PDA

View Full Version : MY OFFICIAL APOLOGY!!

LG
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Good of you to post this apology J. I know that it is heartfelt. Sometimes we all let our emotions get ahead of us.

I also tend to get annoyed by a couple of things that rookies do. One is when they start off with requests such as schmidti's or open up new topics for no reason and the other thing is posting in languages other than English. Many of us can speak and write other languages but it is best to stick to English.

That said, we should be al little more patient with newbies. We were newbies once too (when the world was young and dinosaurs roamed the earth). and don't forget that it is easy to be misunderstoon in a forum without the benefit of being able to look at one another, to have a proper conversation and to give instant replies to the other's questions.

Much of what you and schmidti said went over my head as I cannot understand German. What I thought was playful was perhaps not. What started off as banter ended up, it seems, as a cursing match of resentment. I know you didn't mean it to get that way.

Let's hope we can all keep the peace from now on. There is no need for resentment, especially nationalistic or rascist hatred. I hope schmidti will forgive you but also that he will accept that he too was out of order in his initial reply to your first (one word) answer.

Let's put this whole thing behind us. Everyone is welcome here.

irish_rose
02-28-2007, 07:22 PM
You do not own the forum J, kust be quiet and go into a corner

Lone Wolf
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Why do you feel the need to apologize? Live with what you say and suffer the consequences

Fockzilla
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
What'd he say? I was busy douching my eye-sockets from all the smeg that just infiltrated them.

eggbert
02-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I feel like I'm listening to Jackie the Jokeman or Bababooey apologizeing to their wives on Stern.

Quinn
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Who are you again? Seriously, J is man enough to publicly and sincerely apologize – because his conscience compels him to do so rather than as a response to any specific sanction – and that’s the response you give him???? Maybe you should look to your own conduct before condemning others.

-Quinn

Somedude21
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
It takes a real man to make a public appology. Nice going, dude.

GroobySteven
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM

You should have left the forum never to return, after how badly you were caught out? I never saw an apology from you? Or if you could point it out to me?

Good posting J.

seanchai

peggygee
02-28-2007, 09:49 PM

J, you say many things. Some I agree with, some I don't. Some
that come across as quite mean spirited.

In this instance, you showed the intestinal and testicular fortitude
to own up to your errors.

Perhaps, others may want to learn from that example, and man/woman
up.

:roll:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/WIR.jpg

MrsKellyPierce
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I want to apologize for being so turned on by your personality J I had to go stroke it three times :lol: Just 3 times not 4

GroobySteven
02-28-2007, 10:41 PM
you showed the intestinal and testicular fortitude

Nice line
seanchai

peggygee
02-28-2007, 11:13 PM

Nice line
seanchai

Thanks Seanchai. :wink:

Coroner
02-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Good post, J, but I donīt think you have to apologize for anything. Thereīs couple of people here who should do this at first. Who was the German that cursed and what did he say? Whereīs the thread? I missed that thread.

Cheers and stay cool like always

BeardedOne
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Meshugenuh! (Sp?) :lol:

That said, quite the sincere grovel, J. Kudos. There's a few here on HA that have a way with words (Or not, as the case may be) yet all is subject to interpretation and, as the adage goes, a lot is lost in translation.

I saw the exchange that you mention, though much was lost on me (Beyond 'mensch' and 'sheisskopf' very much is) and I just took it as a shouting match between 'ethnics' (These two ethnics walk into a bar...).

In the end, I see HA as being not unlike Cheers, where "Everybody knows your name" (Even if they think it is 'Buttmunch' or 'Needledick') and where the typical evening lull is broken by the communal shout of "J!". :)

werwt22
03-01-2007, 12:40 AM

Nice line
seanchai

LOL Didnt you steal that from Mankind fromthe old WWF? =D lol

Somedude21
03-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Uh, care to translate that, J?

specialk
03-01-2007, 12:57 AM
It takes a real man to make a public appology. Nice going, dude.

I'll co-sign here.

BeardedOne
03-01-2007, 01:07 AM
lastly, bearded, meshuga (like chutzpe) is yiddish but a hebrew word...yiddish is 90% german and the rest a mishmash of other languages infused from the regions the speakers inhabited...

:shrug Oy! Oy'm from Brookloyn. Now go, put on a sweatah, lest you catch your death. :wink:

Coroner
03-01-2007, 01:23 AM
lol, J, I can tell you, he didnīt curse you.... I donīt know if you can speak german, but the words he used..... :lol: heīd make himself a figure of fun on austrian boards...... piefke :lol:

he didnīt say anything against jews... I doubt that he knows ur jewish......

cheers

peggygee
03-01-2007, 01:41 AM

Nice line
seanchai

I scratched my head and then my ass (in that order) for about
5 minutes, trying to figure out what Mankind and or WWF were.

Then it dawned on me, you were talking about wresting. :idea:

Not sure where I got the phrase.

But, I'm a chick and I would rather have an ice pick lobotomy than
watch wrestling.

