PDA

View Full Version : When ya get plastic surgery..?

suckseed
02-02-2007, 06:09 AM
...how come there's so little scarring? Hell, i've got scars that are 20 years old from little cuts over the years, and they were clean cuts from kitchen knives and such. Do people cover them up for photoshoots or do they really go away? Just curious, and hey it's a new thread!

Realgirls4me
02-02-2007, 06:36 AM
I've always wondered that too. Doesn't that CO2 laser supposedly just "evaporate" lines and such?

blackmagic
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
...how come there's so little scarring? Hell, i've got scars that are 20 years old from little cuts over the years, and they were clean cuts from kitchen knives and such. Do people cover them up for photoshoots or do they really go away? Just curious, and hey it's a new thread!

:( my parents paid 10grand for the plastic surgery on my 2 left nuckles, and you can still see my scar!!, i would presume your talking about FFS on the TS? if so i would guess they cover it up with some foundation or blush but its still there no matter what, but i dont know, my best guess is the doctor doing the plastic surgery gives them some type of creames to minimize the scaring?

suckseed
02-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Well, I'm not trying to bring up old wounds :!: :lol: but yeah, when TS get chins and jaws(!) and such moved around (I was motivated by Leora's recent thread), I'm just curious. Obviously if it left a big old scar nobody would do it.
Allanah has talked about having the same thing done many times, like her breasts which look fine to me. Vicki's had surgery, and you can't see a thing.
So...do the really good doctors have a knack?

qeuqheeg222
02-02-2007, 09:47 AM
a good doc makes all the difference.secondly some gurls are just lucky to be born with soft or feminine features that they don't have to tamper with too much...some tgs get liquid silicon injections in the hips,lips,and tenderloin tips....cheeks,chins all hopefully done with medical grade sil..ive heard stories of queens injecting themselves with mineral oil and stuff from home depot!

Vicki Richter
02-02-2007, 10:05 AM
For jaw and chin, they do the cut from inside of the mouth. They cut all along the lower gum line, pull the skin away from the bone and cut and shape. Then after your bones are all how they want them to look, they reattach this and that with titanium screws and plates and sew you shut. Not a single visible scar.

For the forehead, they cut you from ear, all the way across the top of your head, to the other ear. Then they peel the skin away from your skull and use a sander type device to flatten out the lobes. In extreme cases (forehead III), they will cut and remove the bone in front of your skull, reshape it away from the body and then put it back in securing it with wire mesh and titanium screws. They then cut out part of your scalp and forehead skin to feminize the hairline and use micro-sutures and well placed staples to put you back together. Because the cut is so close to the hairline, it is almost impossible to see if you have a good doctor.

There are a lot of other surgeries obviously, but these are some of the more extreme in Facial Feminization Surgery. I've had all the procedures described (except forehead III) as well as two breast augmentations, two nose jobs, and another chin surgery that was reversed during the 2nd operation.

suckseed
02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
:shock:
I had no idea. That sounds awful. Was the recuperation period rough?

See what these women go through?
And Arianna with her tats? Not to mention the fact that she designed some of them.
My respect has just gone up a notch. (remember what Snoop said...)

suckseed
02-02-2007, 10:54 AM
That they cut gums and peel back faces and such? yes...i'm not given to musing about the details of plastic surgery. I had to change the channel when they started showing surgery back when I had a television.

Fox
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, our girls are really put through the ringer. God bless 'em. :?

That they cut gums and peel back faces and such? yes...i'm not given to musing about the details of plastic surgery. I had to change the channel when they started showing surgery back when I had a television.

How can you watch the poor talentless saps on American Idol (assuming you're in the U.S.) without a tv? D:

suckseed
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
You Tube, my dear man. reduces tv to five minutes a day. I've got far more important things to do with my time, like hang out on transexual forums.

Fox
02-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Good deal. I forgot that everything including kitchen sinks are posted on YouTube.

02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
This is part of why I am convinced that the brain is the biggest sex organ in the body.

