PDA

View Full Version : Best remedy for a hangover???

olite71
03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Post your suggestions here please, I gotta serious hummer of a headache...

Okay.... First. Deep Breaths. Then, cook yourself two scrambled eggs and some bacon. One piece of baguette with that and a 12oz glass half Lite Beer (from miller) and 7up.

Drink the glass clean and repeat.

Then retire to the bed/couch and pour yourself another half beer/7up highball and turn on a Doris Day movie.

Think about all the people you love in your life while watching the innocence of Doris Day.

Do not get down on yourself; do not despair---it's only temporary.

For dinner order the best pizza you can find and have a stiff beer with it---then sleep 11 hours and wake up the next day ready to conquer the world--knowing that whenever you get drunk the next day is shot to hell.

SkyTwo
03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Have the next day off. Hair of the dog works beautifully, but then you need the next day off.

Other than that, it's all placebos and lies. Caving in to the downhome, artery-clogging breakfast you so desire can help. But that's just substituting one problem for another.

Oh, and there's always the helpful measure of taking a couple of analgesics and as much water as you can stand before hitting the sack. Not a cure-all, but it helps. I know.

Somedude21
03-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Don't drink so much. Or if you're going to, make sure to drink plenty of water the night that you're drinking. To this day, I have not had a single hangover in my life.

olite71
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't drink so much. Or if you're going to, make sure to drink plenty of water the night that you're drinking. To this day, I have not had a single hangover in my life.

LOL...then to this day you've never been on a real bender.

TJT
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Yep.

Bourbon & Coke if you can keep it down. Xanax or weed if you can't,w/ large dose of ibuprofen.

Xiorc
03-10-2007, 11:31 AM
In the Marines I use to drink all the time and even though I had hangovers they did not bother me that much, probably cause I was younger and in awesome shape. Not if I drink I get sick for days...yes literally days. Somewhere along the way I became almost allergic to alcohol.
So my hangover remedy is not to drink at all.

Jericho
03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Stay Drunk!

Alison Faraday
03-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Big fry up! Preferably in a Greasy Joe's.

Kriss
03-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Okay.... First. Deep Breaths. Then, cook yourself two scrambled eggs and some bacon. One piece of baguette with that and a 12oz glass half Lite Beer (from miller) and 7up.

I feel NAXIOUS already.

dreamer
03-10-2007, 05:45 PM
time ---Mary Jane --aspirin ---and coffee

chefmike
03-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I have never had a problem with hangover headaches, just the wretched nausea.

For nausea -I prefer soda water with a couple dashes of bitters in it. Preferably followed by a red-eye(beer and tomato juice).

And I am also one of the many who crave greasy food when stricken with the aforementioned malady.

And yes, if you also happen to have some of the kind bud around.... 8)

LG
03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I'll agree with Alison. A big fry-up (bacon, sausage, eggs and maybe mushrooms and tomato) works well. Taking a multivitamin and a couple of painkillers helps. I drink plenty of fluids too, mostly water, but also some tomato juice, especially if I was out in a club.

And then, plenty of rest will do you good. The greasy food, water and the other things can help, but ultimately it takes time for the hangover to wear off.

Hair of the dog may sound like a cool idea, but I don't think that adding more alcohol to your body will do you any good.

Incidentally, white spirits usually cause less of a hangover than spirits like whisky. Also, white wine is preferable to red wine, according to most reports I've read. Make sure you drink plenty of water when you're drinking to dilute the alcohol (but don't drink more water than you can take) and always drink after a meal and never before.

That works for me. I've had nights when I had 8 drinks or more without a hangover the next day and all my hangovers- when I have experienced them- have been mild and short-lasting.

Somedude21
03-10-2007, 09:47 PM

Oh no, I have. I once had a whole handle of vodka to myself. Finished about just over half of it, IIRC. I also puked once, true, but I also drank a lot of water, and that prevented a hangover.

LG
03-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Oh no, I have. I once had a whole handle of vodka to myself. Finished about just over half of it, IIRC. I also puked once, true, but I also drank a lot of water, and that prevented a hangover.

Yep, puking your guts out would prevent a hangover. But I'd rather have the hangover.

Most I've had. Shared a 750ml bottle of vodka with a friend (had about 2/3 to his 1/3) then ordered shots all round (about 10 or 12 of them) and finished more than half of them myself before- I think- having a gin and tonic or something. My friend was woozy from early on- I actually drove him back. I'm not proud of it.

I'd never do that again, though and definitely wouldn't drive after so much to drink.

