PDA

View Full Version : ...

hwbs
03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
i love music but i dont even have my 30 gig filled...its made for video and u shouldnt have trouble filling it cause qt files are usually very large in size...good luck :shock:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-05-2007, 06:35 PM
get yourself one of those dvd/avi/mpg to ipod convertors and put your favorite flicks from those dvd's laying around on the ipod

also

if you're into internet radio get winamp and stream ripper for winamp, and record whatever internet radio station you wish, it's cool because they will break each track down so it's like a real album

MrsKellyPierce
03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Come and Get Your Love - by Real Mccoy I love that song!

ILuvGurls
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Come and Get Your Love - by Real Mccoy I love that song!

??????, now that song will take all of about 6 megs.

elo
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Hmmm...some Sugababes-stuff.Marilyn Manson,Sean Paul,MIA,Wolfmother,The White Stripes,a little of The Vines...

muhmuh
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
lots of good songs on that show: http://scrubs.mopnt.com/music/

Legend
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
http://revision3.com/

swimnn
03-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Do you subscribe to newsgroups? Search for groups with "music" or "mp3" in the title. You'll see every type of music. Brouse through all the postings, it's like brousing an online music store. If you don't have a newsgroup browser, "Free Agent" is the best (and it's free!). Have fun.

Fox
03-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Do you listen to any podcasts? Those are always cool. My uncle (who is 2 years younger than me, haha) turned me on to Gorillaz's Demon Days which I've been sweatin' pretty hard this weekend.

What kind of music do you typically like?

Gillian
03-06-2007, 02:25 AM
If you're looking for music ideas, look no further than Pandora.com (http://www.pandora.com/).

Type in artist you like and it plays similar sounding stuff, much of which you won't have heard before. Great for broadening your musical horizons ... :D

hshenag
03-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Try Cansei de Ser Sexy.

They are really good.

vobre
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Pandora is a good idea, but I'll throw out some things you might like. Well, I like them at least....

Rock:
Franz Ferdinand
Radiohead
Interpol
The Strokes
Joy Division
The Pixies
Superchunk
My Bloody Valentine
The Minibosses (rock covers of old Nintendo music...better than you'd think)
The Fall
Big Country (a little 80s for ya)

Electronica:
Amon Tobin (jazzy Brazilian influenced)
Aphex Twin
Cliff Martinez
Massive Attack
Chemical Brothers
Autechre
Air
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Kraftwerk (80s)

Classical:
Beethoven Symphonies 5,6,9
Mozart - Requiem, Eine kleine Nachtmusik, Symphonies 40,41
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture
Holst - The Planets
Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

Opera:
Mozart - I pretty much like all his operas, but try Marriage of Figaro, The Magic Flute

Jazz:
I don't really listen to jazz, but if you like jazz and electronica, you should definitely listen to Amon Tobin

Hip-hop:
Grandmaster Flash
Sugar Hill Gang
Easy-E (Who doesn't like Boyz N Tha Hood?)
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
Nelly - Air Force One
Beastie Boys -
Jibbs
50 Cent

Right, so that's probably way too many and I could go on, but I don't want to overwhelm. If any of these strikes your fancy, I've got lots more ideas.

stillies77
03-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Mae - The Everglow

put the whole CD on there

dreamer
03-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Nevermore ---Enemies of Reality --

MonsieurValentine
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
clap your hands say yeah
jeff buckley
spoon
fiery furnaces
the walkmen
the shins
art pepper

vobre
03-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Wow, yeah, it's definitely good to see another fan of Amon Tobin. I saw him live in LA about 4 years ago, and it was pretty great, except that I went by myself because my friends at the time weren't into it. So you're right that I should've taken you in August, but I just didn't know about it. The funny thing is, I was living in New Haven CT at the time, having just finished grad school there (you're from CT originally, right?), so it could've happened. But next time, we're all over it.

One other thing: have you ever listened to any of the collections that are put out by the Hotel Costes in Paris? I had the good fortune to find the bar there years ago, and they had great DJs, so I was happy to see they put out CDs. I understand they're pretty popular, so maybe you've heard of them. If not, they might be worth checking out.

Fockzilla
03-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Everything on this page: http://home.earthlink.net/~coreygoldberg/albums.htm

That oughta provide some good listening material! :wink:

dantical
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Wu-tang
Nelly, Nelly furtado, ludacris nate dogg,.. just all Hip hop rīnīb ,... a looot of music!
I am collecting music videos for 3 years now,.. i got over 300 GB of clips,.. ;)