PDA

View Full Version : UFO's, Ghosts & other wierd phenomena...

Trogdor
03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately, thanks to the fucking brookings report, we are not gonna be told anything, no matter what is out there.

Wikipedia article of Brookings. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Report)

Richard C. Hoagland's article of Brookings. (http://www.enterprisemission.com/brooking.html)

More. (http://www.enterprisemission.com/tmm0014.html)

Sad, ain't it :?: :?

cantona5
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
i definately believe in all that stuff. I haven't really seen anything, but i have 'heard' things - no i don't hear voices in my head!
saw a weird UFO type thing once that i can't explain - looked like a giant fire-ball

south ov da border
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
They do exist. It's idiotic to think otherwise. UFO's are probably here all the time, but can't be seen b/c the speed of vibrtion they give. We as humans can only notice a fraction of what's out there with our 5 senses. The slower the vibrtions is what we can see. The rest is invisible, and to the common doubter, non-existent...

muhmuh
03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
ufos?
i dont think so:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/a/b/7/ab77ff7289d9893823192ead34fdbb3e.png

Caleigh
03-06-2007, 02:00 AM
UFO's absolutely exist, by definition.

Unidentified
Flying
Object

Therefore anything in the sky that is unidentified is a UFO. See how simple it is kids? :)

I saw a very interesting UFO TWICE when I was living in Toronto. And I saw it with other people. We were putting away the tables of the summer camp that we ran and one of the staff pointed up to the sky and said "What is THAT?!" It looked like a cluster of about a dozen balloons, mostly silver balloons but with 4 or 5 red ones mixed in. We all watched this object for about 5minutes and it seemed to be completely still except it was rotating slowly because you could sometimes see one or two or three red parts depending. We then had to get back to our work and when we were done, about an hour later it was still there.

Then a few nights later we were at a friends house having a pot luck and some drinks and one of us noticed that same object, now in a difffernt part of the sky. Still just hovering, still looking like a cluster of mostly silver but with some red balloons.

I doubt it was balloons because they would have drifted up and up and up until they were lost but these stayed in the same place for hours, on both occasions.

I have no idea what it was, therefore it was a UFO.

03-06-2007, 02:03 AM
No. There's no such thing as UFO's or a martian spacecraft. And if there is, I'll kick their ass!

Caleigh
03-06-2007, 02:04 AM
I do agree that the physical difficulty of travelling between solar systems is QUITE large. Pretty much impossible. If you are travelling very fast then even the tiniest object in your path would pierce right through your craft. Even at the speed of light it would take years, decades. On the other hand we don't know everything there is to know about physics and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.

muhmuh
03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.

none of which to my knowledge have found any way to overcome the (to our knowledge) impossibility to tavel faster than light which makes any ufos impossible or at least highly unlikely (not in the literal sense you pointed out earlier but as a synonym to flying saucer as its used in this thread)

let alone all the logical problems associated with ufos like why would anybody travel hundreds if not thousands of years only to _not_ make contact with any species he finds along his way

trish
03-06-2007, 06:01 AM
no...i haven't seen a ghost. but my great aunt claimed that as a little girl, while on a overnight at a friend's house, she saw a demon at the bottom of the stairwell.

another great aunt (aren't great aunts great?), when she was a little girl, saw a classmate transform into a colt, leap out the window and gallop away never to be seen again.

i loved my aunts...but they were more than a little crazy.

what do i believe?
the truth is out there/trust no one.

TJT
03-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Trish are we related? ;)

I had a couple of looney old great aunts who spent most of their lives in and out of the state hospital system. Those old broads saw and heard all kinds of interesting stuff.

An old man who lived down the road from me when I was a boy was the local Hoodoo Doctor. Kept a dead tree full of empty bottles in his yard to catch evil spirits that might sneak up on him. If they got past the tree, the frames on all the windows and doors along with posts on his porch were painted blue to keep 'em out.

When I was a kid he gave me a little flannel bag w/ some trinkets and a chunk of root in it that were supposed to keep me safe and make the girls like me? I ain't dead and I did ok w/ the girls,so the ol' guy might have been on to something?

south ov da border
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
OK, let's not get too deep on the UFO issue here, anyone seen a Ghost???

september 05

. I had a cat, and she sometimes didn't come in certain parts of the house, which had a messed up history in the first place. That day she went to this one specific spot, sniffed, and ran away scared. I felt a strange presence also, but I always feel things, no biggie. Iwent to sleep during a bad rain storm and I woke up b/c I felt like I was being watched. I looked over and standing in that same EXACT spot was a long haired woman covered in blood, and all of the sudden I felt her rage/evil. Then like that she was gone. Plus I was living in the house with some crazy girl who seemed to be a host for evil spirits. Needless to say I don't live there anymore...

