PDA

View Full Version : hey boys...

tsntx
02-28-2007, 06:47 AM
by boys i meant fellow comic book geeks...

am i the only one that didnt know about this?

looks good tho... i hope galactus has a large role.

http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com/US/index.html

stillies77
02-28-2007, 06:50 AM
haha that movie looks so much better than the first one...and galactus is confirmed...its going to be so awesome!!

just as awesome as a sexy girl like you liking comic books is!

haha

tsntx
02-28-2007, 06:55 AM
lol yeah i was really dissapointed w/ the first movie... growing up i loved the fantastic four and the invisible woman was my fav character along w/ phoenix and storm.... is there any other info on this movie yet?

tsntx
02-28-2007, 06:56 AM
ty btw

stillies77
02-28-2007, 06:58 AM
just that silver surfer looks awesome in it and johnny storms girlfriend in the movie is Nova i think but im not sure...and reed and sue get married so...should be real good...oh and doom is gonna be back...and they made his costume more badass

tsntx
02-28-2007, 07:01 AM
where did you get this info and why didnt you provide pics or links... cock tease

stillies77
02-28-2007, 07:06 AM
hahaha hold on lemme see if i can find the page for ya...ya weiner...hehe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/dr_doom.jpg
theres the redesigned doom...

and most of the other stuff i saw on aintitcool.com

or on superherohype.com

I am really excited for spidey 3 though...cant wait!!

Legend
02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Hopefully it's better then the first one but what's up with all the crappy marvel movies xmen,fantastic four,the punisher and the recently abysmal ghost rider why cant they make a decent comic book movie.

But the addtion of galatus and silver surfer should add some kind of value to ff2 i just hope they don't make galatus weak we all know he made silver surfer and can consume planets whole. They made Dr Victor Von Doom look so weak in the first movie.

stillies77
02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
now you owe me a hug hehe

signupjustforthis
02-28-2007, 07:11 AM
tsntx, is that you in your avatar pic?

tsntx
02-28-2007, 07:12 AM
lol im dissapointed doom is back... 1. bc the first movie made his character pretty weak like he was just the local villian... which in ways he was but still
2. galactus should be a huge role not just a side prob while doom has the most screen time... w/e

ty for the links ::hug::

stillies77
02-28-2007, 07:13 AM
yeah i wish doom was awesome like he is in the comics...he was just some pussy in the movies who just happened to have a metal helmet laying around...bs lol

Teabagger Vance
02-28-2007, 07:18 AM
lol yeah i was really dissapointed w/ the first movie... growing up i loved the fantastic four and the invisible woman was my fav character along w/ phoenix and storm.... is there any other info on this movie yet?

The first one WAS a disappointment, though I thought that Chris Evans did well as Johnny Storm/Human Torch. The worst part of it was Doom. They totally got his character wrong. Hopefully, they will fix that in the sequel.

As for Galactus, I read a recent interview with Ioan Gruffudd. Here is what he said:
Um...his presence is felt in the movie. He doesn't physically appear, no.

I really liked the first trailer for Fantastic Four 2. Should this one be as financially succesful as the first one, there will be a third one. And Galactus will likely be the primary focus. FF2 is going to be a setup for that.

stillies77
02-28-2007, 07:20 AM
avi arad says he will be in the movie...he probably just said that so he didnt spoil the movie

eggbert
02-28-2007, 07:43 AM
[quote="Legend"]Hopefully it's better then the first one but what's up with all the crappy marvel movies xmen,fantastic four,the punisher and the recently abysmal ghost rider why cant they make a decent comic book movie.

I wondered for years why no one could make a good movie out of Lord of the Rings. Then, voila, Peter Jackson did it. I'd like to see him take a stab at one of the Marvel comics.

tsntx
02-28-2007, 07:47 AM

The first one WAS a disappointment, though I thought that Chris Evans did well as Johnny Storm/Human Torch. The worst part of it was Doom. They totally got his character wrong. Hopefully, they will fix that in the sequel.

