PDA

View Full Version : CSI Tonight

Realgirls4me
11-19-2004, 03:37 AM
Real girls are going to be on, or just GGs portraying TS women ? So is the good doctor a transsexual ?

Thanks for the info by the way. I'll try to watch it tonight. :)

Bigguy
11-19-2004, 05:02 AM
I just finished watching it, I thought it was a very good episode. We should hold of on details until the west coast gets to watch. :D

Realgirls4me
11-19-2004, 05:09 AM
I just finished watching it, I thought it was a very good episode. We should hold of on details until the west coast gets to watch. :D

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don't leave the Best coast hanging like that. Okay, okay, I was just kidding, but please let us know if real TS women are actually in it, and not any GG faux ones. You can tell us that much, huh ???

Hee-hee! :lol:

Bigguy
11-19-2004, 05:21 AM
I think it was the combination of both. Well some were definitely male, probably not trannys in real live. (probably 20+ trannys portrayed in the episode)

Ecstatic
11-19-2004, 06:14 AM
I agree with Bigguy; several of the trannys seen in bar/club settings looked like men in drag to me. Some looked like gg's playing tg's. There were 2 or 3 who I thought might be real tg's and good looking ones at that. I think it was realistic to a point, concerning a certain cross-section of the transgendered community, and had a sympathetic surgeon and a counselor who starts out sympathetic...no, I don't want to give the plot away. Some of it seemed too brutal and dark; I'm sure what was depicted goes on, and that's sad and should be exposed, but I think the general impression was a mix of dignity and respect with a heavy hand on some of the darker elements which may overemphasize those elements. Yet they could have sensationalized it a whole lot more than they did, and they touched on a lot of important issues. On the other hand, they did seem to use actors/actresses who were very easily clocked: there was no one who was supposed to be ts who was not easily id'd as such.

tslvr
11-19-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a mix of tg and gg. The doctor was a gg, but I have to admit, when the husband said he had just given fellatio to his wife, I almost shot my load right there.

SPOOKABLE_TRANNY
11-19-2004, 10:43 PM
The TS who was supposedly killed in the begining was a GG, Sarah Buxton, who does look like a transsexual because she has that rather 'fake' look. But the black TS who they inerviewed at the club was a TS/CD because it sounded like a gay man.

Ecstatic
11-20-2004, 12:06 AM
It looks like the network did their best to hire actual TSs rather than GGs to play them, but given the rather mannish appearance of most of these, I suspect more TVs in the mix than TS. Only a guess. In any event, although I thought the show dwelt too much on the seamy side, it was a truer and less exploitative view than one normally sees.

zerrrr
11-20-2004, 05:26 AM
I thought they handled everything quite well. You got to see a pretty wide cross-section of the lifestyle and they were shown with respect which is how they portray the victimized side on the show. They tend to show everyone as equals, characters that are expected to be hedonistic are normal people and the quiet, normal suburbanites have an underlying hedonistic side. I have been a big fan of the show since the start and while this one may not be my favorite is was one of the better episodes.

tjinla
11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Too bad that bar isn't for real. It sure looked better than the Las Vegas Lounge which is one of the biggest dumps in Vegas.

ONEWORLD
11-23-2004, 08:08 AM
MOST OF THE TG'S WERE DEFINITELY SPOOKABLE BUT LIKE SOME OTHERS SAID, THE SHOW WAS PRETTY TRUE TO LIFE. I KNEW THIS SHOW WAS GONNA BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT WHEN I CLOCKED THOSE SHOWGIRLS IN THE DRESSING ROOM, AND NO ONE ON THE SHOW EVEN MENTIONED THAT THEY WERE TS'S.

...But the black TS who they inerviewed at the club was a TS/CD because it sounded like a gay man...

YEAH, IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, HER NAME IS SILKIE MUNRO. SHE'S WELL KNOWN IN THE PAGEANT SYSTEM.