Trogdor
03-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I do agree that the physical difficulty of travelling between solar systems is QUITE large. Pretty much impossible. If you are travelling very fast then even the tiniest object in your path would pierce right through your craft. Even at the speed of light it would take years, decades. On the other hand we don't know everything there is to know about physics and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.

The Universe is quite an old place. I feel and believe that there are many forms of life out there and that it's possible that there can be races of intelligent beings who not only solved that problem of distence and time, but use it regularly. anyone who says it's too far or too long is just applying the idea that if we have a certain level of technology, than any other life out there has the SAME level or less. It's pretty much what I call "Human Chauvanisim" :P

Trogdor
03-06-2007, 08:11 PM

september 05

. I had a cat, and she sometimes didn't come in certain parts of the house, which had a messed up history in the first place. That day she went to this one specific spot, sniffed, and ran away scared. I felt a strange presence also, but I always feel things, no biggie. Iwent to sleep during a bad rain storm and I woke up b/c I felt like I was being watched. I looked over and standing in that same EXACT spot was a long haired woman covered in blood, and all of the sudden I felt her rage/evil. Then like that she was gone. Plus I was living in the house with some crazy girl who seemed to be a host for evil spirits. Needless to say I don't live there anymore...

Animals often are more aware of the world than we are. When the tsunamis hit, people said the animals were acting funny before it happened. We as a species don't have this, a price paid of being "civililzed" :roll:

south ov da border
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM

september 05

Animals often are more aware of the world than we are. When the tsunamis hit, people said the animals were acting funny before it happened. We as a species don't have this, a price paid of being "civililzed" :roll:

We can only pick up certain things with our 5 senses. Animals naturally see better, hear better, smell better and have an inate sense of detection. We can only detect a fraction of what's going on right in front of us. Animals always know first. That's how it goes...

Fox
03-07-2007, 12:43 AM
I haven't seen any strange phenomena personally, but I believe there are other intelligent beings in the universe. I think it's pretty arrogant to thing we're all that out there, or that our technology is the most advanced. Sure, we have no proof, but still, think of the possibilities.

What if there are other species so much more advanced that we're considered savage/primitive? What if there are extraterrestrials among us that don't really care to contact us directly, but just want to keep tabs on human development to assess our level of threat or something. Complete speculation, of course, but interesting none-the-less.

DJ_Asia
03-07-2007, 01:01 AM

The problem is that as humans we think in terms of human limitations.Deep space travel is not possible using standard propulsion type transportation.The great minds of Tesla nd others lobbied around bending matter,wormholes,multiple parelell universes, etc,etc.While all these theories are quite extreme by our logic,contemplate this:

If an infant begins to make dots on a wall,and does so non stop until his death at 80 years of age,the number of dots will still fall short of suns and planets in THIS solar system! That number would also fall tremendously short of the number of solar systems in the universe!To think that a small planet,in a small system in a universe of virtual infinity represents the ONLY intelligent life in the universe then one is suffering from delussions of self importance.

Fox
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Anyone see the end of the first Men In Black where the camera zooms out from earth, the solar system, the galaxy, etc. and our entire universe is nothing more than a marble to an alien creature? That shit blew my mind when I first saw it lol. "What if that was real? Whoa..."

03-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Trish are we related? ;)

I had a couple of looney old great aunts who spent most of their lives in and out of the state hospital system. Those old broads saw and heard all kinds of interesting stuff.

An old man who lived down the road from me when I was a boy was the local Hoodoo Doctor. Kept a dead tree full of empty bottles in his yard to catch evil spirits that might sneak up on him. If they got past the tree, the frames on all the windows and doors along with posts on his porch were painted blue to keep 'em out.

When I was a kid he gave me a little flannel bag w/ some trinkets and a chunk of root in it that were supposed to keep me safe and make the girls like me? I ain't dead and I did ok w/ the girls,so the ol' guy might have been on to something?

LMAO! Classic!

BlackAdder
03-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Yeah that was a good part...Nested realities theory.

Thing is, we dont know all there is too know about physics and propulsion. Tachyons( tachyons are theoretically postulated particles that travel faster than light and have 'imaginary' masses) appear to travel FTL and even back and forth through time.

There also is some evidense of all matter being linked in some real physical sense.(see "High-Visibility Interference in a Bell-Inequality Experiment for Energy and Time," by P. G. Kwiat, A. M. Steinberg, and R. Y. Chiao, Physical Review A, Vol. 47, page R2472; 1993)), which might enable instantaneous transport.

