PDA

View Full Version : 'Should the world end' - hopefully hypothetical

suckseed
03-20-2007, 09:19 AM
For the sake of argument: assume that civilization has ten years. What's the most practical thing to do? What would you do?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-20-2007, 09:31 AM
it won't, fuckin scientist predict the end of the world realizing the world has existed through tons of changes

but let's say it did......................in 10 years

#1: Buy a big fucking boat, something with a few bedrooms, etc.
[when the shit hits the fan you don't want to be on land, riots everywhere]
#2: If you're a guy, at least 2 women on board with you.
[For the sake of this board I'll say one of them be a Hung Angel, so when you get bored there's variety.]
#3: Solar panels, an LCD or Plasma screen, and a DVD player with both an apple and a windows machine.
[constant energy source and something to view on those hormonal days]
#4: Seeds, water purification filters, and fertilizer.......
[big ass boat, make a garden area, grow some stuff]
last but not least
#5: fishing rods and bait & tackle equipment
[learn to love fishing]
#6: weapons: guns, tasers, knives, etc.
[you never know what you'll run into, and you might get annoyed by that fish that keeps dodging you bait line]

Quinn
03-20-2007, 09:42 AM
My wife's uncle is both very rich and very crazy/paranoid. He has this fortified mansion (I wish I was joking) on hundreds of acres down in a remote part Georgia. I would move there, taking my closer friends with the wife and I. Still, since food might eventually be an issue, I would have to shoot her sister just to make sure there was enough for everyone else.

-Quinn

muffdiver
03-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Oh well, the world isn't all that great anyway. It's very overrated. lol

ILuvGurls
03-20-2007, 02:00 PM
it won't, fuckin scientist predict the end of the world realizing the world has existed through tons of changes

but let's say it did......................in 10 years

#1: Buy a big fucking boat, something with a few bedrooms, etc.
[when the shit hits the fan you don't want to be on land, riots everywhere]
#2: If you're a guy, at least 2 women on board with you.
[For the sake of this board I'll say one of them be a Hung Angel, so when you get bored there's variety.]
#3: Solar panels, an LCD or Plasma screen, and a DVD player with both an apple and a windows machine.
[constant energy source and something to view on those hormonal days]
#4: Seeds, water purification filters, and fertilizer.......
[big ass boat, make a garden area, grow some stuff]
last but not least
#5: fishing rods and bait & tackle equipment
[learn to love fishing]
#6: weapons: guns, tasers, knives, etc.
[you never know what you'll run into, and you might get annoyed by that fish that keeps dodging you bait line]

looks like you have thought this out.......

wombat33
03-20-2007, 02:21 PM
For the sake of argument: assume that civilization has ten years. What's the most practical thing to do? What would you do?

I would golf my ass off. I would have as much sex as posssible with both GG and TG girls. I would spend lots of time with my family. I would make sure I do something really nice for strangers at least once a day.

panama_red
03-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I for one would head to the nearest city and incite some riots. Might as well go out with a bang. Deus le volt!

peggygee
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Try to figure a way off of the planet, failing that pretty
much do what I do everyday, which is to live life to the
fullest.

:shrug

DimitriWolfe
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd go about my business, but would bareback every person I met. :-)

suckseed
03-20-2007, 07:21 PM
One cuppa into the day - I'm going with build a log cabin, befriend a huge fucking bear, and grow a beard.
Post-apocalyptic chicks go crazy for guys like this.

trish
03-20-2007, 07:22 PM
1. Stock up on spiro and delestro.
2. Stock up on KY and condoms.
3. Shampoo and conditioner.
4. Shoes and boots.
5. Undies and bras.
6. Fuel
7. Electrical generator.
8. Hair dryer.
9. Bottled water.
10. Canned goods.
11. Books.
12. Radio.
13. and some well trained, controllable men.

Balcanoid
03-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I try to find peace with muself and get my DNA sample freeze ...

And, Trish, U forgot to add heavy artillery,
you`re gonna need that to defend your treasure...

suckseed
03-20-2007, 08:12 PM
1. Stock up on spiro and delestro.
2. Stock up on KY and condoms.
3. Shampoo and conditioner.
4. Shoes and boots.
5. Undies and bras.
6. Fuel
7. Electrical generator.
8. Hair dryer.
9. Bottled water.
10. Canned goods.
11. Books.
12. Radio.
13. and some well trained, controllable men.

Hey trish - why aren't you officially a hot hung angel? Camera shy?

tsmandy
03-20-2007, 08:24 PM
One cuppa into the day - I'm going with build a log cabin, befriend a huge fucking bear, and grow a beard.

