PDA

View Full Version : Mo. judge rules in transvestite case

blackmagic
03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Thu Mar 15, 7:00 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Even in the messy legal world of dividing property after a failed romance, this case was exceptional. A Jackson County judge was asked to consider whether a transvestite had misled a former male fiance into believing she was a woman. Ferris Griggs of Kansas City, Kan., sued Josie Garcia of Kansas City, claiming that Garcia had defrauded him by pretending to be a woman.
ADVERTISEMENT

Griggs wanted the judge to remove Garcia's name from a deed to a $20,000 house they co-own. Griggs also gave Garcia a $2,500 engagement ring, but didn't ask for that back.

Garcia, who goes by the name Cindy, testified that Griggs knew all along that she was a man, and that they often had sex during a relationship that lasted many months. Garcia dressed as a woman in court.

Griggs denied that the couple had sex. He said someone else told him that Garcia was a man. And he claimed that Garcia blackmailed him into putting her name on the house after the two quarreled while in Texas.

Griggs violated his parole on a rape conviction by taking Garcia to Texas. Griggs testified that after he got the ticket, Garcia threatened to tell Griggs' Kansas parole officer unless he gave her things.

A relative of Griggs testified that he heard Garcia make blackmail threats on phone voice messages.

But Garcia testified that she did not blackmail Griggs, and said they had a troubled relationship because Griggs was a control freak and hermit while she was sociable and normal.

And Garcia's friends testified that Griggs knew all along Garcia was a man.

Jackson County Judge J.D. Williamson said in issuing his ruling that both sides had serious credibility issues.

But he said Griggs had not proved that Garcia committed fraud. He ordered lawyers to start work on selling the house and dividing the money between Griggs and Garcia.

___

Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com

sad.... very sad

peggygee
03-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Griggs wanted the judge to remove Garcia's name from a deed to a $20,000 house they co-own. Griggs also gave Garcia a $2,500 engagement ring, but didn't ask for that back.

Oh, the drama :roll:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/blackwomenbw.jpg

And what kind of house can you get for 20K?

:roll:

suckseed
03-17-2007, 01:01 AM

I'm picturing a Tuff Shed! I bet it was a mobile, excuse me, 'manufactured' home.

Dude sounds like he's having a major case of 'I'm not gay!' "It was dark! I thought that was a Clark bar! She loved snacks!"

peggygee
03-17-2007, 01:11 AM

I'm picturing a Tuff Shed! I bet it was a mobile, excuse me, 'manufactured' home.

Dude sounds like he's having a major case of 'I'm not gay!' "It was dark! I thought that was a Clark bar! She loved snacks!"

My sentiments on both points. :lol:

wendy48088
03-17-2007, 07:05 AM
* Deleted *

blackmagic
03-17-2007, 07:16 AM

http://www.mhbo.com/mobile_listings/detail/59

O M F G ! ! !

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif

peggygee
03-17-2007, 08:02 AM

http://www.mhbo.com/mobile_listings/detail/59

Yeah now that you mention it, and I have been in a few, they actually
were fairly nice.

I guess just as long as you stay out of hurricane/tornado prone areas,
it shouldn't be a problem.

And if the neighborhood gets bad, just load it on a flat bed and you're
off to better environs.

Never knew the cost of one, now I know. :shrug

wendy48088
03-17-2007, 03:50 PM
* Deleted *

wendy48088
03-17-2007, 04:09 PM
* Deleted *

SarahG
03-17-2007, 04:31 PM
It also sounds like the judge thought the girl had no credibility because she's trans... "said in issuing his ruling that both sides had serious credibility issues."

The article is brief, but only indicates the guy had reason to lose his credibility (criminal record).

Actually... this is a different article than the one I saw on the same case on yahoo news a day or two ago... that one said the guy had a long criminal record and went on a trip out of state, violating his parole.

The article then said that he argued that she was blackmailing him using the parole violation as leverage...

BrendaQG
03-17-2007, 05:16 PM
What hit's me is that they call her a transvestite. Makes her sound part time. No way any part timer would fool anyone.

:sigh
:|
Knowing that part of the midwest the judge will probably screw her over. She has two strikes against her, being hispanic and being a transssexual.

SarahG
03-17-2007, 05:23 PM
What hit's me is that they call her a transvestite. Makes her sound part time. No way any part timer would fool anyone.

:sigh
:|
Knowing that part of the midwest the judge will probably screw her over. She has two strikes against her, being hispanic and being a transssexual.

Probably? there's no debate... I would be geninuely surprised if the judge did not screw her over.

Either the articles are leaving something out, or there is no reason why her credibility is in question.

peggygee
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah now that you mention it, and I have been in a few, they actually
were fairly nice.

I guess just as long as you stay out of hurricane/tornado prone areas,
it shouldn't be a problem.

And if the neighborhood gets bad, just load it on a flat bed and you're
off to better environs.

Never knew the cost of one, now I know. :shrug

I lived in a moble home for a few years after I moved out of my got out of the military. *

I bought mine for $7,000 in 1984.

What kills you is having to put them in a mobile home park (also knwn as "tornado magnets").

The mobile home park can be picky, telling you what to do about painting and your steps and such, but if the sidewalk in front (their responsibility) is crumbling they can take forever to fix it. But to me the biggest thing is the lot rent. This seems to be typically $300 and can go up and up from there if the place wants to only appeal to rich retirees.

And you really can't move them just anywhere - mobile home parks only allow new mobile homes. But they are a good deal if you are able to get land cheap somewhere a long way from the city (such as Northern michigan, and I understand there are a lot of them in places like rural Kentucky, North Carolina, etc.) and if the cost of transportation doesn't make the overall project too expensive.

* (Yeah, I was white trash :) (Come to think of it, I still am at heart - I just lost my illusions of my group being better than other people over time as I learned more about life and other people - but I still am a fan of old used cars and duct tape repairs and doing things on the cheap rather than buying the brand new stuff if at all possible... Is there such a thing as T-girl white trash? :)

Yeah, I think that's the reason why they have some stigma attached
to them, that whole tornado magnet thing, but other than that they seem
like a good housing option

I'm a 'city kitty', so I don't think my neighbors would like a double
wide in their area, but other than that it is a very cost effective option.

And no we should never allow ourselves to be put down by others,
because of who we are or where we live.

blackmagic
03-17-2007, 09:21 PM
It also sounds like the judge thought the girl had no credibility because she's trans... "said in issuing his ruling that both sides had serious credibility issues."

The article is brief, but only indicates the guy had reason to lose his credibility (criminal record).

Actually... this is a different article than the one I saw on the same case on yahoo news a day or two ago... that one said the guy had a long criminal record and went on a trip out of state, violating his parole.

The article then said that he argued that she was blackmailing him using the parole violation as leverage...

:shock: lol if anything this thread is more yours than mine.

wendy48088
03-18-2007, 09:11 AM
* Deleted *

tsntx
03-19-2007, 04:26 AM

Oh, the drama :roll:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/blackwomenbw.jpg

one on wheels ;)