Another time, I had 6-7 vodkas with ice and vodka tonics at a part, then had maybe three large shots of aftershock at a club (awful drink that tastes almost like Listerine). I danced the night away after that. But I don't drink more than a drink or two anymore.

Only puked once, and it took 4 doubles of absinthe to do the trick. It was a horrible experience.

birkie35
03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
2 pints of water
2 aspirin
2 bananas

as recommended by NASA scientists during the Apollo missions

Chuck
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Hangovers never really bothered me. It's the piecing together of the night's embarassing events that I can't remember that bothers me the most.

If you can still remember and live with all that you did, then the minor headache is just a minor inconvenience.

Trogdor
03-10-2007, 10:42 PM

What he said. Getting wasted, and waking up with a splitting headache, dry mouth and having to put your face into the toilet does not count as fun to me. :roll:

chefmike
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM
2 pints of water
2 aspirin
2 bananas

They got drunk in space?

Trogdor
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
2 pints of water
2 aspirin
2 bananas

They got drunk in space?

:idea: :arrow: Doubt it, but I am sure they have deal with nausia and dehydration, which is what happens when you are hungover.

Quinn
03-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I specifically drink Champagne because I can basically drink as much of the stuff as I want and not get a hangover. Anything else will give me a hangover if I don't watch my intake, which is why I rarely drink anyting else.

-Quinn

LG
03-10-2007, 10:49 PM
2 pints of water
2 aspirin
2 bananas

They got drunk in space?

Didn't you hear? They had a gas! Whiskey and coke (regular, diet and powdered), full-on sex, and then they brought out the bananas (they actually used them before they ate them). Nice to know where your tax dollars go. :)

Actually, I think it's probably a recipe to prevent dehydration and wooziness- but I haven't seen any official NASA endorsments.

LG
03-10-2007, 10:53 PM
I specifically drink Champagne because I can basically drink as much of the stuff as I want and not get a hangover. Anything else will give me a hangover if I don't watch my intake, which is why I rarely drink anyting else.

-Quinn

In the case of wine, it takes over a bottle to get me feeling even remotely woozy. At the equivalent of $40 a bottle for my favourite non-vintage, I doubt I could afford to get drunk on champagne very often.

In any case, I'd rather be having Cuban rum or a real Russian or Polish vodka.

chefmike
03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
2 pints of water
2 aspirin
2 bananas

They got drunk in space?

Didn't you hear? They had a gas! Whiskey and coke (regular, diet and powdered), full-on sex, and then they brought out the bananas (they actually used them before they ate them). Nice to know where your tax dollars go. :)

Actually, I think it's probably a recipe to prevent dehydration and wooziness- but I haven't seen any official NASA endorsments.

:lol:

dreamer
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM
eff that ---eff whatever ---just drink lots of liquid --and stay in bed ---oh yeah --and smoke a bowl ---

dreamer
03-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I am in the process of getting to be hung over --and I already have a plan

Quinn
03-10-2007, 11:15 PM

-Quinn

In the case of wine, it takes over a bottle to get me feeling even remotely woozy. At the equivalent of $40 a bottle for my favourite non-vintage, I doubt I could afford to get drunk on champagne very often.

In any case, I'd rather be having Cuban rum or a real Russian or Polish vodka.

I think it's probably different for each person, depending on what their drink of choice is. I drink infrequently, but when I do it's usually with friends at the Jersey Shore, who literally throw a party just about every weekend that starts Friday night and ends Sunday night (no, I'm not even joking). Most of them drink ale or beer. I couldn't drink a quarter of what most of them drink in a night without becoming violently ill. Conversely, a good night of drinking will see me consume two, possibly even three, bottles of Champagne. None of my friends can come even close to that volume of intake for the same reason I can't match their beer intake. A bottle of wine, which would leave you feeling remotely woozy, would be more than enough to leave me drunk. I can’t even touch most hard liquors.

-Quinn

dreamer
03-10-2007, 11:15 PM
oh yeah ---is it me? ---or do dudes tend to be horny is this misery? ---???

J Money
03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
gatorade and asprin

chefmike
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
oh yeah ---is it me? ---or do dudes tend to be horny is this misery? ---???

It's not just you. I agree. And I have discussed this subject before with friends, and most of them agree. Hangover sex certainly adds a brighter side to the whole thing though, doesn't it?... :lol:

werwt22
03-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Sleep ---> Meal ----> Sleep ----> Second Meal ----> Bathroom and your good.

But if your rushed for time I found that 1 more beer or an alcoholic beverage with not much sugar works wonders with settling your stomach. Cant help you with the throbbing headache though.

