PDA

View Full Version : Comic Books

stillies77
02-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Anyone here collect comics or read any comics besides me and Hollywood?

spooker609
02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I have a whole bunch upstairs in a footlocker most are pre 1982 from my school days (yes I'm 42). Haven't bought any in years but always liked Iorn Man, Captain America, Warlord, X-Men, Deatlok, Master Of Kung Fu, Iorn Fist, Bat Man.....

Caleigh
02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I own pretty much everything Alan Moore did in
the U.S. up until From Hell and also a bunch of
old Commies From Mars and other Last Gasp
comics. A smattering of other stuff but the only
thing I wish I had was the first Bondage Fairy
series in original issue.

stillies77
02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
so a hot hung angel who knows john byrne...welcome to heaven haha

jedimaster
02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
i like comics but dont "collect" them... yet... i just have a few graphic novels, Batman the Dark Knight Returns... the Star Wars adaptations TPBs... Kingdom Come... Batman HUSH... Matrix comics... a few loose batman issues...

I think if i were to collect, i'd base it on writer and artist criteria, like Frank Miller's stuff or Alan Moore's... i also like Tim Sale's style very much.

http://www.timsale1.com/batman/covers/longhalloween_lg.jpg

hwbs
02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
love anything from frank miller and todd mcfarlane....dont sleep on the old adult version TMNT... :lol:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Kingdom Come and Civil War are 2 of my favorite series
I've been downloading the Civil War series every new update, Kingdom Come I have in a paperback

Caleigh
02-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I heard that Deus Ex Machina is supposed to be
a good series. Anyone read that?

Legend
02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
You guys should check out the new gunslinger series by stephen king but yeah i enjoy comics i'm wanting for another dc vs marvel series.

hwbs
02-11-2007, 09:51 PM
i dont collect anymore.. i just saved all my comics from when i was a kid.....all with plastic and cardboard backings....maybe they will be worth something someday... :lol:

BeardedOne
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I used to collect comics, long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I ended up using the collection to seed the inventory of my comic store which was open for less than a year (Timing was off, landlord was an asshole, economy was schizy, yada, yada, yada). Never got back into it, really. I do still have my original Elfquests (I always liked the anime artstyle) and pretty much all of Chaykin's American Flagg and Mike Grell's Sable. I've been out of the loop so long that I'm not in tune with what's hot and what's not anymore.

What ever became of Howard the Duck? :lol:

BeardedOne
02-11-2007, 11:09 PM
What ever became of Howard the Duck? :lol:OMG, I remember my friend's older brother had a bunch those! They were pretty funny as I remember. I haven't heard anyone talk about that since I was a little kid. :)

I picked up my first HTD at issue 8-ish (Bus To Oblivion, where he first meets Winda Wester) just prior to the lawsuit by Disney against Gerber wherein they tried to say that Howard (Based on Peter Falk's Columbo character) was a ripoff of Donald Duck. This led to the storyline of pants-for-anmals so that Howard could cover his tailfeathers and not look so much like Donald - Yah, royt).

Am I the only one that actually liked the movie? :?

Somewhere, I have an original skecth by one of the Howard artists that shows him in his To Hack And Back taxi with my old cab number on it. :D

stillies77
02-12-2007, 12:04 AM
haha howard the duck just appeared in a civil war miniseries with all the obscure marvel characters...man my friend showed me some zap comics before thats some strange stuff haha...gotta respect the art though...i suggest you check out the pro by amanda conner she is an amazing artist who draws a hooker superhero amazingly well haha

stillies77
02-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Heres my collection of trades, hardcovers and graphic novels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/100_2832.jpg

my wallpaper on my pc...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/100_0059.jpg

and the pride and joy of my collection of 221 amazing spider-man issues and counting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/amazingspidey50.jpg

yeah im a dork...its all good...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/amazingstillies.jpg

hwbs
02-12-2007, 12:27 AM
And, Hollywood B, what's up with the jai lai avatar? Do you ever watch them play in Dania? That's really big there.

i used to practice on the real court...i know many of the players in dania and miami....when i goto orlando im gonna go play with my best friend at the fronton there...they rent out the court by the hour...

hwbs
02-12-2007, 01:00 AM
you have to understand that there were 4 or 5 frontons in the new england area..trust me , you dont want to get hit with the pelota....my friend was a ball boy and he got one off the wall during practice...it wasnt a pretty site...

BeardedOne
02-12-2007, 02:29 AM
yeah im a dork...its all good...

:lol:

My old roommate fulfilled a lifelong dream and ended up working at Marvel for a while, writing for Peter Parker:The Amazing Spiderman.

Ah, those were the daze...Claremont, Kaminski, Fry, cheap beer... :lol:

alyss_heart
02-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Oooo! Howard the Duck! I still have his first appearance in Fear 18 (first colour Man-Thing appearance, as I remember). Yea, Disney got bent all out of shape and they wound up shortening his bill to make him look less Donald-ish.

BeardedOne, I can't believe someone else has original ElfQuests. That was a really cool series. If you like Grell, did you ever read his Starslayer series?

a994
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
For me it's the old Zap Comix and other '60s underground comix (especially those featuring Rick Griffin, Victor Moscoso, and John Thompson), and I am also a huge American Splendor fan.

trapmasta
02-12-2007, 07:01 PM
i read underground comix by daniel clowes adn r. crumb mostly
also follow mainstream but not thoroughly

biguy4tvtscd
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I was all about comics when I was a kid, sadly, I never had the foresight to keep them in good condition, or heck even keep them for that matter.

I was much more into DC than Marvel, although I certainly didn't dislike Marvel. Legion of Superheroes and Green Lantern were my faves, along with the Golden Age versions of GL, Flash, et al.
In the Marvel world, I liked the Avengers, X-Men (the original style), Iron Man, and Cap'n America.

My beef with Marvel was how they felt the need to inject "realism" into comics (AIDS, alcholism, etc...). I read comics to escape reality, not see it in a different form.

I'm not a big fan of the new style of artwork that pervades comics now-a-days. It seems everyone is striving for that "Dark Knight" look, which personally, I hated.

trapmasta
02-12-2007, 08:58 PM
calvin and hobbes is dope too

othello
02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
For me I like/liked Wolverine,X-Men,IronMan from marvel.I could never realy get into DC comics to much with the exception of the Green Lantern series.I always liked how will power decided how powerfull you were.In Image Supreme was ok as was Wetworks and Team 7.My all time fav would be the comics not approved by the comic code.Like London Nights Razor and Morbid Angel,Chaos Lady Death and Halo were great.For me the underground/non approved comics were more out there /extreme.

DonPA
02-13-2007, 10:30 AM

I do. I've been collecting/reading for over 20 years now. I am a huge Punisher fan. I have almost every comic the Punisher has ever appeared in. I have everyone of his own books and I have tons of statues, figures, toys, books of the character. I even have a Punisher tattoo.

stillies77
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM

I do. I've been collecting/reading for over 20 years now. I am a huge Punisher fan. I have almost every comic the Punisher has ever appeared in. I have everyone of his own books and I have tons of statues, figures, toys, books of the character. I even have a Punisher tattoo.

That is awesome man...one of my favorite comic books of all time has to be Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe...so fuckin great!

hwbs
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
one of my favs is my frank miller dark knight collection....leather bound 1st print....has all the classics in it...would love to get it signed...

stillies77
02-14-2007, 06:48 AM
that would be awesome dude definately...big dream of mine came true when i met John Romita Sr. in June at Wizardworld...he is my idol...i love his Mary Jane.

TheGuard
02-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I heard that Deus Ex Machina is supposed to be
a good series. Anyone read that?

It's not Deus Ex Machina, only Ex Machina, and it's amazing. BKV will be doing things other than comics soon enough, writing for Lost aside, he's one of the most promising up and comers. Check out pride of Baghdad as well.

TheGuard
02-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Heres my collection of trades, hardcovers and graphic novels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/100_2832.jpg

Blankets, nice man - love that GN

stillies77
02-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Blankets is probably the best book i have ever read in my life

tsluva
02-14-2007, 08:28 AM

i'm hardcore MARVEL COMICS. with all due respect to
to DC who has to feed off just the Dark Knight (Batman)
and Superman movie repeats, Marvel continues to have it going on
. ...they da Bomb!
i grew up on Spidey, Xmen, Fantastic Four , Daredevil, Thor,
Incredible Hulk, Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu, Secret Wars,
the Avengers, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Xfactor, Elektra and several
more.

