PDA

View Full Version : Is this proper?

sucka4chix
02-27-2007, 09:50 AM
There's a girl who does some internet modeling and other entrepreneurial things who recently said she was in a car wreck. She says she survived but is asking people to buy her videos to help with her hospital bills.I'm not suggesting she made up the story, but somehow it just seems inappropriate. Is it just me?

Mephistoles
02-27-2007, 09:54 AM
To me it's a little disgusting jerking off to somebody who is now laying disfigured in a hospital. Nothing against that person or anything it just skeeves me out a lil.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-27-2007, 10:00 AM
For what its worth..Its not a bad idea to do some charity work from time to time. If indeed she got into an accident then you know your money went to a good cause to help her. If not, well its not like you spent 100bucks anyways. Helping people gives off good karma. So really being charitable isnt that bad an idea. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
For what its worth..Its not a bad idea to do some charity work from time to time. If indeed she got into an accident then you know your money went to a good cause to help her. If not, well its not like you spent 100bucks anyways. Helping people gives off good karma. So really being charitable isnt that bad an idea. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

And I thought you was a Capitalist :lol:

Lmao..a career change has made me soft and mellowed thesedays Silvester! LOL :lol:

Then again, I can put that train of thoughts and attitude right back when need be! :P LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

d
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
haha....good luck with that...i heard that scam at least 2 times already..

sucka4chix
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

yeah I believe in that and I believe the key to prosperity is giving (even though it's human nature to think the opposite),but asking me to buy your video seems like marketing and promo, not charity. I'd be more apt to help if you just ask for help, instead of selling your videos. I know it's a small difference, but to me it's significant.

lincspoacher
02-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry to throw cold water on this young lady's plea for help .. but I've also come across this before .. it's a SCAM !

Bye for now,

Poacher.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-27-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah I believe in that and I believe the key to prosperity is giving (even though it's human nature to think the opposite),but asking me to buy your video seems like marketing and promo, not charity. I'd be more apt to help if you just ask for help, instead of selling your videos. I know it's a small difference, but to me it's significant.

Good point sucka4chix. Then again, If you bought the video you atleast got something out of your contribution. Isnt that how PBS do their thing? If you pledge so much - you get a coffee mug and if you pledge even more - you get a toaster! LOL Id call that "souveneer" for having a big heart. Id say its better as opposed to getting nothing. LOL :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

biguy4tvtscd
02-28-2007, 12:54 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

And I thought you was a Capitalist :lol:

Maybe your post was entirely sarcastic and it just went over my head, but as I am an ardent supporter of capitalism, and also earned a BA in economics I can assure you that there is absolutely no tenet of capitalism that states "Thou shalt not giveth to charity"

Seriously, I do hope you were being completely sarcastic, because I hear people say an awful lot of things that tells me they have a very warped view of what capitalism is.

BeardedOne
02-28-2007, 01:30 AM
It's all relative, really.

Damn, I am talking a lot about relatives tonite. :shrug

I read a couple of online comic/graphic novel sites on a regular basis to which I 'donate' a certain amount each month because I enjoy the material and I have a history of supporting "starving artists". They aren't 'charities' really, as I am getting something for my money in return (One even sends me a nifty character pin each month as a thank-you gift).

I have 'issues' with charities, as a whole, and limit who/what I donate to and how much I send their way. There are a number that blatantly, quite literaly, throw their money away (Examples are PETA and the Mount Vernon Preservation Society) by placing coin and currency in their bulk mailings (Which, if undeliverable, are sent to the local landfill).

Everyone, at some time or another and in some degree, falls on hard times. Be it by self-induced disaster (Oops! I fumbled my account balance again!) or the movement of fate's large hand (Ms. Jade's unfortunate loss of last year comes to mind), we all have times when we need a boost.

Like it or not, we all need moments of charity and kindness of the financial sort. If pimping a video or website, a piece of art or sculpture, a service or talent to the end that we gain some small bit of forward motion in our finances is what we have to do, then go for it.

As was stated earlier, PBS does it on a daily basis and, like it or not, we still listen and watch and, for some, donate.

The basics are simple: If you have doubts, issues, or a feeling of judgement towards those asking for 'donation', simply close your wallet and move on.

I do.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Like it or not, we all need moments of charity and kindness of the financial sort. If pimping a video or website, a piece of art or sculpture, a service or talent to the end that we gain some small bit of forward motion in our finances is what we have to do, then go for it.

As was stated earlier, PBS does it on a daily basis and, like it or not, we still listen and watch and, for some, donate.

The basics are simple: If you have doubts, issues, or a feeling of judgement towards those asking for 'donation', simply close your wallet and move on.

I do.

I agree B1! :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG