PDA

View Full Version : Killing Dead Topics..................................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-10-2007, 08:25 AM
As a few of you already see I've deleted some topics that were dead in the water. I'm not going into details, I just deleted them, if you want to question it know that I did it and that's that.....................

Also

keep in mind there's a chatroom link above right next to the search button, alot of these [attacks] oops I mean 'topics' (lol) could be discussed in there
you might need Java installed

hwbs
03-10-2007, 08:37 AM
is it up and running again....

NYCe
03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I really hope that you guys start deleting Kelly's topics tho'. She's compulsive about it, and they usually lack substance.

You've already made your feels about Kelly and her posts clear, several times even.

Kriss
03-10-2007, 05:20 PM
dead in the water. I just deleted them...........

:claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps

Many thanks for spring cleaning MODS, now it will be so much quicker and easier to find the good topics that continue to grow and evolve. Thanks to Peggy gee, Hara_juku and other less frequent posters for initialising these threads from which I become enlightened. Also the funny fuckers that start genuinely amusing threads.

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 08:44 PM
What's the criteria for a "dead" topic? Does it include threads concerning moderating? Because I see that one came and went very quickly last night.

Yes, I noticed that. After all that talk about "We can't delete posts attacking the girls because that would be cencorship." I noticed that they don't hold those same lofty ideals when it comes to anyone questioning their moderating abilities.

Same old, same old I guess. :roll:

NYCe
03-10-2007, 08:56 PM
And here comes the complain train arriving on track #14.

Always on time and always the same passengers.

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 09:02 PM
And here comes the complain train arriving on track #14.

Always on time and always the same passengers.

No offence, NYCe, but you didn't see what was talked about. (Unless you were the one that deleted it?)

Anyway, I know enough about this place to know it won't change, (I even know JWBL and Buckstrap will be back after saying they are gone for good.) but I'll just end this with this quote to sum up my feelings....

"We cannot always expect people to love, honor, obey, or even respect one another. But we have every right to demand civility."

NYCe
03-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I saw what was talked about and I didn't delete it. Very rarely do I delete posts and If I do I'll admit to it.

That's a great quote but it applies to a site such as Wikipedia, not HungAngels. These are two very different sites with very different audiences.

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I saw what was talked about and I didn't delete it. Very rarely do I delete posts and If I do I'll admit to it.

That's a great quote but it applies to a site such as Wikipedia, not HungAngels. These are two very different sites with very different audiences.

OK, I'll flip-flop. I thought I was done but I have to ask this question then.....

Why was that thread deleted? What was said that was deemed so offencive that it needed to be taken down, other than JWBL and Buckstrap getting their feelings hurt? Even then, nobody was hating on them. Quinn and I had a civil disscusion going on even though we may not have agreed on things.

What exactly is the criteria for deleting posts?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-10-2007, 09:23 PM

OK, I'll flip-flop. I thought I was done but I have to ask this question then.....

Why was that thread deleted? What was said that was deemed so offencive that it needed to be taken down, other than JWBL and Buckstrap getting their feelings hurt? Even then, nobody was hating on them. Quinn and I had a civil disscusion going on even though we may not have agreed on things.

What exactly is the criteria for deleting posts?

actually there have been no feelings hurt

it seems that there always seems to be an issue with moderation on this board

which is cool, I can understand people feeling the need to bicker

in that case, if you want stricter moderation which you've asked for goodluck, just remember you asked for it, if it's not how you like it don't come crying

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 09:44 PM
actually there have been no feelings hurt

it seems that there always seems to be an issue with moderation on this board

which is cool, I can understand people feeling the need to bicker

in that case, if you want stricter moderation which you've asked for goodluck, just remember you asked for it, if it's not how you like it don't come crying

Oh great. Now the threats come. :( Now I have to wonder if any of my posts will show up. Thanks. Sorry I am such hater on this board.

Look...as long as it's done FAIRLY and EQUALLY, to everyone, then what's the problem? The question is, can you do that? Some people always laugh at the girls saying they have such thin skin, and yet, if you say anything about a mod, you guys get your feeling hurt quicker than anyone else and delete the offending posts. Please don't tell me that isn't a double standard. I wouldn't even be talking about it NOW if you had just left the thread up. It would have died a natural death.

Still, I'd like to know for my own information, what is the criteria for removing posts. And if there isn't one, please let me know that too.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-10-2007, 09:48 PM
what threats?

who threatened anyone in this thread in any way?!?

