PDA

View Full Version : anti depressants

dreamer
03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
maybe I spelled it wrong --------------I dunno

I dunno ---I am fucked up ----life sucks ---the world sucks ---people suck ----everything sucks ----

you guys take pills like I do? ----my pills work ---but reality is a constant ----there's no escape from reality

I dunno ---

dreamer
03-10-2007, 11:47 PM
thanks for the response ---I don't need to knowm anyuthing ---I just asking ---you know? ---maybe I just don't wanna be alone in my crazy ass state ---

wendy48088
03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
* Deleted *

Somedude21
03-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Let me see...I'm on Lexapro, Abilify and Adderall XR. Before I was on those drugs my life was really a mess. Now though, things are a lot better. Not saying that I'm wholly cured, but the things do the job quite well.

dreamer
03-11-2007, 12:03 AM
dude --I tried abilify --my heart POUNDED!! ---shew!! ------I think..............therefore I am crazy

no ---I think being on these pills sucks ------thank god for insurance ------I hate this shit though

I'm on lexapro --and trileptal -----god damn ----more addictions --more dependancies --------like smokes and booze ain't eough

Somedude21
03-11-2007, 12:09 AM
dude --I tried abilify --my heart POUNDED!! ---shew!! ------I think..............therefore I am crazy

no ---I think being on these pills sucks ------thank god for insurance ------I hate this shit though

I'm on lexapro --and trileptal -----god damn ----more addictions --more dependancies --------like smokes and booze ain't eough

If by "smokes" you also mean marijuana, I've found that not smoking that stuff can help with depression.

Kriss
03-11-2007, 12:40 AM
If by "smokes" you also mean marijuana, I've found that not smoking that stuff can help with depression.

Apparently it don't mix with anti-depressants either, said to cause panic attacks when you smoke on those pills. is HA suffering a drug meltdown tonight???

dreamer
03-11-2007, 12:50 AM
aw dude come on --I am sorry but MJ is harmless --YES she makes me (or helps me) --stay away from all these CRAZY inhabitants that curse my surrondings -------I fucking hate people man ---hence the meaning of my thread ---people suck ----

dreamer
03-11-2007, 12:56 AM
like in here ---this very messasge board ---i myself --A HUJAN BEING ---just a -----

I apologize ---maybe I think too muich ---maybe I see too much ---maybe I understand too much ----this fuckig condition thaty humanity dwellw within

TJT
03-11-2007, 04:51 AM
I take Trileptal for epilepsy. That stuff doesn't doesn't go well w/ booze. They tend to enhance depression when combined.

Chuck
03-11-2007, 05:05 AM
I usually would try to think up something real stupid to say, but the truth is I feel your pain.

I am 39, never been on antidepressants, but I think I need to look into it.

I am clinically depressed and I know it. I am scared to go on meds for it because they just don't seem to work. I would rather, at the moment, deal with my depression without drugs, but that may change soon.

It's not all mental like many think. It is your body telling you it needs something that it is not getting. I get tired / sleepy whenever I am in meetings or classes (I'm a teacher). I just can't stay awake nor do I have that "joi de vie". If I have 2 good days a month, where I am happy to be alive, I'm lucky. The few times I enjoy life I am either drinking or under the influence of E which I do very seldomly ( twice a year at the most). I don't advocate the use of E but it makes me feel so good, even days after it has worn off. I don't get the E hangover that I have heard so much about.

Depression is real. I used to pass judegement on people for being depressed. I thought it was a sign of weakness. I guess that's what I get for being judgemental.

Alison Faraday
03-11-2007, 05:33 AM
*deleted*

Jennifer_English
03-11-2007, 05:40 AM
once my partner and parents are gone it will be the first thing I do.

:?: you really that unhappy Alison ?

I too was on antidepressants for 8 years... SSRI (Prozac) and finally gave them up about 8 weeks ago....

For the time I was on them they definately helped me slowley sort my life out....

I feel for anyone with depression... it sucks...

signupjustforthis
03-11-2007, 05:55 AM
i stopped all my anti-depressants after i had estrogen.

I am still depressed sometimes, and I still feel like shit about myself sometimes. I think my depression has to do with my transgender identity. If I was born a girl, I don't think i would be clinically depressed.

Right now, I am still high on the fact that I began hormones so I don't know if I would go back to being depressed after the hype is gone.

Alison Faraday
03-11-2007, 05:56 AM
*deleted*

Kabuki
03-11-2007, 07:02 AM
No criticism of anyone here. ((hugs))

Right now.. Give me a bottle of pills, no pain, and I'll take them. Struggling on, being criticised, having up their arse tss turn their noses up at me. I don't fit in, with no job, a degree that's next to useless, just a slave to the perversions of the world. Is that the sum of my existance?

So. No criticism of anyone. Recognition given to Chuck, I too have never tried anti-depressants. Much preferring to 'be strong' and do something about it. Like it gets you anywhere. You kind of get slowly worn down after a few years. I have weighed up the pros and cons of suicide, and once my partner and parents are gone it will be the first thing I do. They are the only reason I'm still here. I haven't discussed this with anyone or them, but I spend most of my days unhappy and feeling that I've achieved nothing in my life.

What I'm saying here isn't irrational but is a natural conclusion to life's events. I hate myself and constantly feel not good enough or wanted.

So there's some truths to be ignored and dismissed. The thing is that I know that some of you understand. You can't do anything. Only I can. But what if I'm tired of being level headed and smiley for everyone? While so alone and lost inside. The feeling of depression slowly gnaws away at you, chipping away at your childhood freedom bit by bit.