As for Galactus, I read a recent interview with Ioan Gruffudd. Here is what he said:
Um...his presence is felt in the movie. He doesn't physically appear, no.

I really liked the first trailer for Fantastic Four 2. Should this one be as financially succesful as the first one, there will be a third one. And Galactus will likely be the primary focus. FF2 is going to be a setup for that.

chris evans is so fn hot... would have loved to prep his ass for the banana scene in not another teen movie... he was def the best possible person to play johnny...

if galactus doesnt show.... ill be sad - :(

they could still do a part 3 w/ galactus but no reason he cant be a big part of this film as well

just like if apocolypse were to be in xmen his story line is so huge it could easily overlap into a film of its own

stillies77
02-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey stilles77, just looked through your sketchbook, have you done any CGI???

i cant say i have tried it...i dont even know where to start with that stuff

Kabuki
02-28-2007, 08:06 AM

I finally saw the trailer the other night. Images of the Silver Surfer has been hush hush, but we'll probably see more of him surface. Once the movie is about to be released.

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:09 AM
nice ... i loved the wedding cake toppers... so cute... and jessica looks amazing in that wedding dress

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:16 AM
the new poster is bad ass too...

http://i.enewsi.com/g/albums/Entertaiment/FFROTSS/SS.jpg

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
oh and the fantasticar is going to be in this one too i forgot to tell you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/fantasticar.jpg

Legend
02-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Any pics of galactus yet?

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:31 AM
oh and the fantasticar is going to be in this one too i forgot to tell you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/fantasticar.jpg

i thought it was odd walmart recently started selling the fantasticar like 3 months ago... but i bought it anyway

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
HAHAHHAHA

oh my god that is so fucking funny...hehe i never got those toys but if any of them i would have bought the human torch...the other flaming queen (not pictured) haha

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:39 AM
lol dont u love my rupaul doll .... anywho.. yeah i have boxes of toys... and none of the sexual variety.. the only plastic i like is the kind i use to shop w/

TheGuard
02-28-2007, 08:41 AM
I hated the first movie, then it grew on me slightly even if The Thing looked more like a burn victim with "rock" that creased when he moved and Doom was neutered.

Seriously, you'd think with the crazy budget they have they'd at least edit out the foam creases.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect a pic of galactus, I'm sure it's being saved for the end of the movie as a surpise, leading into the third. Though I have to say this really piques my interest, could be better than the first.

Though I'm anticipating The Dark Knight more.

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:42 AM
i have tons and tons of toys...i have a complete set of Marvel Secret Wars toys and DC Super Powers from the 1980's...i used to collect wwe figures star wars toys and transformers throughout the 90's...my toy buying days stopped pretty much except for an occasional marvel legend toy that catches my eye or a classic wwe figure comes out of a guy i used to love as a kid...i also love minimates...they are awesome!

I still have an original Optimus Prime and Original Megatron MIB that i got at a flea market for 10 bucks each...guy had no idea what he had...

tsntx
02-28-2007, 09:19 AM
speaking of legends toys... have you seen the latest white queen figure? WTF? fucking tragic... was soooooooo excited to see they were redoing her... bc i won a sweet prize in like 9th grade for turning a reg barbie into the white queen w/ a custom costume etc for Wizard... and then i see the freak accident legends created and was utterly disapointed... as usual... w/ most female action figures... tho my danger girl figures are amazing

stillies77
02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
i know...her proportions are all fucked up...i like her marvel select figure..its not bad...the new statue that came out for her is so hot...i dunno if you saw it but here it is...i want it hehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/emmafrost.jpg

DonPA
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I haven't read all of these posts, but from what I read Galactus will be seen at the end. I'm hoping they do him justice. Silver Surfer looks amazing so far. If you all are interested superherohype.com will definitely keep you up to date on all kinds of superhero movies.

