PDA

View Full Version : AlGore Testimony-Senate EPW

White_Male_Canada
03-21-2007, 07:39 PM
The Goracle speaks :

Al said that Europe is on target to meet its emissions reduction requirements under Kyoto.

Reality:

In 2004, the combined EU-15 [2] emissions were only 0.9% below 1990 levels, meaning that the EU-15 is shamefully off-course to meet its international Kyoto Protocol obligations to cut greenhouse pollution by 8% by 2012..foeeurope.org/press/2006/joint_28_June_emissions

The EU itself disagrees :

"Even with planned additional domestic policies and measures, the target will not be reached." eea.europa.eu/eea_report

Al Gore claimed the US can alter its economy as he described at no cost,
"We ought to aim for defacto compliance with Kyoto.”

Reality:

Stern Report understimated cost, 1% of global GDP. Realistic numbers place it at about 2 to 5 % of global GDP.

Sen. James Inhofe asked Al Gore to commit to using no more energy than the average home without using "gimmicks" like carbon offsets.

Gore evaded, did not seem willing to respond in the affirmative.

Czech President Vaclav Klaus wrote to the House Energy and Commerce committee further expounding his views on global warming:

"It becomes evident that while discussing climate we are not witnessing a clash of views about the environment but a clash of views about human freedom."

"As someone who lived under communism for most of my life I feel obliged to say that the biggest threat to freedom, democracy, the market economy and prosperity at the beginning of the 21st century is not communism or its various softer variants. Communism was replaced by the threat of ambitious environmentalism."

"The - so called - climate change and especially man-made climate change has become one of the most dangerous arguments aimed at distorting human efforts and public policies in the whole world," (nro)

trish
03-21-2007, 09:46 PM
8)

guyone
03-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Al Gore invented CO2.

White_Male_Canada
03-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Al Gore invented CO2.

Of course, right after the internet.

White_Male_Canada
03-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Al Gore invented CO2.

The Gospel according to algore:

1.And seeing the multitudes, Al Gore went up on a mountain, and when he was seated his moonbats came to him.
2.Then he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3.Blessed are the poor in Lear jets, For theirs is the kingdom of taking commercial flights.

4. Blessed are those who mourn for mother earth, For they shall be comforted by Giai.

5. Blessed are the meek minded For they shall inherit a copy of "The Inconvenient Truth”

6.Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for environmental righteousness, For they shall be filled with ignorant bliss.

7. Blessed are the merciful, For they shall purchase many carbon credits
from my company.

8.Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see Liberals.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of Al Gore

10Blessed are those who are persecuted for environmental righteousness, For theirs is the kingdom of moon bat heaven.

11“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely so I can fly my G4

12Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in moonbat heaven, for so they persecuted the environmental prophets who were before you.

corbomite
03-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Al Gore invented CO2.

Al Gore is God he`s gonna stop climate change :-)

chefmike
03-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Al Gore invented CO2.

That's a relief...maybe he'll also stop the methane gas coming from your mouth, vegamite. :P

corbomite
03-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Al Gore invented CO2.

That's a relief...maybe he'll also stop the methane gas coming from your mouth, vegamite. :P

Al gore for Prez ! Be fun to see him actually have to debate his chicken little theory on how man will destroy the planet in 10 years :-) thats what he said right? in 10 years its too late? you agree chef, the world begins to end in 10 years?

trish
03-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Al gore ... Be fun to see him actually have to debate his chicken little theory...

He made mince meat of Inhofe today. Of course Inhofe always looks like a fool, except when he's standing next to bush.

guyone
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
It's all a matter of perception.

corbomite
03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Al gore ... Be fun to see him actually have to debate his chicken little theory...

He made mince meat of Inhofe today. Of course Inhofe always looks like a fool, except when he's standing next to bush.

No he didnt. this from reuters:

"Sen. James Inhofe, an Oklahoma Republican and Washington's most vocal skeptic about the human causes of global warming, pressed Gore to commit to cutting his personal home energy consumption to no more than what the average American household consumes -- without paying for carbon offsets, which Inhofe dismissed as "gimmicks used by the wealthy."

Gore demurred, but later said, "We live a carbon-neutral life, senator, and both of my businesses are carbon-neutral. We buy green energy, we do not contribute to the problem that I am joining with others to solve." "

We know Al Gore buys those credits from himself. So the rich can continue to live their lifestyles by buying their sins. let al gore go live in a shack like those real tree hugers.

Lets see Al Gore debate a scientist.

LG
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM

No he didnt. this from reuters:

"Sen. James Inhofe, an Oklahoma Republican and Washington's most vocal skeptic about the human causes of global warming, pressed Gore to commit to cutting his personal home energy consumption to no more than what the average American household consumes -- without paying for carbon offsets, which Inhofe dismissed as "gimmicks used by the wealthy."

Gore demurred, but later said, "We live a carbon-neutral life, senator, and both of my businesses are carbon-neutral. We buy green energy, we do not contribute to the problem that I am joining with others to solve." "

We know Al Gore buys those credits from himself. So the rich can continue to live their lifestyles by buying their sins. let al gore go live in a shack like those real tree hugers.

