PDA

View Full Version : before the time of Implants and Hormones...

Rory
03-16-2007, 03:28 AM
Talk about the progress of science! We, the guys who love womanly TGs, and those TGs who are happy with implants, modern surgery & hormones,...are so..fuckin..lucky!!

I already know what I'm thankful for, next Thanksgiving

ohioboy
03-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Some would say that makes it all the more 'unnatural' and wrong, but, in my opinion, with all this surgery and beauty product, human beauty has been enhanced.

Coroner
03-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Without this kind of cosmetical progress we´d never know everything about ourselves. I´d never know that I´m into something that wouldn´t exist. We who love TG´s also discovered something about ourselves.

ohioboy
03-16-2007, 03:36 AM
But now you got ugly people thinking they are beautiful, and their egos getting out of control. LOL...j/k

ILuvGurls
03-16-2007, 03:38 AM
i must agree, before and after pics are.....stunning. yes i realize the lady is growing older but then aqain.........

peggygee
03-16-2007, 03:46 AM
History of breast implants.

Implants have been used since 1895 to augment the
size or shape of women's breasts. The earliest known
implant was attempted by Czerny, using a woman's own
adipose tissue (from a lipoma, a benign growth, on her
back).

Gersuny tried paraffin injections in 1889, with
disastrous results. Subsequently, in the early to mid-1900s,
a number of other substances were tried, including ivory,
glass balls, ground rubber, ox cartilage, Terylene wool,
polyethylene chips, and other subsyances

In recent history, various creams and medicaments have been
used in attempts to increase bust size, and Berson in 1945 and
Maliniac in 1950 performed a flap-based augmentation by rotating
the patients chest wall tissue into the breast to add volume.

Various synthetics were used throughout the 1950s and 1960s,
including silicone injections, which an estimated 50,000 women
received. Development of silicone granulomas and hardening
of the breasts were in some cases so severe that women needed to
have mastectomies for treatment.

Women sometimes seek medical treatment for complications
up to 30 years after receiving this type of injection.

Timmie Jean Lindsey becomes the first woman to receive silicone breast implants.

peggygee
03-16-2007, 04:01 AM
The first sex reassignment was attempted in Germany
in 1930. Einar Wegener sought treatment and was operated
upon. Afterwards, she lived as Lily Elbe, but alas not for
long...the surgery had tragic complications.

The first well known, surviving post operative transsexual was
American ex-G.I. George Jorgensen, who became Christine
Jorgensen in 1953. Christine became the center of a whirlwind
of publicity despite an effort to avoid it, and had little choice bu
t to capitalize on the misfortune.

Christine became the first 'Media Transsexual' - or as some
transsexuals put it 'Transie Martyr' , and suffered both the benefit
and curse of fame. Christine starred in several hollywood movies
as a result, and became celebrity enough to bring transsexualism
out of the closet and into view of post-industrial society.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/christinejorgensen.jpg

Ecstatic
03-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Peggy, did you see Christine Jorgensen Reveals when it was presented by The Theater Offensive in Boston last year? Excellent production, an amazing reenactment of her late 1950s interview by Bradford Louryk (miming her voice, preserved on vinyl).

peggygee
03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Peggy, did you see Christine Jorgensen Reveals when it was presented by The Theater Offensive in Boston last year? Excellent production, an amazing reenactment of her late 1950s interview by Bradford Louryk (miming her voice, preserved on vinyl).

I heard about it, but sadly I missed it, as I am a big fan of hers.

:cry:

Vala_TS
03-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Didn't they have transexuals in the Greek/Roman periods? How did that work?

Vala,

Ecstatic
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM

I heard about it, but sadly I missed it, as I am a big fan of hers.

:cry:
Too bad. It was an outstanding production. Louryk captured every nuance of Jorgensen's character, and really showed how much of a pioneer she was, not just in being the first (or at least first famous) successful post-op, but her understanding and articulation of gender identity issues fifty years ago.

SarahG
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Vala,

They had it in several ancient cultures. Generally it would be a prepuberty castration and then living fulltime as I understand it... puberty occurred later age-wise in pre-modern times.

