PDA

View Full Version : Are you a toxic bachelor?

AllanahStarrNYC
02-27-2007, 09:24 AM
I have met quite a few of these in my life time...

Are you or were you ever a:

Toxic Bachelor n.

The term toxic bachelor refers to an unmarried man who is (at once) selfish, insensitive, and afraid of commitment. A dangerous, but well-known cocktail.

It is a life of emotional limbo: they present enough of themselves to attract the desired prey, and then immediately retreat as soon as they perceive the threat of responsibility. You see, that is what the toxic bachelor fears most. He abandons the once-desirable prey, leaving her exhausted and emotionally-mangled spoils for someone else to deal with.

Of course, the toxic bachelor is a natural candidate for metrosexuality. In fact, their inherent selfishness propels them to idol-status among the breed. Free from the ties and accountability associated with fidelity and romantic relationships, the toxic bachelor has all the time in the world to carouse, embrace himself and get lost in his own reflection.

Kabuki
02-27-2007, 09:30 AM
It seems like I'm far from being one of those. Is there a thing as a "toxic bachelorette" though? I came across a few already in my life.

qeuqheeg222
02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
was it narcissus in greek mythos who was in love with his own reflection in the pond?.allanah there are a lot of toxic ponds out there amidst all the different peoples and sexualities.are the gay men who are into the circuit scene more toxic than the metrosexuals?

AllanahStarrNYC
02-27-2007, 09:36 AM
i like metrosexuals actually-i like manicured hands, pedicured feet, well dressed-clothes concious, etc.

and i guess the term could transcend any sexual orientation.

qeuqheeg222
02-27-2007, 09:43 AM
we all have varying degrees of toxic narcissitude?

hwbs
02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
hmmm i think i know where this thread is going,lol...

sucka4chix
02-27-2007, 10:41 AM
i like metrosexuals actually-i like manicured hands, pedicured feet, well dressed-clothes concious, etc.

and i guess the term could transcend any sexual orientation.

Metrosexual: a homosexual who's afraid to admit he sucks dick.
(I didn't say it)

scorpion
02-27-2007, 10:56 AM

Toxic Bachelor n.

The term toxic bachelor refers to an unmarried man who is (at once) selfish, insensitive, and afraid of commitment. A dangerous, but well-known cocktail.

It is a life of emotional limbo: they present enough of themselves to attract the desired prey, and then immediately retreat as soon as they perceive the threat of responsibility. You see, that is what the toxic bachelor fears most. He abandons the once-desirable prey, leaving her exhausted and emotionally-mangled spoils for someone else to deal with.

Of course, the toxic bachelor is a natural candidate for metrosexuality. In fact, their inherent selfishness propels them to idol-status among the breed. Free from the ties and accountability associated with fidelity and romantic relationships, the toxic bachelor has all the time in the world to carouse, embrace himself and get lost in his own reflection.

:oops: Hate to say this..but I recognize mee to a part of it.
But Im absolutely not selfish,insensitive and afraid of commitment.
Shorter and free relations works fine four mee but longer has never been god and have always crached hard.
I know that I have very hard to show my real feelings and its pain mee sometimes.
So I guess someones can think of mee as one toxic bachelor even if Im realy aint one.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM
hmmm i think i know where this thread is going,lol...

http://www.lasplash.com/artman/uploads/couple-arguing-_1.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/images/300/couple_argument3.jpg

http://www.reuniting.info/images/argument.jpg

http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_100/pictures_100/125_dating_advice.jpg

lincspoacher
02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Well I live alone but was once married .. do I qualify for "Batchelor" status ?

I'd hardly describe myself as "toxic" (though some people have ascribed that term to the Pipe which I smoke) .. :wink:

Afraid of "committment" ? .. not I .. quite the reverse in fact .. I'm looking for someone to settle down with & to share in my life.

