PDA

View Full Version : Erasing Unwanted Cybertrails

vanished
03-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone amongst us in my promiscuous cyber-emailing, IM'ng and occasional lascivious profiles that I've maintained in my sexually wonderful life on the Internet (always followed by some real adventures).

Does anyone have any idea or know of any service where you can erase these trails? While I'm not ashamed of my activities and take a certain pride in my freedom, I also am realistic enough to know most would not understand.

Any tips would be wonderful. I still google my screename (another one from here) and get all sorts of garbage (some of my own - some others just put me on). Google says that sweep through periodically and it will be gone - but they haven't for months.

Thanks!!

otherguy
03-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Good luck. Everything is recorded and stored for posterity. Your provider logs everything and stores it for The Man. AT&T openly cooperates with the gov, and most of the others have in the past. AFAIK Google is one of the few who openly refused to share information, since their business is business intelligence information (ads).

If you are not already in the open, then the best you can do try to hide your future tracks from others. Use multiple email addresses. Occasionally change your IP or provider. Use an SSL proxy (http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.htm) or tor (http://tor.eff.org/) if you care. Set Firefox to delete all of your information on close. Use a separate logon for your activity. The Gov will find you if they need to, but you can mask things from your friends, family, coworkers, etc.

I do a few of these things to hide from the occasional person who wants to use my computer, but my shit is already out there so if I'm ever confronted I've resigned myself to take the heat. Since then, I've lived a much happier life not sweating it.

suckseed
03-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Why would I care where the word 'suckseed' is? I'm missing something obviously.

BeardedOne
03-19-2007, 09:05 PM
There's only one sure way...

inatilas
03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
I haven't got round to trying this one out yet, but www.garlik.com offer a service which allows you to keep track of information about you on-line. Might be worth a look...

estimtom
03-20-2007, 01:00 AM
go to www.download.com and search for ccleaner in free software its fantastic

suckseed
03-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Nein! my kvestion vuss, 'VY zhould I care!??'
Do you mean to say you're cyberperving using your real name?

estimtom
03-20-2007, 01:10 AM

suckseed
03-20-2007, 01:33 AM

So you're saying it magically scours the internet for you?

hwbs
03-20-2007, 01:36 AM
hahaha...i loved that commercial when i was a child..

suckseed
03-20-2007, 01:56 AM
HA HA I just googled up 'suckseed'. We are legion! I have an ebay account, my own website, holy handbaskets!

wombat33
03-20-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm sure I'm not alone amongst us in my promiscuous cyber-emailing, IM'ng and occasional lascivious profiles that I've maintained in my sexually wonderful life on the Internet (always followed by some real adventures).

Does anyone have any idea or know of any service where you can erase these trails? While I'm not ashamed of my activities and take a certain pride in my freedom, I also am realistic enough to know most would not understand.

Any tips would be wonderful. I still google my screename (another one from here) and get all sorts of garbage (some of my own - some others just put me on). Google says that sweep through periodically and it will be gone - but they haven't for months.

Thanks!!

HISTORY ERASER.COM

I DOWNLOADED IT AND HAVE IT SET ON AUTOMATIC. IT'S GREAT

ezed
03-20-2007, 07:17 AM

Thanks!!

WE already know everything about you due to the Patriot Act. Unfortunately, we don't have enough people to review the information collected. Therefore, don't fuck up or we'll do a search and retrieve it. In the meantime, we will be outsourcing our proactive measures to India. There's a guy named Ralph there who's really on top of things....but we suspect he is a transexual with Pakastani sympathies.