PDA

View Full Version : I work with the worst DRUNK ever!

Solitary Brother
01-30-2007, 06:30 AM
He does the same job as me.....metrology which is thescience of weights and measures.
He makes 4 dollars an hour more than me but comes to work DRUNK almost everyday.
He has the shakes.....he has to drink so as not to shake.
He comes to work REEKING of alcohol and even our lead has noticed.
He is an Archie Bunker type of guy.
We work with a lot of dangerous things and he has been shocked before.
Not that this matters but he is white and I am black.
I have more experience than him and can do way more things than him but he was given an outrageous salary by my ex-supervisor.
Even my lead asks "What does he do?"

I work right next to this nutjob and im getting sick of seeing his ugly drunk ass.
Any advice?

JusticeIsBlind
01-30-2007, 06:32 AM
He does the same job as me.....metrology which is thescience of weights and measures.
He makes 4 dollars an hour more than me but comes to work DRUNK almost everyday.
I have more experience than him and can do way more things than him but he was given an outrageous salary by my ex-supervisor.

I work right next to this nutjob and im getting sick of seeing his ugly drunk ass.
Any advice?

If it doesn't matter, then why'd you bother to mention it? :?: :?: :?:

suckseed
01-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Wow, that sounds like it sucks. My coworkers often get high and drink on the job, and it does piss me off, cause i'd love to as well but don't cause i wouldn't risk my job. I'd say just do a kickass job on your end, and either wait for his crap to catch up with him, or try inviting a higher up over for some reason and see if you can get them to catch a clue about this clown.
There's always the 'suggestion box.'

GroobySteven
01-30-2007, 06:50 AM
So Suckseed and Solitary Brother are both police officers?
seanchai

suckseed
01-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Try caterer/musician for my part. :lol:

johnie
01-30-2007, 07:09 AM
ever try anonymous emails/letters to the boss????

ezed
01-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Bravo Sierra on solitary brother. He's doing a paper on forums and the psychology therein. Or something like that. Throws out a scenario...steps back...and notes the responses.

werwt22
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM

Any advice?

Cha-ching. Soon will be the time to approach boss man and see what he has to say. Figure out what the deal is with drunk vs you and if you really feel its racial discrimination "lawsuit". But I suggest you do some research and get your facts straight before talking to your boss or you may end up jobless and no settlement. LOL reminds me of my gf...there was a woman working at a restaurant for 30 yrs and my GF got a job at the same restaurant and her pay surpassed the veterans pay in 2 months b/c she has big tits. It was pretty sad.

werwt22
01-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Wow, that sounds like it sucks. My coworkers often get high and drink on the job, and it does piss me off, cause i'd love to as well but don't cause i wouldn't risk my job. I'd say just do a kickass job on your end, and either wait for his crap to catch up with him, or try inviting a higher up over for some reason and see if you can get them to catch a clue about this clown.
There's always the 'suggestion box.'

That idea sux....i mean not b/c of the idea itself but b/c the fact that the other guy would just get fired and he'd still have $4 less an hour LOL. No offense btw.

peggygee
01-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Like any other disease alcoholism tends to progress.

The once functioning alcoholic finds that he/she may not
be functioning at the same levels that they once were.

At some point this situation will implode, and the matter
will fully come to light.

It does sound like somone is covering for him, and
shielding him. I take it that this is a union shop, and
thus he is afforded protections there-in.

Does your job have an EAP (Employment Assistance
Program) that handles matters like this, it seems as
if our friend needs to do an in-patient treatment
program.

As you have stated this is an issue that not only effects
that person, but rather others at your company as
well, in terms of safety, thus it should be addressed
forthwith.

peterbuck
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Alcohol

wombat33
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Any advice?

I am as white as any other white boy and I can tell you it makes me sick the way corporate america pays white men and considers all others a setp below. I work very hard to hire a diverse staff, work with all people and fight for people who deserve a good salary no matter thier race, religion etc..............

I say go ahead and speak up professinoally I did this last year to my boss about a guy who was also a sloppy drunk and he made ten grand more than I did.................sure enough I got my raise.............he is now fired from the company fo drinking.

Think positive and may you get what is rightfully yours.

From a white man who is color blind

The Wolf
01-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Racism is gonna exist in the US

hondarobot
01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Heh. You gotta admit the idea of an Archie Bunker type guy getting drunk constantly and periodically shocking himself at work is a bit amusing.

