PDA

View Full Version : Vice's Squad Takes the Hit!

chefmike
03-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Vice's squad takes the hit!

NY Daily News

The government got Scooter Libby yesterday, got an underboss to the vice president of the United States, Richard Cheney. They got Libby on four of five counts against him in the end, got him for lying about how the name of a CIA agent was leaked to the media. These were small lies folded into the much bigger ones that got us into the war in Iraq in the first place, a war Cheney wanted more than anybody and became obsessed with justifying.
Libby is convicted now, even though he will probably never serve a day of time, even though he may be able to drag the whole process out until George W. Bush pardons him. Libby is convicted and Cheney should have the grace to resign. Except that this vice president has no grace, or sense of honor, just contempt for all those who disagree with him, about weapons of mass destruction or anything else.

So when a former ambassador named Joseph Wilson came back from Africa in 2002 and dismissed reports that Saddam Hussein had tried to acquire uranium there as a way of building those weapons of mass destruction, dismissed them prominently in an Op-Ed piece in The New York Times newspaper, this White House went after him as if he were as much of a threat as Saddam.

Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, worked as a CIA operative and before long her name was in a Robert Novak column. And now something that began with a busy week of gossip and leaks and whispers in the summer of 2002 ended yesterday with the conviction of Scooter Libby for lying to the FBI and perjuring himself and obstruction of justice.

Libby is not the first underboss to take a fall like this, just the one who took a fall yesterday for the sitting vice president of the United States, one who was the chief architect of a war built on lie after lie after lie, all the way to Building 18 of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and the shabby way the military heroes of this country and war have been treated there.

Cheney should go the way Kevin Kiley, the former commander of Walter Reed, now the surgeon general of the Army, should go. Libby's crimes deal with the runup to the war. Kiley is about the true cost of the war. Now everything runs together, the new lies and the old ones. As you watched Kiley trying to talk his way around the conditions of Building 18 in front of Congress, what you really saw was all of this President's men. You saw Cheney and Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, saw Michael Brown of FEMA and Michael Chertoff of Homeland Security.

You know what's amazing about this administration? They couldn't find a way to get Bernie Kerik on their team. He would have fit right in with these guys.

Libby just happens to be the liar who got prosecuted by Patrick Fitzgerald of Regis High School, New York City. Here was one of the jurors who listened to Fitzgerald quietly make his case, a man named Denis Collins, standing in front of the courthouse and sounding as if the wrong man had been on trial, for the wrong crimes.

"Where's Rove?" he said. "Where are these other guys?"

"[Libby] was ... the fall guy," Denis Collins said.

Finally, Collins said, "[Libby] was tasked by the vice president to go out and talk to reporters."

About a war built on lies.

It all started with the ones about weapons of mass destruction and when Joe Wilson wouldn't play along, Cheney and his people went after him and it made about as much sense as Richard Nixon's men going after Lawrence O'Brien, the head of the Democratic National Committee, trying to get something on O'Brien or the Democrats by bugging their offices at a place called the Watergate.

O'Brien shouldn't have mattered to Nixon. Wilson should never have mattered this much to Cheney. Clearly Fitzgerald didn't have enough to go after Cheney, or Rove. So Libby is the one who got fingerprinted as a felon yesterday. They got an awful lot of underbosses in the Nixon administration before he finally realized he was through and resigned in the summer of 1974.

You wonder if it will happen sometime this summer for Cheney. Maybe he can say he is quitting for medical reasons, instead of saying it is for the good of George Bush or his party or even the country.

Maybe he starts moving for the door right now. Cheney was treated this week for a blood clot in his left leg, called a deep venous thrombosis. The outgoing vice president was not treated at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he really belonged, where the verdict on the lies of Iraq is handed down every single day.

White_Male_Canada
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
You`re an amusing propagandist.

CNN WOLF BLITZER REPORTS Aired July 14, 2005 - 17:00 ET

BLITZER: But, basically, you still hold to the notion that the whole idea of sending someone to Niger originated in the Vice President's Office?

WILSON: No, no, no, no, no...The decision was made by the operations people at the CIA...And let me also say that raising the question was perfectly legitimate. Indeed, it was an important question to raise. The vice president would have been derelict in not raising it.

Had, in fact, there been evidence of uranium sales from Niger to Iraq, it would have demonstrated conclusively that Saddam Hussein was attempting to reconstitute his nuclear weapons program. The fact that there wasn't evidence to that effect should have reassured the U.S. government that, at least on this side, there was no evidence.

( In 2003-04, the Senate Intelligence Committee spent considerable time investigating why the CIA got the intelligence wrong on Iraq. As part of that mandate, staffers delved into the Niger mission.

First, it reported that, despite Mr. Wilson's denials, he did get the Niger assignment because of his wife. When her unit, the Counterproliferation Division, got word that Mr. Cheney wanted the yellowcake report investigated, Mrs. Plame recommended him to her boss, and she put it in writing.

The Senate investigators reported that Mr. Wilson did, in fact, find evidence that an Iraqi overture to buy yellowcake may have occurred. To Republicans, this meant Mr. Wilson's op-ed in the New York Times -- the essay that triggered the whole affair -- was inaccurate, just as Mr. Libby contended to Mrs. Miller that it was.

