PDA

View Full Version : Realistic expectations

Linsey
03-07-2007, 03:55 AM
While I know everyone is different and results may vary widely. I am trying to figure out what changes that I can realistically expect from taking a hormone regimen without having any surgery done. (In other words no FFS, SRS, implants, orchi, etc.). Howver, I plan to have laser hair removal done on my face.

The reason I am asking is that I am working on my long range plan for my transition and am trying to figure out what surgery expemses I may be looking at 2-3 years down the road.

Thanks in advance,
Linsey :)

suckseed
03-07-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm just a guy, but obviously the younger you start the better. Someone started a thread about this...I think about two weeks ago, and was given some links to check out - you should search for it. Welcome to the board, watch out for trolls under the bridge...

Linsey
03-07-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm just a guy, but obviously the younger you start the better. Someone started a thread about this...I think about two weeks ago, and was given some links to check out - you should search for it. Welcome to the board, watch out for trolls under the bridge...

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the Web was not around like it is now when I was younger. I have read and bbokmarked a lor of the stuff on the Web. The problem is that it is all over the place. Each girl takes a different path through their transition. THe path I am looking at is to delay surgery as long as possible and see what develops.

BTW, I never enter a forum or a chat room without having my troll gun handy, and it has the notches in the handle to prove I know how to use it.

-Linsey :)

suckseed
03-07-2007, 04:31 AM
Here's that thread.
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=15654&start=0

peggygee
03-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Your mileage definetely may vary, however here is a program
that will aid in monitoring your progress.

TransLog
Official TransLog HomePage

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/resources/translog/default.asp

Transition Body Measurement
and Medication Logging

While undergoing a regimen of hormonal feminization, keeping a diary or log of physical progress and medication/hormone usage can be very helpful in making the most of your physical transition.

Over the years, we have tailored a variety of record keeping strategies for our patients. TransLog provides a database application for recording body measurements and medications as a freeware Windows application for our online visitors.

A photorealistic model is included in TransLog Help (Help Topics/see Data Entry) to assist in accurate and consistent measurement taking. Measurement and medication data can be viewed in standard spreadsheet format. TransLog data is stored in dBase (*.dbf) format, allowing for easy import into a variety of database and spreadsheet applications.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/translog_features3.gif

PillCount Utility

TransLog now contains a utility for calculating when your medication supply will run out. This utility is most helpful in keeping track of medications that are taken multiple times a day and/or in larger quantities, such as Spironolactone 25mg. PillCount can also calculate weekly medications such as transdermal patches.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/PillCount.gif

PillCount is installed with TransLog. It can be launched from TransLog's Utility menu or directly from its own icon.

http://www.transgendercare.com/dload/tlog_022-setup.exe

blackmagic
03-07-2007, 05:18 AM
FFS

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffs-support/?yguid=255941399

Hormones

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TsDoItYourselfHormones/?yguid=255941399

arc angel
03-07-2007, 05:28 AM
suckseed, you know of the bridge kid trolls? ..

Caleigh
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
depending on how your body reacts from hormones it's very possible to transition and "pass" without any kind of surgery at all. if you don't consider yourself particularly attractive you kinda need to remember that there are lots of not particularly attractive women out there and that transition is about gender not about becoming some plastic barbie doll simulacrum of a stereotype.

2cents

tsntx
03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
depends on what you look like now and what your goal to look like is

nothing wrong w/ surgery... you dont have to go overboard w/ it and go to extremes of fem features... just enough to make your natural features appear to be fem naturally

Linsey
03-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks everyone for replying. I appreciate all of your comments.

Peggy, I checked out that software. It looks OK, but not quite what I would need. I have some better software already installed on my PC that can do most of that stuff already.