I'm stating the OBVIOUS: you want things to change and the new crew of mods comes in and you think you'll have it your way and it will be worse, typical forum behavior, typical chatroom behavior

that's not a threat

lol @ the creator of such popular Hung Angels forum threads as: What I learned about men: 2005, or Pork Chops, let's not forget "Do you like the sun?" claiming I threatened her

In all fairness with the exception of those threads all you've basically done is bitch & moan as of late, but we mods are supposedly the ones with the hurt feelings

smh

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but that sounded very threat-like to me. Jeez, Johnny, dial down a little. You have to dig up posts from two years ago to "prove" I'm unstable or something? Is that your point? How did I become the devil in your eyes? For someone who hasn't had his feelings hurt at all, you seem to be taking this very personally.

Some posts I talk about serious things. Some posts I use humor. Some posts I try to be goofy. You couldn't understand that? I know people are dissapointed that I don't post pics, but that's my choice, OK?

So... ALL I've been doing is bitching and moaning lately? Interesting.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for not answering my question. :(

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Here we go, this coming from a dude who pm'd me on yahoo instant messenger last night under some alias..........

I've never threatened you, once again as stated in another thread I simply said if you felt strongly enough to say what you have so much heart to say on this forum to me in public, you could come down to Allanah's Party and say it to me in person. That's not a threat that's simply an invitation............

Saying to True to be careful what one wishes for is not a threat, it's a fact, as stated above I won't repeat it again.......

If you feel threatened by an invitation Arianna, leave............. there's several other places for you to go, same goes for anyone honestly. If the moderation of this board bothers you that much go somewhere else. Don't think that whining about it will change anything................ it won't.

If anything is threatening right now Arianna it would have to be that horrid avatar you have up, I'm sure assholes are tightening worldwide as you read this

chefmike
03-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I hate it when mommy and daddy fight.

MrsKellyPierce
03-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Can I spear you Johnny lol since you think I was being mean to you last night or judging you in that particular thread :P

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-10-2007, 11:50 PM
there will be no spearing of the Black Label

and Kelly I didn't think that at all

I just thought it was weird that you wanted Jen to go to the owner when I had handled the matter at hand she had issues with

sidenote (cunakedtwo69) I have no idea who you are, so pm'ing me without telling me your username here on HA gets no response

oh yeah chef, you funny for that last comment
lol

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Here we go, this coming from a dude who pm'd me on yahoo instant messenger last night under some alias..........

I've never threatened you, once again as stated in another thread I simply said if you felt strongly enough to say what you have so much heart to say on this forum to me in public, you could come down to Allanah's Party and say it to me in person. That's not a threat that's simply an invitation............

Saying to True to be careful what one wishes for is not a threat, it's a fact, as stated above I won't repeat it again.......

If you feel threatened by an invitation Arianna, leave............. there's several other places for you to go, same goes for anyone honestly. If the moderation of this board bothers you that much go somewhere else. Don't think that whining about it will change anything................ it won't.

If anything is threatening right now Arianna it would have to be that horrid avatar you have up, I'm sure assholes are tightening worldwide as you read thisYou can keep calling me "dude", but from now on I'm calling you "bitch".

With that out of the way, I've never IMed you in my life. Put the pipe down, bitch. You hate me because I know some stuff about you. Recognize and come correct, bitch.

yeah ok, so the charlies angels voice chat comment was meant for????

lol calling me a bitch does nothing for me Arianna, you're still a man pretending to be a transgender, that's it, there are cross dresser forums that wouldn't have you, and the sole purpose of you being here is to vent

vent on, sir

MrsKellyPierce
03-11-2007, 12:00 AM
there will be no spearing of the Black Label

and Kelly I didn't think that at all

I just thought it was weird that you wanted Jen to go to the owner when I had handled the matter at hand she had issues with

sidenote (cunakedtwo69) I have no idea who you are, so pm'ing me without telling me your username here on HA gets no response

oh yeah chef, you funny for that last comment
lol oh so you are the spearee Is that how you'd spell that? lol

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-11-2007, 12:07 AM
now the lies come out

whatever SIR

Kelly, I have always had the spear, thrown the spear, cleaned the spear, and packed it away, lol

specialk
03-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Lets just take a timeout here peolple. Can I make a suggestion or 2?
For openers, let me say that to be a MOD here is a thankless job. Just this week, someone suggested a ranking change be made. The MODS went for it and voila...we have new twinkly stars. A few days later, JWBL wants to do some "house cleaning" and a shit storm erupts.

Perhaps we can learn from the past folks. Remember when the politics and religion threads were taking over the general discussion area? Well, if you recall, the solution was to MOVE the P+R stuff to a new home...problem solved.

