PDA

View Full Version : Im New

Ecstatic
01-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Welcome, M77. Peggygee has a nice summation of preferred terms on the "The name Tranny Chaser" (http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=183345#183345) thread. You'll find that different tgirls prefer different terms to some degree, depending on their background and culture; for instance, the term "ladyboy" is more accepted by tgirls in Thailand or the Philippines than it is in the US. One tgirl I know coined the term "phallic women" which I thought was an interesting spin (she's a non-op TS, fwiw). Actually I think the best advice is to call them by their names and not by their gender.

whatsupwithat
01-29-2007, 07:30 AM
. One tgirl I know coined the term "phallic women" ...

Wow. I never heard that one before. Hmmm...so what would a post-op be? A 'formerly phallic woman'? :)

MrsKellyPierce
01-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi All
I've recently discovered my interest in TS women within the last couple of months.

Anyway i was surprised to learn that the word She-male is considered to be a not so nice name to call a TS lady. Is TS ok?

I would appreciate any guidance on which other names i should avoid using when referring to a Transexual as i have no desire to insult any of them.

Thanks in advance. I honestly find it offensive in life but I don't take what someone on a forum says about me serious or hurt. I would rather just be called a lady a female a woman definitely not a shemale lol you know what we have you don't need to direct us as that lol

Fox
01-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Welcome, welcome.

MrsKellyPierce
01-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi All
I've recently discovered my interest in TS women within the last couple of months.

Anyway i was surprised to learn that the word She-male is considered to be a not so nice name to call a TS lady. Is TS ok?

I would appreciate any guidance on which other names i should avoid using when referring to a Transexual as i have no desire to insult any of them.

Thanks in advance. I honestly find it offensive in life but I don't take what someone on a forum says about me serious or hurt. I would rather just be called a lady a female a woman definitely not a shemale lol you know what we have you don't need to direct us as that lol oh and to quote myself off topic I know we aren't supposed to speak off topic - but I just noticed my avatar is huge lol and everyone else's is smaller I feel so out of the loop lol :lol:

blackmagic
01-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

for fear of being ridiculed i aint gonna throw in my 2 cents in on that one but hey from Rookie to Rookie welcome to the forum :D

BeardedOne
01-30-2007, 02:25 AM
oh and to quote myself off topic I know we aren't supposed to speak off topic - but I just noticed my avatar is huge lol and everyone else's is smaller I feel so out of the loop lol

Size doesn't matter, darlin'. :wink:

To the term 'she-male': I never liked it myself and use it only in reference to vids with that reference in the title. Took a while, but I got my cohorts to dropping the reference as well, as they clearly saw that I disliked the term and found it deeply offending to myself and the gurls to which they were referring.

Interestingly enough, when I refer to a particular lady, my partners now ask "Is that with a 'U' or an 'I'?" to differentiate between TS/TG ('Gurls') and GG ('Girls'). :)

Welcome to the asylum, M77, put on your flame-retardant undies and join the fray. :D

suckseed
01-30-2007, 02:52 AM
I vote that you keep your avatar just that size Kelly. At worst, it makes us look a little longer! :)

ezed
01-30-2007, 07:44 AM
. One tgirl I know coined the term "phallic women" ...

Wow. I never heard that one before. Hmmm...so what would a post-op be? A 'formerly phallic woman'? :)

Both are tough to type, I don't think they'll catch on.