Caleigh and TSnTX, I appreciate your comments also. I am not looking to be ultra-fem. My big hands and big feet have eliminated that option. What I am looking for is just to be able to pass the cursory inspection that you get from people walking the opposite way on a sidewalk and such. There are some very beautiflul Tgirls on this forum, and I am not delusional enough to think that I will ever hold a candle to any of them.

blackmagic and suckseed, I have read the posts and been to the groups that you have suggested before I posted this topic. I had at one time considered going the DIY route on hormones, but a quick scan of the prices for them on the Internet put an end to that thought. So, I am going to go the safe and hopefully cheaper route.

Once again, thanks to all.

MrsKellyPierce
03-08-2007, 01:55 AM
I plan on getting a nose job, trachea shave, and brow lift.

tsntx
03-08-2007, 04:30 AM
big hands and feet have nothing to do w/ making your look ultra fem... paris hilton wears a size 11 and shes pretty fem and fairly passable as a female.. lol... if big hands and feet are your biggest concern... you have no probs

i wear a 13.... and what i STILL look good :D

Vala_TS
03-08-2007, 05:32 AM

Are you fucking serious? You look perfect and I do mean perfect already!

Vala,

Linsey
03-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks Jen for the vote of confidence. I do have plenty of other concerns, but most of them are correctable or concealable. I don;t know maybe it is just paranoid on my part to think that when I go out dressed that no matter how good I look, people will see the male side of me when they look at my hands or feet.

BTW, I love that pic you attached.

MrsKellyPierce
03-08-2007, 05:41 AM

Are you fucking serious? You look perfect and I do mean perfect already!

Vala, Awe well thank you, but we all see our own faults that we would like to fix. I am fixing these things for myself, not for other people sweety.

Vala_TS
03-08-2007, 05:52 AM
Ok, whatever. Although, I advise against it. Just don't go overboard and end up looking like a freak!

Vala,

Trogdor
03-08-2007, 07:51 AM

Good luck. Though someone already said you don't really need that, I know what you mean. I myself wanna get a very minor bit of lipo to get my abs ( which look better than average, I tell you what ) into a nice 8 pack, despite some people telling me don't do it.

Now I could figure out who the right doc would be to meet. :?

DJ_Asia
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
not to discourage but no matter how hot one is,or how much work theyve put in,guys will spot the feet and hands thing...

The night i met my ex g/f Anna(rip)my friend was with me and all he could say was..."whats up with her feet?"Now mind you Anna Alexandre as we all know was STUNNING,but my buddy checked the feet right off.I dont know if he clocked her or not but he did notice the largeness of her Nikes.

My point is dont try to overconpensate for suchthings...just do what u can do to make yourself look and feel better and dont sweat what cant be helped.

Kriss
03-08-2007, 03:53 PM
.... and what i STILL look good :D

Holy shit! Is that YOU in that pic jen?

:crazy :whoa :hitit

tsntx
03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
^^ lol duh?

MrsKellyPierce
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Ok, whatever. Although, I advise against it. Just don't go overboard and end up looking like a freak!

Vala, ha ha no lol just softening the hardedges is all.

MrsKellyPierce
03-08-2007, 09:24 PM

Good luck. Though someone already said you don't really need that, I know what you mean. I myself wanna get a very minor bit of lipo to get my abs ( which look better than average, I tell you what ) into a nice 8 pack, despite some people telling me don't do it.

Now I could figure out who the right doc would be to meet. :? Dr. Alter is good

MrsKellyPierce
03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
not to discourage but no matter how hot one is,or how much work theyve put in,guys will spot the feet and hands thing...

The night i met my ex g/f Anna(rip)my friend was with me and all he could say was..."whats up with her feet?"Now mind you Anna Alexandre as we all know was STUNNING,but my buddy checked the feet right off.I dont know if he clocked her or not but he did notice the largeness of her Nikes.

My point is dont try to overconpensate for suchthings...just do what u can do to make yourself look and feel better and dont sweat what cant be helped. Not all transexual woman have big feet I wear a size 71/2 in womens.

Vala_TS
03-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I wear size 10 women's. Not bad I guess.