GHOST RIDER ( Nicholas Cage) should be the latest
Marvel superhero film. But we know Xmen, Spiderman,
Fantastic Four are the mega-hits audience fans cannot resist.

hwbs
02-14-2007, 09:20 AM
g4tv is doing an icons special on frank miller..check g4tv.com for times

cogent
02-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't collect comics, per se, but I do have a number of comics, graphic novels, and manga I've accumlated over the years. Alan Moore is a favorite, especially his now timely V for Vendetta. (At the risk of being a heretic, I prefer the film over the original graphic novel.) Manga-wise, I love Appleseed and, of course, Akira.

Kabuki
02-17-2007, 04:12 AM
Blankets is probably the best book i have ever read in my life

Blankets was really good. Has anyone read "Kabuki" by David Mack?

alyss_heart
02-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Or how about "Strangers in Paradise"?

stillies77
02-17-2007, 08:12 AM
yeah i read kabuki and met Mack at wizardworld this year...he's a really cool guy...his work in daredevil with echo was beautiful...I have always wanted to read strangers but still havent yet...i dont even know the premise i just hear a lot of good things which of course peaked my interest...in other news i just got in from seeing Ghost Rider...it was ehh...Eva Mendes looked better than ever though...something about eva reminds me of allanah...i think its the lips hehe

Kabuki
02-17-2007, 08:37 AM
yeah i read kabuki and met Mack at wizardworld this year...he's a really cool guy...his work in daredevil with echo was beautiful...I have always wanted to read strangers but still havent yet...i dont even know the premise i just hear a lot of good things which of course peaked my interest...in other news i just got in from seeing Ghost Rider...it was ehh...Eva Mendes looked better than ever though...something about eva reminds me of allanah...i think its the lips hehe

I loved the Echo storyline in Daredevil. How was Ghost Rider?

stillies77
02-17-2007, 09:02 AM
It was alright...i dunno...it was really campy...but it wasnt too bad...lets just say it was better than elektra but worse than fantastic four haha

stillies77
02-17-2007, 06:49 PM
although i did get to see the spidey 2 trailer which looks AMAZING

hwbs
02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
bring on Venom , lol

tsluva
02-18-2007, 01:19 AM
although i did get to see the spidey 2 trailer which looks AMAZING

...any signs of VENOM in the trailer ?
SANDMAN is cool villain and both the audience and director
should have fun with his powers.
But the odd, dark, wildish character of Venom should
draw the most attention.

tsluva
02-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't collect comics, per se, but I do have a number of comics, graphic novels, and manga I've accumlated over the years. Alan Moore is a favorite, especially his now timely V for Vendetta. (At the risk of being a heretic, I prefer the film over the original graphic novel.) Manga-wise, I love Appleseed and, of course, Akira.

Akira is a legendary japanimation film within itself.
A true classic.
Some more of my japanimation favorites are:

Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Demon City Shijuku
Baoh
Devil Man
Fist of the North Star
Battle Angel
Battle Royal High School
Doomed Megalopolis
Grappler Baki
3 x 3 Eyes
Hellsing: the series
Wicked City
Record of Lodoss War
Shadow Skill
Tekken
Curse of Yoma
Legend of the Overfiend
Devil Lady

TomSelis
02-18-2007, 02:58 AM
The Spiderman movie looks like the origin of the symbiote suit. It'll probably end with Eddie Brock finding the suit though, which will leave an opening for Spiderman 4.

I have most of the original Image lineup #1's. DC's Vertigo had some good stories though especially with the Invisibles and Sandman and later Transmetropolitan. I stopped buying in the mid-nineties.

Stilles, what's good right now though?

ps911fan
02-18-2007, 04:03 AM
Personally I love just about all comics..but prefer the Marvel and DC superhero comics....

Iron Man is always the fav of mine....check out the cool little video that came out on DVD.....it was good to see the character get some play....

Iron Man, Star Trek, the US space program and other influences, including comics made me more interested in the sciences.....and computers ...so Ill always have a soft spot for comics and things like that that stimulate imagination

TheGuard
02-18-2007, 08:05 AM
The Spiderman movie looks like the origin of the symbiote suit. It'll probably end with Eddie Brock finding the suit though, which will leave an opening for Spiderman 4.

I have most of the original Image lineup #1's. DC's Vertigo had some good stories though especially with the Invisibles and Sandman and later Transmetropolitan. I stopped buying in the mid-nineties.

Fables, 100 Bullets, Desolation Jones, Blue Beetle, Ex Machina, Spiderman Reign, Gotham Central, Sleeper, Criminal, Invincible, Walking Dead, 100%, Heavy Liquid, Batman Year 100, Pride of Baghdad, The Fountain, Blankets, Y: The Last Man, DMZ, Kickback, It's a Bird..., Planetary, Astonishing X-Men to name a few.

No matter what the rest of the market is doing, there's always good stuff out there, you just have to root around for it, whether they're ongoings or mini series collect TBS graphic novels whatever...

stillies77
02-18-2007, 08:05 AM

Daredevil is definately the best book out right now...that and astonishing X-men have never disappointed me...i can honestly say right now...i have NEVER read a bad daredevil book...Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome too...52 is great too.

I love amazing spider-man and civil war...i just dont like where and how its all going to end...i hate marvels EIC let it be known haha

MetaSylo
02-18-2007, 08:12 AM
i geeked out when i realized that feb 21st is next wednesday...which means Civil War 7! W00t!

WTF is up with Grant Morrison's run on Batman so far? Its not nearly as good as it should be. His first arc was bleh...and then he took a 3 month break...now he comes back with Batman 663 which is more of a novel than a comic...terrible. :(

TheGuard
02-18-2007, 08:17 AM
i geeked out when i realized that feb 21st is next wednesday...which means Civil War 7! W00t!

WTF is up with Grant Morrison's run on Batman so far? Its not nearly as good as it should be. His first arc was bleh...and then he took a 3 month break...now he comes back with Batman 663 which is more of a novel than a comic...terrible. :(

I liked 663, it was out there, but I liked it - though I'll admit his run hasn't been all that great - did dig the ninja manbats however.

kukm4
02-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Civil war is not over yet? my poor wallet.

I really need to catch up. 1+ years behind. still not read identity crisis.. what was before that then after?

Need to start making a list

TheGuard
02-18-2007, 08:20 AM

Daredevil is definately the best book out right now...that and astonishing X-men have never disappointed me...i can honestly say right now...i have NEVER read a bad daredevil book...Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome too...52 is great too.

I love amazing spider-man and civil war...i just dont like where and how its all going to end...i hate marvels EIC let it be known haha

DD is up there, it isn't the best book out right now, maybe the best book from Marvel though surprisingly enough X-Factor tops it for me (never thought I'd be saying that, as I usually avoid that type of book)

Brubaker and Lark (dream team) really picked up the ball after Bendis and Maleev left, I didn;t know if it would maintain the flow but they did, and after last issue it seems they're finally ready to do their own thing because they wrapped up loose ends from the Bendis era.

TomSelis
02-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I used to read Spiderman up until the clone saga, then it just got too.....eh.

I was reading DD during the Frank Miller run a little bit, I'll check it out.

It's kind of hard to keep track of all of the X-titles. But is Astonishing X-men the one where, Gambit and Sunfire are Apocalypse's horsemen? I read a few while I was at B&N.

stillies77
02-18-2007, 08:32 AM

I liked 663, it was out there, but I liked it - though I'll admit his run hasn't been all that great - did dig the ninja manbats however.

Anything is better than All Star Batman...ugh.

TheGuard
02-18-2007, 08:35 AM

It's kind of hard to keep track of all of the X-titles. But is Astonishing X-men the one where, Gambit and Sunfire are Apocalypse's horsemen? I read a few while I was at B&N.

No that was either Uncanny or Adjectiveless, don;t know which because I didn;t read it. Astonishing is by Whedon (the Buffy guy) and Cassaday and it's the best the X-Men have been in 15 years.

Frank Miller DD was classic, but Bendis just may have topped his run.

The best way to get into comics now is to not follow the monthlies per se, but keep them earmarked for arcs that caught your eye and buy them later in trade, it's neater and you don't have to keep up with the grind of going to an LCS weekly.