If someone is willing to bear pain, expense, social stigmatization (unfortunately from some weak Christians), loss of career, loss of fertility, loss of family, loss of...... de facto life.... anyone with a brain has to admit. That person is a woman. That much surgery and bandage for what they believe in their hearts.... it takes a strong person to follow through. They are committed to principle beliefs.

When I think about that, it proves how beautiful life is. It ain't the parts, it's the beautiful mind. It's the brain that makes women beautiful.

Fox
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
This is part of why I am convinced that the brain is the biggest sex organ in the body.

If someone is willing to bear pain, expense, social stigmatization (unfortunately from some weak Christians), loss of career, loss of fertility, loss of family, loss of...... de facto life.... anyone with a brain has to admit. That person is a woman. That much surgery and bandage for what they believe in their hearts.... it takes a strong person to follow through. They are committed to principle beliefs.

When I think about that, it proves how beautiful life is. It ain't the parts, it's the beautiful mind. It's the brain that makes women beautiful.

How strange... I'm completely agreeing with TFan lol. :lol:

AllanahStarrNYC
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Some plastic surgery does leave scars.

I have scars from some surgeries and none from others. From the 49 or so surgeries I have had some have healed very well- such as eyelids, lipo incisions, hairline advancement, all the nasal surgeries, ears, etc, etc. Some it is because the incisions were done inside my mouth, like VR with the jaw, or cheek implants through the mouth as well. I do have three scars that I do not like and I cover with make up, but they are hot so visisble.

Scars after surgery have to do with your skin type, how you heal, and ofcourse the incision, sutures,and work of the surgeon.

There are many products that help with scars- like Mederma. You can also treat the scars with different types of injections including cortizone.

Then there are lasers. There are new lasers that help heal red scars- which are a rssult of broken capilaries within the scar, as well as more invasice lasers as the Erbium and CO2 laser- which is the strongest. However, I do not think they are used primarily to treat scars.

peggygee
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
As a woman of color I am prone to scarring and keloiding.

Which is something that I share with my surgeons.

I am an 'old school girl - hence the Gee'. When many of my
procedures were performed the technique were much more
invasive, and thus more likely to leave a scar.

However overall I have been fortunate in that I don't have too
many really large scars. Due in large part to having great surgeons,
my being very aggressive with scar reduction tactics.

blackmagic
02-05-2007, 03:54 AM
For jaw and chin, they do the cut from inside of the mouth. They cut all along the lower gum line, pull the skin away from the bone and cut and shape. Then after your bones are all how they want them to look, they reattach this and that with titanium screws and plates and sew you shut. Not a single visible scar.

For the forehead, they cut you from ear, all the way across the top of your head, to the other ear. Then they peel the skin away from your skull and use a sander type device to flatten out the lobes. In extreme cases (forehead III), they will cut and remove the bone in front of your skull, reshape it away from the body and then put it back in securing it with wire mesh and titanium screws. They then cut out part of your scalp and forehead skin to feminize the hairline and use micro-sutures and well placed staples to put you back together. Because the cut is so close to the hairline, it is almost impossible to see if you have a good doctor.

There are a lot of other surgeries obviously, but these are some of the more extreme in Facial Feminization Surgery. I've had all the procedures described (except forehead III) as well as two breast augmentations, two nose jobs, and another chin surgery that was reversed during the 2nd operation.

if its not to much to ask, how much does all of that cost and where is a good place or good doctor to go get this done at?

peggygee
02-05-2007, 06:07 AM
if its not to much to ask, how much does all of that cost and where is a good place or good doctor to go get this done at?

I like the Thais for SRS, breast augmentation, and for some
girls maybe rhinoplasty (nose job).

The Brazilians are great for hips, calf implants, lipo, etc.

For my facial work I have gone with Park Ave, NY doctors.

Some girls may opt for pumping (injecting silicon) for their
breast and hips.

As to costs, I find that the Thais and Brazilians give you the
most bang for your buck. And they are able to provide first
world medicine at a third world price.