But I know what you mean. The entire cleaning crew where I work at are in their late 50's and hard core alcoholics. It's sad, but what can ya do? I'm just glad I got my drunk on early in life and got over the whole thing.

Here's an idea, start hiding bottles of liquor behind circuit breaker panels. He'll keep going for them and get a real good shock someday. The problem will correct itself.

:wink:

crayons
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Solitary Brother: did this guy recently move into the city? Maybe a couple of months ago? Or has he been working with you for a long time?

Solitary Brother
01-31-2007, 07:50 AM
My lead was gonna go to OUR boss who is VERY high up in the company but I talked him out of it.
My lead thinks the guy is drunk everyday......NO
Almost everyday is more like it.
I could tell he had some today but no where NEAR what he had yesterday....
I mean yestereday he was sluring.
This guy......I feel sorry for him yet he is such a jerk and asshole.
Half the company knows he drinks....many have smelt it on him.
The problem is last year we moved to the company headquarters and if someone sniffs it on him he is gone.
Our CEO doesnt play that....someone called our HR guy a "homo" and our CEO found out...that guy was gone so fast it was unreal.
I dont want to see this idiot fired.....I SHOULD but i dont.
Our last boss took up for him.
The last guy in the postion im in ALSO got fired for drinking .....after he mouthed off to our ex supervisor who is also a woman and someone NOT TO BE MESSED WITH.

Why cant I work for GENENTECH?

ezed
01-31-2007, 08:35 AM
I withdraw the bravo sierra, he responded to a post he started.

chefmike
01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I guess 'Dear Abby' is off today... :roll:

wombat33
02-01-2007, 05:05 AM
My lead was gonna go to OUR boss who is VERY high up in the company but I talked him out of it.
My lead thinks the guy is drunk everyday......NO
Almost everyday is more like it.
I could tell he had some today but no where NEAR what he had yesterday....
I mean yestereday he was sluring.
This guy......I feel sorry for him yet he is such a jerk and asshole.
Half the company knows he drinks....many have smelt it on him.
The problem is last year we moved to the company headquarters and if someone sniffs it on him he is gone.
Our CEO doesnt play that....someone called our HR guy a "homo" and our CEO found out...that guy was gone so fast it was unreal.
I dont want to see this idiot fired.....I SHOULD but i dont.
Our last boss took up for him.
The last guy in the postion im in ALSO got fired for drinking .....after he mouthed off to our ex supervisor who is also a woman and someone NOT TO BE MESSED WITH.

Why cant I work for GENENTECH?

Solitary,

They don't always get fired. Maybe he would be forced to get the help he needs in a program and by telling you may save his life or improve it greatly.

I hope things get better.

Solitary Brother
02-07-2007, 06:28 AM
He he
Funny thing happened today......
Our boss who is VERY high up in the company cames over to tell us our ISO audit is being pushed up to March(yikes...I have so much to do).
My alcoholic coworker was there and was loaded and I think she noticed!
He let out a big ole beer belch while she was talking to him.
I think our lead may have said something to her...
The funny part was the look on her face.....
Its gonna be interesting tommorrow.

This guy is the number one complainer in the company and always has an excuse why he cant follow procedures.
He is also a compulsive liar.....
Me and him are suppose to enter all our work into the new database and he has done nothing....
I on the other hand have about half of it done.....around 1200 records.
She asks him ..."So have you been entering your items in the database?"
Of course he lied.....he doesnt even have a fucking log in yet and this is suppose to be FINISHED by April!
She is SO onto his drunk ass.

All we do all day is laugh at this silly fucker........
I am going to enjoy seeing his fat ass get fired......

Solitary Brother
02-27-2007, 06:43 AM
An update on the drunken idiot I work with.
He has truly pissed off our manager.
She knows ALL about his boozing and him not doing shit at work and him being a perpetual lying machine.
Drunken asshole tried to get an individual from someone elses department to do his work which is FRAUDULENT.
I made a BIG stink about it and my lead emailed our mananger and then went and spoke with her.
I also spoke with her on the subject.
It didnt help that asshole missed 2 days of work on a drunken bender.
She told the drunken asshole to NOT solicit help from outside the department since we could get crucified in a audit situation which we have an ISO audit coming up NEXT week!
Well lo and behold the same guy he TRAINED was down in our area again today after our manager has just COUNSELED him.
I was steamed.
So I ran this guy out of there and confronted asshole about it......