Lets see Al Gore debate a scientist.

Actually, I'd like to see Inhofe debate a scientist. It is clear that he has no clear position on global warming. And he has actually said that "all of the recent science confirms this thing is a hoax", when, in fact, all of the recent science shows the opposite- that global warming is very real and almost certainly caused by human activity.

Inhofe simply doesn't even understand the science behind the debate.

But, reading more about Inhofe, he seems like a real ass. He voted against an act banning torture of detainees in US custody, he has opposed gay rights, suggesting that gay rights will lead to "unrestricted sexual conduct between adults and children..incest...and, you know, if it feels good, do it" (which makes you wonder about his own sexual urges as well).

Inhofe has also labelled the Red Cross a "bleeding heart" and has, before championing the cause of global warming skeptics also claimed that ozone depletion was a hoax.

The guy is clearly a buffoon with only a very basic grasp of science and very little emotional intelligence or empathy. Being attacked by the ineffectual and incompetent Inhofe and his threadbare theories must be in the words of one British politician- like being savaged by a dead sheep.

guyone
03-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Green energy? Isn't that the light beam that shoots out of the Green Lanterns magic ring? Al Gore actually pays for that?

trish
03-22-2007, 07:04 PM
No, green energy radiates from the mold growing inside the otherwise empty skulls of those who suffer paranoid bolshe-phobia.

chefmike
03-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Boxer Tells Inhofe "An Inconvenient Truth" 8)

During today's hearings on global warming, global warming denier James Inhofe was asking Al Gore questions, but didn't want to hear the answers because he thought the responses would take "too much time". Barbara Boxer then explained to Inhofe how things work in Senate now.

Boxer: "You're not making the rules. You used to when you did this, you don't do this anymore. Elections have consequences" :P

Watch it-

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/21/boxer-tells-inhofe-an-inconvenient-truth/

eggbert
03-22-2007, 10:26 PM
What all you moronic right wing religious whacko fascists don't understand, is that it's not about Al Gore, or political parties. If what every reputable scientist agrees with is true, this world is in trouble. You nut jobs have to stop making it a political football & wake up and help out. If you think you're being fed true information from all those corporate funded mouthpieces like Limbaugh & the like, you're sadly mistaken. Wake up!

Quinn
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
What all you moronic right wing religious whacko fascists don't understand, is that it's not about Al Gore, or political parties. If what every reputable scientist agrees with is true, this world is in trouble. You nut jobs have to stop making it a political football & wake up and help out. If you think you're being fed true information from all those corporate funded mouthpieces like Limbaugh & the like, you're sadly mistaken. Wake up!

The funny thing is it's the far Right in North America that doesn't seem to get what so many in the developed world so clearly understand. In Europe, even some Right leaning goverments are backing the necessary measures to combat global warning (Sweden, etc.).

-Quinn

eggbert
03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
[quote

The funny thing is it's the far Right in North America that doesn't seem to get what so many in the developed world so clearly understand. In Europe, even some Right leaning goverments are backing the necessary measures to combat global warning (Sweden, etc.).

-Quinn[/quote]

The reason for this is somewhat sinister. Because of Reagan successfully repealing the "Fairness Law", our media is now controlled by only a handful of people/corporations. These corporations are not interested in us knowing the truth, they are only interested in profits. And unfortunately, they are only interested in "short term" profits. That being the case, it behooves them to pollute to their hearts contents, and brainwash the public into believing that Global Warming is something dreamed up by the tree huggers.

qeuqheeg222
03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
reagan fucked us more than he did nancy.....i told my congressman one day when he came by job that i wanted him to pass one law for me-one that stated everything consumed,smoked,viewed,read,drunk,taken with doctors orders and to list the parent CORPORATION and ultimate owner of said consumed product.maybe years down the line,dumb ass americans would wake up and see how much they are monopolized...

qeuqheeg222
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
imhofe looked like he was fishin for some soundbytes for the right wing with his yes/no questions he had prepared by the oil and gas lobby who buy his socks.....what a bunch of bought and sold shits....

03-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Al Gore invented CO2.

You're not a veteran so you should shut up.

Let us know when you sack up for the war against our troops which you preach for.

chefmike
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Pipe down, chorus boy! Go bag some groceries.

03-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Pipe down, chorus boy! Go bag some groceries.

You're not a veteran so you should shut up.

Let us know when you sack up for the war against our troops which you preach for.

trish
03-23-2007, 09:25 PM
TFan you're such a wonderful brave culture warrior. You're my hero. NOW DO YOUR FAMILY A FAVOR, GO ENLIST AND PUT YOUR COWARDLY ASS WHERE YOU MOUTH IS

03-23-2007, 09:29 PM
TFan you're such a wonderful brave culture warrior. You're my hero. NOW DO YOUR FAMILY A FAVOR, GO ENLIST AND PUT YOUR COWARDLY ASS WHERE YOU MOUTH IS

Right after you throw up your surrender-monkey white flag on your front lawn.

chefmike
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Pipe down, chorus boy!

Go bag some groceries, Francis.

specialk
03-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Pipe down, chorus boy!

Go bag some groceries, Francis.

:roll: :roll: