PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here a gamer?

Fox
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm just curious if anyone else 'round these parts play video games. I don't have the new consoles, but I do have Super Nintendo, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, PlayStation (1 & 2), Dreamcast, GameCube, Xbox... and a slew of emulators and roms if you wanna count those.

I finished Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess early this month and am still playing through Final Fantasy XII, and recently came across a retranslation (from Japanese to English for those not in the know) of Final Fantasy VI which makes me love that game more than ever.

I love PC games too, but my laptop barely plays MP3s without studdering, let alone any higher end games. :cry:

Anyway, I could go on all night about games, but is anyone else here into them?

kukm4
01-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Right now i'm addicted to
Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory (pc)
http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/enemyterritory/

blackmagic
01-26-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah, recently moded my xbox well more or less did an upgrade. I can pretty much play almost any xbox 360 game as well as the origional xbox games, that shit aint easy to do but its well worth it..

hwbs
01-26-2007, 10:14 AM
im playing the zelda also and the new splinter cell these days....

Fox
01-26-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah, recently moded my xbox well more or less did an upgrade. I can pretty much play almost any xbox 360 game as well as the origional xbox games, that shit aint easy to do but its well worth it..

Yeah, I modded my Xbox as well with an Xecuter 3 CE chip and put in a 120GB hard drive. Mostly been using it for media stuff and playing SNES and GBA roms. Xbox Media Center is the shit.

Also, did you mean that you play 360 games on Xbox 1? Cause if so, I missed something major on Xbox-Scene.com lol.

Someone brought over an X-Box with Halo 2 and some Splinter Cell games recently and I couldn't handle playing for more than 10 minutes (despite being interested in Splinter Cell games in the past). Used to play a bunch though. Wish I could have all that money back now.

Just ordered a Nintendo DS with Nintendogs just to have something cute and fun to use when bored.

Waiting on Half Life 2: Episode Two (the only franchise I still feel a need to have to try the new installments out).

Heh, Nintendogs... I wonder how many non-gamers bought a DS just for that game...

I have the Xbox version of Half-Life 2, too bad it's just the barebones single-player campaign. Awesome game and franchise though. Hm, I though Episode 2 was out by now. I gotta get myself a 360/PS3 for when the port comes out.

That or finally get around to building a PC which I've been meaning to do for ages... :?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-26-2007, 12:07 PM
been gaming for decades

modded ps2 torrent downloads keep the games fresh and easily burnt
was thinking about getting a PS3 but I'm waiting to hear back from some folks that just updated the firmware Sony interestingly put out days ago to prevent lawsuits in the long run

might get an Xbox 360, feel like an idiot for not snagging one up right before Xmas for $100 on Amazon.com

Fabianefan
01-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I have the wii and zelda, and also some older console games... but WoW has taken over my life once again with the expansion...

Alison Faraday
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Ultima Online - 6xGM on Siege Perilous.

but don't tell anyone.. really, just don't.

Dkg
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Just got a Wii this past holiday with Zelda.

Pretty fun system

Smog Boy
01-26-2007, 04:50 PM
X360. I'm 70 hours into Elder Scrolls IV.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-26-2007, 05:47 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.usmechatronics.com/usmgarage/WiiBot.html

http://www.usmechatronics.com/usmgarage/WiiBot_files/imageEffectsAbove_DSC00052.png

Coroner
01-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I´m totally into consoles-stuff..... mostly Resident Evil although I have all parts through :)

PC games are not really my type of world but sometimes I play Counter Strike, Max Payne or Castle Wolfenstein :lol:

My latest addiction is the Sega Mega Drive emulator on PC :D

eggbert
01-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Man, do I feel fucking old. I haven't played a game since feeding quarters into a Ms. Pacman machine about 20 years ago.

Somedude21
01-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I've been gaming since I was about...five or so. Just got myself a PS3 and Resistance: Fall of Man for Christmas. Damn fun game.

crayons
01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm a nerd for only old games (classics) on Commodore 64, Nintendo (ol' school), Mega-Drive (Genesis), GameBoy (original), Atari Lynx and Jaguar (don't ask), Sega Saturn and Neo-Geo (believe it). Between my dildo and my games- I choose my games. I'm a complete nerd and can even name you the chiptunes.

Vicki Richter
01-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I haven't had as much time for gaming as I want, but here goes:

Mideval Total War II - Strategy
Dungeons and Dragons Online - Role Playing Game (RPG)
Heros of Might and Magic 5 - Strategy

I buy games and then never open or play them. I just get weak sometimes. I have Quake 4, Doom 3, etc.

