PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does the FULL MOON send you F*CKING MENTAL?

Kriss
03-02-2007, 06:34 AM
This is something I notice affecting me EVERY MONTH. Does anyone else feel the effect of moon phases? For a long time, since way back til right Before electric light the extra light would make a big impact on our lives. all that extra hunting, gathering and fucking time. I mean you can't breed that out in just 200 years right? The moon has got to have an effect, it moves the tides, menstration cycles(ewwwwww), wolfmen. One aquainatance said the brothel they worked in filled up with crossdressers on full moon, true! So who is feeling it today?

otherguy
03-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Absolutely. I find myself craving an outing of utter stupidity and drunkeness. In fact I'm on day two of this month's festivities. :actionsmiley

Kriss
03-03-2007, 02:38 AM
':screwy'

03-03-2007, 02:51 AM
AAWWOOOOOOoooooo

LMAO

Linsey
03-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Yes I feel the effects of the full moon sometimes, but only when I am outside and see it. Makes me want to pop open the sunroof and go for a nice high speed drive with the wind rushing through my hair and the volume on the radio turned up to drown out the howling of the wind.

But that is just me :)

Kriss
03-03-2007, 08:22 AM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bump-1.gif

olite71
03-03-2007, 08:29 AM
This is something I notice affecting me EVERY MONTH. Does anyone else feel the effect of moon phases? For a long time, since way back til right Before electric light the extra light would make a big impact on our lives. all that extra hunting, gathering and fucking time. I mean you can't breed that out in just 200 years right? The moon has got to have an effect, it moves the tides, menstration cycles(ewwwwww), wolfmen. One aquainatance said the brothel they worked in filled up with crossdressers on full moon, true! So who is feeling it today?

correlation and causation are not the same thing. And then you have the added effect of self fulfilling prophecy. If a bunch of people are going around believing that the full moon does this or that--they are anticipating the next one and then they most likely act accordingly to fulfill the the symptoms of what they believe is "fate."

You need a lot more than your singular intuitions and predilections together with a sprinkling of anecdotes from some moonbats to declare something a physical phenomonen on the level of the law of gravity.

Notwithstanding all that--it's fun to believe in such fantasies and witchcraft--and let's leave it at that, rather then diluting it with some half-assed "scientific" theory.

Fox
03-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Lunar phases seem to affect large bodies of water on Earth, and, if I can recall, humans are made up of 70% water (fluids, I guess). But, we have brains to think. I've never felt a change from a moon phase, personally.