna pet your cute puppy tho.

To the serious postees..."Saving Private Ryan" has a lock on the tear ducts from the moment the old man walks into the cemetary...odd how it makes you care about every character.

"Field of Dreams" for me had the tear jerk in the fact that noone believed him (I honestly don't get baseball, :roll: but I like that movie and "A League of Their Own", and shhh..."Major League")

MonsieurValentine
03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Rudy.

joeboz
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
BRIAN'S SONG
James Caan and Billy De Williams as Gale Sayers
That is the saddest movie ever! I cry every time I see it. Gale Sayers' speech at the end is one of the best ever.

Rudy makes me cry every time, at several points, especially when he runs on to the field & you see his Dad go nuts.

signupjustforthis
03-26-2007, 07:04 PM
StepMom

InHouston
03-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Charlotte’s Web (1973) – when the compassionate and maternal spider Charlotte dies at the fairgrounds. Weakened and dying, in her final breath while sliding off an overhead rafter she can barely cling to, her last and faint words in a gentle and beautifully haunting song are "How very special are we for but a moment to be … part of life's eternal rhyme". Fluttering in a gentle wind, vestigial strands of the last web of her life are tugged from the rafter and float away -- the ghost of Charlotte.

Again, I’m talking about the original animated version from 1973, and not the bastardized high-tech version made in 2006 with Julia Roberts that doesn’t even approach the animated original. Too many movies these days introduce and inject cheap and diluted humor, shock, and morbid horror into the minds of young people for ratings and money, denying them even the merest semblance of a powerfully emoted experience from a story. When I was eight years old and first saw Charlotte’s Web on our little RCA television in 1973, I didn’t have a clue what I was in for. No high definition image, no surround sound (not even stereo), and all rendered with hand-drawn animation. The movie stirred such a powerful and sublime blend of existential beauty and sadness in me, I laid in the floor in a fetal position whimpering and sobbing for an hour afterwards. My mother picked me up, wiped my tears and said “It’s just a cartoon. It’s not real so don’t cry.” Although I couldn’t articulate it to her at the time, I instinctively felt “She doesn’t get it” and said nothing in response. The emotions I felt were very real and ironically very healthy for a child, because it taught me very much about the natural world around me. Joseph Campbell once said, “What we are looking for is not the meaning of life, but the experience of feeling alive.” With all my senses and emotions reeled, that’s exactly how I felt afterwards; alive with profound feelings. I was overwhelmed with them, yet they were natural, wholesome, and not disturbing at all. I was more moved to tears by the sheer beauty of the overall story, Charlotte’s character and her altruistic and compassionate relationship with Wilbur, and the monumental loss that was her death, more so than crying out of sadness.

This children’s movie from the beginning deals with the very adult themes of life, death, love, loss, beauty, happiness, sadness, and suffering that most parents prefer to postpone discussing with their children until they’re older. The 1973 version of Charlotte’s Web weaves them all together in a beautiful splendor of natural imagery, music, and characters better than mere words could ever explain to an eight year old like me at the time. It teaches, in the words of Charlotte, “We are born, we live for a time, and then we die” – the gentle pulse of Nature. And the movie addresses these basic tenets of life in a beautiful pageantry with no religion or myth. Ironically it made perfect sense to me as a child (with all its impossible animal characters) more so than any Sunday school class or church sermon did (with all its impossible human characters; God, Jesus, Satan, etc.) that never made any sense to me at all. The real miracles are all around us in life … and life is precious.

Charlotte’s Web is a rare gem.

I tried to find the scene on the web where she dies, but couldn't find it. Here's a scene from the movie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yKvuj9lAfCc

This isn't the original music from the animated movie, but a nice tribute someone did to the animated verion with Sarah McLachlan's song Ordinary Miracle from the current movie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IyjFnDsNOHc

AllanahStarrNYC
03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Charlotte’s Web (1973) – when the compassionate and maternal spider Charlotte dies at the fairgrounds. Weakened and dying, in her final breath while sliding off an overhead rafter she can barely cling to, her last and faint words in a gentle and beautifully haunting song are "How very special are we for but a moment to be … part of life's eternal rhyme". Fluttering in a gentle wind, vestigial strands of the last web of her life are tugged from the rafter and float away -- the ghost of Charlotte.