I am waiting on the next installment of Unreal Tournament. I play on Instagib Capture the Flag ladders where I either play as TempTatioN or Sh3m@le B1tcH. My favorite game of all time was Quake 2 CTF. I haven't played a game I like more.

My favorite thing to do is go on public servers in FPS games and do annoying things like constantly spawn snipe the enemy. Very fun to be annoying.

Other games I've played: Everquest (blah), Ultima Online (I loved it), Acheron's Call (worst game ever). I own WoW but have never installed it or played it. The graphics are too cartooney for me.

blackmagic
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
you can partition the drive either that or mount a 2nd hard disk inside the box. yes i ment on xbox 1 :shock:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page

FAVORITE GAMES
HALO!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
HALO 2 !!!!!!!! :lol:
HALO 3 !!!!!!!! <----- waits :lol:

But besides that I may add that im not the gaming nut i used to be i specifically moded the box and stuck it in the game room to upload movies and music to it via internet, that way i pretty much have a media box inside the game room, and dont need the fancy blue ray or HD DVD player or nothing just a nice little black box that i can watch movies on and dance too :lol:

TomSelis
01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Right now I'm mostly playing Battlefield 2, rank first sergeant.

I like the Total War games and I played Medieval 2 until I got BF2. They really need to iron out those bugs in Medieval 2 though. I mean damn, Gothic knights being pwned by archers? And those damned inquisitors man......smacking down my best generals.

houstonshemalefan
01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm more of a sports games fan but I like the GTA series.

Fox
01-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I just to be in a Quake 2/3 clan years ago (like 2000-2001 time) and played Dreamcast tournaments too. Man, those were the days.

After 2 and half years of playing Final Fantasy XI online I quit in November. I had a level 75 (max level) Monk and Ninja. My friends are still trying to get me back heh.

Man I need a new PC... :?

Castor_Troy05
01-27-2007, 07:33 AM
I've currently got a Wii60 combination, don't really play pc games much anymore.

Oh and blackmagic, it is not even remotley possible to play xbox360 games on the original xbox, even with a ahrd drive upgrade, it's incredibly more complex than that.

stillies77
01-27-2007, 07:47 AM
hell yes i am a gamer...getting a wii on feb 14th

have an xbox 360 and a DS already

anyone on xbox live can add me

Gamertag = AgtStillies

fhsjazztrumpet2
01-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I've spent so many hours this break playing Madden 07 and Kingdom Hearts too. Also finally beat Resident Evil 4 for the Cube, and then got the PS2 version as a gift. Roomie got Wii, so I may play that some.

Tara Emory
01-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Tee hee. I'm a big BIG retrogamer. I was doing Atari 2600 when I was 6 years old, and have gotten back into collecting that stuff. I'm not sure why NES didn't appeal to me in the late 80's (actually, by then I had switched over to computer games). When I was a kid we were kinda poor, so I was always a little behind the curve, but I vaguely remember the pre-videogame crash days. I recently played and almost perfect game of Pitfall!. I've got an Intellivison and Colecovision as well.

Not too long ago I picked up a Sega Dreamcast for next to nothing but that's about the newest system that I play with.

-Tara

Realgirls4me
01-27-2007, 10:54 AM
More nude shots please, Tara ... Hee-hee.

:)

Tara Emory
01-27-2007, 10:55 AM
nude shots playing Atari?

-Tara

Realgirls4me
01-27-2007, 10:57 AM
nude shots playing Atari?

-Tara

Sure! There's a new genre! ;)

I love your figure, girl. :)

Shadow Dragon
01-27-2007, 10:59 AM
My favorite thing to do is go on public servers in FPS games and do annoying things like constantly spawn snipe the enemy. Very fun to be annoying.

Other games I've played: Everquest (blah), Ultima Online (I loved it), Acheron's Call (worst game ever). I own WoW but have never installed it or played it. The graphics are too cartooney for me.

play cs 1.6/source, ut2k4 or fear (speeking of which the Fear Multiplayer is free and u can get it on fileshack)?

btw, dont get into wow...its a wate of time imho...there are better mmos out

currently im playing Albatross18 http://www.albatross18.com
Counter Strike 1.6 and Source
Fear Multiplayer http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/9272/F.E.A.R.+Combat+1.07
and Lineage 2 http://www.lineage2.com on a private server[/url]

GroobySteven
01-27-2007, 12:06 PM
2 games.
Can't get off them - should try some new PC stuff - any advice? Especially for FPS or Guild type games.