In an addendum to the bipartisan report, Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts, Kansas Republican, wrote that "public comments from the former ambassador, such as comments that his report 'debunked' the Niger-Iraq uranium story, were incorrect and have led to a distortion in the press and in the public's understanding of the facts surrounding the Niger-Iraq uranium story. The committee found that, for most analysts, the former ambassador's report lent more credibility, not less, to the reported Niger-Iraq uranium deal." )

WILSON: My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity.

chefmike
03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
GUILTY!!

chefmike
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
:P

chefmike
03-09-2007, 03:03 AM
8)

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
have you guys ever seen that photo of rumsfeld shakin saddams hand back in the 80's...i guess that makes him complicit with the terrorists!!

03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
have you guys ever seen that photo of rumsfeld shakin saddams hand back in the 80's...i guess that makes him complicit with the terrorists!!

Wait! I thought you libtards said Saddam Hussein didn't support the terrorists? LMAO

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 09:44 AM
i was refering to rumsfeld...not saddam.have you seen the photo in question?i think it was taken in 1980 or 81 and rummy was sent to iraq durin the iraq/iran war to see if halliburton and u.s.a. could help saddam build a pipeline for his oil thru jordan and the such free from iran and the persian gulf....

03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
i was refering to rumsfeld...not saddam.have you seen the photo in question?i think it was taken in 1980 or 81 and rummy was sent to iraq durin the iraq/iran war to see if halliburton and u.s.a. could help saddam build a pipeline for his oil thru jordan and the such free from iran and the persian gulf....

You said that by Rummy shaking hands with Saddam, Rummy is complicit with the terrorists.

I thought you libtards said that Saddam wasn't supporting terrorists?

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 09:48 AM
inever said i was liberal and you guys keep sayin saddam was in line with the terrorists!!so which is it.rummy complicit or not?

03-09-2007, 09:54 AM
inever said i was liberal and you guys keep sayin saddam was in line with the terrorists!!so which is it.rummy complicit or not?

I'll say it again. You said Saddam wasn't aiding terrorists. Then you said that because Rumsfeld shook hands with Saddam, he was complicit with the terrorists.

Those statements contradict each other. How do you account for that?

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 10:04 AM
when did I say saddam was helpin terrorists.that was bush/cheney's line all along.so rummy by shakin this hand was in lin with them?have you seen this photo.it might not be on the radio news...

03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
when did I say saddam was helpin terrorists.that was bush/cheney's line all along.so rummy by shakin this hand was in lin with them?have you seen this photo.it might not be on the radio news...

How would a photo be on the "radio news"? :lol:

Ok, I'm messing with you. I know what you're talking about.

Rumsfeld shook hands with Saddam. What's the fuss about? At the time, we had an interest in bashing the Ayatollah over the head. Saddam helped us, then got out of line with a power grab over Kuwait and we had to sick Luca Brasi on him. So?

Let it be a lesson to all potential Don Barzini's out there. Don't get out of line. That means you, Kim Jon Il

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
maybe we should have gotten our ferrin policy together with what we we really needed.i dont understand u.s middle east policy since about 1980...much of what causes problems now could have been avoided with the right moves back then...

03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
maybe we should have gotten our ferrin policy together with what we we really needed.i dont understand u.s middle east policy since about 1980...much of what causes problems now could have been avoided with the right moves back then...

Dude, you're monday morning quarter-backing. Give me a DeLorean time machine and I'll go back and warn the Christian Founding Fathers who wrote the constitution. I'll say "I'm Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan. Make it a law.... do not use crude oil! Crude Oil= Terrorism"

And they'll be like "Terrorism? O RLY? WTF is that? You mean that it's not just countries who suicide bomb?"

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 10:42 AM
dude ..crude erl =profits...what the fuck have we been gettin with the current policy in the middle east since 1980?is the erl in isreal?or saudi arabia,iran,iraq,libya,..yeah the suez is important but the 82nd airborne and egypt could have taken care of that with the right ferrin polcy intact....

03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
dude ..crude erl =profits...what the fuck have we been gettin with the current policy in the middle east since 1980?is the erl in isreal?or saudi arabia,iran,iraq,libya,..yeah the suez is important but the 82nd airborne and egypt could have taken care of that with the right ferrin polcy intact....

Ok, let me hop into the DeLorean and tell that to the Christian Founders. "Crude Oil= Profits" They'll say "WTF is crude oil?"

Stop the quarterbacking, seriously. Peace always has the easy answer, especially after the crimes been committed.

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 10:53 AM
splain that to the national guard guys over there tryin to keep families together and get college tuition while protectin the deciders agenda...

03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
splain that to the national guard guys over there tryin to keep families together and get college tuition while protectin the deciders agenda...

O I C. So those guys must be stupid for taking an oath to protect America?

qeuqheeg222
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
no this has nothing to do with monday mernin q.bing.that is you(once i again i say why aint you in the marines or halliburton).at least al gore and kerry stepped foot on viet nam soil.where were bush and cheny(5 deferments)?protectin us from the commies?