PDA

View Full Version : What browser are you currently using the most?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm still a firefox fan, but I find myself drifting over to Opera from time to time, and I barely ever use IE7

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM
SAME! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

ShemaleFan
02-18-2007, 10:40 PM
FireFox for your safety :roll:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Opera is not unsafe, the developers over there have been doing their homework

hwbs
02-18-2007, 10:43 PM
i just use opera on the wii so far...but its still a test browser and doesnt have all of the full features yet...

timxxx
02-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I still use firefox, never use IE & l have heard good things about Opera, will check it out.

LG
02-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Firefox is cool. I find it more stable than Explorer, and I like the fact that I can open up new tabs in the same window. Opera has the same feature, I think.

muhmuh
02-18-2007, 10:59 PM
ie6 most of the time since i just dont get tabbed browsing ... with a lot of ff and opera time mixed in between to brows forums without messing with my accounts cookies (vbb is utterly rubbish) etc

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-18-2007, 11:02 PM
i actually preferred IE6 over 7
7 is just too slow for me

Fox & Opera are fucking damn near instantaneous compared to IE7

wombat33
02-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm still a firefox fan, but I find myself drifting over to Opera from time to time, and I barely ever use IE7

I designed my own

kukm4
02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Firefox. recently installed Opera, but i'm so used to firefox
template its gonna take time to get used to opera layout.
If I could move the tabs to it was more like firefox I would prob. change. Untill then i'll stick w/ firefox

muhmuh
02-19-2007, 12:40 AM
If I could move the tabs to it was more like firefox I would prob. change. Untill then i'll stick w/ firefox

edit:
i should learn reading

you can get opera to work exactly like ff with a few tweaks

flabbybody
02-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm on AOL. is that a browser?
it sucks by the way. but there's no one on earth that knows less about computers than me.

werwt22
02-19-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm using Firefox. Great for the most part but firefox has been locking my computer up when i go to certain myspace pages. Anyone else having that prob?

Coroner
02-19-2007, 02:48 AM
I was in the stone age all the time using IE. I got Firefox a week ago. For now, itīs the best browser and guard for you computer.

BeardedOne
02-19-2007, 02:53 AM
I float from IE7 to Firefox. I'm indecicive. :roll:

If you're using AOL as your browser, DON'T! My experince has been that a lot of sites crash or don't work at all via AOL. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the Parental Controls filters, because it invariable involves adult sites like HA.

Essentially, I use whatever works.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-19-2007, 02:54 AM
FF was cool for me until the last 2 updates, now I cant use yahoo mail or aol mail without the shit crashing the browser, i don't know if it's an extension or what, drives me nuts

kukm4
02-19-2007, 03:04 AM
FF was cool for me until the last 2 updates, now I cant use yahoo mail or aol mail without the shit crashing the browser, i don't know if it's an extension or what, drives me nuts

Yeah I did nto like firefox 2.0 so I went back to 1.5.0.9. Have not had any prob. yet.

hal3000
02-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Iīm on Fire(fox) 2.0, :D :D
Itīs just the best and itīs FREE :!: :!:

junior
02-19-2007, 05:44 AM
I am using Firefox 2.0 with very little problems. I use Yahoo mail with no issues but I do have a problem with certain pages on Myspace. I have tried to figure why but haven't yet. As for IE7 it SUXXXXXXXXXXXXX !!!!!!!

kukm4
02-19-2007, 05:56 AM
maybe dowloading latest version of Java could resolve those myspace issues?

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

download Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6
offline version.

Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6-windows-i586.exe
12.56 MB

lincspoacher
02-19-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm a recent Firefox convert & I much prefer it to IE7.

Bye for now,

Poacher.

sucka4chix
02-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I use what ever it takes! Mainly firefox,but I've been to site that stream that I can only get to work with IE. I actually hate both!! Was much more comfortable with Netscape and could down load more. Firefox seems to freeze up my computer until a file loads.

MDinMD
02-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I use IE6, IE7, and Firefox. I don't like IE7, but I installed it on one machine at home a few weeks ago - I still don't like it. Firefox is good but not compatible with some of the stuff I do at work, so most of the stuff I do there is IE6.

latrix67
02-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Firefox,Have opera as a back up but as for IE,No thanks! :lol:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-19-2007, 11:28 PM
think I might go back to 1.5 also, it was very stable

mofungo
08-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of ppl here using Firefox. My profession is web development and I create websites with Firefox (Mac).

BrendaQG
08-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Most of the time I use firefox weather I am in Linux or windows. If I am in Linux I will also often use a browser called Konqueror it is basically the same as Safari.

mofungo
08-10-2007, 04:09 AM
Most of the time I use firefox weather I am in Linux or windows. If I am in Linux I will also often use a browser called Konqueror it is basically the same as Safari.

Oooh, Brenda. Talk browser to me baby! If 402 (payment required), I can give 411 (length required) in the 502 (bad gateway). :D

mofungo
08-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Seriously though, Brenda. Which Linux is your flavor? I'm a Ubuntu kind of guy.... sounds to me like the African origin of karma and Buddhism.

Alchemist
08-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Opera is all I need.

whatsupwithat
08-10-2007, 04:17 AM
firefox.