TomSelis
02-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Ahhh, ok Astonishing Xmen is the one where the White Queen was doing something funky to Cyclops (last time I read it). And they're together?

TheGuard
02-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah, that's Astonishing - I think the first 2 trades are out, if you're an X-Fan this is about as good as it gets.

TomSelis
02-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Hmmm, might have to pick those up tommorrow.

kukm4
02-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Hmmm, might have to pick those up tommorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/New-X-Men-Omnibus-Grant-Morrison/dp/0785123261

I loved Morrions run on New x-men

TheGuard
02-18-2007, 09:00 AM
I don't know how that slipped my mind - fucking brilliance on a page. Morrison's New X-Men was on a whole other level - and thankfully it got him and Quitely on Allstar Superman which is the best DC title out now...

stillies77
02-22-2007, 02:40 AM
i have the new x-men omnibus and it is the shit!!

ps..

civil war ended today...crazy ending...and amazing spidey was nuts too this week...i wont spoil it for anyone but if anyone wants to know let me know...i just got done ready both of them

alyss_heart
02-22-2007, 05:55 AM
All this Grant Morrison talk, has anyone read Seven Soldiers? I have the first two collections, but was waiting until they were all published to read them. Now that they are, I guess I gotta go out and get the rest and take the time to dive in. Can't wait, as GM is one of my favourites. :D

TheGuard
02-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Yeah, I got Seven Soldiers as it was coming out - amazing. We3 was stellar too.

tsluva
02-22-2007, 07:36 AM

Frank Miller's Elektra/Daredevil will always be the best classic
of his series runs. Too bad Elektra the movie didn't do her comic
series any justice at all. It failed her.
When Marvel began to substitute artwork over plot/action, i began
to lose track of the current issues. ( back issues work best for me)
i never did get enough of Nimrod the ultimate sentinel, like i always
wanted and same goes for Selene the Black Queen because i always
wanted to see her go head-to-head with Emma Frost, the White Queen.
for HellFire club supremacy.
But ..thems the breaks.
If they ever do another Xmen film ( with director Brett Ratner of course)
i hope they make Apocalypse the main draw as the lead villain.

loki
02-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Sandman is a good series,or was anyway.

foxxyyvonne
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
technically you never read them, loki!

stillies77
02-22-2007, 08:20 AM
God Grant Morrisons white queen was the snootiest bitch in the entire world...

and i would have fucked her brains out hahaha

loki
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
technically you never read them, loki!I've read most of them and you know it.

Coroner
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I personally adore the early Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) stuff made by Enki Bilal and also his later stuff. He was the founder of the Politthriller-genre, in his works some kind of a fusion between Science-Fiction and politics. He is from France but of bosnian and czech heritage. For you who really like comics, itīs time to see thatt hereīs more than Marvel :D

alyss_heart
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
We3 was stellar too.

Yes! I was wondering how he was going to pull that off, but should've known better - brilliant. :D

I personally adore the early Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) stuff made by Enki Bilal and also his later stuff.

I used to look forward to each new issue of HM every month, and Bilal's work was among my favourites - also loved Angus McKie's stories - there were so many great artists and storytellers in it back then. The whole magazine just seemd to go to poop in the early 80's. :cry:

Have you seen the movie "Immortal"? It's done almost completely in CGI and based on Enki Bilal's early HM stories about the Egyptian gods and looks really good. I can't say much else about it since the only copy I could find is dubbed into Italian with no subtitles, so I tried to watch it, but just smiled and nodded a lot......

stillies77
02-23-2007, 08:17 AM
i wanna see that movie

Coroner
02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
We3 was stellar too.

Yes! I was wondering how he was going to pull that off, but should've known better - brilliant. :D

I personally adore the early Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) stuff made by Enki Bilal and also his later stuff.

I used to look forward to each new issue of HM every month, and Bilal's work was among my favourites - also loved Angus McKie's stories - there were so many great artists and storytellers in it back then. The whole magazine just seemd to go to poop in the early 80's. :cry:

Have you seen the movie "Immortal"? It's done almost completely in CGI and based on Enki Bilal's early HM stories about the Egyptian gods and looks really good. I can't say much else about it since the only copy I could find is dubbed into Italian with no subtitles, so I tried to watch it, but just smiled and nodded a lot......

Yeah, I used to watch "Immortal".... since I know, itīs mostly digitally-created with some real actors like the one german actor and Charlotte Rampling. Immortal is just a film to Bilalīs Nikopol-trilogy. Really cool but could have been done better. Bilal is also a director and has done two more movies before like "Bunker Palace Hotel" in 1989 with Jean-Louis Trintignant and Carole Bouquet (I think I wrote it right) and "Tykho Moon" from 1995 with Michel Piccoli and Julie Delpy. These movies are not easy to find but I found Bunker Palace Hotel on eMule.

trapmasta
02-25-2007, 05:44 AM
i read "like a velvet glove cast in iron" by dan clowes,
it was mad weird but cool

blackmagic
02-25-2007, 06:21 AM

i just kinda have recently started to collect the old school MAD comics, lol the old school ones before i was born are funny if you know your history well.

laoda8
02-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Sandman, fathom, witchblade, hellblazer, preacher

plus various erotic comics.

You should check out banana games by christian zanier.

stillies77
02-25-2007, 10:55 PM
wow lots of different readers out there...lots of indy books i should check out when i get a shot...the most indie stuff i have is everything by Craig Thompson...Dead at 17...Shrugged (although i dunno if aspen is still indy haha) I like the indys i just dont know which ones to get...i do wanna see Mouseguard and Superhero Happy Hour...i hear very good things.

kukm4
02-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Give Stray Bullets (David Lapham) a try.

tsluva
02-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Sandman, fathom, witchblade, hellblazer, preacher

plus various erotic comics.

You should check out banana games by christian zanier.

i enjoyed the Witchblade/Elektra series.
Eros comics are probably the leading erotic adult comics.

www.eroscomix.com

stillies77
02-26-2007, 06:42 AM
ehh im not about erotic stuff its all about good stories that touch me...i just dont like mixing genres...like for eroticism ill just check out a dvd or DL something haha

TheGuard
02-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Give Stray Bullets (David Lapham) a try.

I prefer 100 to Stray, truth told. :D

TomSelis
02-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Ok, I gotta know.....how did The White Queen end up one of the leaders of the X-men? And where is Professor X?

TheGuard
02-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Emma Frost reformed after The Hellions died, joined Xavier mentoring Gen X, mentored the Stepfor Cuckoos, and when Xavier resigned she took over as headmistress. She's still a bit of an enigma though, her loyalites may lie elsewhere, that's to be decided in Astonishing soon.

Xavier lost his powers as a result of M Day (Wanda) during House of M, then they dug up some dirt on him and a mystery team he left to die early on (revisionist history) and one of them actually survived and went into Shiar Space for revenge. So Chuck took some X-Men and is currently in space trying to clean up his mess.

...geek chic?

...:(

stillies77
02-26-2007, 08:14 AM
White Queen was a teacher for mutants at genosha when it was destroyed...during the destruction she had a second mutation (she can become diamond whenever she wants making her virtually unbreakable) now her and scott make fuck and thus shes at the head of running the school with cyclops....

Prof X has been known by many as a lying douche bag as of late and scott told him to never come back because Prof knew about scotts long lost brother and wiped it from scotts memory(read X-Men Deadly Genesis to find out the whole story)
Professor X and certain members of the x-men are now out in space trying to stop scotts brother from starting an intergalactic civil war with the shi-ar empire...

WHEW...

and this is all off the top of my head...

what a dork.

stillies77
02-26-2007, 08:15 AM
wow we posted that at the exact same time...

TheGuard
02-26-2007, 08:17 AM
and with the same self depricating geek shame.

stillies77
02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
haha us comic book guys gotta stick together on this kinda stuff haha

TomSelis
02-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Ok, I think I read the comic about the guy in space, I forgot his name though. He seems pretty powerful. I knew about the White Queen as head mistress of Generation X (that was around the time I stopped buying comics).

What's going on with this Civil War thing? I read an issue of Fantastic Four and it looks like they are parting ways.

This story arc seems pretty interesting and worth buying back issues.

stillies77
02-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Civil War just ended...no one knows whats going to happen next really all we know is Iron Man now runs shield...Cap is in jail...Spidey and Luke Cage started the underground New Avengers and FF kinda reunited.

