PDA

View Full Version : So I was talking to my mother tonight over dinner...

Somedude21
03-19-2007, 01:04 AM
...and I told her this: "I've done some soul searching lately, mom, and I've come to the conclusion...that I have a 'thing' for transsexuals."

So she gets this amused, surprised look on her face, and laughs a bit. "So you mean male to female transsexuals?"

"Yup. Post-op or pre-op, so I could care less if they've got the junk between their legs." I respond.

"So what attracts you to them?"

"That's the thing about it...I don't really know for sure. I think that it has something to do with the femininity...but again, I don't know for certain. There's just something about them that I find irrestiable."

"Just don't tell your father; he would flip out."

"Yeah, I know. I wasn't even intending on telling him."

And then she went into motherly defensive mode (I think). "Well, there's only one thing that I can tell you: watch yourself. Most trannies are whores."

And that was when I went: O_O "Uh...what?"

"Well, maybe that was the wrong thing to say," she corrected herself. "My experience with trannies comes from when I was hanging with gay guys back in the 70s, and some of them were transitioning into women. They were very...promiscious. I'm just saying that you should watch yourself is all."

I LOLed. "That's some funny shit, mom. Most of the transsexuals that I've met don't seem like whores to me. Flirtatious, maybe. But whores? I don't think so."

"Yeah, that wasn't the right word to use. Sorry. I'm just worried about you. Just be careful out there, okay?"

Anyway, she seemed to be generally accepting of my choice in sexuality, just like I expected. I would call it a success. So that's one family member down...many others to go. >_<;

Coroner
03-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Congratulations :lol:

Itīs great that your mother knows what ur into. She understands the whole meaning. I doubt my mother knows what a TS is :roll:

MrsKellyPierce
03-19-2007, 01:10 AM
...and I told her this: "I've done some soul searching lately, mom, and I've come to the conclusion...that I have a 'thing' for transsexuals."

So she gets this amused, surprised look on her face, and laughs a bit. "So you mean male to female transsexuals?"

"Yup. Post-op or pre-op, so I could care less if they've got the junk between their legs." I respond.

"So what attracts you to them?"

"That's the thing about it...I don't really know for sure. I think that it has something to do with the femininity...but again, I don't know for certain. There's just something about them that I find irrestiable."

"Just don't tell your father; he would flip out."

"Yeah, I know. I wasn't even intending on telling him."

And then she went into motherly defensive mode (I think). "Well, there's only one thing that I can tell you: watch yourself. Most trannies are whores."

And that was when I went: O_O "Uh...what?"

"Well, maybe that was the wrong thing to say," she corrected herself. "My experience with trannies comes from when I was hanging with gay guys back in the 70s, and some of them were transitioning into women. They were very...promiscious. I'm just saying that you should watch yourself is all."

I LOLed. "That's some funny shit, mom. Most of the transsexuals that I've met don't seem like whores to me. Flirtatious, maybe. But whores? I don't think so."

"Yeah, that wasn't the right word to use. Sorry. I'm just worried about you. Just be careful out there, okay?"

Anyway, she seemed to be generally accepting of my choice in sexuality, just like I expected. I would call it a success. So that's one family member down...many others to go. >_<;Congratulations! A lot of times you put more pressure on yourself of how your parents will react. Then you are surprised if they don't react how you expected.

specialk
03-19-2007, 01:29 AM
You should invite Vicki Richter over for dinner. Her and your mom can swap recipes. She'll just love VR...we do :wink:

LG
03-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Well done Somedude21, that must have taken some courage. I'm glad it went well.

Wish everyone had such understanding and progressive parents.

peggygee
03-19-2007, 01:33 AM
It's great that you and your Mom, can have such intimate conversations
as that, and I am glad that it went as well as it did.

However, I get a sense that you and she will be discussing this quite a
bit more at a a later juncture.

Perhaps because she may be curious if this really a decision that you have
fully though out for all of it's ramifications, both with your family and
society at large.

You may bring it up as well, for now you feel that you have an ally and
confidant with whom you can share this sensitive matter.

And I know that perhaps you don't have an answer as to why transwomen
are attractive to you, but you may want to give more thought to it, as
it is going to come up in conversation at some point again - guaranteed. :wink:

Jennifer_English
03-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I think its great that you have the courage to be so open with her....must have taken a lot of courage.... congrats! :D

I also wish there were more guys like you in the world....

Somedude21
03-19-2007, 02:01 AM
First off, thanks for the compliments, people. While the dialogue above didn't show it, I was really nervous and even stuttered a bit when I was talking about it. Hell, the only reason that I brought it up in the first place was because I had downed a glass of wine a few minutes before. So it wasn't like I went in with my head held high, or something.

It's great that you and your Mom, can have such intimate conversations
as that, and I am glad that it went as well as it did.

However, I get a sense that you and she will be discussing this quite a
bit more at a a later juncture.

Perhaps because she may be curious if this really a decision that you have
fully though out for all of it's ramifications, both with your family and
society at large.

You may bring it up as well, for now you feel that you have an ally and
confidant with whom you can share this sensitive matter.

And I know that perhaps you don't have an answer as to why transwomen
are attractive to you, but you may want to give more thought to it, as
it is going to come up in conversation at some point again - guaranteed. :wink:

Hee. Yeah, my mom was a hippie. I can talk to her about just about anything I want to. Most of the knoweldge that I have about sex and drugs comes from her own personal experiences.

I'm not doubting that it will come up in future conversations with my mother or anyone else, really. But since I've only recently discovered this about myself, I'm still not too sure on it, you know what I mean? I KNOW that there's a bigger attraction there than just the penis (in fact, I could really care less about that), but I just don't know for sure exactly WHAT it is. I've been really thinking on it hard lately--as in, if I'm truly a "chaser" or an "admirer"--but I just can't come up with a straight answer. At least not yet.

I think that I would have to actually get involved with a relationship with a transsexual (whether sexual or not) before I could have a solid answer on that one. So in the meantime...I guess that you could say that I'm still looking. :)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-19-2007, 03:02 AM
That's a start and seems like you started well. Great to hear that your mom is an open minded person while also still being protective of you as a mother! Way to go Somedude21. :P ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

phxguy
03-19-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm very happy for you, Somedude21. I wish I had parents that were as understanding, then I don't have to hide things from them.

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
03-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Agreed.

Caleigh
03-19-2007, 08:00 AM
congratulations somedude21

you have just demolished a large section of THE WALL

:)

Vala_TS
03-19-2007, 04:04 PM
I told my mom everything. She wasn't too happy about it all but wasn't that upset either. I have no dad so no worries in that department.

Vala,