PDA

View Full Version : Resurrecting old threads

Linsey
03-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I have noticed that in the past few days a coiple of threads that wre dead and buried seem to have new life. That leads me to two questions:

1. Are topics ever closed on this siite?

2. Is it better to bring a thread back from the dead or to start a new one on the same topic from scratch?

I bow to the collective wisdom of the forum on these questions.

-Linsey :)

03-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Collective wisdom sucks. Let me tell you how it is. :lol:

No

New

BeardedOne
03-09-2007, 02:42 AM
1. Are topics ever closed on this siite?

2. Is it better to bring a thread back from the dead or to start a new one on the same topic from scratch?

I'm not speaking in an official capacity here, but I get the impression that some threads die a quick and merciful death at the hands of the mods while others lurk in the shadows until some Grand Poobah resurrects them with the wave of a virtual wand.

As for restarting old threads: Did it have really, really good pix of hot, hot gurls? Bring it on!!! :peanutbutter

ILuvGurls
03-09-2007, 03:14 AM
^^^^^^ what he said

Fox
03-09-2007, 03:17 AM
One day in a year or two I'm gonna revive this thread just for the irony of it all.

chefmike
03-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Collective wisdom sucks. Let me tell you how it is. :lol:

No

NewLMFAO..

Collective wisdom?

You know as much about wisdom as the crooks and liars in the whitehouse know about WMD's, chump.

Same as it ever was..

You remain irrelevent, TFool...

Kabuki
03-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Some threads are better left dead, and then some threads are a joy to see again :D I wonder if all these Kelly threads will survive after 6 months :wink:

Linsey
03-09-2007, 03:37 AM
One day in a year or two I'm gonna revive this thread just for the irony of it all.

LMAO. Now will I still be viewing this site in a couple of years to enjoy the irony, or will this post outlive my active participation on this forum?

-Linsey :lol:

peggygee
03-09-2007, 04:45 AM
It sometimes may be good to revive old threads because with
new people the thread may get different responses or the new
people may be able to profit from the old thread.

Also, sometimes good threads get pushed down because of flame
wars or other reasons, time of day etc.

Kriss
03-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Definately NOT better to start from scratch. Some old threads especially those started by Peggy Gee and Hara_Juku are excellent sources of information. I have bookmarked many of Peggy's informative responses, sometimes she posts blocks of stats and great info for noobs and rookies, tricks and chasers and the ignorant masses. These old threads are GOLD. not comedy or cock pics but real good info which will completely answer many Frequently Asked questions

new people may be able to profit from the old thread.

Word

Also, sometimes good threads get pushed down because of flame wars or other reasons, time of day etc.

Double Word

otherguy
03-09-2007, 08:01 AM
bump

because you asked for it.

francisfkudrow
03-09-2007, 08:06 AM
I would think that given some people's emphasis on using the search function and not repeating previous topics, it would be better to ressurrect an old thread than start a new one and be told to use the search function!