PDA

View Full Version : Me and my TS GF.

thehumanbehan
11-28-2004, 08:45 PM
I've been dating a beautiful TS girl now for 4 months and I'd like to ask the advice of other users of this great site.
So far she's met my friends and family but they only know her as a girl.
I really believe that we are in love and I want to spend my life with her. I just don't know whether and when I should 'reveal' the truth about her gender to them.
Me and my GF have spoken about it and she's worried about how they'd react but I've told her that I don't think that it would be a problem and that hopefully they would just be pleased to see me happy. Besides I've told her that I'd choose her over anybody and anything.
Does anyone else have any stories/advice on the subject?
I don't know if I should have told them straight away before they met her.
I'd like to make it clear that I'm not ashamed that she's TS, far from it. I'm proud of her and the fact she's my partner. I just don't want someone from my family or one of my friends to discover it some time in the future. I'd rather they heard it from me.

flabbybody
11-29-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm putting myself in your shoes and this is what I think:

You and your girl have to be in total agreement about revealing her secret. If you're both comfortable, then do it. Your family must have noticed that you have something special with her and will accept you both. The way people react to this kind of thing is an insight into their character. Do they truly care about you, or are they obsessed with what people think? If nothing else, you'll find out what kind of family you have. best of luck.

ONEWORLD
11-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Me and my GF have spoken about it and ...I've told her that I'd choose her over anybody and anything.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not ashamed that she's TS...I'm proud of her and the fact she's my partner.

I just don't want someone from my family or one of my friends to discover it some time in the future. I'd rather they heard it from me.

WOW, SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE ALREADY MADE UP YOUR MIND...I MEAN, CONVENTIONAL WISDOM SAYS THAT IF YOU LOVE HER, YOU'RE NOT ASHAMED, AND YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH THE STIGMA THAT COMES ALONG WITH THE RELATIONSHIP, THAN GO FOR IT...BUT FOR ME IT SEEMS DIFFICULT TO GIVE ANY ADVICE WITHOUT KNOWING MORE ABOUT THE GIRL (AGE, WHAT SHE DOES FOR A LIVING, ETC...). PERSONALLY, I WOULDN'T INTRODUCE ANYONE (GG OR TG) TO MY FAMILY AFTER ONLY 4 MONTHS...BUT THAT'S JUST ME...GOOD LUCK IN WHAT EVER YOU DECIDE.

LBCDO
11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
you sound like a good person. Hell, i would guauge it, and once are both in agreement, then go ahead. It could ruin how your family see you or how they see her, so thats why you both have to be in agreement. But i wouldnt think about rushing it.

longman
11-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I've never been in that situation so I'm no expert but there are a few things to think about. Not to offend anyone who has already responded but I think its more on you than if your girl is ok with it. She's probably not new to the problems from her lifestyle. Its YOUR family & YOUR friends. Not to say that she has nothing to do with it because she has to handle the effect it has on you, but the burden is heavier with you is what I mean. Best case scenario everyone is fine with it, but does that happen anywhere except on Will & Grace? truth is you will probably lose some friends do to the news. If you are talking about only telling one fam member & one friend than I say go for it, but choose wisely. If you're thinking of a press conference than I'd say beware. I've seen cases in where family meaning someone's mother & father will not speak to them due to being gay, let alone having a TG GF is beyond being gay to traditional folks because they may not know how to categorize you or her. I would say test the waters. Be prepared for either outcome good or bad. I do strongly agree that there are many factors like ethnicity & age & othere things that should be considered also. Being in Love is powerful & has made millions of folks do crazy shit that seemed fine just days before. Not to say that that's the case with your decision now, just think it over. It seems a little wrong to say to someone you've only know for 4 months, I could care less about the folks that gave me life & raised for me for 20+ years, (or however old you are).

No offense was meant to you or your situation, its just my opinion.
Good Luck with your decision.