PDA

View Full Version : Halftime show?

arc angel
02-05-2007, 05:37 AM
What did you think . ?

arc angel
02-05-2007, 05:42 AM
I think it was great ,..... PRINCE, In the Rain....

hwbs
02-05-2007, 05:59 AM
zzzzzzzzzzz.....i was talking on the phone with one of my imaginary ts friends, lmfao...

wombat33
02-05-2007, 06:01 AM
What did you think . ?

I HATE THAT FREAKISH TALENTLESS LITTLE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

GET SOME REAL ENTERTAINMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRINCE IS ONE OF THE MOST EVER RATED SHOW BIZ PEOPLE IN HISTORY. PERIOD!!!

yodajazz
02-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Unfortunately I missed the halftime show, but I do like Prince. People dont mention him here, but on one of his albums in the day, there was a full shot of him in complete drag on the rear cover. It was a white outfit with midriff top and a white miniskirt with makeup. He was wearing glasses and playing guitar. It was not completly clear that is was him, but it was. Not much 'controversy' about that photo.

Yeah, he's a freak alright; but in an intersting sort of way. And he's got tons of songs. And been in the biz a long time while others have faded.

Realgirls4me
02-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Overall ...

The halftime show sucked!

The game sucked!

The commercials sucked!

Anymore questions?

...I was correct in that the Colts would win, though. :)

hwbs
02-05-2007, 06:37 AM
i almost regret not staying home and watching the ghost hunters marathon on the sci-fi channel.

axman
02-05-2007, 06:46 AM
Game Blouses!
8)

Nch22now
02-05-2007, 06:47 AM
I thought it was good.

Felicia Katt
02-05-2007, 06:53 AM
I liked the performing platform formerly known as a stage :)

FK

suckseed
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
There have been many times in my life when girls were around that needed some dance music and I was really happy somebody put on TAFKAP. Oh wait, that's TAFKATAFKAP (the artist formerly known as TAFKAP! And i will always remember an adorable petite brunette stripper dancing around to Sexy Motherfucker.

sucka4chix
02-05-2007, 09:13 AM
What did you think . ?

I grow oh so tired of idiotic statements like this! Call him what you want except talentless. Probably the single most talented musician on the planet bar none. Definitely underrated and under appreciated!

sucka4chix
02-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Overall ...

The halftime show sucked!

The game sucked!

The commercials sucked!

Anymore questions?

...I was correct in that the Colts would win, though. :)

Things I liked about the superbowl: the Colts won. Prince.

Things I did not like about the superbowl: the weather. that gay snickers commercial!

Realgirls4me
02-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Prince, or should I say,TAFKAP, is quite the amazing talented musician, but not in the same league as that of a Sly Stone or James Brown in terms of influencing generations of musicians. Those aforementioned artists changed the course of funk, RB, and hip-hop. In other words, they brought about a complete new sound, and thus influenced a complete new generation of musicians who are still lifting from them. Prince did not and has not done that.

...I didn't see the Snickers commercial. Is it on YouTube yet? :)

suckseed
02-05-2007, 09:31 AM
...one more person who would disagree with 'talentless'...Prince's lady for many years.

Fox
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I thought his performance was good. I was a bit surprised that some of the younger crowd seemed to know the lyrics to Purple Rain.

The commercials were severely lacking though, in my opinion, with a few good ones.

bassman2546
02-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Not big on his music. Watched it purely hoping to see some equipment malfunction, since it was in the rain, or to see someone slip and fall on their ass.

What was up with those terrible two dancers? Lame.

tg4me
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
It was better than I expected. To rock a stadium in the rain is tough. The marching bands added a lot. The lights were as important any other aspect.

Agree that most of the commercials were trying too hard to be outrageous.

ILuvGurls
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I grow oh so tired of idiotic statements like this! Call him what you want except talentless. Probably the single most talented musician on the planet bar none. Definitely underrated and under appreciated!

i take it you don't listen to much music.....i'll give you the fact that he has talent but to make that statement....

NO WAY

RawNY
02-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Actually, I decided to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. Youshould have seen some of those bitches run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fraggle543
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I watched the superbowl in england and considering it was raining in florida almost as much as i have seen in UK i thought both the 4 quarters and the half-time interval of prince rogers nelson and co were pretty good. Prince is definitely underrated for a self taught musician et al.

crayons
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Boring- anything related to American Football is boring. I watched it simply so I could make references to it as I brought down the hearts of the Bears fans.

chocolate ts freak
02-05-2007, 08:46 PM
What did you think . ?

I grow oh so tired of idiotic statements like this! Call him what you want except talentless. Probably the single most talented musician on the planet bar none. Definitely underrated and under appreciated!BUMP! You see that the problem we as a society face. 18-27 yr. old is mostly hip-hop and we know that their music is all beats. Thus no real talent needed to produce it. So most of them wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face.

demmie
02-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I really like Prince, he has some real talent, but the songs he played weren't any of his big ones, except for Purple Rain. He should've started off with "When The Doves Cry", gone to "Raspberry Bourret", then ended with "Purple Rain", which he did.

And Prince has more talent than most of the new musicians nowadays.

ILuvGurls
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
BUMP! You see that the problem we as a society face. 18-27 yr. old is mostly hip-hop and we know that their music is all beats. Thus no real talent needed to produce it. So most of them wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face.

could not have said it any better.

wombat33
02-06-2007, 03:54 AM
What did you think . ?

Suck,

Have another beer.

He is useless.

hwbs
02-06-2007, 04:07 AM
i give him credit for playing in the rain...im a football guy ...i only care bout the game...ive been to tons of nfl games and cant recall anything special from any of those halftime shows...

BeardedOne
02-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Lacking teevee I missed the whole thing, but will catch the commercials on AdCritic or YouTube later.

As for that stuff they play in between the commercials... :shrug

Shame they haven't made a regular thing of 'wardrobe malfunctions'. After Janet showed off her titty hardware I overheard a tech from the Ontario Power Authority comment "What's up with the States? Christ, CBC only got three complaints about that and two were because of poor signal quality!". :lol:

sucka4chix
02-06-2007, 06:19 AM
i take it you don't listen to much music.....i'll give you the fact that he has talent but to make that statement....

NO WAY
Sorry to disappoint ya, but I listen to quite alot of music; I studied sound engineering and I DJ'd for a while so I own a vast array of music that goes back at least 25 years. Prince is one of very few musicians that not only plays many many instruments, but plays many many instruments EXCEPTIONALLY well. He's a respected producer and has garnered awards as a pop artist, a soul artist and soundtrack composer. He can play jazz,country,rock,soul, funk or dance. I'm always eager to learn so I welcome any introduction to others so versatile.

d
02-06-2007, 06:23 AM
What did you think . ?

i think you mean madonna.......

suckseed
02-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Non-musicians don't understand how much hard work it takes. All you non-musicians reading this...try a little test. Pretend your desk is a piano. Rest your hand with all five fingertips touching the desk. Now try just lifting the fourth finger without moving the other ones.
It's a fact that very few activities require the finger strength and dexterity of playing a musical instrument. So think about the dedication it takes to master an instrument, let alone several, then to learn how music is put together, and how to write good songs, how to write lyrics that aren't cheesy, learn how to sing (the only skill that many famous singers who don't write their own material have out of all these tasks) how to have the balls to sing about your most personal thoughts to a bunch of strangers, especially in the beginning when no one cares, then figure in the countless days on the road dealing with freaks, strangers, hangers on, drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep, and repetition.
Prince is one of the very few people out of tens of thousands of musicians who made it all happen at this level. So, all of you who choose to criticize...let's hear your masterpiece.