When the "spedius problem" erupted again, his stuff got dumped for the most part. I thought that was short sighted at best as his post could have been MOVED to a new location....like a person in The Witness Protection Program. LOL

Same for the "old and outdated" threads. Make a new home for them, make new homes for other threads if you must....but don't dump the stuff. Nobody like to see his or her stuff shit canned.

The P+R area works really well. Anyone who wants to partake knows where to look, and if it's not your cup of tea, you wont waste time going there. And!!!!the mods don't have to spend time relocating these post to the correct area (99% of the time).

I suggest w have an "off topic" area we all can use to post threads about the weather, ramen noodle recipes, pets, songs, jokes etc. How 'bout it?? My:2cent

blackmagic
03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
:( :cry: hatred has pleagued this forum :(

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
see that's the thing

here you go looking for backup, True Beauty is not part of this, stop needing a co-signer

no one has a problem with me being a mod except you Arianna aka SIR

you have had issues with me deleting threads or replies to threads you made that were derogative in the past and have accused me of deleting threads or replies you've made when I wasn't even signed on to HA

this is your problem, not anyone elses on the forum, you have the issue don't attempt to bring anyone else into it

I'll gladly call you sir, and I think it's amazing how you pop shit in text after you've called or pm'd some girls asking questions about me

I also find it interesting how you played the race card in the past using my nationality as an attack

so I'll tell you what I will be the moderator you so desperately wanted as of this point

every word you say will be reviewed, if it is any way shape or form out of line it will be deleted

TomSelis
03-11-2007, 01:36 AM
*plays Disturbed "Down with the Sickness"*

suckseed
03-11-2007, 02:48 AM
As a famous bandleader once said, "He who pays the piper gets to call the tune."

tsntx
03-11-2007, 04:04 AM
now the lies come out

whatever SIR

Kelly, I have always had the spear, thrown the spear, cleaned the spear, and packed it away, lol

if theres really a need to "clean" the spear... you need new targets lol

Fockzilla
03-11-2007, 04:12 AM
I don't know if anybody has brought this up yet, but... that chat thing doesn't work... at least not for me. Tried registering twice on two browsers. Nothing.

TrueBeauty TS
03-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, at the risk of being banned I just want my voice on record that I disagree with how inconsistent the board is moderated.

JWBL, I'm sure you don't care in the least, but I did lose a lot of respect for you on this one.

:(

Felicia Katt
03-11-2007, 09:21 AM
From Wikipedia

Moderation is the process of eliminating or lessening extremes. It is used to ensure normality throughout the medium on which it is being conducted. A moderator may remove unsuitable contributions from the website, forum or IRC channel they represent in accordance with their moderation system.

Maybe its just my idealistic nature, but I think moderators should be neutral, and if they can't be, they shouldn't act. They can leave it to another moderator to make the decisions that their own feelings may be catalyzing

Wikipedia also offer this:

A neutron moderator is used to slow down neutrons in a nuclear reactor.

Thats a pretty good analogy to this place at times. It can have great energy, but it can also turn toxically radioactive or outright explode. Cutting off entire posts or a poster may avert that. But it can also shut down the power completely. People who work in nuclear reactors wear thick safety clothing, but still expect to absorb some radiation, all to keep the juice flowing. Moderators here should have thick skins, yet still expect to absorb some heat now and then. As for the juice, I will leave that analogy alone :)

FK

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-16-2007, 06:46 AM
As a few of you already see I've deleted some topics that were dead in the water.

JWBL, How about killing..err deleting moronic posters? People who dont read threads and just comment based on a single line they saw within the thread? LOL :lol:

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-16-2007, 06:56 AM
http://mindblob.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/terminator_1.jpg

Tanuki
06-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Johnnie,, I generally think you have good opinions on things and can be quite funny. Your like the god of Ha..
Whered you come from. How did you get involved with this place.. Do you get paid? Are you like an owner or something.. There are other moderators also?? And who owns this .. Vicki Richter..

Is there a thread about the history of Ha.

BlackAdder
06-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Im all for stricter moderation as long as its sensible....Theres alot of people who log on and start out...badly...heh...

Allanahs deleting of posts though just screamed temper tantrum and thats the only time ive had problems here.

Legend
06-16-2007, 07:17 AM
I suggest w have an "off topic" area we all can use to post threads about the weather, ramen noodle recipes, pets, songs, jokes etc. How 'bout it?? My:2cent

Good idea, threads that are thoughtful and acquire serious replies shouldn't bumped down because someone wants to know if anyone could suck their own penis or would they kiss a gorilla.It's weird from one day your discussing a serious transgendered topic or having fun with a freindly topic(comics,videogames etc)and then someone comes out of no where with a question like the "k9 sex and shemales" thread.