Selfish ? ... I've been described as many things in my life but I doubt anyone (even my enemies) could level that accusation .. if I've got something,then you're welcome to share it .. & I'd sooner do you a good turn,than a bad one :lol:

In love with myself ? .. hardly,that's why I take at least 50% of the blame for my marriage breaking down ... I'm all too aware of my own failings ... :oops:

Realistic ? .. dead right .. if I fell into a barrel of Tits,I'd be the only one to come out sucking my own thumb ... :(

Bye for now,

Poacher.

Kriss
02-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Of course, the toxic bachelor is a natural candidate for metrosexuality.

I don't understand this term 'metrosexual'. Is it a person that has sex with cities? No, really what does it mean?

BeardedOne
02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't understand this term 'metrosexual'. Is it a person that has sex with cities? No, really what does it mean?

No, it's when you have sex on the Metro, like in Risky Business. :lol:

Damn. Disqualified at the gate. :? I'm the kinda guy who self-manicures with teeth, wirecutters, whatever's handy (As it were). Pedicure is what I do after being on my feet all day...Though I'd call it more 'pedisoak'. :) Clothes-concious = Knowing which shirt is clean without having to sniff it (Though I do occasionally dress up).

As for the nature of the thread: I don't think I =was= a TB, but I think I may have become one, to some degree, over time. I've developed a rather short fuse when it comes to emotional things and I'm sure that this can be defined as being insensitive. As for being selfish, that's relative to a number of variables though I'll confess to having reached a point in my life where I am more interested in what makes =me= smile more than how entertained those around me might be.

The 'afraid of commitment' part is also relative, more to definition than to situation. Some define it as a monogamous relationship, others by formal marriage, and I know several couples that were both monogamous (Unusal for the circles I've evolved in) =and= married yet did not feel commited to each other until they combined their personal libraries.

:shrug

I can't be afraid of it until I know what it is.

chefmike
02-27-2007, 10:58 PM
.......... :wink:

.................... :)

............................ :arrow:

latrix67
02-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Dear Doctor Allanah,
We have one of those at work...Love's himself he does,thinks he's gods gift to women,dresses like a New Romantic from the 80's,bleached hair & wear a belt low slung like women do!
Some days I feel like going up to him & yelling "Get on Parade you 'orrible little excuse for a man!".....
I need help....
Please....

Trogdor
02-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Of course, the toxic bachelor is a natural candidate for metrosexuality.

A heterosexual male who has a strong aesthetic sense and inordinate interest in appearance and style, similar to that of homosexual males.

They are basically heterosexual pretty boys without the homosexual tendencies.

I like to play the metrosexual role because it's something I adopted while being single. I mostly pay close attention to my aesthetics because it's something that is constantly being improve upon when trying to market myself for dating women. Which has yet to work for me.

:arrow: Same here, I just like to look good is all.

crayons
02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
I like to play the metrosexual role because it's something I adopted while being single. I mostly pay close attention to my aesthetics because it's something that is constantly being improve upon when trying to market myself for dating women. Which has yet to work for me.

You have an interesting word choice. How exactly do you market yourself for dating women?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
this shit has so little to do with "looks"...................

look,
getting back to the original question I don't think there is such a thing as a toxic bachelor.......... I think there are people who are willing to wait and sift through the phonies to find someone they really want to be with and possibly settle down with; it can't be forced on anyone and it shouldn't be used EVER as an ultimatum by the party that wants the so-called toxic bachelor to MAN UP and assume the responsibility of "HER MAN" etc.

coming from a guy that has turned down several offers over the last few years I am glad this post was made, finally it's off my chest

Coroner
02-28-2007, 12:10 AM
No, Iīm a man :lol:

Well, Iīm cleaning my teeth, washing myself but to go too far.... no, thanks. Lots of guys here are "metrosexual" who look ridiculous, you donīt know whoīs the diva, his girlfriend or he himself. And the funny shit about it is that most of them are homophobic but look appear more gay than any gay male. Itīs our nature to look ugly (I mean men) :lol: but being ugly is still better than looking ridiculous. I donīt mean to hurt somebodyīs feelings here, sorry, but anybody has his own opinion.

:lol:

peggygee
02-28-2007, 07:47 PM

Toxic Bachelor n.

