PDA

View Full Version : Name One, Two, or Three of the best vacations you ever took.

wombat33
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Tuscany, Capri, Sorrento

Jellystone Nat'l Park

Myrtle beach Golf Circuit

peggygee
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/carmen.gif

I love to travel, and have been many places in my time on this
planet.

But, I must say that my favorite place is the Land Of Smile (LOS),
Thailand.

And being a woman it is not for the reason that the guys have. I love
the people, the weather, the beaches and geography, the history.

I actually have a love affair with the entire Southeast Asia region,
but Thailand is my fave.

BeardedOne
03-02-2007, 12:31 AM
"Cicely, Alaska"

:lol:

Oh...

And Devil's Tower.

"Doris! Don't you see? It's a message from outer space on our very own dinner table!" - Roy Dreary, Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind

muhmuh
03-02-2007, 12:35 AM
3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing in the provence

03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Been to Phoenix, Tuscon, Salt Lake City, DisneyWorld and Dallas. If it ain't in America, it ain't cool.

Best Vacation though is when I started to make some real money. I'd say about 1997, Las Vegas. Stood in the Grand Tower rooms. At the time there was no Bellagio or Wynn. That was a good time!

North_of_60
03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Been to Phoenix, Tuscon, Salt Lake City, DisneyWorld and Dallas. If it ain't in America, it ain't cool.

I knew it... :roll:
Maybe you should take a little trip outside the US and see for yourself that people living in other countries are actually civilized.

For myself, I've traveled in Europe and Asia. And, like Miss Peggygee, I have a love affair with South-East Asia. Ever been to Laos ? In my mind forever.

MrsKellyPierce
03-02-2007, 01:51 AM
I always find going home to your hometown the best vacation spot that may sound weird lol

03-02-2007, 01:56 AM

I knew it... :roll:
Maybe you should take a little trip outside the US and see for yourself that people living in other countries are actually civilized.

For myself, I've traveled in Europe and Asia. And, like Miss Peggygee, I have a love affair with South-East Asia. Ever been to Laos ? In my mind forever.

Why would I want to go to laos? Those people aren't even Americans.

Quinn
03-02-2007, 02:27 AM
I’ve been fortunate to have traveled extensively both domestically and internationally. My favorite vacations have been as follows:

1.I’ve traveled across North America, coast to coast, by car on three separate occasions. One trip took me through the Southern states. Another took me across the Northern states. The last one took me up the West Coast, across Canada, and down the Eastern US.
2.London because it’s a great place to party. It always feels like going home.
3.Buenos Aires because it has tons of culture, beautiful women, and makes me feel more alive than just about anywhere else.
4. The Chapala region of Mexico because it combines affluence and beauty with a particular, well ordered type of lawlessness that's perfectly suited to my personality.

-Quinn

scorpion
03-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Si Racha a town south of bangkok.Not a special place but something special happends there.

Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam. Realy amazing. must bee seen

Sao Paulo in Brasil. Are often in Santos whitout set my foot in land. But 2 times i have get the chans to get in to Sao paolo.

specialk
03-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Alaska -1997
Namibia/ south Africa-2002
every trip to American southwestern deserts

scorpion
03-02-2007, 04:00 AM
Real god nature pics specialk
Have you take them? If you have how cloose to the bear was you?

specialk
03-02-2007, 04:13 AM
Real god nature pics specialk
Have you take them? If you have how cloose to the bear was you?

Thank You Scorps....The grizzly is about 75 feet away in this pic.

junior
03-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Hands down the best vacation I ever had was the month I spent driving around Ireland. It even beat out the year I spent driving around the states.

Caleigh
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Costa Rica 5 months travelling all over

Key West one week of bliss esp. the boat trip
to go snorkelling and kayaking

Europe this is for this coming May. London,
Berlin, Paris, Barcelona. hasn't happend
yet but i will be back about it

Ecstatic
03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I have been fortunate enough to travel widely and live in many different areas: I've visited every state except Alaska, eastern Canada, Europe, and India, and lived in ME, MA, MI, CO, & AZ. My top vacation spots:

1) UK, especially the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Hebrides (four times) and Cornwall (3x)

2) Upcountry Maui

3) India (2 weeks in an ashram north of Mumbai)

My four top destinations, in order:

1) Thailand
2) New Zealand
3) Philippines
4) Alaska