Also, the eggheads at berkeley have discovered that regular photons can travel FTL under the right conditions((see "Measurement of the Single-Photon Tunneling Time" by A. M. Steinberg, P. G. Kwiat, and R. Y. Chiao, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 71, page 708; 1993).

I still personally consider human kinds technical science to be in its infancy compared to what is theoretically possible.

wombat33
03-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Just wondering if anyone on here has witnessed anything out of the ordinary? Have you seen a ghost, or a UFO, or any other strange phenomena??? Just been reading about about the Phoenix Lights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights). Although the rational explanation is flares from military aircraft, I have read numerous reports of these lights being attached to a large 'V' shaped object... did any of you people in Navada actually witness this in 1997???

NO SUCH THING... NO GHOSTS, SPIRITS, OTHER FORMS OF LIFE ON OTHER PLANTETS. IT JUST AINT SO.

Trogdor
03-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Anyone see the end of the first Men In Black where the camera zooms out from earth, the solar system, the galaxy, etc. and our entire universe is nothing more than a marble to an alien creature? That shit blew my mind when I first saw it lol. "What if that was real? Whoa..."

Am I the only one who fucking HATED that memorry wipe device they use? Like they tried to make hiding the truth look like a good thing. Like they are kissing the ass of Brookings :roll:

Trogdor
03-07-2007, 07:39 AM

These pics of Titan's shoreline freaked me out when I first saw them...SPOOKY!!!
Wonder if the aliens have a seaside resort... :lol:

you outta see Europa. :wink:

francisfkudrow
03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.

none of which to my knowledge have found any way to overcome the (to our knowledge) impossibility to tavel faster than light which makes any ufos impossible or at least highly unlikely (not in the literal sense you pointed out earlier but as a synonym to flying saucer as its used in this thread)

let alone all the logical problems associated with ufos like why would anybody travel hundreds if not thousands of years only to _not_ make contact with any species he finds along his way

Just for the sake of argument how about the technology of "folding space" described in various works of science fiction? All it would take is the ability to manipulate gravitational fields to make this work. As for why they would not make contact, maybe something like Star Trek's "Prime Directive" not to interfere with low technology civilizations is preventing them from making contact.

Trogdor
03-07-2007, 09:14 AM

Just for the sake of argument how about the technology of "folding space" described in various works of science fiction? All it would take is the ability to manipulate gravitational fields to make this work. As for why they would not make contact, maybe something like Star Trek's "Prime Directive" not to interfere with low technology civilizations is preventing them from making contact.

Prime Directive was the only thing I disliked about Star Trek.
I wanna see aliens and space ships, damnit! I want life being more than just taxes and a 6 foot hole in the ground. :x

ottorocket
03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
I believe in spirits, energy forms, ghosts or what ever you want to describe as past lives making physical appearances, or actions in this world. I was hugely skeptical my whole life until a few years ago when my parents home was "visited" by a man in a top hat who a few different people have seen. No BS...if i hadn't experience for myself i would be clowning on them, but i have some really crazy stories that follow zero logic or explanation and I for one am a believer in the scientific method to try and rationally explain things. I couldnt. Its reassuring though, as i believe there is an afterlife of some sort for all of us though i am not a bible thumping type.

Fox
03-07-2007, 09:30 AM

These pics of Titan's shoreline freaked me out when I first saw them...SPOOKY!!!

Yeah, that is pretty cool and spooky. In an exciting kind of way. Just reminds us that there is so much to learn, even in our own backyard.

Am I the only one who fucking HATED that memorry wipe device they use? Like they tried to make hiding the truth look like a good thing. Like they are kissing the ass of Brookings :roll:

You raise a good point. It seemed necessary in the movies, but in real life I want the truth too, dammit! At least a real life neuralizer doesn't exist. Unless we've all been neuralized and just didn't know...

*cue conspiracy theory*

Trogdor
03-07-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah, that is pretty cool and spooky. In an exciting kind of way. Just reminds us that there is so much to learn, even in our own backyard.

You raise a good point. It seemed necessary in the movies, but in real life I want the truth too, dammit! At least a real life neuralizer doesn't exist. Unless we've all been neuralized and just didn't know...

*cue conspiracy theory*

You never know. At least we do know there are drugs and chemicals that can repress memory. Here's the thing, these cover up people keep saying pretty much, according to Brookings, any sign or evidence of life out there will destory human society as we know it cause religous leaders, economic leaders and scientists will loose their power. Read the book called "The Roman". I want to find out about other life durring my lifetime.

ScubaSteve00S
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
My niece used to point at shadows and shapes in the dark...really weird...

Legend
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Any of you guys ever watch ghost hunters on sci fi?