PS
Aunt May just got shot in the thorax by a sniper crazy old bird can survive anything...lets stay tuned haha

stillies77
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
PS

I <3 Lisa Lipps

muhmuh
02-26-2007, 09:51 AM
i dont read any graphic novel/superhero type comics... except maybe asterix but the first one to call him a superhero gets it ^^
other than that i do read a lot of newspaper strips and webcomics... currently im reading my newest edition of the complete peanuts and ill treat myself with a copy of the complete clavin and hobbes soonish

TheGuard
02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I just got the complete Farside the other day, you could kill a hooker with that thing.

MrsKellyPierce
02-26-2007, 09:55 AM
I find comic books hard to follow I never know which bubble goes first.

TheGuard
02-26-2007, 10:09 AM
The ditzy things cute and all, but c'mon now...

loki
02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I mainly read military sci-fi.Such as David Brinn Allen dean foster,Larry Niven ,Fred Saberhagen and the like.

MrsKellyPierce
02-26-2007, 10:14 AM
The ditzy things cute and all, but c'mon now... I'm not joking lol thats why I never read them lol

muhmuh
02-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I just got the complete Farside the other day, you could kill a hooker with that thing.

do you think its worth the price for someone who has never been the biggest fan of larsons work/single panel strips?

The ditzy things cute and all, but c'mon now... I'm not joking lol thats why I never read them lol

the mans got a point... its not like they work in any other way than normal books do
i would understand if you complained about mangas but comics in general?

TheGuard
02-26-2007, 10:49 AM

do you think its worth the price for someone who has never been the biggest fan of larsons work/single panel strips?

the mans got a point... its not like they work in any other way than normal books do
i would understand if you complained about mangas but comics in general?

If you're not a fan, then most likely not. It's a very well packaged and put together collection, but if it's not your kind of humor it would be a bit pointless.

Lance.Trebor
02-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Larson is a genius

and so with apologies to him

http://i15.tinypic.com/2cz4x74.jpg

loki
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Larson is a genius

and so with apologies to him

http://i15.tinypic.com/2cz4x74.jpgYES!!I have a book of his comics.I almost forgot all about him.I miss calvin and hobbes.

tsluva
02-28-2007, 06:28 AM

I loved the Echo storyline in Daredevil. How was Ghost Rider?

It was alright...i dunno...it was really campy...but it wasnt too bad...lets just say it was better than elektra but worse than fantastic four haha

BTW, i was disappointed in Ghost Rider.
i thought it was painfully boring and dragging for
the first 40+ minutes and for the most part was very cartoonish.
i never got into the characteristics of the villains and
i couldn't understand a damn thing the Ghost Rider was saying.
Not enough action in it for me and i wasn't impressed with
battle actions of the film anyway.
i would have thought Ghost Rider would have open up
opportunies for some great biker chase scenes too, but it
never really materialized.
It's doing good at the box office but my love for Marvel films
mislead me on this disappointment.

stillies77
02-28-2007, 06:32 AM
yeah i have to agree ghost rider kinda stunk...

I want the complete Calvin and Hobbes...LOVE THEM!

tsntx
02-28-2007, 06:52 AM
yall couldnt tell ghost rider was gonna suck by the preview? geez... does anyone else remember when nick cage wanted to be superman and then he was quoted as saying how he loves the ghost rider series and it was always his fav. story line ... yet he named his son "kal-el" after ... yeah... superman

side note... im so glad he wasnt ever allowed to do superman... superman isnt a boring middle aged skinny bald man w/ a speach impediment

stillies77
02-28-2007, 06:59 AM
hahahaha plus superman doesnt say things like "Gimme back my bunny" haha

tsntx
02-28-2007, 07:01 AM
lololol

Kabuki
02-28-2007, 07:51 AM
yall couldnt tell ghost rider was gonna suck by the preview? geez... does anyone else remember when nick cage wanted to be superman and then he was quoted as saying how he loves the ghost rider series and it was always his fav. story line ... yet he named his son "kal-el" after ... yeah... superman

side note... im so glad he wasnt ever allowed to do superman... superman isnt a boring middle aged skinny bald man w/ a speach impediment

I could easily tell from the trailer. I still haven't seen Daredevil or Elektra for the same reason. Nick Cage was determined to be a comic book character...sigh...I'm ready for Spider-Man 3.

tsntx
02-28-2007, 07:53 AM
spidey 3 will prob be the only one in the series i enjoy... the first 2 sucked balls... in a bad way

stillies77
02-28-2007, 07:54 AM
I actually liked daredevil a lot...im a huge DD fan and i thought it was actually decent...if you see it...see the directors cut...its rated R and contains wayyy more character development.

tsntx
02-28-2007, 07:56 AM
ill keep that in mind if i rent it... never saw either, either

tsluva
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM

but yet Superman has been re-done over and over again til
it's just too hard to develop any originality.
( ditto for the dark knight known as Batman.)

That's the problem with DC superhero characters as opposed to
the mass variety that Marvel Comic characters have to
offer in the superhero-action films. (xmen,spiderman,
fantastic four, blade, ghost rider, hulk, daredevil,etc. )
with Wolverine, Magneto and Iron Man on the way.

(though i wouldn't mind seeing a Green Lantern movie, as
his ring powers and costume design is da bomb !)

But don't worry DC fans, i hear Wonder Woman movie
is still in the making ( seriously)

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:14 AM
lol yeah isnt jessica simpson suppossed to play her? lol lol lol lol

and i thought last superman/ batman were both pretty good

the dark knight needs to stay dark and stay the fuck away from the candy colored circus

Legend
02-28-2007, 08:21 AM
lol yeah isnt jessica simpson suppossed to play her?

I hope not.

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:23 AM
wonder woman just got sent to development hell so did the flash as both of their directors just quit on them...(joss whedon and david goyer) however The Dark Knight is going to rock some socks when it comes out.

Kabuki
02-28-2007, 08:32 AM
spidey 3 will prob be the only one in the series i enjoy... the first 2 sucked balls... in a bad way

Spidey 2 wasn't bad for a comic book movie. I wasn't fond of the 1st one though. Sin City is the best comic book movie that has been made up to now. Only because it was so faithful to the graphic novels. Too bad the original story isn't that good or realistic.

Frank Miller hasn't produced a great story and art since The Dark Knight returns. I would cream on myself if they made a faithful movie from that graphic novel. I never read 300, and I guess I'll go see it.

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
yeah im excited about 300... thnx to them i got to upload 300 pics to my myspace... im only at 98 but have another photoshoot coming up for saint pads day :D

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
hahaha yeah def. 300 looks pretty cool...frank miller has def fallen off anyone who has read all star batman can tell you that...ugh...anyway i think spider-man 2 was really faithful to the Spider-Man No More storyline...it was a good movie (IMO) but the best comic book movies up until now have to be

Batman Begins
Spider-Man 2
X-Men 2
Sin City
Daredevil(directorscut)
Superman Returns (i just love that the old music was back...total geek moment seeing that in theaters haha)
I dunno i liked all these its just my opinion...

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:43 AM
speaking of movies.... wtf is w/ xmen totally bastardizing the phoenix saga... as someone who was totally about that story line only to see it brought to life *if you can even call it that* the way it was... total disapointment

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
dont even get me started...phoenix didnt even have flames she just had weird black veins...when i left the theater i actualy was hurt...that movie hurt my feelings...the end scene where wolverine and her are face to face and he says "For You" was the only good part of that movie...they wiped everyone and everything out...it was awful.

TheGuard
02-28-2007, 08:51 AM
The movie was rushed, they tried to cut The Phoenix out completely, and the writers forced it back in, which is why I think we got a horrible version. Singer would have delivered if he was able to finish his trilogy, it had the perfect set-up in X2.

stillies77
02-28-2007, 08:53 AM
not on the topic of comic book movies...but i am watching Return of the Jedi now...sigh...im such a dork...:)

tsntx
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
The movie was rushed, they tried to cut The Phoenix out completely, and the writers forced it back in, which is why I think we got a horrible version. Singer would have delivered if he was able to finish his trilogy, it had the perfect set-up in X2.

yeah .. cest la vie is right... ;(

DonPA
02-28-2007, 07:12 PM
20th Century Fox really knows how to fuck up a franchise. X3 was a huge let down. For me the only redeeming qualities was Kelsey Grammer as Beast and seeing Iceman "ice up".

