PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

Legend
03-06-2007, 06:47 AM
With the complete failure of enterprise what kind of concept do you think would work personlly i think a series based around the academy would work if they don't turn it into a star trek 90210,the down fall of enterprise had to do with alot of issues the boring captain and his crew that seemed like non of them had a personality and the show based most of the eposides around tapal which was a huge mistake.

The star trek movies are dead but what is laughable is the current talks of the next one will be staring matt damn as kirk and adrain brody as spock and they wonder why the movies tank so bad.

drtyprv
03-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Star Trek: Federation.

Pick up after Star Trek X and show the fallout of the Dominion war and Romulan senate execution. You do a few eps on Enterprise, a few on Rikers ship, some Janeway at the admiralty, a Vulcan survey ship, whatever ya want! You keep recognition, pay cameo prices instead of signing permanent cast and you can tell any story ya want.

That or just a whole ship full of Rikers.

-M

fueljunky0
03-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Capt. Jean Luc Piccard is a hero of mine. I love TNG and I absolutely love Voyager. The series is in a valley but it would only take one season of a good series to get it soaring again.

Kramer
03-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Why cant the TNG cast still make a movie?? Bring back Picard, Riker,and the rest. Without Data of course. :cry:

Quinn
03-06-2007, 06:56 AM
. . . what is laughable is the current talks of the next one will be staring matt damn as kirk and adrain brody as spock and they wonder why the movies tank so bad.

Please tell me you're joking. Adrien Brody as Spock??? Why don't they just use the kid who played Urkel? He would be about as appropriate.

-Quinn

P.S. So far as Star Trek is concerned, TNG was ok, DS9 was incredible, and Voyager was fucking terrible (Janeway completely sucked).

Legend
03-06-2007, 07:02 AM
. . . what is laughable is the current talks of the next one will be staring matt damn as kirk and adrain brody as spock and they wonder why the movies tank so bad.

Please tell me you're joking. Adrien Brody as Spock??? Why don't they just use the kid who played Urkel? He would be about as appropriate.

-Quinn

No joke and sadly i think its all true and i forgot that gary sinise is suppose to play McCoy this will be another horribly remake.

03-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Wait until the Star Wars series. That's might vote. They're gonna put StarTrack out of business.

a994
03-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Personally, I prefer the original "Star Trek," and have never gotten into any of the newer versions or the movies for that matter.

Legend
03-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Wait until the Star Wars series. That's might vote. They're gonna put StarTrack out of business.

Care to explain why?

03-06-2007, 09:51 AM

Care to explain why?

Nah.

Legend
03-06-2007, 09:55 AM

Care to explain why?

Nah.

Then your statement is meaningless,thanks for trying to participate in my thread anyway.

03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
My post is quite significant. StarTrack's day is over.

Legend
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM

Based on what technology,characters,story concepts what if your a true star wars fan you can explain why?

03-06-2007, 10:14 AM

Based on what technology,characters,story concepts what if your a true star wars fan you can explain why?

I can, I just don't feel like engaging in a sci-fi geekfight, which I am quite capable of. lol We could probably go on for weeks with why the Millenium Falcon can travel at lightspeed yet it takes the enterprise weeks to cover the same distance.

Want to talk about libs vs cons? Fine. But when it comes to sci-fi geek shit, it usually never ends.

xfiver
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Sure fire formula for a tank:

Scott Bakula + cheesy psuedo-pop intro music

Jolene Blalock was almost enough to override that red alert...but not quite.

Legend
03-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Sure fire formula for a tank:

Scott Bakula + cheesy psuedo-pop intro music

Jolene Blalock was almost enough to override that red alert...but not quite.

Bakula was a pretty bad captain he ranks up there with janeway as one of the worst.

03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Video for SW vs ST nubez :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4

xfiver
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Bakula was a pretty bad captain he ranks up there with janeway as one of the worst.

ugh...that voice - like scratching a chalkboard:

http://www.jupiter-station.com/sounds/threaten.wav

whenever she said "chakotay" i wanted to rip out her insides with one of those klingon kick ass sword things.

Coroner
03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
They should stop making any further Star Trek movies. As a big fan, I´d rather let it be a legend than make the Star Trek name ridiculous. The pre-TNG crew movies were great, the TNG series the best and some of the movies after also very good and this should be enough. But it´s biz and who asks the fans. I´m sure they´re gonna make a Casablanca-remake.

Trogdor
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, I say dont make a movie for a few more year, let it rest a little bit.

Right now, Star Trek TOS remastered is on the air, and it's enough for me.
Paramont needs to get rid of Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, THEN start thinking some new treck stuff.

And I was always bored with Star Wars. Traveling from one end of the galaxy ( which is all mapped :P ) in a few days, aliens with nine to five jobs, Jedis being over pompous asses, etc are kinda boring to me. I prefer Trek over Wars cause of the exploring the unknown thing. Call me odd, but I wanna see more of eploration and less politics and wars in Trek. That's one reason I liked TOS, TNG, Voyager ( to an extent ) and the first Trek Movie most.