I am gonna CRUSH this guy......I am really starting to hate him.
He also came to work today DRUNK again!
Why cant I work with normal people instead of basket cases?!!!!

olite71
02-27-2007, 06:49 AM

Any advice?

Wow. Archie Bunker made about $100k an episode---so you must be doing alright.

beatmaker
02-27-2007, 09:57 AM

Any advice?

Sounds like a classic tale of affirmative action for white men. Stories like these are not all that uncommon, as their used to be a popular thread dealing with these sorts of experiences, on a black-oriented website I was a member of years ago. Board members would post all the preferential and sometimes outright racist crap, they had to deal with at their workplace. I remember one sista would talk about this white guy who would constantly try to catch her using the internet during work hours. He would sneak up behind her regularly and one time, when he thought she was in a meeting, she saw him at her computer fiddling with the mouse, but she had learned to lock her computer at all times. When she confronted him, he says "What are you getting in a huff about, I just wanted see what you were up to". She was one of the few blacks who worked there and would always say she was close to losing her sanity. When she complained to her supervisor about this guy, he joked "What do you have a guilty conscious or something, if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, why should you care". It's like he has the right to violate her personal space, just because.

SolitaryBrother, just keep showing and proving, as universal law has a way of correcting the bullshit, even if it takes years to unfold. Stories like yours, are why I laugh when I see guys like Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity or that lawn jockey Ward Connelly whining about affirmative action on Fox and other cable news shows. I worked in the back adminstrative offices for two of the largest financial firms in NYC and I would laugh at all the inept mothafuckas walking aroung making 100K+ per year. One in particular was a complete racist asshole, with delusions of superiority and didn't now jackshyt. He would delegate his work to this older black lady and Puerto Rican girl in her 30's, while taking credit for all their good ideas and deadline tackling, but would throw them under the bus when things didn't go as planned or work was mishandled. Oh Well!

02-27-2007, 01:59 PM
She knows ALL about his boozing and him not doing shit at work and him being a perpetual lying machine.
Drunken asshole tried to get an individual from someone elses department to do his work which is FRAUDULENT.
I made a BIG stink about it and my lead emailed our mananger and then went and spoke with her.
She told the drunken asshole to NOT solicit help from outside the department since we could get crucified in a audit situation which we have an ISO audit coming up NEXT week!
Well lo and behold the same guy he TRAINED was down in our area again today after our manager has just COUNSELED him.
I was steamed.

Good god, will you put the racism pity-pod aside for a moment and consider yourself fortunate that you're not in his shoes? 4 fucking dollars and you're throwing a hissy? Shit, this guy is probably gonna die. I've been in about the same situation you are in right now. At times I wanted to go off the deep end and just fucking clock the motherfucker. Then I thought... I started to feel sorry for the man. In the big picture, I am young, healthy and talented and he was a middle aged, divorced man who's children don't even take his fucking phone calls. He ended up getting fired and I figure that if he ain't dead already, he's staring down the barrel of a wasted life, drinking away the regret of the people he hurt and lives he destroyed.

Seeing the man destroy himself, you should look in the mirror and be happy you are you. You seem to be so bitter about being black and racist whitey, that if I were you I wouldn't touch drugs or alcohol ever. With your resentful nature, you might turn out to be an addict yourself.

Jericho
02-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Who's Archie Bunker?

02-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Who's Archie Bunker?

The Greatest of All Time!

scorpion
02-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Alcohol at work? Not a god combination.
Im happy that I dont have to face this problem beacause al sorts of drugs is absolute forbidden there I work. Which means that you cant have alcohol or drugs on board on the ship ever. You have to bee sober under the hole time wee are out even when wee are in port beacause you are practical in service 24 hours a day and up to 10 weeks.If someone break this rule he have to leave the ship in next harbour. So i guess this aint a place four a Alcoholic.
Here you cant fire one beacause he is alcoholic beacause this is classifyed as a case of illness. He can bee sicklisted or bee put in other possitions.

Jericho
02-28-2007, 03:09 AM
The Greatest of All Time!

2nd greatest...based on Alf Garnett. :lol:

Solitary Brother
03-01-2007, 07:40 AM

Any advice?