Mustard_Plug
02-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Well DonPA you can argue X-men3 was a bad movie(and it was), but mess it up they did not. I remember that movie breaking box-office records when it came out, all be it from hyped out ads and trailers, but still it did good in its theatre run.

I mean the movie went through numerous re-writes and three directors. Brett Rattner actually wanted more time to work out the script but Fox was adament about releasing the movie before Bryan Singers' Superman, so there you go.

tsluva
03-01-2007, 10:19 AM

i totally agree with the film being rushed and stock-piling so many
characters that it was difficult to develop vital characters like
( Angel, Kitty, Iceman, Rogue, etc.)

The Phoenix saga was totally fucked up. the lone good scene
involving the battle between her vs Xavier. but she seemed
more like a zombie than a character.
The problem was bad directoring on Brett Raetner. A bad choice
by Fox who went thru different directors before deciding on
Raetner. He tried to please
by trying to bunch as many mutant characters into the fold
without development and it became much more a
special effects movie than the usual unique mutant element
involving the Xmen that the original director Bryan Singer
brought to the mix. Of course with Xmen being so popular
among even the casual movie goers, X3 did outstanding at the
box office on opening weekend though it failed off the map
the 2nd week with a average romance comedy ( jennifer alston's film)
easily beating it out. X3 had no legs to keep it going after it's release
debut. You can imagine the whispers and talk of how disappointing
it was made X3 fall into the ordinary shadows again.

A pity since that's likely to be the last Xmen film for awhile
with Fox bringing Wolverine and Magneto before there's even
talk about another Xmen film.
Plus there's talk of coming up with the new Xmen members rather
than the original members (wolverine, storm, xavier, etc)

tsntx
03-01-2007, 10:43 AM
^^^ yes theres talk of a new team bc the old cast said basically " u couldnt pay us enough"

Legend
03-01-2007, 11:02 AM
^^^ yes theres talk of a new team bc the old cast said basically " u couldnt pay us enough"

You might as well mark that film up as a failure,i dont think fans would appreciate a whole new cast.They might just have to start a whole new series maybe x-factor or alpha flight.

tsntx
03-01-2007, 11:08 AM

You might as well mark that film up as a failure,i dont think fans would appreciate a whole new cast.They might just have to start a whole new series maybe x-factor or alpha flight.

totally... although a possible apocolypse saga story could work b/c the original team wouldnt even really come into play... i love blink just to get that out there and i hope shed be played by me... i always wanted to have a removable hole lol -j

TheGuard
03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
X-Factor would be great if they got Peter David to write the movie.

Legend
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM

totally... although a possible apocolypse saga story could work b/c the original team wouldnt even really come into play... i love blink just to get that out there and i hope shed be played by me... i always wanted to have a removable hole lol -j

LOL you would make a good blink because you know your marvel,a apocalypse saga would definetally save the next film just make him badass and please don't give him a lame muscle suit.

tsntx
03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
lol thnx... and for real ... no foam suits lol

Kabuki
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
They should just start over with the X series. Like how they restarted Batman. This time around, lets get it right. X-men: Year One. The original cast: Cyclops, Beast, Marvel Girl, and Iceman. You don't have to follow comic book continuity exactly, but can we get a decent X film.

Where's Ruby when you need her? I bet she would love this thread.

They could develop a New Mutants or an Excalibur film? I'm such a fan boy :lol:

Legend
03-01-2007, 01:43 PM
The next installment better have the ragin cajun no matter what, he has been any of the movies which there is no excuse for.

Kabuki
03-01-2007, 02:00 PM

You would be a badass Blink. I'm ready to cast you :D

Kabuki
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Anyone else recall the GenX movie? It was made for TV and aired on FOX back in '98 I think. It was pretty good in my opinion. Could have been better though. With the way movies are done now, superhero films should go over better.

Fantasy 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer
Spider-Man 3

The GenX movie was bad. Jubilee wasn't even Asian. The White Queens outfit looked horrible. All they needed was a top from Victoria Secret or something. It looked like she was wearing a back brace. The guy who played Banshee couldn't fake an accent to save his life. I could go on and on :twisted:

stillies77
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
If they do an X-factor movie they should totally use the Jamie Madrox from X3 he was identitcal to madrox from the comics...and he had that million dollar smile you need to have to pull off mutliple man.
Gen X did suck...the chick who is in every soap opera ever made played white queen...what they couldnt find a big boobed blond with a high class attitude...did they even look in california haha.

DonPA
03-05-2007, 04:38 AM
I went to a Horrorfind convention today and I bought 3 DVD's that I don't know why, but I have always wished got true DVD treatment. I picked up Howard the Duck, Fantastic Four and Captain America which came with the 2 very lame Reb Brown 70's Cap movies and the bad 90's Cap movie.

The FF one is actually a very good transfer. It's a digitally remastered copy and put into it's proper aspect ratio of 1.85:1. I would put all three into a VHS quality.

People I worked with were hounding me to get the Howard the Duck one.

TheGuard
03-05-2007, 06:42 AM
anyone else reading The Spirit? Fuck is that good.

get a chance post your pull list.

that sounded bad considering the site, post your comic pull list.

better.

also, no dude cock pics. :lol:

stillies77
03-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Ok here is my insanely long pull list...enjoy.

Daredevil
Amazing Spider-Man
(soon) DC Countdown
Shrugged
Green Lantern
Spider-Man Reign
Superman Confidential
X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
New Avengers
Superman/Batman
Ultimate Spider-Man
(soon) Mighty Avengers
(soon) Civil War: The Confession
All Star Batman (ugh)

i THINK thats it...if i remember anything ill add it

TheGuard
03-05-2007, 08:31 AM
You think that's bad...

Y: The Last Man
Loveless
Fables
DMZ
100 Bullets
Invincible
Walking Dead
The Authority
Ex Machina
Allstar Superman
Action Comics
Batman
Blue Beetle
Green Lantern
Justice League of America
Justice
Legion of Superheroes
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Green Arrow
The Spirit
Brave and the Bold
Ion
Superman
Teen Titans
Superman Confidential
X-Factor
Daredevil
Uncanny X-Men
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Spider-man
FN Spider-man
Amazing Spider-man
Dr Strange: Bload Oath
Civil War
The Eternals
New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Annihilation
Captain America
Criminal
Spiderman: Reign
Runaways
Astonishing X-Men
Powers
Desolation Jones

Recently dropped

Allstar Batman
WW
Wolverine Origins
Bomb Queen
Phonogram
American Virigin
Squadron Supreme

that's not even accounting for the trades I pick up or the random issues I pull or mini series etc. I have too much disposable income right now.

DonPA
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
The Punisher (MAX)
Punisher War Journal
Moon Knight
New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Civil War one shots
Civil War Frontline
G.I. Joe
Captain America
Astonishing X-Men
Young Avengers
The Ultimates
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z
Marvel Legacy books
Squadron Supreme

And then there is always the ones that are limited series or any title the Punisher happens to be in. I also download comics because I got into them way to late to go back and buy all of the titles to get caught up.

tsluva
03-06-2007, 06:28 AM
The Punisher (MAX)
Punisher War Journal
Moon Knight
New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Civil War one shots
Civil War Frontline
G.I. Joe
Captain America
Astonishing X-Men
Young Avengers
The Ultimates
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z
Marvel Legacy books
Squadron Supreme

And then there is always the ones that are limited series or any title the Punisher happens to be in. I also download comics because I got into them way to late to go back and buy all of the titles to get caught up.

My favorite Avengers members:

1. The Vision
2. Sersi
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5: Wonder Man
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Mantis
8. Moondragon
9. Ms. Marvel
10. Black Panther

stillies77
03-06-2007, 08:02 AM
wow we get a lot of the same things...i really wish i picked up runaways vol. 2...i have all of vol.1 then they went on hiatus and i didnt know they came back until like issue 4 of vol. 2...but it was too late hehe

blackmagic
03-06-2007, 09:21 AM
You think that's bad...