TomSelis
03-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Co-sign the water and banana. It's good to take a vitamin b-12 too before you go to sleep. The next morning eat a greasy breakfast. Then go back to sleep.

arc angel
03-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Get a case of beer and start over.

NYTSJulie
03-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Real loud music and someone to slap you on the forehead.

stogiebear
03-11-2007, 05:49 AM
I can't give you a remedy for the hangover you have now, but I can help you prevent the onset of another one...

Try to work out, to the nearest dollar, how much you spent last night and what you could have done with it if you still had that money.

Hangover sex is quite awful. As a non-drinker I can't stand drunks and/or the smell of hours old drink on people's breath. Yuk!

Jasadin
03-11-2007, 06:01 AM
B complex plus vit C and water

birkie35
03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
When you party make sure that everybody drinks more than you. In the morning when you all wake up they will feel really shit whereas you will just feel shit. Therefore, you will feel better in relation to them.

Apply the technique of 'its all relative' to all aspects of your life. In an instant your life can be turned around.

Warning: Technique does not work for people at the bottom of the pile.

RiffRaff
03-11-2007, 06:47 PM
You can either take a 5 mile jog or ... try the following:
1 large glass mineral salts (Andrews Salts are very good)
1 large glass orange juice
painkillers (your choice).

This is has astonishing recouperative properties. You need the salt and sugar for an isotonic combination plus the salts will (hopefully) help remove the err.. toxic core so to speak.

Dazzledazzle
01-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Worked in a brewery for 20 years........ the cure is any fruit based drink as it quickly clears toxins from the liver. Pure alcohol is poison, that's why people are hung over, as the liver can't cope with bodily function and the alcohol.

T$420
01-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Just smoke 2 bowls of medicinal & you can get your day going again...cures the headaches every single time...

effigyc
01-05-2011, 05:05 AM
ibuprofin and a gatorade works great

Dino Velvet
01-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Greasy Tex-Mex Breakfast + Industrial Strength Coffee at Dino's House.

MdR Dave
01-05-2011, 06:50 AM
T$420 and effigyc have the best ideas, I think.

I drink straight whiskey so I make sure to hydrate before knocking off for the night as well. A couple of glasses of water and ibuprofen or acetaminophen with it.

Hangover? Not very often.

And "wake and bake" can make most mornings shine!

Dino Velvet
01-05-2011, 06:58 AM
T$420 and effigyc have the best ideas, I think.

I drink straight whiskey so I make sure to hydrate before knocking off for the night as well. A couple of glasses of water and ibuprofen or acetaminophen with it.

Hangover? Not very often.

And "wake and bake" can make most mornings shine!

I always mean to drink water before going to bed but the last thing I drink is one last glass of whiskey. Lucky I drink enough that I don't really get hangovers.

JohnDoe82
01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
dip some bread or swallow 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
before drinking and you wont have a hangover or at the very least
your heart will thank you for it when you get older.

Caff_Racer
01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
In my experience, the best cure for a hangover is not to drink enough to get hung over in the first place: if you do wake up hung over it probably means that you made an utter twat of yourself at some point during the evening. :whistle:

Oh and of course, if you have to drive: don't drink at all! ;-)

As the meerkat would say:

http://alevelmedia.co.uk/custom/meerkat.jpg

This has been a public service announcement. Now keep calm and carry on.

Star Angel 86
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Fight fire with get up and pick up where you left off start drinking all over again.:cheers::twisted::cool:

Kevin Dong
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
In Russia they take activated charcoal while drinking and upon waking in the morning. The trick is to take a lot, and it acts as a purifier, effectively easing the hangover. Similar products are on sale in the US, like hangoverstopper.com for example, but it's a waste of money and you can get activated charcoal cheaper without the fancy name.

dbev
01-06-2011, 12:14 AM
I think that it's not drinking...

lovesall
01-06-2011, 01:55 AM
For me lots of gatorade and two multivitamins and lots of quiet rest. Also any good greesy cheeseburger will do well also.

FreddieGomez
01-06-2011, 01:56 AM
i heard bacon is supposed to be good....but i dont even get hang overs any more...i can drink a whole bottle of E&J by myself and i'm still feelin aiight the next day.....

Dino Velvet
01-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Fight fire with get up and pick up where you left off start drinking all over again.:cheers::twisted::cool:

I'll drink to that, M8.:cheers:

Martin C.
01-11-2011, 03:56 AM
What I do to avoid hangover: when I'm drinking and I note I'm starting to get drunk I begin to drink water. You don't don't get drunk and the day after you're ok.

Jericho
01-11-2011, 04:16 AM
fukkin lightweights!