WoW - love it.
Battlefield 2 - I rock!
Actually liked Battlefield Vietnam better for it's mis en scene so hope they redo it - was dissapointed with Battlefield 2142 - too complicated compared to the earlier Battlefields.
seanchai

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Now that counter strike is practically free, I say all you pc owners download (oops I mean buy) a copy and we all have HUNG ANGELS DEATHMATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already have my squad assembled, although I think it would be cool if each time had a woman, don't know who I'd choose considering Vicki is the only gamer I know of OF THE opposite sex on here

BrendaQG
01-27-2007, 04:01 PM
My favorite games right now are the :total War series. From Shogun:Total War right through Medieval II: Total War. Basically every game I have liked has been some kind of a realistic Strategy/wargame.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-27-2007, 04:07 PM
oh yeah, Need For Speed Carbon
my favorite game this year

stillies77
01-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I love battlefield 2, Madden, NHL 2K7 and Oblivion...cant wait to pick up my Wii and Zelda...then ill probably stay off here for a while haha

hitman
01-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Got a PS2 with a ton of games, the FPS 'Black' is amazing to play, I reckon it's one off the most realistic FPS's.

I also have an XBOX 360 with not so many games. Been playing Lost Planet which is cool but my fav has to be Test Drive Unlimited. I have almost completed it just have to do the HitchHiker Missions.

Alison Faraday
01-27-2007, 07:15 PM
You need to pick up a copy of Command and Conquer (http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/us/index.jsp). Tiberian Sun and Red Alert.

You're on!! Prepare to be tank rushed. By far one of the best games of it's time.

Shadow Dragon
01-27-2007, 10:58 PM
i second the counterstrike match :D

we should probibly make a cs thread just for this reason

BrendaQG
01-27-2007, 11:06 PM
My favorite games right now are the :total War series. From Shogun:Total War right through Medieval II: Total War. Basically every game I have liked has been some kind of a realistic Strategy/wargame.

You need to pick up a copy of Command and Conquer (http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/us/index.jsp). Tiberian Sun and Red Alert. Pretty sure you would like it and probably like X-Com too.

I usually purchase my games from GoGamer.com.

Definately. But I am afraid that if I bought those many games I would never leave my computer long enough to do anything.

I would aslo mention that I have a good ol Xbox and love Soul Calibur and halo. Just not as much as my wargames.

laoda8
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm a console gamer. Most of my play gets on the xbox360, rest on ps2, and every now and again on the PC.

hondarobot
01-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Best PC games of all time (in my opinion):

Fallout 1 & 2 (Fallout 3 is in development, but is widely predicted to suck, even though Bethesda is making it).
Civilization (2 was good, but 4 is by far the best, maybe the best game made so far)
Cutthroats (great pirate sim/strategy)
Gangsters (another great Eidos sim/strategy, it was as widely ignored as the previous one)
Hearts Of Iron (very cool and complex WW2 sim)

I think Everquest was the best MMO so far, it was true to pen and paper AD&D and came without training wheels (originally). You got dropped into a world and had to figure things out on your own.

One of the most fun single player RPGs lately was Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Made by the guys behind Fallout, it was almost completely open ended and the game changed radically depending on your character build and actions in the game. I played one time through as a crazy vampire and had amusing conversations with lamp posts and a television, among other things.

I've got a couple games sitting around that I haven't loaded yet. Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legends is probably the next one I'll try out. It's a real time strategy set in a fantasy world with loopy Davinci like technology, and different types of magic.

I don't play twitch games, so I don't really know much about that scene. I'm not a competative online player, I'm more unorthodox. In Everquest I made a nice living brewing beer (Double master level in brewing, and his alcohol tolerance was maxed). Name was Steintilter, of course.

8)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-28-2007, 01:05 AM
need for speed carbon is insane IF you like driving games

the attention to detail they gave this game as far as you designing a race car is insane

and the online play with that car is alot of fun

btw, I picked up one of those ps2 to usb convertors, not bad for $6 but you have to dedicate 2 mins to setting it up for a particular game which is a pain in the ass

Shadow Dragon
01-28-2007, 01:44 AM
those may be a pain in the ass but they add to the fun factor of the game ur playing (unless its a FPS or RTS of course)

Smog Boy
01-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Anyone looking forward to Bioshock and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2?

hondarobot
01-28-2007, 02:09 AM
A friend of mine has been getting heavily into Carbon, JWBL. The first thing I asked him was "Did they include a Hemi Cuda?"

They did. He also said the game was completely out of control. Sounds like they did a great job with it.

TomSelis
01-28-2007, 02:09 AM
LOL....SeanChai shot me in the back on BF2, I got him back though.

