PDA

View Full Version : All my children storyline sucks

sucka4chix
02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
OK I'm flippin thru the channels and I see this hideous so-called transitioning person on "All my Children".He/she is involved with a lesbian and a murder suspect.He/she talks like a guy looks like a guy and I think helps to reinforce negative ideas people already have of transgenders.Just awful.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
brought this up a while ago
do a search next time

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=14470&highlight=zarf

sucka4chix
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
brought this up a while ago
do a search next time

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=14470&highlight=zarf
Sorry, but I did search all my children

Caleigh
02-13-2007, 12:36 AM
in writing this storyline they must have been very worried about not making the TG character too attractive, because then a) all the straight guys that watch would be freaked out that they were attracted to a "guy" b) all the not so attractive women that watch the show would be demoralized that a guy could look so much better than them

sucka4chix
02-13-2007, 12:47 AM
in writing this storyline they must have been very worried about not making the TG character too attractive, because then a) all the straight guys that watch would be freaked out that they were attracted to a "guy" b) all the not so attractive women that watch the show would be demoralized that a guy could look so much better than them
Ok, that's a good theory,but could he at least have some femininity, lose some of that bass in his voice. I couldn't even watch it. And Erica's pseudo gay daughter always got on my nerves, so the interaction with the 2 is too much.

spooker609
02-13-2007, 12:53 AM
QUICK!!!!! If you actually watch soap operas Kill yourself NOW!!!!!
Seriously they do nothing But reinforce negative steryotypes...

ezed
02-13-2007, 07:22 AM
OK I'm flippin thru the channels and I see this hideous so-called transitioning person on "All my Children".He/she is involved with a lesbian and a murder suspect.He/she talks like a guy looks like a guy and I think helps to reinforce negative ideas people already have of transgenders.Just awful.

Hey, sucka4chix, what are you? The TV review guy? :?:

sucka4chix
02-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Hey, sucka4chix, what are you? The TV review guy? :?:
among other things

Mugai_hentaisha
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
hummmmm

Soap opera + intelligent storyline=

getting out ye ole TI-93 doing some calculations.......carry the 1..........subtract pi.........

Just as I figured doesn't add up.........

MrsKellyPierce
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
They wanted to do someone who had a harder time with transition -- she is eventually going to go through FFS -- and get a higher pitched voice -- they really wanted to show the rawness of it. Not every transsexual comes out with a sparkling voice etc, especially since he was a rockstar before that portrayed they role of a man he is getting used to being a woman now....

sucka4chix
02-17-2007, 03:44 PM
hummmmm

getting out ye ole TI-93 doing some calculations.......carry the 1..........subtract pi.........

When I was in college the tv lounge in the student center would be packed with athletes,scholars,you name it during All my Children because it was very entertaining. The best thing was to watch on friday and wait for the cliff hanger so everyone could yell out "awww c'mon" in unison.It was sorta like watching rocky horror.The storyline doesn't have to be intelligent. There are/have been stories about time travel,vampires all sorts of things on soaps but this JUST SUCKS ASS!

Mugai_hentaisha
02-17-2007, 04:27 PM
hummmmm

When I was in college the tv lounge in the student center would be packed with athletes,scholars,you name it during All my Children because it was very entertaining. The best thing was to watch on friday and wait for the cliff hanger so everyone could yell out "awww c'mon" in unison.It was sorta like watching rocky horror.The storyline doesn't have to be intelligent. There are/have been stories about time travel,vampires all sorts of things on soaps but this JUST SUCKS ASS!

I hear ya I was a great big fan of Dark Shadows but I really don't count it in the same league as what we see today.

True some of them provide some notion of cheap thrills....but i get a bigger kick out of people who are addicted to them than the shows themselves.