Do we now?

suckseed
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Do we now?

Yep. That's what I've heard. Especially from Portland, which is a good thing, cause one third of all Portland men already have beards.

tsmandy
03-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Most of our lives are so completely alienated from survival, so comfortable, its almost impossible to hypothesize what to do when the "world ends".
Or even what that means exactly.

There could be some climactic event like a massive H5N1 outbreak that mutates lethally and kills 10's of millions of people. In such a case there could be an initial economic devastation (due to people holing up to avoid infection) and a resulting political chaos, especially in countries that are hardest hit.

For citizens of wealthy countries and Third World elites a simple collapse of current political and economic structures would be viewed as "the end of the world". Yet people in the third world have been living in apocalypse situations for the last 500 years (environmental devestation, constant war, death squads, plague, catastrophic natural disasters etc...)

So life isn't likely to cease on Earth, but current political and economic institutions could fail (and for the sake of all living creatures on this planet I hope it happens sooner than later) and it is good to think of survival strategies should the power shut off (due to war, sabotage, resource shortage) places to go, ways to acquire food and water, ways to get out of populated urban areas etc...

Pacman
03-20-2007, 08:50 PM
For citizens of wealthy countries and Third World elites a simple collapse of current political and economic structures would be viewed as "the end of the world". Yet people in the third world have been living in apocalypse situations for the last 500 years (environmental devestation, constant war, death squads, plague, catastrophic natural disasters etc...)

That's a good point Mandy. I never thought of it that way.

BeardedOne
03-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, aside from staying right where I am, where guns outnumber the abandoned cats by about 2 to 1, I'd probably ask my most irritating friend/roommate of all time to move back in. Aside from being an interesting conversationalist (When he isn't being a total dorkface), he owns more guns than the National Guard (Not saying much) and knows how to slaughter and butcher the average grazing animal. He's moderately heartless, so I'd have to keep him away from the cats, but he also tends to sniff out horny women like the mutt in "A Boy And His Dog", so that could be helpful as well. :D

crayons
03-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Move to a bomb shelter with atleast 12 guys and 6 tgirls.
Begin working on repopulating the Earth.

Somedude21
03-20-2007, 10:11 PM

Move to a bomb shelter with atleast 12 guys and 6 tgirls.
Begin working on repopulating the Earth.

Uh...wouldn't there be a problem with that? >_>

Pacman
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry to break this to you, but you're not going to be able to repopulate the world with 12 guys and 6 tgirls. Scientifically impossible.

chefmike
03-20-2007, 11:54 PM
So bye-bye, miss american pie.
Drove my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye
Singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die.
"this’ll be the day that I die."

tsmandy
03-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Today really is the first day of the rest of your life. Btw, that's an undeniable fact that most transsexuals understand and accept at some point anyway. So now what?

What about yesterday?

dreamer
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Doomsday plans are soooo 1990's. A hundred years from now, human beings will look at us like the ignorant barbarians and/or peasants we are anyway. So why worry about all of this "what if" stuff? It's like people who talk about what they'd do if they ever won the lottery. Puh-lease

(I don't really know how to quote people)

I am sorry ---but 100 years from now ----is one hell of a scary ass thought/vision/prediction ---I mean really ---I know there is no way of answering this ---but what do you see for the year 2107? ---think we'll make it that long?

dreamer
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
ok cool --I quoted

chefmike
03-21-2007, 12:13 AM
ok cool --I quoted

just remember...baby steps...baby steps...

BlackAdder
03-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Assuming theres not some sort of LEE class disaster, yeah, i think well make it another 100 years. Cant say what the world will be like but William Gibson has been very accurate so far.

dreamer
03-21-2007, 01:01 AM
wtf is a "LEE class disaster"???

suckseed
03-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Doomsday plans are soooo 1990's. A hundred years from now, human beings will look at us like the ignorant barbarians and/or peasants we are anyway. So why worry about all of this "what if" stuff? It's like people who talk about what they'd do if they ever won the lottery. Puh-lease. :roll:

Today really is the first day of the rest of your life. Btw, that's an undeniable fact that most transsexuals understand and accept at some point anyway. So now what?

Are you gonna tell your friends and family that TS women give you a hard-on? Are you gonna stop asking other people to decide for you whether or not you're "gay"? Somehow I doubt it.

Grumpy, grumpy! It's a hypothetical, and certainly more unique than 50% of the threads at any time. You know, a conversation starter.

