PDA

View Full Version : What is more important?

foxxyyvonne
03-18-2007, 05:43 AM
To be desired or to be loved? Would you rather that a lot of people thought that you were sexy or that a few people truely loved you?

a994
03-18-2007, 05:45 AM
I'd rather just have a few friends who truly love and care for me, and I for them. I do not need or want to be famous.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-18-2007, 05:47 AM
I guess I'll say the opposite and say to be desired, only because I know no one else will say it when they reply to this thread.................

lol, besides my family will always love me unconditionally so I have nothing to lose by picking "desire"

Aragon21
03-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I guess I'll say the opposite and say to be desired, only because I know no one else will say it when they reply to this thread.................

lol, besides my family will always love me unconditionally so I have nothing to lose by picking "desire"

I will agree with this 100%, but add I want to be DESIRED by the ones I LOVE. That is to say the friends I love, I hope they desire my friendship. The family I love, I hope they desire that unconditional bond we have. The woman that I eventually marry, I hope she desires the future that we plan.

Totally, retardly romantice here. :roll:

Somedude21
03-18-2007, 06:37 AM

I will agree with this 100%, but add I want to be DESIRED by the ones I LOVE. That is to say the friends I love, I hope they desire my friendship. The family I love, I hope they desire that unconditional bond we have. The woman that I eventually marry, I hope she desires the future that we plan.

Quote for truth.

peggygee
03-18-2007, 07:53 AM

"It is better to be feared, than loved".http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bronxtale1inthatinstant.jpg

Oops sorry, wrong movie. :roll:

It is better to be loved than desired.

A person can desire someone that they don't love, as evidenced by many
of the men on this forum, who desire some of the women, though they
clearly don't love them. :smh

Then too, couples that have been together many years may still love one
another, but not desire each other.

Quinn
03-18-2007, 08:06 AM
To be desired or to be loved? Would you rather that a lot of people thought that you were sexy or that a few people truely loved you?

I don't think they're mutually exclusive options, so I'll say both.

-Quinn

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-18-2007, 08:48 AM
I've to agree with Peggie on this one. :P

In all honestly, from my own perspective being desired isnt much of a problem when your a pretty girl to start with. People in general could desire the multitude of pretty girls they meet, see and whatnot. But being loved for the person that you are (complete with all one's imperfections/shortcomings) is what I seek the most. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

DavidLynch
03-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Eventually I want to be loved, but right now I just want to be left alone.

8)

Cat
03-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Dunno.

Jasadin
03-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I want to be desired because at this point I can fool myself into believing that I understand it a tad more.Right now I can do or have done things to be more desirerable.It's the type of thing that one feels like she/he has some sort of control over but love on the other hand seems mystical,elusive, a unattainable beautiful chaos currently beyond my capacity to hold.

tsmandy
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
How about a working vibrator and some Ecstacy instead?

Almost the same thing

Aragon21
03-18-2007, 12:03 PM
How about a working vibrator and some Ecstacy instead?

Almost the same thing

While I agree that "Mr. Buzzy" won't let you down...he will neither love nor desire you. :cry:

SarahG
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Agreed, I wouldn't enter into a relationship to begin with if the guy wasn't attracted to me.

mikejones
03-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I have to desire a woman first. If there is no desire then there is no reason to spend time getting to know her. If things click and then you love the girl then she becomes desirable in a much more powerful way.

When I meet a girl the best I could hope for is to be desired. But that is where it all starts...

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I want to be loved and desired as well.

Kriss
03-18-2007, 07:18 PM
WOT NO POLL?

Loved! Desire is fickle.

sucka4chix
03-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Of course the warm and fuzzy answer is to be loved, but I think I'd rather be desired because it's more palpable. Someone can love you and never really do anything. Love seems to become noticeable in times of hardship (and holidays), but the rest of the time it just lurks, waiting to be NEEDED. But desire is there all the time--- you can feel it. It's hard to take for granted, unlike love. The sense of love fades-- it's strong at first then forgotten. But desire is always there stroking your ego, increasing your confidence, adding positivity to all aspects of your being. Sure it will go away one day, but it doesn't FADE away--- it's either there or it's not!

peggygee
03-19-2007, 08:35 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bump-1.gif

BeardedOne
03-19-2007, 09:41 PM

JW, I hope you didn't have a lot riding on this bet. :?

Desired works for me, primarily because "love" (Note the little " " ) hasn't been a very good friend to me. In fact, it's been a shoddy, cheap acquaintence. The kind that sez "Yo, dewd! Loan me ten bux until Tuesday", neglecting to clarify that the particular Tuesday they are referring to is the second Tuesday in March following the first anniversary of your death. :evil:

'Desire' is at least something tangible/measurable to some degree. Whereas "love" is more of a four-letter word invented to sell greeting cards and Chevrolets. As I peddle neither of those commodities, I tend to come up short in finding uses for it.

:shrug

lisaparadise
03-20-2007, 12:06 AM
being desired is something any tranny can be and most often is but being loved is really all that matters in life but in order for someone to love you im thinkin you need to be a good person inside and always put yourself 2nd i think thats the key

fiftyfin1
10-28-2007, 11:03 AM
loved

Legend
10-28-2007, 11:06 AM
loved

Another useless one word response that adds nothing to the discussion.