DonPA
02-28-2007, 07:10 PM
i know...her proportions are all fucked up...i like her marvel select figure..its not bad...the new statue that came out for her is so hot...i dunno if you saw it but here it is...i want it hehe.

I saw a pic of that in the newest toyfare. I think it looks pretty good, but my wife would never let me buy it. I would love to get Randy Bowen's new Thor statue. But $200 is a bit much considering I just preordered 2 new Punisher statues.

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM

thats hot... thats the costume i used for the doll i did that won in wizard so many years ago.. *my tomb raider was way better i even set off a smoke bomb to give it that steamy swamp effect... it won 1rst also*
... i dont like her hair tho but its a hot statue... i wanted the rise of the phoenix statues one was reg the other was the dark version and they looked amazing... but the movie came out while i was bidding and b/c the phoenix saga happened in it the prices went from 75 to like 500 in 2hr time slot that was remaing and i passed lol... oh well -j

stillies77
03-01-2007, 04:24 AM
aww i love the phoenix statue where all the other statues interlock with the big flying phoenix in the center...so hot.

Mista Bone
03-01-2007, 04:32 AM
Many years ago I was at a comic book convention and I bought a bootleg vhs of a FANTASTIC FOUR movie that was scraped......It was THE worst movie I ever saw...lol...The effects were horrible....I need to dig it out and somehow transfer it to dvd and let some of you see it....a great collectors item...Ive never seen or heard of it before

stillies77
03-01-2007, 04:33 AM
yeah my friend has it on bootleg dvd...Roger Corman made it...thing looks like a walking pile of shit (literally) hahaha

Teabagger Vance
03-01-2007, 04:33 AM
I haven't read all of these posts, but from what I read Galactus will be seen at the end. I'm hoping they do him justice. Silver Surfer looks amazing so far. If you all are interested superherohype.com will definitely keep you up to date on all kinds of superhero movies.

That sort of appearance would be comparable to Darth Vader's full helmet appearance at the end of Revenge of the Sith. I don't know if that's the kind of appearance that tsntx is looking for.

Kabuki
03-01-2007, 04:35 AM
I just have a Kabuki statue.

Mista Bone
03-01-2007, 04:37 AM
yeah my friend has it on bootleg dvd...Roger Corman made it...thing looks like a walking pile of shit (literally) hahaha

HAHA...I found it...my damn vcr is a piece of poo though...Im afraid the tape will get eaten...DAMN...I wanna watch it now...lol

stillies77
03-01-2007, 04:40 AM
haha yeah that and the justic league pilot are so awful

Mista Bone
03-01-2007, 04:42 AM
haha yeah that and the justic league pilot are so awful

Never saw that.

tsntx
03-01-2007, 05:47 AM
aww i love the phoenix statue where all the other statues interlock with the big flying phoenix in the center...so hot.

wait what statue... u cant just say that, get me hard, and NOT post a pic -j

franks
03-01-2007, 05:56 AM

me too. you know, you can do a really good storyline evolving/revolving around the whole galactus and his heralds saga. ever read any of stan lee/john buscema stuff from the late sixties/early seventies? or the john byrne stuff from the late seventies? good stories? also it would be nice to throw the sphinx in there for good measure to battle galactus.

tsntx
03-01-2007, 06:05 AM
[quote=tsntx] also it would be nice to throw the sphinx in there for good measure to battle galactus.

see there you go part 3 right there

franks
03-01-2007, 06:09 AM
[quote=tsntx] also it would be nice to throw the sphinx in there for good measure to battle galactus.

see there you go part 3 right there

lol... :D... went to the covention at the javits center this weekend... the trailer looks good. see it?
p.s.: title for #4: "fantastic four battle taco bell rats!"

stillies77
03-01-2007, 06:27 AM
http://www.bacomics.com/Files/Image/web_updates06_0531/marv_drkphnxstat_group_01.jpg

ask and you shall recieve hehe

zookeeper
03-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Sure, but then how can you have an FF movie with the Surfer and Galactus and not have the Watcher???