Azanti
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
As long as Jonathan Frakes doesn't get to direct it, or indeed anything (You see Thunderbirds? Jesus Wept! I rest my case)

stillies77
03-07-2007, 06:17 AM
http://shadowmage.plinkomedia.com/images/Admiral-Ackbar-trap-sm.jpg

tommyj6168
03-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Am I the only one who noticed (maybe imagined) while watching Voyager that Janeway had a cock under her Starfleet uniform. I swear there was a bulge there!

fueljunky0
03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Am I the only one who noticed (maybe imagined) while watching Voyager that Janeway had a cock under her Starfleet uniform. I swear there was a bulge there!I wish! Her and Seven getting it on would have been awesome

xfiver
03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Am I the only one who noticed (maybe imagined) while watching Voyager that Janeway had a cock under her Starfleet uniform. I swear there was a bulge there!I wish! Her and Seven getting it on would have been awesome

ick - i'll never be able to watch voyager again.

Legend
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
The cast for the new trek movie is getting horrible by the day,

Chris Pine role of Captain Kirk
Karl Urban is to play the young Leonard 'Bones' McCoy
British actor Simon Pegg is to play a young Scotty
Eric Bana to play villain in new Star Trek
John Cho Is 'Star Trek's' New Sulu
Zoe Saldana To Play Lieutenant Uhura

The original cast better be involved in some kind of fashion.Why couldn't they get all the captains and crew from each series and do some kind of movie,the concept has been throw around for so many years and they decided just to do a remake of the orginal star trek blah.

BXCanada
10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
i'll probably end up going opening night anyway, it is scheduled to open christmas day 2008

cigarboopy
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM

Ok, the cast is honestly no so bad,
and this comes from a major Trek Geek.
Simon Pegg is brilliant, and I think will make a great Scotty.
and John Cho is inspired casting.
Add to your list Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) as Mister Spock.

The original cast better be involved in some kind of fashion...

Leonard Nimoy will have a cameo in the film.

...and they decided just to do a remake of the orginal star trek blah.

Strictly speaking, it's not a remake. It's more of a reimagining.
JJ Abrams has said that he doesn't want to screw with what has gone before, and he doesn't want to drive forward from the Romulan Senate Assasination / Dominion War timeframe.
Abrams says he has respect for the original material, but wants to start over from scratch, not hampered by all the continuity.

You know what he means ?
Basically he doesn't want to piss of the people (me included) who turned off Enterprise after 5 minutes, the moment that a Klingon bled red blood.

I'm okay with this approach. It's a reimagining, but one playing closer to the source material then say the new Battlestar Galactica.

Just My Opinion
CB

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
They better have Captain Christopher Pike in it or else they will definetaly ruin the Trek mythos from the very beginning and then I'll really be pissed!

eagleman12
10-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Babylon 5 was also a great series but that would start another debate of who has the bigger one. For all you die hard trekkies fans there is a site or group of people that has bought the last two years of the scripts of Star Trek TOS
remember it was suppose to be a 5 year mission. Well they have been making episodes but I to warn you they are on a shoe string budget and and they have no name actors playing the roles. They only have three eipsode made and ready for download. the first two are really campy bu the third was actually good with a good story line. If you are bored check it out

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/ :D :roll:

Legend
10-25-2007, 10:30 AM

Ok, the cast is honestly no so bad,
and this comes from a major Trek Geek.
Simon Pegg is brilliant, and I think will make a great Scotty.
and John Cho is inspired casting.
Add to your list Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) as Mister Spock.

The original cast better be involved in some kind of fashion...

Leonard Nimoy will have a cameo in the film.

...and they decided just to do a remake of the orginal star trek blah.

Strictly speaking, it's not a remake. It's more of a reimagining.
JJ Abrams has said that he doesn't want to screw with what has gone before, and he doesn't want to drive forward from the Romulan Senate Assasination / Dominion War timeframe.
Abrams says he has respect for the original material, but wants to start over from scratch, not hampered by all the continuity.

You know what he means ?
Basically he doesn't want to piss of the people (me included) who turned off Enterprise after 5 minutes, the moment that a Klingon bled red blood.

I'm okay with this approach. It's a reimagining, but one playing closer to the source material then say the new Battlestar Galactica.

Just My Opinion
CB

Yeah your probably right about the cast not being half but i hope this movie doesn't kill of start trek entirely,the last couple of movies were pure garbage and didnt help the franchise at all,i just hope this project doesn't give off the lost vibe if you know what a mean,all hype and no substance,thats what all jj abrams projects amount too.

Legend
10-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Babylon 5 was also a great series but that would start another debate of who has the bigger one. For all you die hard trekkies fans there is a site or group of people that has bought the last two years of the scripts of Star Trek TOS
remember it was suppose to be a 5 year mission. Well they have been making episodes but I to warn you they are on a shoe string budget and and they have no name actors playing the roles. They only have three eipsode made and ready for download. the first two are really campy bu the third was actually good with a good story line. If you are bored check it out

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/ :D :roll:

Thanks for the link.

KiraHarden
10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I was watching Deep Space Nine 10 yrs ago, and found my female name, that I still use have to this day. I had this other name and it really didnt work. As soon as I heard Kira, I knew that was the name I was searching for. Now yah know...

www.myspace.com/kiraharden
www.youtube.com/kiraharden
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/kiraharden

Legend
10-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I was watching Deep Space Nine 10 yrs ago, and found my female name, that I still use have to this day. I had this other name and it really didnt work. As soon as I heard Kira, I knew that was the name I was searching for. Now yah know...

I think thats pretty cool you took a star trek name,star trek DS9 had some of the coolest names ever odo,dax,dukat well julian isn't so cool but most of them are.

KiraHarden
10-25-2007, 12:12 PM

I think thats pretty cool you took a star trek name,star trek DS9 had some of the coolest names ever odo,dax,dukat well julian isn't so cool but most of them are.

I was using the name Kira Lords till about 2 yrs ago