PDA

View Full Version : Stand with Stanton petition

peggygee
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Less than a week after Largo City Manager Steve Stanton announced he was transgendered, the small Florida community's city commission fired him*. This is workplace discrimination, plain and simple. I just signed the 'Stand with Stanton' petition, and I hope you will too: http://nsrc.sfsu.edu/Petition.cfm

When the Commission fired Stanton, they ignored his excellent record as an energetic and effective leader. Stanton has received consistently positive performance reviews from the City Council and the Mayor while managing over 1,200 employees and the city's $130 million budget.

The promise of America is that if you are a good employee, you should be rewarded for it regardless of your race, creed, disability, gender or sexual orientation. Stanton's firing was an un-American display of workplace discrimination and this injustice should be reversed. Sign our 'Stand with Stanton' petition that we'll deliver to the City Commission in Largo, FL.

chefmike
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the info, I will.

hwbs
03-06-2007, 12:28 AM
i posted it last night...tried to bump it a few times :lol:

a994
03-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank you Peggy. I've already signed and sent it.

peggygee
03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
i posted it last night...tried to bump it a few times :lol:

Y'up great job.

Thank you for bringing it to the attention of the board.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/smiley_handsclap1.gif

And now let's keep it alive, so we can get this lady her job back.

Byrdman
03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Signed and sent, Peggy... hopefully many of us will get on board...

hwbs
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
remember that its not just a transgendered issue but a human issue...if U have ever been a victim of workplace discrimination U know what I mean...I have had it happen to me and I have seen it happen plenty of times to other people....sign the petition...U just have to leave an email address ,name , and zip code..

LG
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Peggy.

Legend
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Signed

wendy48088
03-08-2007, 09:09 AM
* Deleted *

Devon
03-08-2007, 09:16 AM
/signed

dan_drade
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Less than a week after Largo City Manager Steve Stanton announced he was transgendered, the small Florida community's city commission fired him*. This is workplace discrimination, plain and simple. I just signed the 'Stand with Stanton' petition, and I hope you will too: http://nsrc.sfsu.edu/Petition.cfm

When the Commission fired Stanton, they ignored his excellent record as an energetic and effective leader. Stanton has received consistently positive performance reviews from the City Council and the Mayor while managing over 1,200 employees and the city's $130 million budget.

The promise of America is that if you are a good employee, you should be rewarded for it regardless of your race, creed, disability, gender or sexual orientation. Stanton's firing was an un-American display of workplace discrimination and this injustice should be reversed. Sign our 'Stand with Stanton' petition that we'll deliver to the City Commission in Largo, FL.

Peggy,
Thanks for the post. I was not aware of this issue, but as soon as I saw it, I signed it too.