PDA

View Full Version : It's Just Sex: A New Breed of Women

peggygee
02-25-2007, 07:07 AM
It's Just Sex: A New Breed of Women
By Stefan Orenda

There seems to be a new trend among women in the realm of sex and relationships. Traditionally men have been the ones with the ability to have sex indiscriminately with little more thought put into it other than their own pleasure. However, more and more I am meeting women with a clear emotional detachment towards sex.

OK, once all the men stop jumping up and down and high fiving each other, take a moment and really think about what this means. While it may look like someone has just opened a new guilt free sex buffet, a shift in social conforms of this kind dramatically changes sexual dynamics.

Historically women have been notorious for placing emotional value on sex. The fastest way into her pants used to be through her heart, and while men have had to deal with the occasional clinger or a brief pang of guilt over breaking a heart, this tendency was a great source of control over women.

The act of "making love" gave the man direct access to a woman's heart. This kind of power allowed men to get away with a lot of crap. A guy could cheat, get caught and then get off the hook by "making love" and re-affirming the connection. Screw up by having sex and then fix it by having more sex... sweet deal!

Remove the emotional attachment and men have no real control. They are left to stand on only the quality of their sexual performance. Where before, women would stick around out of emotional attachment and only stray when her emotional needs could be met somewhere else. Now she could stray based on her sexual urges alone.

However, a woman’s emotional detachment does not mean that she is putting out more. In fact, without their hearts clouding their judgment they are less susceptible to the old tricks. And because they are thinking only of their own immediate physical satisfaction, they are actually more selective, judging men by a whole new set of rules.

This new set of rules even further changes the dynamic. No longer is a woman content to sit at the bar waiting to be approached. She must actively go hunting for a man that meets her criteria. Essentially the line between predator and prey is starting to fade dropping men a notch on the sexual food chain.

Men have always fantasized about a non-committal woman; a woman that can just enjoy sex and move on. I do not think however most men are ready for it. Being so easily replaced on a physical urge and waking up finding that she snuck out in the middle of the night, and then is going to avoid your calls for a week is going to take some getting used to.

Is this an evolution of women trying to conform to what men have said they wanted? In essence, a -careful what you wish for- scenario. Perhaps this the precursory shift back to a matriarchal society where women hold the reins and men are left begging.

Maybe it is just simply, what goes around comes around.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Stefan_Orenda

muhmuh
02-25-2007, 07:26 AM
hm where did you find this ? 1968?
seriously though hasnt it been like this ever since the pill and the sexual revolution hit the dating scene hard?

Kriss
02-25-2007, 08:14 AM
In my opinion women have always wanted to 'have their cake and eat it' and now they can realise this. Some interesting study (I forget details, lots of picking ideal mates from photos) suggested that women really seek two kinds of man. One that is loyal, dependable, will raise kids, etc and one for sex. It's just how society develops I guess. Do any U.K. girls & guys remember the sketches in 'The two ronnies' about a future women dominated society. I can vaguely recall the busty p.v.c. clad policewomen riding around on bicycles. Sometimes I think that programme may have had a profound effect on my mind as an impressionable 8 year old.

peggygee
02-25-2007, 07:19 PM
hm where did you find this ? 1968?
seriously though hasnt it been like this ever since the pill and the sexual revolution hit the dating scene hard?

1968, nope not quite.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/blackwomenbw.jpg

I actually posted it because I was trying to understand
the 'friends with benefits' phenomena better.

For me there has to be an emotional connection before
I can do 'the nasty'.

Different strokes for different folks. :shrug

rprince
02-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I like benefits booty call

Trogdor
02-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Where were these chicks when I was in high school?! :P