PDA

View Full Version : Iran "siezes" 15 British Marines

Somedude21
03-23-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/03/23/iran.uk/index.html

LONDON, England (CNN) -- An Iranian naval patrol seized 15 British sailors who had boarded a vessel suspected of smuggling cars off the coast of Iraq, military officials said.

The British government immediately demanded the safe return of its troops and summoned Tehran's London ambassador to explain the incident.

The Royal Marines and ordinary naval officers were believed to have been apprehended by up to six ships from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy who claimed they had violated Iranian waters.

British naval officials said the sailors, using small boarding craft, had completed an inspection of a merchant vessel in Iraqi waters when the Iranians arrived.

Commodore Nick Lambert, commander of the HMS Cornwall -- the frigate from which the British patrol had been deployed -- said the incident did not involve fighting or use of weapons.

"We've been assured from the scant communications that we've had from the Iranians at the tactical level that the 15 people are safely in their hands," he said.

The British defense ministry said that it was pursuing the incident "at the highest level."

There was no immediate comment from Iranian officials.

Goddamn. I really don't like the looks of this. I hope that these guys are returned home safely, but I've got this nagging doubt in the back of my mind that that isn't going to happen.

03-23-2007, 08:04 PM
They wouldn't dare to that to American troops because they know they'd get their asses kicked. Still, I can hear the faggoty british libtards screaming "We deserved it!"

insert_namehere
03-23-2007, 11:59 PM
They wouldn't dare to that to American troops because they know they'd get their asses kicked. Still, I can hear the faggoty british libtards screaming "We deserved it!"

Nice commisseration, pal.

What the hell is WRONG with you?

specialk
03-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Nice commisseration, pal.

What the hell is WRONG with you?

maybe this will clear it up for you insert:

Jimmy543
03-24-2007, 02:42 AM
TFAN... are u serious?? Perhaps it's for attention...

guyone
03-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah my brother. The Brits are the only ones we can count on.

pampal
03-24-2007, 01:37 PM
In the 1980's under Reagan
Iran kidnapped a number of Americans including the head of the CIA in Lebannon who was killed.

No one kicked their ass then, and nobody will now.
The US cannot defeat poorly armed insurgents in Iraq, they cannot defeat Iran.

LG
03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah my brother. The Brits are the only ones we can count on.

At the moment, that is correct. The British government has been very loyal to Bush, so a little sympathy and understanding is in order. Saying that this would never happen to Americans is just pompous, arrogant crap (and, in any case, it has happenned to Americans in the past). Life is not a Chuck Norris movie.

Personally, I think that sometimes the best friends are the ones who aren't afraid to give you advice that might upset you. That is why Americans shouldn't have become mad at France. France has, traditionally, been America's best ally. Their position on the war was not taken in order to upset or undermine America. The whole tirade about "freedom fries" and the suchlike (French fries are Belgian, by the way) was just stupid.

Interestingly, guyone, I detect a slight differentiation in positions between you and the other rightwingers. I'm glad you're not just going around with the pack and are thinking for yourself here. We should all remain open-minded to make up our minds on our own after we hear the evidence. Narrow-mindedness and jingoism never do anyone any good.

insert_namehere
03-24-2007, 10:28 PM
The whole tirade about "freedom fries" and the suchlike (French fries are Belgian, by the way) was just stupid.

Just so you know, when the British part of the Iraq coalition pulls out, us 'Mer'cans are already planning to start calling English muffins "jingo toast".

North_of_60
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
The botched US raid that led to the hostage crisis

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2414760.ece

The Independent... , got to love it.

guyone
04-04-2007, 08:02 PM
More islamocommie propaganda.

svenson
04-05-2007, 10:21 PM
what did britain give up. britain was week iranians will do this again.

North_of_60
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Britain didn't give up anything. They did not apologies, Iran has polished its image on the international scene, the marines are back home, Ahmadinejad is smilling, everybody is happy. It's a beautiful world alright as would say the TFan. Where is he anyway ? I miss him. He was... some kind of merry.