Vala_TS
03-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Vala,

They had it in several ancient cultures. Generally it would be a prepuberty castration and then living fulltime as I understand it... puberty occurred later age-wise in pre-modern times.

So is there a site where I can read up on that? And was it by choice?

Vala,

SarahG
03-16-2007, 04:52 PM
So is there a site where I can read up on that? And was it by choice?

Vala,

I dunno about sites... I know it was covered in many of the ancient societies studied in past anthropology courses I have taken... but I don't believe I saved any of my old course textbooks.

It was hardly something exclusive to the Romans... with variation it was in all kinds of ancient cultures all over the globe. I remember from one class some middle eastern, N. American Indian, South East Asian and India examples were used.

In the case of the N. American Indians.. some tribes had people who could literally "become the other gender" in roles, responsibilities etc within the culture but without any kind of body modification (forced or otherwise). Seperately the 5 Nations (Iroquios) were famous for adopting captives from various military conflicts- women, children etc. These adoptees were then used in place of people who had died in the society/government/etc. There was no stigmatization involved so a girl of any race could find herself adopted into the role of a male husbend or chief etc. The falsely named beaver wars made this practice famous because of all the European white children who were captured along the frontier and were then raised, socialized etc as Iroqiuos roles- usually these adoptees never wanted to return to the white world, even when required by military treaty (think "Last of the Mohicans").

Vala_TS
03-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Sounds interesting. I tried looking on google but didn't find anything.

And is it just me or this look like a transexual portrayed in this pic?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Suzuki_Harunobu_Shunga.jpg

Vala,

peggygee
12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bump-1.gif

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/gothic-women.gif

tgirlzoe
12-29-2007, 09:09 PM
For as much as guys on here argue who's a gay, cocksucking faggot and who is a true straight manly man who just likes dick, the ancient world didn't necessarily draw such a distinction.

Many examples of cultures with a homosexual outlet dressed young boys up like girls for entertainment and sexual pleasure. The Greeks and Romans tended to like their boy lovers more masculine than the Chinese, Japanese or Arabs who did the crossdressing.

Some cultures had positions in society for "third-gendered" males or even "fourth-gendered" females, essentially comparable to MTFs and FTMs respectively, that had nothing to do with prostitution but a lot of trans women throughout the centuries have been a dirty little secret for the men. The Qur'an mentions what we would call MTFs and says that so long as they aren't prostitutes, it's okay. (See Mukhannathun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhannathun)).

What is gay and what is transgendered is a fuzzier line in history that most transsexuals and their admirers would like to believe. However, the past two or three decades have given us wonderful advances in hormone and surgical treatments to help transsexuals feel more comfortable in their bodies and to help men enjoy them more :) Thank God we have the technology and freedoms we do.

macfan
12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
For as much as guys on here argue who's a gay, cocksucking faggot and who is a true straight manly man who just likes dick, the ancient world didn't necessarily draw such a distinction.

Many examples of cultures with a homosexual outlet dressed young boys up like girls for entertainment and sexual pleasure. The Greeks and Romans tended to like their boy lovers more masculine than the Chinese, Japanese or Arabs who did the crossdressing.

Some cultures had positions in society for "third-gendered" males or even "fourth-gendered" females, essentially comparable to MTFs and FTMs respectively, that had nothing to do with prostitution but a lot of trans women throughout the centuries have been a dirty little secret for the men. The Qur'an mentions what we would call MTFs and says that so long as they aren't prostitutes, it's okay. (See Mukhannathun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhannathun)).

What is gay and what is transgendered is a fuzzier line in history that most transsexuals and their admirers would like to believe. However, the past two or three decades have given us wonderful advances in hormone and surgical treatments to help transsexuals feel more comfortable in their bodies and to help men enjoy them more :) Thank God we have the technology and freedoms we do.

I fully agree with you, look at Brazil where its not that big of a deal relative to some other societies around the world. Certiainly the culture plays a vital role in restricting or enabling one to express their desires outwardly without trepidation.