How else does Johnny get the Ultimate Nullifier if ol' Big Head doesn't send him to Galactus' World Ship? Huh? Riddle me that!

stillies77
03-01-2007, 06:30 AM
true dat Oatu always creates craziness...i loved when he was in the dark phoenix saga

Legend
03-01-2007, 06:32 AM
probably the same reason the xmen movies didn't have gambit.

tsntx
03-01-2007, 06:35 AM
http://www.bacomics.com/Files/Image/web_updates06_0531/marv_drkphnxstat_group_01.jpg

ask and you shall recieve hehe

haha i had no idea that was a set

lmao i wanted that storm so bad b/c thats my fav costume/ look for her... but i had no idea it went w/ all the others... dont really care for the way phoenix looks tho

zookeeper
03-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Stillies - you should check out John Byrne's site...www.byrnerobotics.com

Chock full of art and some interesting people (including JB). They get the occasional troll, but they're usually dealt with quickly.

stillies77
03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
yeah the bast part of that set is...that big block colossus is holding can be removed...and wolverine can fit in his hands so they can do a...

FASTBALL SPECIAL!!

sorry.

haha

tsntx
03-01-2007, 06:37 AM
yeah the bast part of that set is...that big block colossus is holding can be removed...and wolverine can fit in his hands so they can do a...

FASTBALL SPECIAL!!

sorry.

haha

is that true?

thats pretty awesome if so

stillies77
03-01-2007, 06:41 AM
hell yeah che...che...che...check it out!

http://www.actionfigurecollectors.com/images/news/diamond/DarkPhoenixSet/Colossus.jpg

http://www.actionfigurecollectors.com/images/news/diamond/DarkPhoenixSet/fastballspecial.jpg

tsntx
03-01-2007, 07:08 AM
thats awesome

DonPA
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Have you all ever played X-Men Legends 2? My friend and I love being Colossus and Wolverine and doing the fastball specials.

horny4sum
03-01-2007, 08:49 PM
For all you comic fans I find alot good info on superherohype.com, the popups can be annoying but the website is updated daily and has good links for trailers and other stuff.

tsntx
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Have you all ever played X-Men Legends 2? My friend and I love being Colossus and Wolverine and doing the fastball specials.

lol while shopping at walmart the other day i saw it and bought it lol -j

TheGuard
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
You may very well be the perfect girl then.

Legend
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM

That's a must have for any marvel fan, my favorite group of people to are use wolverine,juggernaut,bishop and colossus.

ossumpeiEIEIO
03-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Good to hear from you Jen.

Hope everything is going well for you.

stillies77
03-02-2007, 12:08 AM
yeah X-Men legends 2 is awesome...I have Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 360...it knocked my socks off its so good haha

hwbs
03-02-2007, 03:15 AM
no more comic book movies for me...my fav comic growing up was daredevil and they butchered that movie twice (one was a made for tv movie, lol)...only ones i could stomach was spiderman 2 ...first and last batman..and lets not forget TMNT, hehe...you would think with all the storyline from the comics, that they could make a decent movie...

Legend
03-02-2007, 03:27 AM
no more comic book movies for me...my fav comic growing up was daredevil and they butchered that movie twice (one was a made for tv movie, lol)...only ones i could stomach was spiderman 2 ...first and last batman..and lets not forget TMNT, hehe...you would think with all the storyline from the comics, that they could make a decent movie...

That new animated TMNT movie is looking pretty good but anything can look good compared to secret of the ooze.

hwbs
03-02-2007, 03:40 AM
well it should be inferred that I meant the very first tmnt hehe

tsntx
03-02-2007, 03:43 AM
i thought the new TMNT was a live action?

Legend
03-02-2007, 03:53 AM
i thought the new TMNT was a live action?