Sounds like a classic tale of affirmative action for white men. Stories like these are not all that uncommon, as their used to be a popular thread dealing with these sorts of experiences, on a black-oriented website I was a member of years ago. Board members would post all the preferential and sometimes outright racist crap, they had to deal with at their workplace. I remember one sista would talk about this white guy who would constantly try to catch her using the internet during work hours. He would sneak up behind her regularly and one time, when he thought she was in a meeting, she saw him at her computer fiddling with the mouse, but she had learned to lock her computer at all times. When she confronted him, he says "What are you getting in a huff about, I just wanted see what you were up to". She was one of the few blacks who worked there and would always say she was close to losing her sanity. When she complained to her supervisor about this guy, he joked "What do you have a guilty conscious or something, if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, why should you care". It's like he has the right to violate her personal space, just because.

SolitaryBrother, just keep showing and proving, as universal law has a way of correcting the bullshit, even if it takes years to unfold. Stories like yours, are why I laugh when I see guys like Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity or that lawn jockey Ward Connelly whining about affirmative action on Fox and other cable news shows. I worked in the back adminstrative offices for two of the largest financial firms in NYC and I would laugh at all the inept mothafuckas walking aroung making 100K+ per year. One in particular was a complete racist asshole, with delusions of superiority and didn't now jackshyt. He would delegate his work to this older black lady and Puerto Rican girl in her 30's, while taking credit for all their good ideas and deadline tackling, but would throw them under the bus when things didn't go as planned or work was mishandled. Oh Well!

You DONT know the half of it.
I always try to EARN the money I am paid.....I make a decent living.
The guy I am talking about EVERYONE in our division KNOWS he is a drunk!
You can smell it on him!
Yesterday and today he was light up like a christmas tree!@
I am the only MONORITY there.......even the white guys shake their heads at this guy.
My review was perfect and I told my manager I KNOW I AM BETTER THAN ALL THE GUYS YOU HAD BEFORE ME.
I also said I want a raise and April is when I will find out if I get it.
I pride myself on getting the job and being the standard by which others are measured by.
This guy I work with is in SUCH deep shit now.....he is SO behind in his work.......I am 2 weeks ahead of the curve!
I have the lowest backlog of anyone in the lab!
We have our audit next week and he is BURIED in work.......I WONT HELP HIM THOUGH.
When I first started working with him he had an audit from GOVERNMENT auditors and they asked him some questions about his work.
My lead was right there and my former manager too.
He had NO clue what they were talking about and laughed in his face and shook there head and he got written up.
He got upset but could do nothing.
Next week his ass may get fired.
SERIOUSLY.
I just hope he doesnt come to work drunk next week.
I will keep you posted!

Solitary Brother
03-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I was steamed.

Good god, will you put the racism pity-pod aside for a moment and consider yourself fortunate that you're not in his shoes? 4 fucking dollars and you're throwing a hissy? Shit, this guy is probably gonna die. I've been in about the same situation you are in right now. At times I wanted to go off the deep end and just fucking clock the motherfucker. Then I thought... I started to feel sorry for the man. In the big picture, I am young, healthy and talented and he was a middle aged, divorced man who's children don't even take his fucking phone calls. He ended up getting fired and I figure that if he ain't dead already, he's staring down the barrel of a wasted life, drinking away the regret of the people he hurt and lives he destroyed.

Seeing the man destroy himself, you should look in the mirror and be happy you are you. You seem to be so bitter about being black and racist whitey, that if I were you I wouldn't touch drugs or alcohol ever. With your resentful nature, you might turn out to be an addict yourself.

Actually I DO FEEL SORRY FOR HIM.
I could get him fired instantly........he does SO much fraudelent shit.
He is the type of guy that says everyone is an idiot and he is a genius.
Seriously.
Everyone is dumb compared to him.......yet he cant repair anything and has a backlog as long as my arm!
The other guys I work with(white guys) hate him.
I deserve to get paid more because I do more and with high quality.
My previous manager who has been with the company 30+ years said she never seen the backlog as low as I have it.
This is NOT a guy you would feel sorry for........TRUST ME.

03-01-2007, 08:06 AM
I'd feel sorry for him, then fire his ass. When people destroy themselves, my compassion only goes so far. :D

TheGuard
03-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd wait for him to pass out, then draw a penis on his forehead, but I'm immature like that...

03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I'd wait for him to pass out, then draw a penis on his forehead, but I'm immature like that...