And...for the record. Assuming all of us are so into transsexuals that we will ever feel the need to do or say anything about it is just silly. One time really took the mystique out of it for me. No offense, but it's like saying because I occasionally check out Suze Randall's site that I think I'm going to end up with a Barbie in a red leather catsuit, and must come to terms with that. I'm not done with gg's by any means.

hwbs
03-21-2007, 01:14 AM
the earth will eventually be gone after the sun burns out....thing is, thats not supposed to happen for billions of years.. :lol:

dreamer
03-21-2007, 01:17 AM
don't even go there dude ---my GOD that shit is fascinating!!! ----and WHY did "god" create us/this? ---just to include us in the freezing temperatures of nothing called outer space ---?

dreamer
03-21-2007, 01:26 AM
whoah --what I mean is ---this planet --means just about ..........

nothing ---in the grand scheme of things ----------

but yet ----we ARE here --and we ARE now ----and we will never ever be here and now again ------whatever ---semantics --philosophy

crayons
03-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Sorry to break this to you, but you're not going to be able to repopulate the world with 12 guys and 6 tgirls. Scientifically impossible.

Fuck you it's happening.

ausbeachstyle
03-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Transgender zombies lol What a way to end the day

Mugai_hentaisha
03-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Two things if there was hope that "humanity" would survive I would be the survivalist. But if it was one of those..."Bye bye humanity" I would get a chair, buy about 1800 dollars worth of single malt scotch and enjoy the show.

wendy48088
03-21-2007, 09:37 AM
* Deleted *

wendy48088
03-21-2007, 09:50 AM
* Deleted *

Aragon21
03-21-2007, 10:22 AM
You asked about 2 different scenarios so I will give you 2 different answers.
For the sake of argument: assume that civilization has ten years. What's the most practical thing to do? What would you do?I would do as many said and prepare to be a survivor of the fall of civilization.
'Should the world end' - hopefully hypotheticalWhich is the title of your post, well let's just say this is a "family forum" so I don't feel right telling the truth in that scenario. :shock: :wink: :lol:

Balcanoid
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
... What would you do?
Join the Michigan Militia.

They look quite "nasty"! :crazy
Now I`m really concern about future... 8)
..bunch of weekend warriors...
U`re kidding right? Off course you are... :D

BrendaQG
03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Since I am a fucking scientist I would try to look for a way to prevent what ever the hell is going to end the world.

Assuming it's something like say a object the size of Pluto is heading for a collision with us (could happen). No way to prevent it.... I would want to somehow create a record that even total earthly desctruction (or close to it could not erase). Perhaps putting all of the worlds knowledge on a set of DVD's or something like that in a indesructable capsule then rocketing the whole thing to the moon or mars. So that if ET ever explores our solar system they will have some evidence we were here.

suckseed
03-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Just this past month, I've read about
Threatened rivers
Disappearing bees (which make pollination happen, remember)
Super resistant tuberculosis
A big fucking asteroid
Mooninites
Out of control genetically modified crops
Global warming, vanishing coastlines, equatorial misery predicted
England building a new huge airport (jets are a huge contributor to CO2 production)
Religious and national fighting getting worse, not better.

The president is a Bill of Rights trashing moron - but we elected him twice -
it's getting so even an optimist can wonder 'what will I do if shit really goes down?' And what will the 'final straw' be that would make me run for the hills?
As someone said though - one good thing: we won't be bored! Can you imagine becoming a survivalist, complete with girlfriend wearing a little animal skin bikini like in Planet of the Apes? :D

suckseed
03-22-2007, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't want my ass kicked by anyone else but you, sister. (Nice photo, yourself.) And getting laid? What's that? As the country boy saying goes, "I ain't seen pussy in so long, I'd throw rocks at it."

ezed
03-22-2007, 06:13 AM

BUT WE CAN TRY!!!!! Can't we.

ezed
03-22-2007, 06:21 AM

Not meaning to be an ass, you said "civilization has ten years. What is the most practical thing to do?"

Nothing different, Civilization has been dead for a long time.

wendy48088
03-22-2007, 07:01 AM
* Deleted *

TJT
03-22-2007, 07:10 AM
This is why I miss the Commies. Back in those days people worried about things they could do something about?

Giant spacerocks that have infintessimal chance of colliding w/ earth within our lifetimes or handwringing over what MIGHT happen from global warming? Tain't worth the brief time I've got left above ground.

suckseed
03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
well, the if/when and how are obviously something unknown, so my question was, well, what are the basic resources/skills/knowledge we'd want?