Y: The Last Man
Loveless
Fables
DMZ
100 Bullets
Invincible
Walking Dead
The Authority
Ex Machina
Allstar Superman
Action Comics
Batman
Blue Beetle
Green Lantern
Justice League of America
Justice
Legion of Superheroes
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Green Arrow
The Spirit
Brave and the Bold
Ion
Superman
Teen Titans
Superman Confidential
X-Factor
Daredevil
Uncanny X-Men
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Spider-man
FN Spider-man
Amazing Spider-man
Dr Strange: Bload Oath
Civil War
The Eternals
New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Annihilation
Captain America
Criminal
Spiderman: Reign
Runaways
Astonishing X-Men
Powers
Desolation Jones

Recently dropped

Allstar Batman
WW
Wolverine Origins
Bomb Queen
Phonogram
American Virigin
Squadron Supreme

that's not even accounting for the trades I pick up or the random issues I pull or mini series etc. I have too much disposable income right now.

D O R K ! ! ! and no i dont mean the nerd version

stillies77
03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
dork...psh haha

DonPA
03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Actually, I like to consider myself a comic book geek.

tsntx
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070307/ap_on_en_ot/captain_america

captain america dies in latest issue

franks
03-07-2007, 07:32 PM

any word on the movie?

DonPA
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Thanks for ruining it for me :cry:

Just kidding. I haven't read it yet, but I think Marvel is fucking up with killing Cap. I do know though who is taking up the mantle of Captain America for a bit anyway. My favorite character is rumored to be the new Cap.

The Captain America movie is scheduled for 2009 as of now.

tsntx
03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
oh so its not so much the series is dying as much as a "pass the torch" kinda thing? well thats cool.

DonPA
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't know if you read Civil War or the new Punisher War Journal's but in PWJ the Punisher talks about Captain America training him and other Marines during boot camp and he comments that he knew it wasn't the real Cap, but it was the symbol. Like a mall Santa. Then in Civil War #7 Cap surrenders to Iron Man and throws his mask on the ground and the Punisher is seen picking it up and leaving with it.

Kabuki
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't know if you read Civil War or the new Punisher War Journal's but in PWJ the Punisher talks about Captain America training him and other Marines during boot camp and he comments that he knew it wasn't the real Cap, but it was the symbol. Like a mall Santa. Then in Civil War #7 Cap surrenders to Iron Man and throws his mask on the ground and the Punisher is seen picking it up and leaving with it.

Punisher as Captain America? That would be intense. The Punisher doesn't hold back. Will we see a new costume though as well?

DonPA
03-07-2007, 08:43 PM
It was either Joe Quesada or Matt Fraction (writer of PWJ) that said the Punisher is debuting with a new look, so I am assuming it will be an amalgamation of Caps and the Punisher's uniforms.

MetaSylo
03-07-2007, 11:00 PM
cap biting the bullet sucks..but news of a Punisher/CA sounds badass!

stillies77
03-08-2007, 02:11 AM
He's not dead...it was faked so he can be Ronin in the New Avengers...im calling it right now...captain america might be dead...but Steve Rogers is alive.

stillies77
03-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Frank Castle is going to be the new cap for now...either that or Winter Soldier and him are going to fight for it haha

TheGuard
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
He's not dead...it was faked so he can be Ronin in the New Avengers...im calling it right now...captain america might be dead...but Steve Rogers is alive.

That's my line of thought as well.

DonPA
03-08-2007, 07:06 PM
I figured Steve was going to be Ronin as well. I would sooner see Winter Soldier as Cap than The Punisher. I read that Avengers: The Initiative went ongoing. It was supposed to be a oneshot with the fallout from Civil War and the implantation of the super teams in all the states, but. It's going to be in my pull list.

TheGuard
03-09-2007, 07:09 AM
The oneshot was just to kick things off. It was originally an ongoing by Slott, then it got bumped down to a mini-series, now it's back to being an ongoing. Regardless, I'll be getting it because Slotty is the best.

stillies77
03-09-2007, 07:15 AM
dude i dunno if anyone reads Justice League but this weeks issue made me fall in love with Red Tornado...it reminded me of that scene in robocop when Murphy gets fucked up by clarences boys...red tornado got really really fucked up...

And did anyone read Mighty Avengers...it wasnt bad...i still hate Tony Stark though so i am having trouble loving this book.

52 was sad this week poor Isis...i really liked her and her brother

i dunno what did you think of this weeks books?

TheGuard
03-09-2007, 07:20 AM
haven't read them yet, decent pull, I'll have some thoughts later on.

I hate stark too, but I find it hard to hate anything Cho does.

stillies77
03-09-2007, 07:22 AM
same here i love chos artbook Women...i bought it the day it came out...i had to...liberty meadows although i havent read her...has to be the perfect comic book woman HUGE tits and a nice round ass...she reminds me of Allanah hehe...

Dude those Fallen Son issues that are coming out are going to be really good now that we know who the "Fallen Son" is.

TheGuard
03-09-2007, 07:34 AM
yeah, they all seem to have good talent attached, so I'm game.

As long as I stay single I can afford comics again, it's nice.

stillies77
03-09-2007, 08:25 AM
haha amen to that

General124
03-09-2007, 09:38 PM
dude i dunno if anyone reads Justice League but this weeks issue made me fall in love with Red Tornado...it reminded me of that scene in robocop when Murphy gets fucked up by clarences boys...red tornado got really really fucked up...

And did anyone read Mighty Avengers...it wasnt bad...i still hate Tony Stark though so i am having trouble loving this book.

52 was sad this week poor Isis...i really liked her and her brother

i dunno what did you think of this weeks books?

I actually enjoy JLA, but we agree on everything else...

I despise Tony Stark. Why couldn't he die? That's the only reason I was disappointed with the way Civil War ended.

DC is going to drive me to the poor house. First there's 52, now there's going to be Countdown? WTF man? It took me a bit to understand what was happening this week, but hey. At least I pegged the Nova/Booster plot to a T. Sucks Connor is still dead, but I'm digging how Skeets has absorb the Phantom Zone... cool.

As far as Cap is concerned, I go along with everyone else. I think Rodgers is going to be Ronin, but think either Castle or Bucky with don the shield.

And on another topic, someone needs to take Jim Lee and Frank Miller out. They've completely fucked up All-Star Batman and Robin. It's been almost a year since the last issue.

DonPA
03-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I give you all the new Captain America...maybe

http://www.thepunisher.com/past_news/march_2007/punishercap_full.jpg

TSFanTN
03-15-2007, 01:24 AM
I never got too into comic books, i mean I had quite a few (Death of Superman), and I still have the very first one I ever got when I was a kid (it's a little tattered and torn), but I have always been a Superhero fan. I really like the movies, but wonder how much longer the companies will continue to make them, and Heroes is the best show on TV!

crayons
03-15-2007, 01:30 AM

I read Japanese comic books. Does this qualify?

stillies77
03-15-2007, 01:53 AM
i saw that punisher cap image yesterday it was pretty nuts...reminds me of early 90's comics with Rob Liefeld and all those pockets he used to draw on people...craziness

and crayons of course they count hehe

muttley
03-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Each week during cricket season I have tried to do a cartoon taking the piss of the weeks events within our club. The boys seem to enjoy them.
Its a blatant rip of South Park but its the jokes behind them that make it funny.

http://groups.msn.com/WanganuiMaristCricketClubNZ/shoebox.msnw

go there and look at the Marist Park section.

TheGuard
03-15-2007, 06:17 AM
i saw that punisher cap image yesterday it was pretty nuts...reminds me of early 90's comics with Rob Liefeld and all those pockets he used to draw on people...craziness

and crayons of course they count hehe

I know Punisher changed his cotume and all, but dollars to dimes Bucky will be wearing the actual uniform and be the lead character of the Cap book, it's been set up so perfectly, methinks.

stillies77
03-15-2007, 06:35 AM
i have to agree...seems like nick fury has been planning on this happening for some time now...hmmm conspiracy...perhaps haha...i like winter soldier though...he even made an appearance in the Marvel Alliance game that just came out...i beat him and radioactive man down haha

hwbs
03-15-2007, 06:48 AM
hey Stillies...u are a big Dare Devil fan , right...... was the karate kid himself the editor or is that a different Ralph Maccio ?

stillies77
03-15-2007, 06:53 AM
haha they brought back the letters section a few months ago and someone sent that in...and they made up this huge elaborate story about how after he left miyagi he went back to NYC and joined marvel and fight off all the bullies in the marvel bullpin...it was really funny...then at the very end they go...to answer your question...no. haha it was great.

Carter_H
03-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Im the biggest superman fan their is. I love superman comics, shows, toys, and even some of the movies....... I own just about every post crisis superman book. most of the early ones were collected by my bro who gave them to me when he moved out.