LMAO.

beatmaker
03-01-2007, 12:39 PM

T-Fan, I know you wouldn't be able to stay away for long. First off, how is this post a racial pity-pod. You like to point out all of the black man's shortcomings in most of your threads, but when someone calls out a caucasian you get incensed and say they are "making excuses" or "playing the race card". Sad thing is, you're not even white. Your playing the pity-pod for this white guy Solitary Brother works with. My momma always told me "If you listen to someone long enough, their nonsense will catch up to them". You always like to preach the Republican mantra of personal responsiblity, as it relates to any issue dealing with black people. Yet, you have the audacity to preach victimology, when it comes to these similarly afflicted white guys you and Solitary Brother work with. Stand up straight and stop carrying white people's water for them, OK!

You then go on to say, "Be glad you aren't in his shoes", as though being a drunken, slacker is not a personal choice. For a person that is a disciple of Fox News (O'Reilly, Hannity etc) and mentioned in another thread that the it's the people of New Orleans fault for not leaving when Hurricane Katrina hit, you act as though his dysfunctional behavior is something that just happened (sounds familiar LOL). Yet, you can tell Solitary Brother that he should "be lucky he isn't in his shoes", like someone is holding a gun to this guys's head making him drink and be lazy. Solitary Brother can look himself in the mirror and be proud of what and who he is, because he lives his life in that manner. Being thankful, implies some outside influence determines who engages in self-destructive behavior and I know you of all people aren't eluding to that. Oh no, not you Mr. Personal Responsibility! I mean you feel that centuries of historic and institionalized racism is an invalid reason for blacks to be lagging behind whites in today's society, correct? If so, than your points to Solitary Brother are hypocritical, as he manifested his own destiny and so did the drunken, slacker white guy he works with. Therefore, you need to take being "thankfully" out of the equation, as that entails an external force played a role in his personal successes. You're thankfully, when someone helps you out or recognizes you for the good person you are, not because you've avoided becoming a drunkard or junkie.

Your silly drivel about him being a bitter, black man is insipid. You can talk about black people in your posts 24/7 and not be a bitter, prejudiced Mexican-American male who harbors animous towards African Americans, but Solitary Brother is "bitter' because some white coworker who comes to work reaking of liquor, doing very little work and desrespecting fellow coworkers and supervisors, still gets rewarded with a higher position and more money. That's not being bitter or blaming whitey, it's being human. I can also bet all my worldly possessions, if you worked in a company under a black manager/supervisor and they were paying some drug abusing, lazy black man more money and then gave him/her a promotion over you, you'd be in HA and other online forums complaining about black people's reverse racism nonstop. However, if you were in the same situation with whites, you'd be quiet and know your place.

Tfan, you avatar really provides a glimpse into your deep seated pathologies. As the saying goes "A picture tells a thousand words".

03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
TL:DR

03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
TL:DR

03-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Tfan, you avatar really provides a glimpse into your deep seated pathologies.

Oh noes!!! Pathologies!!

I'm melting!!! MELTINGS!!!!!!

What a worldz!!! What a worldz! :D

:peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter :peanutbutter

Solitary Brother
03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Drunkie is in REAL trouble......our manager who IS VERY high up in the company(the president writes her revue) had a meeting with our lead and drunkie.
I was exempt because I am caught up.
Drunkie has half the company pissed at him......MANAGERS that can crush him like a bug!
He was drunk again as usual....reeking of alcohol.
He got put in his place I was told by our manager.
It kills me that this waste of cells makes MORE money than me and DOES nothing but complain and come to work drunk.
Next week should be interesting!

Solitary Brother
03-09-2007, 06:49 AM
The past 3 days our company has been audited.
This morning my group got audited and drunkie got busted BIG TIME!
The auditor was VERY thorough checking EVERYTHING.
There were 3 people in our group that got audited.....ME,DRUNKIE and a guy thats been with the company 39 years.
Guess which one of us had NO findings?
ME
My documentation and procedures were PERFECT.
He checked several thing I had done...PERFECT.
Drunkie?
Not so much.........
His test data was fraudulent.......he passed an item that was out of tolerance for the LAST 2 YEARS!
Our manager who is the Quality Manager for the entire company was pissed.
Our group shouldnt have ANY findings at all.
Oh yeah he was drunk again too.
Me and my lead were enjoying watching him squirm and get busted.
Now ALL of his previous work will be scrutinized.......most of it is fraudulent of course.
He tried to feed our manager this bullshit.......I had to get up and walk outside it was so deep.
Most other places would have fired drunkie on the spot and blacklisted him.
I am so glad this is over because Ive been working my ass off stressing over this audit.

