PDA

View Full Version : CHANGED FRIENDS/FAMILY!!!

muhmuh
03-03-2007, 02:35 AM
so you can post genuine things after all huh?
somewhat explains your anger i guess

muhmuh
03-03-2007, 02:57 AM
so what is it then youre venting here each and every day? passion?

Alison Faraday
03-03-2007, 03:07 AM
I think J's post is quite accurate really. But it does break the golden rule, that you should never admit to having noticed. :oops:

I understand what you mean J. :)

There's alot of angry confused people in the world that's for sure. Trouble is that they don't realise it. What I see are people obsessed with money, status, what friends they think they have. And none of it is actually important, since in 100-years time we'll all be dead and no one will give a damn who we are. That's just plain cold reality. Nothing truly matters really, apart from who we are and how we conduct ourselves.

So we may as well all just sit back comfortably, enjoy life and chill. There is no hurry.

Maybe a bit of that there is me telling myself that. ;)

muhmuh
03-03-2007, 03:16 AM
And none of it is actually important, since in 100-years time we'll all be dead and no one will give a damn who we are.
Nothing truly matters really, apart from who we are and how we conduct ourselves.

arent you contraditing yourself there?

Alison Faraday
03-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Probably. I think I meant to put the word 'now' in.

Not really sure what I meant really. I kind of wrote that having just been through my yahoo account reading my daily loony threats.

Don't worry. Daft post anyway. :oops

Aly x

Kriss
03-03-2007, 03:44 AM
There's alot of angry confused people in the world that's for sure. Trouble is that they don't realise it. What I see are people obsessed with money, status, what friends they think they have. And none of it is actually important, since in 100-years time we'll all be dead and no one will give a damn who we are. That's just plain cold reality. Nothing truly matters really, apart from who we are and how we conduct ourselves.

So we may as well all just sit back comfortably, enjoy life and chill. There is no hurry.

Maybe a bit of that there is me telling myself that. ;)

Let's get married.

oops, I broke the golden rule, that you should never admit to having noticed. :oops:

ezed
03-03-2007, 08:08 AM
J,
Welcome to the world we live in. The present is past and it can't be changed. You learn and use it to deal with the future. When you read this post it will be in the past and can't be taken back. But it can be a basis for dealing with the future.....or not.

RawNY
03-03-2007, 08:15 AM
J,
Welcome to the world we live in. The present is past and it can't be changed. You learn and use it to deal with the future. When you read this post it will be in the past and can't be taken back. But it can be a basis for dealing with the future.....or not.

Grasshopper, thats is a riot.
They actually have the series repeating on cable these days. Last week starred a very young Don Johnson. He looked like he could have been a TG, lol

olite71
03-03-2007, 09:05 AM
i really think one of the most painful things in life is to grow up with someone, work with someone, be friends with someone, etc. and then, either gradualy or suddenly, they turn into someone or something else...often times we dont recognize it immediately, then one day it hits us, wow, who the fuck is this person? why the fuck am i putting up with this? i dont give a shit how close we were, this is intolerable!!!

i can think of a few catagories, many i have personaly experienced and many i have viewed from a safe distance, and hopefully none that i can be accused of....feel free to analyze and add ur own...

the self loather: someone who u grew up with, enjoyed cultural similarities with, laughed at ur own stereotypes with, then one day they feel ashamed of their heritage, their upbringing, get a group of new friends and treat u like u havent evolved yet...

the sell out: someone who always mocked the rich, the prissy, the spoiled, the wasters and always swore to be strong to their down to earth roots...then an accident settlement, an inheritence or sheer fuckin luck threw some money in their lap and ur ashamed to be seen with them and their frivolous and embarresing manners...i dont mean orders and pays for everyone at the table, i do that, i mean being in ur face robin leech disgusting...

the business asshole: this one is really painful, where u worked for someone, or with someone when business was so so, then suddenly business started booming, they started feeling important...after work drinks ceased, u started getting treated like a fuckin janitor, u were left tearfully muttering im not putting up with this much longer while observing them mingling with some socialites selling their soul while pretending to fit in...

the shameful pricks: these are the cocksuckers who changed their view of u simply because they learnt something new about u...theyre fuckin ashamed of u and have the balls to excuse it and say hey listen u know my parents have problems with gays/jews/mexicans/lefties/etc. shame shame on anyone who continues a friendship with someone who only befriends u and is comfortable with u if u fit into what they consider the norm and acceptable behavior...the should love diversity and revel in ur uniqueness...

the nutjobs: these are people who either suddenly get spiritual or are born again...thank u very much, i was born right the first time...these pricks will often interupt a joke with dude thats not funny...yes it is asshole, very funny, in fact u were the one who told it to me the first time...u have issues and need a crutch for ur miserable life, dont go taking the fun out of mine...

the unreliables: remember the days when u can call em at 4am and cry, or talk, or grab a bite...no matter how tired they were or what they had planned the next day...well, those days are but memories, cause these sons of bitches now have rigid schedules and specific guidelines for when they are ur friends...not now hun im about to go into a meeting, im sorry i have friends in from out of town...awwww, fuck u and ur friends, why the fuck do i have to beg for ur time, who the fuck are u...i taught u how to jerk off lol

well i can go on, but just some thoughts on real friends and how u should cherish the ones who stay true to u and themselves no matter who or what u are...

You can simplify this all to one thing: "People who don't know themselves."

But this is most people....There's nothing saying that you and I wouldn't do the same thing if kismet kissed us one day with fortune or changed circumstances....'cept we like to believe that we keep it real.

The key to life is knowing yourself---knowing it all and being capable of controlling it and guiding it toward the positive, the helpful, the constructive.

The "grass is always greener" demon lurks inside all of us and needs to be tamed...once it is, the at peace with himself janitor is a greater and happier and more successful person than the Toast of the Town billionaire head of a corporation that literally dies a broken man with a broken heart (see Kenneth Lay).

It's a very hard thing to be your own person--but once you are--it's like being the emperor of a boundless kingdom. I hope one day to be there....lord knows I'm working at it every day---but the flesh is weak--very weak....

yodajazz
03-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah people change on us. But on the other hand, maybe its you that has changed. Maybe they were playing their same game along, but you have grown wiser to realize that it is not than important to play the games that everyone else is playing.

Just stay in tune with yourself. Ask yourself what is really important to you and try and do it. I have spent so much time helping other people, or just afraid of offending some one, who doesn't think that much of me anyway. I lost track of what it is that would bring me happiness. But I am slowly remembering. Do you remember?

vincidog
03-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Perhaps it can be our own fault as well....we just lose touch.
If I may be presumptious: Consider....you go your own way for a few years; you are in touch with yourself in your world, but you changed in their's, it happens. But so what. Make peace or not....regardless you will die alone; with old and/or new friends in your life> It's a crapshoot and you gotta filter along the way