Shadow Dragon
01-28-2007, 02:54 AM
He also said the game was completely out of control. Sounds like they did a great job with it.

hes right, the games off the hook. the only complaint i hear about it is the over realistic shinyness of the cars in the game but i never notice it

hitman
01-28-2007, 02:58 AM
BF2 rules, I love it especially when online.

But most of my friends prefer CS which I cant really argue against, it is a blinding game.

Not played NFS Carbon yet, to be honest the last NFS I played was undeground 2 and thats going back a while lol. I didn't think much of Ghost Reacon Advanced Warfighter so I'm not that bothered about the second one but I am looking forward to BioShock, now that looks like a great game.

I think I might have to grab myself Okami soon, thats supposed to be brilliant and the Sega Mega Drive Collection, theres always time for some Retro.

The ultimate game I think everyone is waiting on has to be GTA 4 for PS3 and XBOX 360. But unfortunately there aint much info on it yet only rumours.

fhsjazztrumpet2
01-28-2007, 04:22 AM
Oh shit, I also forgot to mention that I love to play the free online games, two in particular: Diablo II and Starcraft. God bless Battle.net's freeness, since I'm a poor college kid who can't (and doesn't want to) pay for and play WoW.

Shadow Dragon
01-28-2007, 06:52 AM
u should look into Albatross 18. its a free online golf game, unless u want items that can only be bought with cookies...and cookies cost $$$ though there are items u can get with normal currency.

if you liked hot shots golf then u should like this. if u never played hot shots golf then atleast try it...its a 300 meg download so other than maybe an hour outta your life, whaddya got to lose?

http://www.albatross18.com

cheers :D

scroller
01-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Tee hee. I'm a big BIG retrogamer. I was doing Atari 2600 when I was 6 years old, and have gotten back into collecting that stuff...

Funny, I was just discussing getting my Atari 2600 & hooking it up to the massive movie projector & PA system in my band's rehearsal space in NYC.

But generally I'm PC: Starcraft addict.

Smog Boy
01-28-2007, 02:42 PM
The ultimate game I think everyone is waiting on has to be GTA 4 for PS3 and XBOX 360. But unfortunately there aint much info on it yet only rumours.

I'm not waiting for GTA 4, it'll be like the rest of the series. For X360, we're waiting for Halo 3 and Gears of War 2

hitman
01-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I've not had a chance to play Gears of War yet my friends say it awsome.

I'm also looking forward to Halo 3 as well.

Dkg
01-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow, this thread really grew. I'm suprised so many of you guys play videogames.....well, no not really. Moreso that you actually admit to it, heh.

Smog Boy
01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I've not had a chance to play Gears of War yet my friends say it awsome.

I'm also looking forward to Halo 3 as well.

Gears is great, but at 6 hours, a bit short. Still, killing Locusts with a chainsaw makes up for it. :D

werwt22
01-28-2007, 07:53 PM

I buy games and then never open or play them. I just get weak sometimes. I have Quake 4, Doom 3, etc.

I am waiting on the next installment of Unreal Tournament. I play on Instagib Capture the Flag ladders where I either play as TempTatioN or Sh3m@le B1tcH. My favorite game of all time was Quake 2 CTF. I haven't played a game I like more.

LOL You love Quake and didnt mention Doom? BFG9000 (Big Fuckin Gun 9000) lol

werwt22
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Top games of mine.

1- World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. 66 Mage atm on Spirestone.

2-WC3 Frozen Throne Footmen Frenzy

3- C&C Generals Zero Hour (Command & Conquer) USA Air Force general and Superweapons general all the way baby.

4-Soul Calibur 3

5-Tekken 5

6-All of the Megaman and Megaman X series and Command Missions.

7-Need for Speed every version besides Porsche challange

8- And one my my favs of all time Super Smash brothers melee.

LOL I forgot about my Nintendo and Super Nintendo Emulators.

hondarobot
01-28-2007, 09:41 PM
As far as Gears Of War and the Xbox360 goes, I checked it out a few weeks ago. Put the audio through a full dance floor sound system and projected it onto a wide video screen. It was kinda cool (loud, for sure).

Great graphics but not my sort of game. We also checked out some WW2 shooter and some goofy fish related game (you swim around eating other fish, apparently it's quite popular).

stillies77
01-28-2007, 09:46 PM
feeding frenzy haha its a good game

Smog Boy
01-29-2007, 12:44 AM
I always wondered, if the Nazi's had won WW2, what would games be like?