Somedude21
08-10-2007, 04:19 AM

Firefox and only Firefox. It's served me well thusfar and I see no reason to change.

pscottyf
08-10-2007, 04:19 AM
a proud user of Netscape 7.01. I refuse to give in to the evil empire

Falrune
08-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Safari mainly. But also IE, Mozilla, and rarely, AOLs browser

TopHeavyCutie
08-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Wow...I never really thoguht about browsers. All this talk about FireFly has gotten me curious. Guess i will step out of the matrix and step into the real world. I have been using IE ever since I got my captain's license to navigate the net. I've been such a bimbo all this time. Guess its time to learn a new boat!

Thanx Fellas :D

flabbybody
08-10-2007, 04:58 AM
OK, as long as this annoying thread was re-opened by all you tech experts: my loved ones are trying to talk me into purchasing the new iMac. Is this a suitable choice for a complete retard like myself? I only know a windows based computer both in my home and at my job. My company network is totally PC, of course.

Is going Apple an easy transition? I'll appreciate honest replys.

Falrune
08-10-2007, 05:09 AM
OK, as long as this annoying thread was re-opened by all you tech experts: my loved ones are trying to talk me into purchasing the new iMac. Is this a suitable choice for a complete retard like myself? I only know a windows based computer both in my home and at my job. My company network is totally PC, of course.

Is going Apple an easy transition? I'll appreciate honest replys.

Well, you know the answers to this will be totally biased. I've been on Macs since the MacPlus (1986) so of course, I'm accustomed to Macs. There are about 3 ways you can run Windows applications on the Mac, so if you really make a transition (and this is bigger than a male-to-female sex change, LOL), you can kind of ease your way into it.

BUT -- I'd seriously question why do your loved ones want you to make the change... besides, back on topic, I've read that the Apple browser, Safari v 3.0 beta will work very nicely on Windows and is taking dead aim on Firefox.

mofungo
08-10-2007, 05:10 AM
Dear Flabbybody,

many ppl will try to convert you from your allegiance to the Sith Lord Gates, but heed not their cries. If you are being served well by PCs, then it is better the devil you know. I am a Mac and Linux person, and I see their value for me; and that is all I will say.

Solitary Brother
08-10-2007, 06:17 AM

FIRE fox is a memory hog..........other than that its great.
I currently use safari 3.
Opera cant compete with the others sorry.

Dark32
08-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Firefox is the love of my life.

TopHeavyCutie
08-10-2007, 07:25 AM
I just installed firefly like 30 mins ago...and have already become quite use to it. Didn't know how to get the tabs up an runnin like with IE7 , but with the add-on, everything seems to be ok. LOT more security than IE7. I Think I like. Gunna try Safari 3 and Opera next. To see which one I like best.

Thanks again guys for the heads up.

JOB WELL DONE!

mbf
08-10-2007, 07:53 AM
internet explorer 7
opera

i have installed firefox, but rarely use it. i never understood the hype about it.

i might give safari for windows a try.

i just love the speed with opera

i got to kinda like ie7 now that i have bought a new laptop with plenty of memory and a fast processor. altho i bet if u have an older computer, ie7 will just need too much of resources.

Willie Escalade
08-10-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm using the fox as well...the latest version. I also use some add-ons, namely AdBlock Plus and NoScript. With these two I never crash.

I keep IE7 as a backup, and with all of the chat about it, I'm thinking about trying out Opera. Fuck Netscape! :lol:

phxguy
08-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I use Firefox only because Microsoft doesn't do updates for IE for Macs.

BrendaQG
08-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Seriously though, Brenda. Which Linux is your flavor? I'm a Ubuntu kind of guy.... sounds to me like the African origin of karma and Buddhism.

LOL @ that "bad gateway" crack.

I prefere Mandriva. It has the best confguration tools of any linux I have used to date.

@JWBL

Why do you ask? Thinking of revamping the page and want to know which browser to write for.

Sure in an ideal world all browsers would be compliant with W3C standards and pass the Acid 2 Test. So that would not matter. Just wondering.

rawrr
08-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I use IE7 more than any other. I use Firefox for some stuff if IE7 is being gay. As for Opera, I downloaded it and it was crap, I just didn't like it to be honest.

TopHeavyCutie
08-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Hmmmm...I downloaded firefox last night for the first time in the enitre 20 some odd years i've been navigating the net. And for the moment I was tinkering with it...it was great....but then I gave opera a try and it was like...WOW I like Opera 10 fold over that of firefox. So much faster....and I LOVE the speed dail feature. Now that REALLY comes in handy. Once i figured out how to set all the serch bars to Google. It was great. Skin choices suck...but hey....NO more IE for me!

Thanx tech heads!

mbf
08-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Hmmmm...I downloaded firefox last night for the first time in the enitre 20 some odd years i've been navigating the net. And for the moment I was tinkering with it...it was great....but then I gave opera a try and it was like...WOW I like Opera 10 fold over that of firefox. So much faster....and I LOVE the speed dail feature. Now that REALLY comes in handy. Once i figured out how to set all the serch bars to Google. It was great. Skin choices suck...but hey....NO more IE for me!

Thanx tech heads!

i love opera as well (see above post). and, if i have to use dial up for whatever reason, i can still navigate the web somewhat comfortable with opera. all other alternative browsers are just too slow for that.