What do we do? Is it our fault? Is it someone else's fault? Are we really ill in our minds? Will I ever be happy? Will I ever fit in? Will I ever be popular? Where did I go wrong? Why why why?

These are all questions that we ask yet rarely reveal or know the answers to. This post is unlikely to receive any recognition or understanding. I expect nothing. I look forward to nothing. I have no dreams or hopes. All eroded away and worn away. A miserable lonely person with so many people around me.

The real irony, and as all of you know; when you ask for help, or through some confused cry for help, it does not come. So what do we do? We pretend that it's all ok.

I can certainly relate to your pain Alison. Each day, I battle my own demons. I try to cope with a situation that I couldn't control or predict.

I definitely think you should read Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. I think it would teach you how to cope with a number of issues. I would recommend the book to everyone. I found myself jotting down a lot of passages from the book. It was a valuable tool for changing my way of thinking. That book and some Buddhist philosophy.

apocarm
03-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Never tried an anti-depressant, I have several friends that do and it's cool with me. The only drugs I take ever are caffiene in the form of a diet pepsi. I have the opposite thing going with me here, I don't enjoy doctors at all. I don't like getting checked out, visit the eye-doctor, or anything. I'm not afraid I'm just stubborn and I generally think I can handle anything myself. Guess thats a different problem here.

wendy48088
03-11-2007, 07:56 AM
* Deleted *

TJT
03-11-2007, 08:42 AM
The mid/late 30's are when that SOB called the mid-life crisis can nail you. It doesn't just manifest itself in buying a bad toupe and sports car? Depression can be a major component,it was for me. A few months of Zoloft helped me get through the first one. The second round w/ the mid-life crisis isn't as bad. You know what the hell it is. It doesn't sneak up and kick you in the ass.

(BTW,I went with a ponytail and a Harley in my first MLC.)

If you have the bipolar version of depression,stay away from the weed,speed,and psychedelics. They may help at first,but they'll eventually land your ass in the hospital,jail,or the morgue.

I come from a long line of looneys of the bipolar variety,adding recreational drugs to that disorder is throwing gasoline on a fire. I've got a sister who makes Courtney Love seems like Mother Theresa. Cocaine fueled bipolar disorder. I'm suprised she made it through her 30's?

atkms7
03-11-2007, 08:47 AM
yeah, benzos are fun every now and then, valium is hella chill, but can also be a devil in disguise.

Jon991
11-11-2007, 10:13 AM
So this is a topic that I know a lot about.

I was on Paxil at first for social anxiety. Paxil sucked ass fr me. If you never want to have sex again, get on Paxil. I was switched to Lexapro, which is the SSRI that most people have the least amount of side effects with. For me, Lexapro made me tired a lot and I did not give a damn about anything. It was so bad that I would not go to work because I just did not give a shit some days. I finally had to go on Family Medical Leave Act for my apathy. That really sucks. I have to tell my doctor and the agency that does the paperwork that I just felt like whale shit at the bottom of the ocean, so I did not care to go to work even if it would get me fired.

Finally I got a new doctor. She put me on Prozac and Trazodone. The Prozac helps with my social anxiety and depression which I could never find myself to admit). The Trazodone helps me with my sleeping problems and my apathy.

Different meds help in different ways for different people.

I highly recommend this site if you have psychiatric issues that you need help with.

http://74.50.8.219/

It was www.crazymeds.com, but some psycho chick stole their domain name. Also if you need help, please ask me. I have dealt with some of this and I will be glad to talk to anyone about it, but if I can't help you myself I will tell you and help you find professional help.

andyuk
11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
ok i bit of history.
i had a uncle who killed him self because of depression ,my mother suffers from Schizophrenia
,as does my brother,i have a auntie with clinical depression,and two brothers with ocd.so see my family is a bit cursed with mental illness.
best advice i can give you?if you take meds continue to take them,dont just go off,if you dont and you feel so low please see a doctor.
that goes for anyone who is reading this,
and stay off the marajuna,that can create a lot more mental problems ,that is a fact.
people only realise what mental illness is when a family member gets it,nothing to be ashamed about ,does not mean your stupid or anything like that,in fact most people who are very intelligent have suffered some sort of mental illness,i think one of the great composers had something.
take care
not all people are bad,you can find some good diamonds out there.
dont give up.

Jon991
11-11-2007, 12:05 PM
I agree. Never just stop taking your meds. That can cause serious problems. You have to slowly decrease the strength and then got off them. I stopped taking my stuff, and they are mild compared to MAOI's. If you are on MAOI's please follow your doctor's instructions. I hope that you have taken the more relaxed antidepressants before you are on those. If not, msg me and let me know. I will help you find a doctor that has more responsibility.

Jon991
11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I have taken a few of these, and what sucks the most is that it can be hard to get hard. Your mind can totally be into it, but your cock just wants to sleep. Paxil was the worst for me. Lexapro was not so bad, but it made me want to sit back and watch my life crumble. I am on Prozac now with Trazodone to help me sleep. Its ok for me, but people react different to different drugs. What else sucks is that many of these drugs take a while to be effective. Its a lot of trial and error. The other thing that sucks, is that if you have never felt normal, you can't really tell your doctor if the meds make you feel normal. I thought Paxil was awesome until I took lexapro. Then Lexapro made me sleepy and not give a shit, so now I am on Prozac and Trazodone.

Pleas read this site.
http://74.50.8.219/

It really helped me.