PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are you talking about?

Kriss
03-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Old fart alert! :frustrated LOL, what is going on ,LOL ,with the ,ROFL, acronyms? LMAO. are we soon going to be ,LOL ,reduced to typing on , , IMAO, keyboards with only ,LOL ,five huge buttons to mash with our fist? (LOL) (IMAO) (ROFL) (EMO) (ATCATR)
Can we have some kind of definitive lexicon of internet shorthand so that board members over 25 can understand what the f*<k anyone is saying?

:screwy

TrueBeauty TS
03-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Old fart alert! :frustrated LOL, what is going on ,LOL ,with the ,ROFL, abbreviations? LMAO. are we soon going to be ,LOL ,reduced to typing on , , IMAO, keyboards with only ,LOL ,five huge buttons to mash with our fist? (LOL) (IMAO) (ROFL) (EMO) (ATCATR)
Can we have some kind of definitive lexicon of internet shorthand so that board members over 25 can understand what the f*<k anyone is saying?

WTF?

biguy4tvtscd
03-03-2007, 05:05 AM
TLDR

Linsey
03-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Hey Kriss,

I am over 25 and understand what is being said. You had better get used to it ASAP. The demand for time is si great that the world is going to this shorthand form of communication.

BTW, if you need any further help I am AFK but will BRB.

-Linsey :) ROFLMAO

Kriss
03-03-2007, 05:17 AM
dble+

biguy4tvtscd
03-03-2007, 05:21 AM
Now that I've given a joke reply, I'll give a more serious one....

I've seen several guides to net-speak, though I'm afraid I cannot recall any specific addresses, and hence, no link.

It's often bundled with leet-speak (aka 1337 5p34k) though the two are different.

Net speak is mainly just acronyms (lol = laugh out loud) used to shorten typing time
whereas leet speak uses numbers and symbols in place of letters, and is mainly used by gamers and hackers to confuse and befuddle newbies.

oh, and TLDR = too long, didn't read. :wink:

Coroner
03-03-2007, 06:06 AM
F.B and aiiii

Teabagger Vance
03-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Old fart alert! :frustrated LOL, what is going on ,LOL ,with the ,ROFL, acronyms? LMAO. are we soon going to be ,LOL ,reduced to typing on , , IMAO, keyboards with only ,LOL ,five huge buttons to mash with our fist? (LOL) (IMAO) (ROFL) (EMO) (ATCATR)

This may help you out some: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_slang_phrases

Kriss
03-03-2007, 06:54 AM
[
This may help you out some:

FWIW, TH(N)X, TNX or TX, BTDT, DILLIGAF, IYKWIM, EOM
LOL