03-09-2007, 07:08 AM
That's fate, my friend! At his age, recovery from addiction is a tall feat. It's a no-win situation for him. If he gets fired, he's just gonna drink. If he get's help, he may still drink.

And you still have your job! Sounds like you're doing nice work.

Solitary Brother
05-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Its been a while since I updated you all on "drunkie".
Our manager has put the screws to this drunk bastard and he has to check with her on EVERYTHING he does!
He got so fed up he tried to transfer to another department.
My lead knows the guy in charge of the department he was trying to transfer to and told me he wouldnt get the job.
Drunkie thought he had it made in the shade be me and my lead knew he didnt have a snowballs chance in hell.
Now he is stuck with us and he has to WORK!

Oh yeah......I had to fire someone this week......too bad I cant fire drunkie.

Anyways the WHOLE company knows about how drunkie blew the audit and his stock has fallen big time.
My lead always says "I dont know why he is still here".

Solitary Brother
06-19-2007, 06:26 AM
He is about to be fired!
Only a miracle can keep him here.
Some background info..........
Drunkie got a bit of bad news...........Let me back up even further.
Drunkie was having a pain on his right side.
He felt a swollen mass on his right side so he goes to the doctor like 2 weeks ago.
All of a sudden drunkie gets REAL quite and all he says is "I have to have surgery".
From what me and my lead surmized its his liver.
Not a shock to anyone.
So last tuesday he comes in and he is semi-ok and "humble"(My leads words)
Then later on in the morning he get really smashed......ripped.......we all noticed it and he has an appointment to get some test results back.
He goes "I will be having surgery next week and will be out on monday and tuesday.
Ok.
So last tuesday he goes off to the doctor DRUNK to get his test results.
He doesnt come in or call or manager the REST of the week!
My lead speaks to him last Thursday and says "call OUR boss" since she needs to know everything.
Our boss had no clue what was up with him ALL last week!
He calls in on wednesday and thursday to our lead and leaves messages on the phone SLURRING his words.
Friday I call his cell number and I can hear that he is at the bar......he doesnt answer me.
All I wanted to do was get drunkie to call in and let our manager know what was up with him.
3 other people call him on friday and on thursday mind you our lead tells him to call our manager.
This morning he doesnt show up for work DOESNT call anyone.
Our manager shows up starts talking to my lead.
She tells him "Dont be surprised if he isnt with us anymore"

YES!!!!
Finally this asshole will be fired!

whatsupwithat
06-19-2007, 06:29 AM
He is about to be fired!
Only a miracle can keep him here.
Some background info..........
Drunkie got a bit of bad news...........Let me back up even further.
Drunkie was having a pain on his right side.
He felt a swollen mass on his right side so he goes to the doctor like 2 weeks ago.
All of a sudden drunkie gets REAL quite and all he says is "I have to have surgery".
From what me and my lead surmized its his liver.
Not a shock to anyone.
So last tuesday he comes in and he is semi-ok and "humble"(My leads words)
Then later on in the morning he get really smashed......ripped.......we all noticed it and he has an appointment to get some test results back.
He goes "I will be having surgery next week and will be out on monday and tuesday.
Ok.
So last tuesday he goes off to the doctor DRUNK to get his test results.
He doesnt come in or call or manager the REST of the week!
My lead speaks to him last Thursday and says "call OUR boss" since she needs to know everything.
Our boss had no clue what was up with him ALL last week!
He calls in on wednesday and thursday to our lead and leaves messages on the phone SLURRING his words.
Friday I call his cell number and I can hear that he is at the bar......he doesnt answer me.
All I wanted to do was get drunkie to call in and let our manager know what was up with him.
3 other people call him on friday and on thursday mind you our lead tells him to call our manager.
This morning he doesnt show up for work DOESNT call anyone.
Our manager shows up starts talking to my lead.
She tells him "Dont be surprised if he isnt with us anymore"

YES!!!!
Finally this asshole will be fired!

Let's hope he finds the humility and the help he needs. In the meantime, maybe losing his job will give him the wakeup call he so desperately needs.