PDA

View Full Version : Post-ops UNITE!!

sucka4chix
01-31-2007, 03:18 PM
There's a morning show dj in Raleigh NC that says if anyone has had a sex change,m2f or f2m, he would like to touch it. Not sure if anyone would be down for that, but maybe the activists here can send him some post-op pics and/or give him a piece of their mind.
His name is Bob Dumas (pronounced doomus, not dumbass) and he's on G105. He can be e-mailed at: showgram@g105.com

peggygee
01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
He won't be touching 'the pussy', but we will be
touching base with him. :evil:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/01bob2dumas.jpg

Bob and the Showgram is a morning radio show on WDCG-FM in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina that airs from 6 am to 10 am weekdays. The current cast consists of radio personalities Bob Dumas, a "redneck" despite his six-figure plus salary (see Larry the Cable Guy), Mike Morse, a local 'hot' Disc Jockey, and Kentucky Kristin, the newest member of the crew.

Controversies
"Bob and the Showgram" has a history of controversial broadcasts and subsequent disciplinary actions. Bob Dumas is a self-proclaimed [redneck] and often makes statements which take on an inflammatory note. One of the show segments is called "Bob's Soapbox" and the website for that feature prominently exhibits a Rebel Flag.

[edit] American Idol
The current host Bob Dumas and a previous host Amy Bristle were suspended from the station after causing national controversy by making offensive statements, characterized by some as racist, about the 2004 winner of American Idol, Fantasia Barrino of High Point.

[edit] Encouraging Drivers To Terrorize Bicyclists
On September 22 and 23 of 2003, Dumas encouraged listeners to call in and relate stories about how they terrorized bicyclists. In the course of that show, he said that he kept empty bottles in his vehicle so that he could throw them at cyclists. [1] These statements caused protests from the local community[2], who successfully lobbied for an official resolution that the capital of the state was friendly to bicyclists[3] and convinced some local businesses to pull their advertising. Bob was suspended for two days and station management aired an apology.[4] Eventually a compromise was reached between the community and station management.[5]

[edit] Heterosexual Pride Rally
In 2004 the Showgram organized a heterosexual pride parade in Chapel Hill, NC. The event was meant to draw contrast to gay pride parades. In the lead up to this event the show sold items such as T-Shirts with a graphic that proclaimed "Flaming Heterosexual".

[edit] Other Controversies
Dumas was voted "Least Favorite Local Radio Personality" of 2003 in an Independent Weekly Poll.

[edit] Contributions to the Community
Despite controversial broadcasts and acts the show also has a history of positive contributions to the local and national community.

[edit] Pennies From Heaven
In November 2005, the Showgram raised over USD $200,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Eastern North Carolina. Celebrity spokespersons Ashlee Simpson and Lifehouse guitarist Jason Wade, along with the families of children with life-threatening diseases and the entire Eastern North Carolina community were also involved in this. The show also raised $130,000 for this charity in 2004. Overall, Pennies From Heaven has raised well over $1,000,000 dollars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

[edit] Assistance to Local Law Enforcement
A show segment Bob The Bounty Hunter has been successful at spreading the word about wanted criminals in five North Carolina counties. The local community has stepped up to call in tips about fugitives after hearing their descriptions on the show. This segment has been credited with helping law enforcement officials get information necessary for the capture of 40 local fugitives.
In 2004 the show participated in G105's "Operation Teddy Bear", a program designed to collect teddy bears from the community and provide those to children when law enforcement officials responded to a call where kids would be involved.

[edit] Disaster Relief
In 2005 the show hosted a Hurricane Katrina Relief effort entitled Bob & The Showgram’s Bus to the Bayou which collected 11 tractor trailers full of supplies from the community and Dumas himself helped deliver them to communities affected by the hurricane in Mississippi and Louisiana.

[edit] Broadcast Information
Bob and the Showgram airs on G105, 105.1 FM WDCG-FM Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill. The show is a production of the Clear Channel Communications Corporation. The broadcast studio is located in Smoketree Tower in Raleigh, NC.

New episodes of the show are typically aired between 6 am and 10 am on Monday through Friday with a "Best of" from the previous week on Saturday in the same timeslot. There is also a free podcast available called "Bob and the Showgram On-Demand" on the iTunes Music Store and on the show's website.

[edit] Previous Hosts and Interns
Madison Lane was a former co-host (when it was called The Bob and Madison Show) who left G105 in 2004 for another Raleigh/Clear Channel station, SUNNY 93.9 which has since been changed to 93.9 Kiss.

The show also features a number of broadcast interns who have come and gone over the course of the production. In early 2006 there was an on-air competition to find a new intern after the "Intern Ben" returned to his native Canada. One of the more high-profile interns is referred to as "Racist Rodney" for his typical "that's racist!" reaction to statements made on the show.

Amy Bristle left the show in 2006, stating "personal reasons" for her departure.

Former assistant producer is nicknamed "Beans" resigned because he wasn't getting paid enough.

[edit] References
^ Mionske, Robert (2003-10-02). Shock jocks (html). Legally Speaking. Velonews. Retrieved on 2006-08-05.
^ G105 promotes driving into cyclists as fun (html). The G105 Incident. Triangle MTB club (2003-10-02). Retrieved on 2006-08-05.
^ Marzullo, Katie. "City asks drivers and cyclists to get along", TWEAN Newschannel of Raleigh, 2003-10-21. Retrieved on 2006-08-05. (in English)
^ Goodridge, Steve (2003-10-02). Raleigh, NC (html). Clear Channel Radio Responds. North Carolina Coalition for Bicycle Driving. Retrieved on 2006-08-05.
^ Miller, Joe. "Cyclist engineers truce with station", Tar Heel of the Week, The News & Observer Publishing Company, 2003-10-26. Retrieved on 2006-08-05. (in English)

sucka4chix
02-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Yea Peggy!!! I know we've butted heads in the past, but that's what I like about you---so thorough!!!
I just thought his comment was so damn stupid and disrespectful. Apparently he's mentioned this in the past and got no response, so I was like "Hmmm, maybe I can get a response for him, I got people!"

peggygee
02-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Yea Peggy!!! I know we've butted heads in the past, but that's what I like about you---so thorough!!!
I just thought his comment was so damn stupid and disrespectful. Apparently he's mentioned this in the past and got no response, so I was like "Hmmm, maybe I can get a response for him, I got people!"

I actually had to dig back through my posts to recall when
we had butted heads.

I finally was able to track down the posts in question.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=13139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

And I got to say, I wish more disagreements on HA were as
civil.

All in all, it was a clean fight, there were no blows below the
belt :)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/alidaughter3x2.jpg

And for today's info I am very grateful so that we can
promptly address that situation in North Carolina, if he
is desirous of a response we will get him a response.

Thus, once again good looking out, and thank you.

Peg. 8)