I think there are too many bio-hazards
in the environment. :evil:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/biohaz_sticker3x3.jpg

Too many men with a fear of commitment, who basically
want to play the field, and will use any ploy to get what
they want.

They are very cunning and adept, and know just what means
to utilize to obtain their selfish goals.

They are basically seeking to 'hit it and quit it'.

They are a hazard to the mental health of decent women.

Though they also are at risk to their own physical well being with their selfish chicanery. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/badass-1.gif

Fortunately, I am trained in dealing with hazardous siuations
and individuals.

But, I gotta tell ya, wearing this
suit al the time is a bitch.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/hazmatsuit.jpg

werwt22
03-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Some guys just go through hard relationships and are scared of repeats, and some just use women as a bootycall, while others just wanna have a good time with no strong emotional strings attached. I can say I've been through all of those situations and they vary depending who you talk to. Theres ways to pick up on it if your good at spotting it, but it's best just to feel the situation out before you get attached.

franks
03-01-2007, 05:42 AM

Toxic Bachelor n.

the question you raise is really a good one, albeit kind of broad. honestly, I do possess some of the characteristics you mention in your thread, but I don't consider myself a toxic bachelor. It's a basic fault in men, unfortunately, that we tend to want our cake and eat it too, and all too often we don't want to be committed to anyone in particular. women are just more mature when it comes to knowing what they want in a relationship from an early age. I do think that it can be unfair at times to use the word "afraid" when making reference to commitment with men involved with women. I don't like mayonnaise, but I'm certaintly not afraid of it. the best way, in my opinion, to avoid this kind of guy is to discuss early on in the relationship what the two of your goals and objectives are, and if he still turns out to be a "toxic bachelor", then he's really something worse than that, he's a liar.

p.s.: want to really avoid this type? date someone really young or someone twenty years or so older than yourself.

olite71
03-01-2007, 07:14 AM

Toxic Bachelor n.

Why imperil the richness of the english language with these newfangled redudancies....there is already a wonderful english word to describe toxic bachelors and metrosexuals...and it's been around for a few centuries.

That word is:

"A dandy."

The spanish variant, is a wonderful word: "Un seņorito."

mikey_stl
03-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Toxic Bachelor n.

I used to be that way, but now I long for commitment. I was never a metrosexual, though. Things have happened in my life to convice me that I'm really happier being as unselfish as possible and caring for another.

peggygee
03-04-2007, 07:58 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bump-1.gif

naughtyboy
03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm a life long bachelor, but I think it has more to do with accepting the fact that I'm really attracted to TS's as a bottom than anything else. While I've been with a decent amount of women, I'd never say I was a babe magnet. Don't get me wrong I'm attractive, educated, professional and make a decent wage (I often joke with my boss when I do something well, "that's why you pay me the medium bucks").

There have only been 2 women that I really was into and both of those relationships flamed out and the only blame I would take was wanting too much too fast, not a fear of committment.

Anyway probably TMI

gummi baer
03-04-2007, 08:54 PM

No, it's when you have sex on the Metro, like in Risky Business. :lol:

Sounds like having sex with trainies. :lol: I think they do that alot in Japan.

dabaldone
03-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, I'm a bachelor and I live alone. I enjoy looking good and smelling nice, good grooming is a must. Am I toxic? No, I'm not. I was in a 3 plus year relationship with a trans-woman and she was involved in all aspects of my life.

Now that we have split, I think I'm more picky than toxic. What's the point in becoming emotionally attached to a woman who doesn't meet your needs and wants? I don't mean just beauty and the sexual aspect either.

I've been in Cali about 7 months now and have dated a handfull of trans-women. I wouldn't say I'm distant emotionally or unable to commit. They just didn't fit. I also don't make promises that I have no intention on keeping.

The truth is universal and everlasting. I tell the truth to any woman I'm involved with...maybe sometimes the truth is too harsh. But, I enter and exit with a clean consious.

v3.6
03-04-2007, 11:05 PM
allanah.. im not too afraid of commitment..

<3