Again, I’m talking about the original animated version from 1973, and not the bastardized high-tech version made in 2006 with Julia Roberts that doesn’t even approach the animated original. Too many movies these days introduce and inject cheap and diluted humor, shock, and morbid horror into the minds of young people for ratings and money, denying them even the merest semblance of a powerfully emoted experience from a story. When I was eight years old and first saw Charlotte’s Web on our little RCA television in 1973, I didn’t have a clue what I was in for. No high definition image, no surround sound (not even stereo), and all rendered with hand-drawn animation. The movie stirred such a powerful and sublime blend of existential beauty and sadness in me, I laid in the floor in a fetal position whimpering and sobbing for an hour afterwards. My mother picked me up, wiped my tears and said “It’s just a cartoon. It’s not real so don’t cry.” Although I couldn’t articulate it to her at the time, I instinctively felt “She doesn’t get it” and said nothing in response. The emotions I felt were very real and ironically very healthy for a child, because it taught me very much about the natural world around me. Joseph Campbell once said, “What we are looking for is not the meaning of life, but the experience of feeling alive.” With all my senses and emotions reeled, that’s exactly how I felt afterwards; alive with profound feelings. I was overwhelmed with them, yet they were natural, wholesome, and not disturbing at all. I was more moved to tears by the sheer beauty of the overall story, Charlotte’s character and her altruistic and compassionate relationship with Wilbur, and the monumental loss that was her death, more so than crying out of sadness.

This children’s movie from the beginning deals with the very adult themes of life, death, love, loss, beauty, happiness, sadness, and suffering that most parents prefer to postpone discussing with their children until they’re older. The 1973 version of Charlotte’s Web weaves them all together in a beautiful splendor of natural imagery, music, and characters better than mere words could ever explain to an eight year old like me at the time. It teaches, in the words of Charlotte, “We are born, we live for a time, and then we die” – the gentle pulse of Nature. And the movie addresses these basic tenets of life in a beautiful pageantry with no religion, myth, or the supernatural. Ironically it made perfect sense to me as a child (with all its impossible animal characters) more so than any Sunday school class or church sermon did (with all its impossible human characters; God, Jesus, Satan, etc.) that never made any sense to me at all. The real miracles are all around us in life … and life is precious.

Charlotte’s Web is a rare gem.

Oh my God- I totally forgot about Charlotte's Web- get's me everytime too. Debbie Reynolds is the voice of Charlotte.

eggbert
03-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Old Yeller
Sophies Choice
Terms of Endearment

DJ_Asia
03-27-2007, 03:50 AM

O.K. O.K. did you cry when Godzilla kicked King Kong's AZZ?!?! Hm?! Hm?! :lol:

No I didnt and if youre gonna talk smack at least watch the movie and get the facts straight...King Kong beat godzilla in that dumb ass movie.

Mista Bone
03-27-2007, 03:56 AM
My Girl
Ghost
Man In The Moon....I love Andy Kaufman

emmettray
03-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Hey DJ,
I think someone got their King Kong mittens on the wrong hands. Hai ya! Mai pen rai.

demmie
03-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Probably Forrest Gump.

Your_Best_Kept_Secret
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
The NoteBook
The Color Purple
Dangerous Beauty....without fail....

Azanti
03-28-2007, 03:42 AM
The line in 'The Fellowship Of The Ring' where Frodo says to Gandalf:

'I wish the ring had never come to me, I wish none of this had happened' Gandalf replies 'So do all who come to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. What's important is what you do with the time that is given too you...'

That strikes a very particular chord with me.

Others:

ET, The ending of The Wild Geese.

The moment when Ethan Hawke runs to the lake screaming in the film Dead Poets Society..

Mista Bone
03-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Ahhhhh...I forgot E.T....That one gets me too.....I rememeber seein it in the theatres and crying...lol

HeHateMe
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Bang the Drum Slowly.......

werwt22
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Only ones to bring a tear to my eye were Armageddon (back when is wasnt fashionable for the hero to die but he did in this movie) and What Dreams May come (leaving heaven and going into hell for his lover).

Tokai
05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Watership Down

LibertyHarkness
05-13-2010, 06:54 PM
alien when the alien gets blown out of the airlock, poor bastard

tishaTS
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
The Way We Were.

Breaking the Waves gets me every time, too, but in a different way

hippifried
05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I cried over Armageddon too, but only because I couldn't get my money back.

pman618
05-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Heat.

How on earth could Al Pacino ever kill Robert DeNiro? I am tearing up as I type this...

Caramel
05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Soldier's Girl by Calpernia Adams and I can't watch Sugar Hill again, ever. Too close to home. Don't even mention Beaches or We Are Marshall for totally different reasons I haven't even identified yet. They just break me down to pieces.

bulldog
05-14-2010, 08:00 AM
We Were Soldiers

Just thinking about how badly those boys were treated when they got home gets me a bit teary eyed, I hate crying myself, my dad told me to never cry, as men don't cry, but I can't help it during the end of that movie

Chiba5
05-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I cried when I watched the old Japanese film called Hachiko Monogatari, when the dog Hachiko reunites with his master in the afterlife after ten years of waiting for his master to come back

JerseyMike
05-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Up and Finding Nemo, not the whole movie just the first minutes for both.

baileyandkc
05-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Old Yeller

and when Two Socks dies after being shot by the US Cavalry in Costner's movie

Wow, I'm surprised no one said their families " home movies "

AngelinaTorres
05-14-2010, 10:24 PM
King Kong lol

boondocksaint
05-14-2010, 10:44 PM
near the end of The Fall when all the main characters are dying

boondocksaint
05-14-2010, 10:46 PM
O and not a movie but, the episode of Futurama with Fry's dog, at the end with that song playing and the dog just waiting for him, so sad.

eggbert
05-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Sophies Choice

Saving Private Ryan (at the end with Matt Damon asking if he lived a good life)

BluegrassCat
05-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Up and Finding Nemo, not the whole movie just the first minutes for both.

The beginning 15 minutes of UP is the saddest fucking thing ever made. It is impossible to get through it without tearing up.

Another consistent tear-jerker the final song/performance in Moulin Rouge when McGregor gets to the edge of theater before being called back by Nicole Kidman.

Fellowship of the Rings when Frodo is trying to go to Mordor alone and Sam says, "Of course you are Mr. Frodo, and I'm coming with you," and nearly drowns trying to follow him.
Return of the King on the slopes of Mt. Doom when Sam tells Frodo, "I may not be able to carry the ring for you, but I can carry you."

The Family Stone the final scene when they're decorating the tree as a family but without Diane Keaton.

NatashaLover
05-15-2010, 07:15 AM
The Notebook also, and Fifty-First Dates!

Tepres
05-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Family movies make me misty.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nXyzndXZL._SS500_.jpg

fred41
05-15-2010, 06:07 PM
The list of movies that make me cry would be too long to print (especially if I'm smoking a little weed)..lol...but the last movie I saw that left me red eyed was "Precious"....saw it on pay-per-view.

pantybulge69
05-16-2010, 08:49 AM
this is easy:

1. Color Purple

2. Rosewood

3. Passion of the Christ

4. Philadelphia

5. It's a wonderful life

6. Imitation of Life

7. Amos

8. Green Mile

9. Boyz in the Hood

10. Power of One

Ts CinthyaNY
05-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Color Purple it's the movie I seen one too many times... Still making me cry every time I watch it .

meloveyoulongtime
05-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm really happy that someone mentioned "Brian's Song". If that (admittedly Made For TV) movie doesn't have you "giving it up", you're inhuman. :D

I'm Cursed, I'm Irish
05-16-2010, 12:35 PM
"Cody Banks 2: Destination London"

Solitary Brother
05-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Green Mile

The part where they put dude in the chair and one of the guards is crying.....
I cry like a fucking bitch EVERY FUCKING TIME!
I know its just a movie but god dammit I cant help it.

Parts of the Color Purple too....but Green Mile......man what a movie.....

I feel like crying right now just thinking about it.

Silcc69
05-16-2010, 06:19 PM
http://chud.com/articles/content_images/17/BadForusWorseForThem13.jpg

It took me a long time to find that scene sicne those crappy CGI movies always appear first.

nohj68
05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
The end to "Shawshank Redemption" gets me everytime. And as a hockey player, "Miracle" gets to me. "Do you believe in miracles? YES!" Chokes me up everytime. Might be silly but hey, it's my answer, right?

juliana_dominguez
05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Shawshank Redemption

braveheart0219
05-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Hatchiko. Look at the preview on you tube-that alone will make you bawl like a baby. Especially if you are a dog lover.

braveheart0219
05-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Heat.

How on earth could Al Pacino ever kill Robert DeNiro? I am tearing up as I type this...

One of the best movies ever, Saddest scene was Val Kilmer driving away from his wife, charlene.