PDA

View Full Version : ...

cubano008
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
have you been to miami before? if this is your first time coming down, theres obviously plenty of nightlife, but theres other stuff too, like the art museum in ft. lauderdale (not too far) if that's your sort of thing.

south ov da border
02-20-2007, 07:21 PM
depends on what you want to do? The beach is cool when it's warm enough, and if u'r going clubbing, there's a lot on the beach and there's club space or metropolis downtown.

I've been gone from there for a while, so I'm not too hip on what's goin on right now.

Ecstatic
02-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Lovely new photo, Leora. I haven't been to Miami or FL in 27 years, but I made many trips there during the 70s. One of my favorite spots was the Fairchild Tropical Gardens in Coconut Grove. I assume it's still there. They had a wonderful range of tropical and exotic plants from around the world, incredible flowers, just a really nice place to relax for a few hours.

suckseed
02-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Wow, Leora. You look great!

otherguy
02-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Yes, we are definatly going to the Fairchild Tropical Gardens this week. Apparently there is some glass blowing exhibit there.

Fairchild has Chilhuly blown glass during our wntertime (Feb-Mar) It's beautiful:

http://www.fairchildgarden.org/index.cfm?page=chihulyatfairchild

The beach is nice, but it's been hella cold for the past two weeks, way colder than normal--40s-60s. In Jan it was a sweet high 70s-80s. The cold trend is really only Feb-Mar. April heats up again and cruises to the August doldrums at around 93F.

Before yall start bitching--for a native if it is colder than AC (68F) you break out the parka and leather. No shit. Isn't Allanah a native? She'd confirm it.

What else to do? Well if you know anyone with a boat, go out no matter what the weather. Miami is a city by the sea--you can't truly experience it without it. Sure it's beautiful on the beach at night with all of the Deco, but like any clubland it looks awful at 10am.

Other touristy stuff-
Check out Vizcaya in Coconut Grove.
Check out the gators in Shark Valley, Everglades.
The Keys are dead mid week, but Key West is pretty OK. It's 4h South of Miami by car.
Check out Stiltsville, Star Island, etc. if you can get a boat.
If you can get a boat on the weekend, check out the flats at Haulover, Stiltsville or Elliot Key. Again with the boats.

Solitary Brother
02-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Nothing? I know we are going to the Vizcaya Museum sometime this week plus the World Erotic Art Museum.

Allanah would be the best person to ask since she live there for a while.
I lived there for 7years and went to the Vizcaya Museum in middle school(long time ago).

There is so much beauty down there,most of it man made of course.
There are some of the most high end and exclusive clothing shops in the world down there.....places you cant walk into...you have to make an appointment and be allowed in.

The food is phenominal there.....especially the Cuban food....
Everything is SO spread out but there are tons of places you can go LOTS of clubs.

I MISS MY FORMER HOME!

NRT
02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi there, do you lovely ladies know about the Miami Winter Music conference in March 19-27? Its on South Beach the world's leading DJs will be there

Hope to see you there cos I will be flying over from London to be there

south ov da border
02-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi there, do you lovely ladies know about the Miami Winter Music conference in March 19-27? Its on South Beach the world's leading DJs will be there

Hope to see you there cos I will be flying over from London to be there

Daytona's also hopping that time of the year. That conference brings a lotta folks...

RawNY
02-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Go to South Beach and give the boys and girls a peek at those beatuiful breasts, LOL.

eggbert
02-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Leora, if you find the time, take a visit to the Morikami Museum & Gardens in Delray Beach. Very nice. If you're interested learn more at www.morikami.org PS- you look great in the latest picture.

otherguy
02-22-2007, 06:16 AM
I may be the only admitted native, but I'll say that Miami is like most of Florida--it's not a destination town. You go there and enjoy the environs rather than exploring ancient ruins. Go blow up South Beach and check out the few bits and pieces of history: deco on the Beach, Coral Gables' Spanish architecture, a bad palomilla at Versailles on 8th Street (get the Chicken Imperial instead.) Coconut Grove isn't worth visiting for any reason unless you live there or for the King Mango Strut (New Year's) or CG Arts Festival (last weekend). You are here in about the only hospitable time to check out the Everglades and take the bike ride to Shark Valley or head down to Everglades National Park in Florida City (1h south, right before the Keys.)

NadiaUSA
02-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I went to dinner at Emeril's on South beach. The food was great and I sat at the bar overlooking the kitchen. If you are into food or the food network on TV then you will love sitting there at watching them cook.

http://www.emerils.com/restaurants/miamibeach_emerils/

Regards,
Nadia

blakpadi
02-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Natural beauty...I'll be there next week...are you staying long?