PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 12, becomes girl, 14

Somedude21
01-30-2007, 12:24 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248196,00.html

Found this on another board. It's garnered such responses as...

i don't know why the treatment for gender dysmorphia has been to cater to their delusions and have them change sex. it'd be like treating schizophrenia patients by agreeing that yes, we are all out to get them, and that yes, walls do talk.

HE will alwas be MALE, and HE will never know what it is truely like to be a female. DNA is DNA.

Seriously, this is ****ing sick. The parents need to be shot, and the creature needs to be buried 6 feet under.

perpetuating and encouraging a delusion brought on by mental illness isn't exactly harmless.

As far as science goes she is just your above average emo homosexual boy who wears makeup and girls clothes and likes other boys.

*shakes head*

Puppet Master
01-30-2007, 01:45 AM
This is the attitude which stops me from transisitioning =(

suckseed
01-30-2007, 03:16 AM
I didn't realize one could get two years added surgically...

Alison Faraday
01-30-2007, 04:31 AM

You'll be fine. Well, you won't, it's kind of difficult to describe. It's a bit like being thrown into the middle of the ocean when you can't swim. You end up dealing with so much it'll totally broaden your mind and views of the world. You'll come out at the other end quite perceptially different.

It's an eye opening experience into both yourself and the people around you. If you have to do it, you have to do it. There's no getting away from it if you have the bug. But be warned, you cannot untell people. You have to be sure in yourself to start it, and you have to be sure of yourself to keep going. It's an amazing journey, both good and bad.

Take a deep breath. GO! :) Swim swim like you've never swam before. :D

Felicia Katt
01-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Most of the comments in the original source, the Daily Mail in the UK are overall a lot more positive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=432094&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

FK

Puppet Master
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Then again more carry the negative idea, which does make it very daunting.

TrueBeauty TS
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM

If it's only the attitude of others that stop you, then you should NOT do it. You have to want it so bad that nothing will stop you. If you don't want it bad enough, then you are not ready for it. (Maybe you never will be, and that's OK too.)

Puppet Master
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Well when you got 6 uncles, and a very anti everything grandfather, and a dad who is just as anti, and has a temper which has made me fear for my mum.

It does make me want to not transition, scared of what might happen.

Maybe that makes me weak, I dont really know =/