PDA

View Full Version : AO Hell

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-15-2007, 02:56 AM
been trying to get into this "infamous" AOL chatroom after hearing about all of the local and some of the [net famous] dames many of you talk about being on there................

unfortunately if you don't have the AO HELL account (meaning you give them credit info after you download their main software) you can't get into their chatrooms

now this is very weird

reason 1: tons of other services offer access to their chat service for nothing, the main one being Yahoo........ as much as yahoo chat sucks due to the bootcodes, laggers, etc. it's still offered for free, we even went over to it from HA one time, the room was cool for a few hours

reason 2: AOL is supposed to be free now IF you have a broadband connection, this doesn't seem to be the case. If you sign up with their free.aol.com service and make a username you only get the crappy aol software, not the 9.0+ software. Now this is both a blessing & a curse; AO HELL software has never been truly compatible with Windows platforms, often leaving some users with a reformat decision once they delete AOL from their pc's. The blessing being that you don't have to go through that with this openride crap software they beg you to download, but that includes no access to their chat rooms; very strange............

Last night I was told by a friend to sign on with the 9.0+ software, give them the info, then call them to tell them I had broadband. The instructions were clear but it still seems fishy. Being a past AO Hell user I can recall them attempting to bill me for a month I never used on my card, so I have my doubts when it comes to giving them anymore info.

venting complete