That, or look at dick pics. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/banana.gif

:lol:

Coroner
03-01-2007, 02:02 AM
i never said he said anything about my religion ( i happen to be an atheist regardless)...

and from the shared words we have in common i surmised his words were to the effect of u stupid boy, blah blah...to which i responded basically drop dead...again, its all context...he wasnt happy with my one word response and shifted language to reprimand me and i thought it would be funny to one up him in a similar tongue...

never did i say he was antisemetic....and even if he was, as my parents will tell u, im a bigger anti semite;) u guys can only hate jews based on opinion and prejudice, i grew up jewish, i know what there is to hate;)

J, Iīll explain something: Germans and humour, two very different terms :) they are only funny when they donīt know it

muhmuh
03-01-2007, 02:07 AM
J, Iīll explain something: Germans and humour, two very different terms :) they are only funny when they donīt know it

pfff ösis

Coroner
03-01-2007, 02:37 AM

pfff ösis

scorpion
03-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Strong and nice of you J

Kriss
03-01-2007, 03:02 AM
apologising is a sign of weakness, proves you have no balls to back up with what you said.

Nice one J.
Sorry, had to quote this Ridiculous comment, the fool obviously didn't even read J's apology. How and why would he "back up" what he said when, as stated in the apology, the original comments were meant entirely in jest. He is not changing his opinion, merely ensuring that his dry humour was not misinterpreted. I waste my life pointing this out because this character seems to post only aggrovating, wind-up type comments. Sorry i'm bored, or maybe it's my period but i'm calling you out, there's something about your posts, like you try to sound ignorant. I think you have multiple personalities.
Not J, he's cool, Chandler always was my favourite 'friend', after Phoebe of course.

Oli
03-01-2007, 03:53 AM
apologising is a sign of weakness, proves you have no balls to back up with what you said.

No it isn't, it shows the strength and character J possess, and proves he is a bigger person than most of us.

Felicia Katt
03-01-2007, 05:58 AM
It takes way more ball to admit a mistake than to perpetuate one. He was a man to make amends.

Good on ya, J. :)

FK

ezed
03-01-2007, 06:51 AM
this is a genuine im sorry, and not merely a diplomatic spin done politician style...

everyone knows one of my big peeves and shtick on this board is my infuriation with rookies requesting info and begining threads while offering little...some might find my selection of language slightly humorous, some slightly offensive and others simply ignore me...but my goal is always to liven things up and be entertaining...

a thread was initiated by a german newbie poster yesterday where he basically asked if anyone has any monster cock pics....i found this to be quite irritating as this site is pretty much devoted to that and responded in what i thought was cute fashion with a simple answer: NO

aparantly this didnt sit well with the poster and he cursed me out in german...

not taking it personally at all and finding it cute, what with the whole german thing, i proceded to respond in yiddish and cursed him out...for one, i didnt assume anyone would understand and secondly i found the whole yiddish being derived from german a ironic factor and went over the top basically saying drop dead u fuckin german...

i continued posting on the thread with jokes etc. and didnt make much of it as there was realy no ill intent in my yiddish cussing except to giggle to myself and find it ironic and amusing...

upon waking up today i note someone calling me out for my harsh and inappropriate language...

i therefore publicly and sincerely retract the words used and offer my genuine apology and promise that i did not mean the words i said and merely was trying, perhaps ineffectively, to be entertaining and cute...

many people here on the board threaten, curse, insult, and act inappropriately yet refuse to back down when the emotions and rush cools off...i dont play macho bullshit games, and sincerely wanna convey my feelings that the specific words selected, in hindsight, apear to be unacceptable and not salvaged by any entertainment value i found them to employ...

again, schmiti, im sorry, ide PM u but i know many people dont appreciate PMs from strangers uninvited, so i do it publicly and hope my words convey my feelings of remorse...im proud to be honest enough with myself and my emotions and be able to retract and apologize for things i do and people i feel i slighted or wrongly harrassed...

and im sorry for selfishly initiating a thread to convey my feelings on this matter but i hope it can make other people think twice when crossing the line from amusing to annoying and from playful ribbing to hateful resentment and threatening behavior...

thank you

SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING INTO REHAB! See ya there!

werwt22
03-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Nice line
seanchai

I scratched my head and then my ass (in that order) for about
5 minutes, trying to figure out what Mankind and or WWF were.

Then it dawned on me, you were talking about wresting. :idea:

Not sure where I got the phrase.

But, I'm a chick and I would rather have an ice pick lobotomy than
watch wrestling.

That, or look at dick pics. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/banana.gif

Mankind used to say something about testicular fortitude all the time. I was just teasing LOL.

spedius
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi J,

I applaud you for having the guts, and balls, to stand up and say sorry.

However, what I would request of you, and the others who consider making sport of those that either can't or won't defend themselves to be fun, is to stop and consider what effect your words will have on these unfortunate individuals.

Whilst you may be secure in your own sense of self, a lot of other people are not. What you may think of as some harmless fun, please be assured that there are many here who don't share your views. There will always be those who are hurt and offended by your scathing words.

You've written that you're sorry; I'm assuming it's not just a piece of insincere, cynical rhetoric posted for the effect which it seems to be attracting; go one better, put a stop to it entirely, then you've no need to be sorry.

My two cents worth.

Spedius

iloveshemales77
03-01-2007, 07:35 PM
OK listen up. I'm the guy that took umbrage to J's remarks and I told him so in so uncertain terms.

I happen to feel very strongly about some things. J's made a mistake. He's apologised. End of story. We all have made mistakes at some time or other. Let he cast the first stone...
End of discussion.

Now lets talk about gorgeous, delectable Transsexuals...