Vala,

Linsey
03-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Geez, these girls with these smaller feet. I wear a womens size 12. I wish I could wear a 10. There are no telling how many pairs of shoes that I have passed up because they weren't in my size.

-Linsey

Vala_TS
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Geez, these girls with these smaller feet. I wear a womens size 12. I wish I could wear a 10. There are no telling how many pairs of shoes that I have passed up because they weren't in my size.

-Linsey

Sorry to hear about that.

Wow, and I thought I my feet were a little too big!

Vala,

tsmandy
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
How about size 13 narrow? Just about impossible to find an attractive boot that fits, flats are easier.

Big hands and feet are not that big of a deal unless you are looking to wear this seasons fashions, then you are shit out of luck.

tsntx
03-10-2007, 07:19 AM
^^ not true at all... i wear a 13 and i always wear trendiest shoes... if you have the money you can even get designers to make your size ... special orders... online... payless.com...specialty stores... the only thing you cant do is walk into a dept. store and expect to see your fav pair of w/e in a 13... but you can online

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Linsey,

So much depends on what you were born with and how early you start.

That being said, even if you weren't born with any really "feminine" features and started later in life, you can still pass. It's not impossible. You may not look like Pam Anderson, but you can STILL live a nice life.

Of course, cosmetic surgery can help with many things if you have the money. Hormones can do wonders, but they are still not the magic bullet we often wish them to be.

I think the thing that will help you pass most, is when you finally feel comfortable with yourself, as you are.

My motto is, as long as they don't spit on me when I walk down the street or do physical violence to me, I can handle life. If someone clocks you now and then, BFD.

Take a look at some of these women...

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/TSgallery1.html

Charlie Sheen
03-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Nice ladies, indeed. Particularly this one:

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/Vanessa%20V/Vanessa's%20Story.html

;-)

Linsey
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Linsey,

So much depends on what you were born with and how early you start.

That being said, even if you weren't born with any really "feminine" features and started later in life, you can still pass. It's not impossible. You may not look like Pam Anderson, but you can STILL live a nice life.

Of course, cosmetic surgery can help with many things if you have the money. Hormones can do wonders, but they are still not the magic bullet we often wish them to be.

I think the thing that will help you pass most, is when you finally feel comfortable with yourself, as you are.

My motto is, as long as they don't spit on me when I walk down the street or do physical violence to me, I can handle life. If someone clocks you now and then, BFD.

Take a look at some of these women...

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/TSgallery1.html

Thanks TrueBeauty for your thoughts. I have no desire to look like Pam Anderson or anyone like that. My goal is to become anonymous. By which I mean that I don't stand out in the crowd. I would like to be able to pass enough that if I were to walk into a store and buy something that after I leave the store no one makes comments about me being there.

I know that I do not pass real well now, but I am not too self-conscious about it when I go out. Due to an accident at birth, I have very limited peripheral vision. So unless, someone says something where I can hear them or is standing in front of me and starting, I do not notice them. Still I know that I have a long way to go before I feel that my outside truely matches my inside.

Thanks for the link, I actually have that site bookmarked and refer to it from time to time for imspiration when I am wondering if my journey is worth it.

TrueBeauty TS
03-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks TrueBeauty for your thoughts. I have no desire to look like Pam Anderson or anyone like that. My goal is to become anonymous. By which I mean that I don't stand out in the crowd. I would like to be able to pass enough that if I were to walk into a store and buy something that after I leave the store no one makes comments about me being there.

I know that I do not pass real well now, but I am not too self-conscious about it when I go out. Due to an accident at birth, I have very limited peripheral vision. So unless, someone says something where I can hear them or is standing in front of me and starting, I do not notice them. Still I know that I have a long way to go before I feel that my outside truely matches my inside.

Thanks for the link, I actually have that site bookmarked and refer to it from time to time for imspiration when I am wondering if my journey is worth it.

Being comfortable with yourself is a work in progress. It doesn't all happen at once.

Best wishes! :)