Well i wouldn't say animated more like cgi,i guess after all those botch live ones they decided to go with cgi on us.

tsntx
03-02-2007, 04:01 AM
eh ... itll still suck ass

in a bad way

ohioboy
03-02-2007, 04:05 AM
eh ... itll still suck ass

in a bad way

man i used to love the ninja turtles.....i had all the toys. This one looks like it will be better than the original movie. That would be cool if they got the original voices from teh cartoon.

Ecstatic
03-02-2007, 04:22 AM
Well, it took Stan and Jack to FF #50 to present Galactus, and that comic remains probably one of the 10 best superhero comics ever printed. Nothing like Galactus had ever been presented in comics before, let alone made "believable" (within the realm and rules of the comic, that is).

I knew the Surfer wasn't far off when I saw those juice drink commercials on TV--Tropicana or something? Where they have two surfers flying about like the Silver Surfer?

The first FF film was indeed flawed: it had some good features (Jessica Alba, good features--also Chris Evans), and some really bad ones (Reed was so lame!). Doom was ill-conceived, but no fault of Julian McMahon's, who did as well as he could with a bad role.

stillies77
03-02-2007, 04:26 AM
it actually looks great because its a comic story not a cartoon story...and since it is in continuity with the original movies...shredder is still dead...so its comic book villains in it...of which shredder was not a big part of...

im very excited for it actually.

Kabuki
03-02-2007, 04:49 AM

I remember that Daredevil movie. The made for tv one. Really bad indeed. What about the Hulk tv movies? Those were bad. Like the tv show. Anyone remember the Hulk and Thor teaming up? Or how about the Flash tv show?

I can't believe they brought back the turtles. Next thing you know, they'll bring back Vanilla Ice for the Ninja rap song.

Chorus:
Ninja, Ninja, RAP! Ninja, Ninja, RAP!
GO GO GO
Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
Go Ninja, Go Ninja. GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
GO GO GO GO

The Ninja rap video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

I can't believe anyone liked Vanilla Ice :?

Legend
03-02-2007, 04:55 AM

I remember that Daredevil movie. The made for tv one. Really bad indeed. What about the Hulk tv movies? Those were bad. Like the tv show. Anyone remember the Hulk and Thor teaming up? Or how about the Flash tv show?

I can't believe they brought back the turtles. Next thing you know, they'll bring back Vanilla Ice for the Ninja rap song.

Chorus:
Ninja, Ninja, RAP! Ninja, Ninja, RAP!
GO GO GO
Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
Go Ninja, Go Ninja. GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
GO GO GO GO

The Ninja rap video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

I can't believe anyone liked Vanilla Ice :?

I don't know the hulk tv show was ok only part i didn't like was that they changed his name to david because they said bruce was a gay name.

SCguy
03-02-2007, 07:02 AM
This is an awesome topic. I think the new FF movie will be pretty good. The SS is awesome, so hopefully they don't screw that up. What do you think of the spider-man 3 trailers? Do you think we'll get a good dose of venom, or will he be a side villan to the Sandman?

stillies77
03-02-2007, 07:07 AM
i think venom and spidey will fight at the end

TheGuard
03-02-2007, 07:13 AM
That's probably a good bet, I haven't read any scripts since I'm trying to stay away from spoilers, but that seems to be the general consensus

Mustard_Plug
03-02-2007, 07:54 AM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3929/spidermanvenomur5.gif

I dont know, I somehow get the feeling they will end the movie with Brock becoming Venom, I mean it would be cool if they fought, but I just dont see it happening.

Oh and this is probally my favorite panel sequence from any comic.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9450/gunmonkeyud7.jpg

Mustard_Plug
03-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Well that sucked.

stillies77
03-02-2007, 08:07 AM
in one of the previews MJ is laying on Black Webbing...i assume its venom webbing because when peter uses it earlier in the preview its grey

Mustard_Plug
03-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Allright, nevermind, sorry for wasting three post, but I figured it out now.

Mustard_Plug
03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah I also remember in the preview, Peter seems to be held down with webbing around his neck, while he's reaching for someone, so you may be right.