What did you guys think of the "Superman Returns" Movie?

stillies77
03-15-2007, 07:01 AM
i liked it...it was a tribute to chris reeve and i appreciated every second of it...now that the tribute and homage stuff is out of the way im sure the sequel will be 1000 times better because its going to be an all new thing...should be awesome!

hwbs
03-15-2007, 07:32 AM
btw Stillies...all my friends love your gamer quote on Live.......we are big fans...

stillies77
03-16-2007, 12:20 AM
haha you mean

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!

ps my xbox is on its way back home from bill gates house of repairs...Borat killed my xbox...that son of a bitch haha...so when it gets back we will play some games together and ill try to have you put in a good word for me for allanah haha jk.

hwbs
03-16-2007, 12:44 AM
well do.....looks like u are on your own with the last request, lmao

stillies77
03-16-2007, 12:48 AM
hehe no problem it was worth a shot right? haha...what games do you have for 360 anyway?

hwbs
03-16-2007, 12:51 AM
as far as co-op and live i have, call of duty 2, gears of war, , perfect dark, and quake4 ....i also have the 2 hitmans and half life2 for reg xbox

hwbs
03-16-2007, 12:53 AM
btw they just released the original tmnt on the arcade....u can actually play co-op on live...im gonna have to get it...

stillies77
03-16-2007, 01:03 AM
thats the first thing im getting when my box returns! haha

then next month im gonna get guitar hero 2

General124
03-16-2007, 04:25 AM
i liked it...it was a tribute to chris reeve and i appreciated every second of it...now that the tribute and homage stuff is out of the way im sure the sequel will be 1000 times better because its going to be an all new thing...should be awesome!

I agree. I'm looking forward to a great sequel. Has anyone seen the Donner Cut of Superman II? Haven't seen it yet.

Any of you guys going to dig into "Countdown" once it's released? Not sure here. 52 wore me out. But, I enjoyed the Initiative. Still hate Tony Stark though.

BTW hollywood. Who is that in the avatar? Hot!!!

hwbs
03-16-2007, 04:36 AM
elkathestallion.com ..... u can thank tomselis :lol:

TheGuard
03-16-2007, 05:44 AM

I agree. I'm looking forward to a great sequel. Has anyone seen the Donner Cut of Superman II? Haven't seen it yet.

Any of you guys going to dig into "Countdown" once it's released? Not sure here. 52 wore me out. But, I enjoyed the Initiative. Still hate Tony Stark though.

BTW hollywood. Who is that in the avatar? Hot!!!

The Donner cut is ok considering what they had to work with, I look at his Action Comics arc more of Superman II personally.

Countdown I will most likely check out.

tsluva
03-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Im the biggest superman fan their is. I love superman comics, shows, toys, and even some of the movies....... I own just about every post crisis superman book. most of the early ones were collected by my bro who gave them to me when he moved out.

What did you guys think of the "Superman Returns" Movie?

this is the pros and cons i had with SUPERMAN RETURNS:

i have to admit that i've become very spoiled
with the formula and success of the
the two previous Xmen and Spiderman films
( i have mixed views about Raetner's Xmen 3)
and thus i tend to compare any other superhero film
to those high standards.

being Superman is probably the longest running Superhero
and Singer is directing it
my expectations for this Suppey movie was extremely high.

i thought Superman Returns was just OK .... not great.
overrall it reminded me much more of a LOVE story than
it did a Superhero-action film.

Sorry, but i expect and prefer superhero action films
to have a fast pace to them.
don't get me wrong i don't have a problem with
romance-character bonding barrier , but i just think
it's much better and very important to have
action- first ...romance 2nd

the 1st Spiderman is probably the best example of BALANCE
of this without threatening to drag or slow the entire movie down.
(which i thought Superman-Returns very much did)

what i did like was the two or three really good special effects like:

1) Superman lifting an entire "kryptonite" isle aloft
and hurling it into deep space.

2) the wrecked-plane rescue ........

3) Suppey hovering over the entire planet Earth
to "hear" the many cries and pleas for help.

Overall, just far too few special effect/action scenes.

and i had a problem with hearing the 1978 version
music theme (from Reeves'film)
throughout the entire film, which had me thinking more
that this was more like " Superman-Christopher Reeves part 5 "
than a different distinct,unique version .

i like Kevin Spacey's role as Lex Luthor
( still like Gene Hackman's version better)
but i've always thought he was a terrific cast pick
for the current role. Spacey's Lex Luther version seemed more serious in Supey Returns
while Hackman's version was geared at more witty, dark humor.

i'm still trying to figure out how the hell Lex Luthor
first suspected the 5-yr old kid could be Superman's son, before the great "piano-fastball " scene.
And with all due respect to newcomer Brandon Routh, i couldn't
get into his Superman character nearly as much as i could
with Christopher Reeves.
i can never forget Reeves' distraught look over
a "dead" Lois Lane after being crushed in an earthquake.
Classic !

stillies77
03-16-2007, 10:30 PM
yeah it was ok...best comic movies are a great mixture of development and action IMO...for a great example...X2

stillies77
03-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Man i cant wait until Hulk comes back and knocks iron mans face off!!

here is a preview image for World War Hulk shown at Wizardworld LA today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/ironman19.jpg

thank god someone is going to do what i want to do!

TSFanTN
03-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I enjoyed Superman Returns. I am a Superman buff, so I am pleased with anything Superman, but yes - the 1978 Original is still the best.

Action is definitely a must, and I hear the next Superman will be full of it!

All I can say about the X-men movie franchise is that for X2 -- best opening sequence for a movie....ever! I don't think any superhero movie will ever top that!

tsluva
03-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I enjoyed Superman Returns. I am a Superman buff, so I am pleased with anything Superman, but yes - the 1978 Original is still the best.

Action is definitely a must, and I hear the next Superman will be full of it!

All I can say about the X-men movie franchise is that for X2 -- best opening sequence for a movie....ever! I don't think any superhero movie will ever top that!

Enter the Nightcrawler: yeh, i agree that's probably the
best opening the first Blade movie would have to
be 2nd best opening among superhero action films.
Fox don't realize it but there were a lot of fans rooting for
Nightcrawler to continue into the 3rd and future Xmen films.

Will we ever get to see a Gambit appearance in Xfilms ?

TSFanTN
03-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Gambit is the shit! After X3 was over everyone was like "we gotta stick around, there's something after the credits." Everyone kept saying "Yeah...Gambit makes an appearance."

Talk about a bummer.

IF they ever make another one, he better be in it!

General124
03-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Man i cant wait until Hulk comes back and knocks iron mans face off!!

here is a preview image for World War Hulk shown at Wizardworld LA today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stillies77/ironman19.jpg

thank god someone is going to do what i want to do!

I most definitely am waiting on World War Hulk. That is going to be awesome. Anything to kick Stark's ass. I hate him.

I liked the way Civil War: Frontline ended. Calling out Stark for the bitch that he is, setting everything up the way he did. I hope he gets called on it one day, but seeing Banner kick his ass would be enough. Matter of fact, I think She-Hulk is supposed to find out first.

stillies77
03-18-2007, 04:59 PM
she-hulk hulk and thor are gonna fuck stark up so bad I CANT WAIT!

then you know Fury has to come out of hiding just to slap that mustache off starks face haha.

Ne0n S0ul
03-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Anyone Reading the civil War issues...???

General124
03-19-2007, 01:11 AM

Mostly all of them. I have left a few of the spin-offs off of my reading list. Like I said earlier, Frontline was really good. Didn't care for the X-Men tie-in. And it looks like The Initiative will be ok. I'm considering getting the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers. I think one of those lines will carry the second Stark ass-whipping. The first happened when Cap handed his ass to him.

General124
03-19-2007, 01:51 AM
I heard about the Civil War series, but haven't actually checked it out yet. Exactly how much do I have to catch up on (how many issues)?

Civil War crossed a whole lot of titles along the way. Marvel is getting ready to release a TPB of the main Civil War storyline in the next month or so.

tsluva
03-19-2007, 09:40 AM

Mostly all of them. I have left a few of the spin-offs off of my reading list. Like I said earlier, Frontline was really good. Didn't care for the X-Men tie-in. And it looks like The Initiative will be ok. I'm considering getting the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers. I think one of those lines will carry the second Stark ass-whipping. The first happened when Cap handed his ass to him.

Damn.
does it get that bad for Shell head (iron man ) that
Captain America gets a piece of the beat down as well ?

i'm anxiously awaiting Iron Man movie that's due to come
out in summer of 2008.
Robert Downey Jr.(tony stark) Terrence Howard ( james rhodes)
Gwyneth Paltrow ( black widow ?) will cast in it.

DonPA
03-19-2007, 05:51 PM

Damn.
does it get that bad for Shell head (iron man ) that
Captain America gets a piece of the beat down as well ?

i'm anxiously awaiting Iron Man movie that's due to come
out in summer of 2008.
Robert Downey Jr.(tony stark) Terrence Howard ( james rhodes)
Gwyneth Paltrow ( black widow ?) will cast in it.

Paltrow is Pepper Potts. Tony's assistant.

TheGuard
03-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Don, where do you get your comics at?

DonPA
03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Don, where do you get your comics at?

I go to a few places in the general area. Why do you ask?

TheGuard
03-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm in the Harrisburg area myself, just wondering if we've been frequenting any of the same digs.

On a thread related note, Darwyn Cooke is God.

stillies77
03-21-2007, 06:24 AM
i agree his Selinas Big Score Catwoman story is one of my favorites. And i am loving his superman confidental

TheGuard
03-21-2007, 07:38 AM
I first noticed him on Batman: Ego, then read SBS. I thought they were both great, but I didn't fully understand it until New Frontier, and now his Spirit...Christ almighty anything the man touches turns to gold.

He might be my new Morrison.

General124
03-21-2007, 07:58 AM
I first noticed him on Batman: Ego, then read SBS. I thought they were both great, but I didn't fully understand it until New Frontier, and now his Spirit...Christ almighty anything the man touches turns to gold.

He might be my new Morrison.

Grant Morrison is absolutely wonderful. The job he has done with All-Star Superman is out of this world IMO, especially the last issue with Pa Kent.

This is unlike the other "All-Star" storyline - Batman and Robin. It completely sucks. Other than some great art by Jim Lee, Miller and Lee have completely fucked that story up, and I'm not talking the fact that it's been going on a year since they released an issue. The story is just, well... bad.

DonPA
03-21-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm in the Harrisburg area myself, just wondering if we've been frequenting any of the same digs.

On a thread related note, Darwyn Cooke is God.

I regular Comics and Paperbacks in Palmyra, but every so often I hit Comix Connection in Mechanicsburg. What about you?

TheGuard
03-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Small world, I frequent the latter, and every so often I go to the east shore comix connection.

DonPA
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I never been to the one in York, but it's owned by the same guy, so I assume it's basically the same. Have you ever gone to Cosmic Comics in Union Deposit? Every time I have been in there, the guy behind the counter has been rude. Plus the prices on things are outrageous.

Taom
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
I used to be majorly into comic books. It got my interest in becoming an artist started. Even went through a year of art college.

I still own a few, the sandman series, some preacher, JTHM, Squee, I feel Sick. I'll also check out anything that looks interesting. Just finished the civil war storyline and I thought it was a great read.

TheGuard
03-23-2007, 06:58 AM
I never been to the one in York, but it's owned by the same guy, so I assume it's basically the same. Have you ever gone to Cosmic Comics in Union Deposit? Every time I have been in there, the guy behind the counter has been rude. Plus the prices on things are outrageous.

No, I haven't been up that way, and now that you said that I'm thankful and will probably keep it that way.

stillies77
03-23-2007, 07:03 AM
i hate asshole comic book store guys...they all remind me of that asshole on the simpsons haha...my guy is the man...its like walking into cheers...everytime i walk in the store he goes MISTER STILL!!! and i go BILLLLLL haha

Legend
03-24-2007, 05:40 AM
Check out spiderman region,mary jane dies from parker's radioactive sperm LOL unbelieveable.

TheGuard
03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Yeah, Reign was definately decent. The new issue of The Spirit was amazing.

stillies77
03-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Just got in from seeing TMNT...all i have to say is...AWESOME...anyone who likes the turtles knows of the turtles or as heard of them should go see it...it was really a great movie...i had fun...i havent had fun at the movies since borat and i had so much fun haha

Legend
03-24-2007, 08:39 AM
You guys should also check out marvel zombies guess who makes a appearance ash from evil dead.

TheGuard
03-24-2007, 08:43 PM
The first mini by Kirkman and Phillips was great, I think there's going to be a direct sequel to that rather than the tie in which unfortunately I have no interest in.

Fockzilla
03-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I love Preacher and Johnny The Homicidal Maniac comics, yo! :wink:

DonPA
03-25-2007, 04:18 AM
The Walking Dead is by far the best zombie comic out right now.

I just got back from seeing 300. Amazing film.

TheGuard
03-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I dug 300 for what it was, Walking Dead is fantastic I just finsihed reading the newest issue.

tonkatoy
04-13-2007, 12:48 AM
I liked Asterix a lot. And also those comics, i dont remember what they were called, but there was a boy and a dog, and they went places and did things, had a 1930's feel to it.

Legend
04-13-2007, 12:58 AM

Have you looked at marvel zombies?
http://www.samruby.com/Series/MarvelZombies/Large/MarvelZombies2.jpg

BlondieUK
04-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I think Watchmen is awesome, as are Loeb and Sale. But the best thing I've read lately is 100 Bullets. Thats a quality series.

DonPA
04-13-2007, 06:40 PM

Have you looked at marvel zombies?
http://www.samruby.com/Series/MarvelZombies/Large/MarvelZombies2.jpg

I have it. It is good, but it just doesn't compare to Walking Dead. I am currently reading Army of Darkness vs. The Marvel Zombies. It's not bad.

General124
04-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Wasn't sure if I would be interested in Marvel Zombies. I see they have a few crossovers lined up for them though. I may take a peak.

Has anyone gotten into Marvel's Ultimate Power crossover? That has been pretty good thus far.

Legend
04-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Wasn't sure if I would be interested in Marvel Zombies. I see they have a few crossovers lined up for them though. I may take a peak.

Has anyone gotten into Marvel's Ultimate Power crossover? That has been pretty good thus far.

bruce campbell appearance in the lastest issue of marvel zombies is unexpected and pretty cool.

Legend
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
'Fantastic 4' Springboard For Black Panther?
http://i18.tinypic.com/641chmq.jpg

g4-the feed

Tim Story, the director of the not bad, but less than great Fantastic Four and the speculatively incredible sequel is one clever director of a fan boy. We were just too caught up with rumors about Galactus being a storm cloud to recognize it.
He might just be using the success of the Fantastic Four franchise as a springboard to help bring another prominent character to the big screen, T’challa, the King of Wakanda, also known as the Black Panther.

"I’ve got to tell you, to get the ‘Fantastic Four’ and turn it into a franchise, the first thing I thought was, ‘Will I get the Silver Surfer’? Or someone like Black Panther, who was introduced in their book, get Djimon Hounsou and go do it?’ But there are so many other great villains and stories - I feel like I hit the jackpot"

That’s not a confirmation of a Black Panther film, or even a solid confirmation that he will appear in the next FF4 flick, but with Story working behind the scenes there’s still hope for a Black Panther movie and before you start doubting the character’s potential, get learned.

T’challa has proven a near even match for the Fantastic Four in combat, served as defender and ruler of one of the Marvel U’s most powerful sovereign nations and stood on even footing with men the likes of Tony Stark and Professor Xavier.

Done right, a movie with him at the center could rock harder than Wakanda’s Vibranium mines. If someone can take what was essentially a cast off, Blaxploitation character like Blade and make a good movie or three, they can work wonders with the Black Panther.

Baron Of Hell
05-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm currently reading Walking Dead and Invincible. Oh and 52 also. I have about two big boxes full of comics. I don't have the time now to read as many as I did in the past.

justinisgood
05-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Oooh....Walking dead is not too shabby, I like the gritty storyline and the illustration. Civil War is good and I agree with you guys....really putting the hate on Tony Stark nowadays. I heard The Loners are quite good though haven't had the time to go get the comic.

Another one that I really liked was a TopCow release....its called Wanted written by Mark Millar. Anybody else read that? What do you guys think of Marvel 1602?

DonPA
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Wanted was good, but I have a bad feeling about the movie that's filming right now.

stillies77
05-10-2007, 01:45 AM
I still have to check wanted out