The Sims: Concentration Camp
Hunting Private Ryan
Invasion: USA
Call of the Fatherland
Cross of Iron: European Assault

hwbs
01-29-2007, 12:54 AM
i have to admit that this game is corny , but i couldn't put it down...fucking paper mario.... its real addictive...also loved metroid prime , but it was too hard...i got close to the end but gave up..

peggygee
01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
A geek, but not a gamer. 8)

hondarobot
01-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Paper Mario!? But I know what you mean. I had this Gulfing Game addiction for several months once. I would save the really amazing shots and, when friends would stop by, I'd insist that they watch the replays.

"Look at this! Out of a sand trap, chipped over the trees, and right into the cup from 60 yards away!!! I couldn't even see the fuckin flag! Ever seen anything like that?"

They would always agree that they hadn't. . . and that there was probably a good reason for that.

Still, good times.

hitman
01-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Gears is supposed to amazing online which is pretty much what it was built for.

Not a fan of WarCraft though, I was more of Command $ Conquer fan, I used to play that game for hours on end. The First one was always my fav but I got into Tiberian Sun and I tried playing Comandos a couple of times but I used to get annoyed at it because yoy need all of your men, so if one dies you have to start all over aaahhhh.

I dont really play PC games though anymore I'm more of a console fan.

GrimFusion
01-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Here's my console list:
Vectrex
Atari 5800
NES (front loader)
Genesis 3 (You know, the ultra-compact one)
SNES
PSone
GBC
N64
Sega Dreamcast
Neo Geo Pocket Color
GBA
Wonderswan Color
Slimline PS2
Gamecube
GBASP
Xbox

I'm planning on buying a Xbox360 and a Nintendo Wii sometime soon... a PS3 eventually. I would be able to list a top-loading NES and a 1st gen PS2, but I loaned out the two consoles and a few games to someone I thought was a friend of mine, only to find out a week later that they disconnected their telephone and moved without telling me.

My game collection is somewhere around 800 titles. To be completely honest, though, I don't find much time to game anymore. It's just not convieniant to come home and have to fuss around with getting a console connected up and running just to play a game for an hour anymore. I'm actually planning to build a computer that will take advantage of roms and emulators and plug into my TV just to free up some space in my entertainment center.

GrimFusion
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
i have to admit that this game is corny , but i couldn't put it down...fucking paper mario.... its real addictive...also loved metroid prime , but it was too hard...i got close to the end but gave up..

I assume you mean Paper Mario 2: The 1000 Year Door. The original Paper Mario on N64 was a little on the lame side, although I must admit playing all the way through it.

I think PM2:1000YD gets a little annoying with it's massive amounts of back-tracking and required character switch out, which has kept me from actually beating it. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through and stuck at the part where Peach has to brew up the invisibility potion. For the life of me, I can't count of the thirty seconds necessary to heat the potion. I've even pulled out my watch and counted it off officially. I know I have the mix set correctly. I even pulled up a GameFAQ's walk through to make sure. NOTHING is getting me past that point. Talk about uber frustration.

hwbs
01-29-2007, 08:54 PM
yeah i remember that... i got a guide at lunabean.com that got me through it....that game is real long...i eventually beat it... even though i have the wii , the game im really into now is resident evil 4....its also alot of fun with dolby 5.1... it kinda freaks you out in the middle of the night, lol...

lilkiba
01-30-2007, 03:42 AM
WoW and Wii have consumed my freetime and occasionally RPGs on my DS >.> have a PSP but its just collecting dust atm >_>

rick_932
01-30-2007, 04:30 AM
my fucking 360 finally died on me a couple weeks ago. it was a launch unit and i never had any problems with it at all until that night. i went to turn it on and got the red ring of death. i didn't play it much, only on weekends, and thats pretty much the reason why i wont even bother getting it repaired.

Shadow Dragon
01-30-2007, 04:54 AM
thats xbox for ya :lol:

Navi
01-30-2007, 05:00 AM
PC: Quake4

wow it been a long time for quake, i remeber playing quake 2

Smog Boy
01-30-2007, 02:17 PM

I've had a few X360's brake down, but jeez, Microsoft go out of their way to fix the problem. Xbox rules!

GrimFusion
01-30-2007, 06:11 PM

I've had a few X360's brake down, but jeez, Microsoft go out of their way to fix the problem. Xbox rules!

Out of their way? Sure, if you're still under warranty. Just be glad it's not your PS3 that broke down. I don't know how things are THIS generation, but last generation with the PS2, Sony was making people PAY EXTRA to get their consoles fixed or replaced even if they were under warranty.

fhsjazztrumpet2
01-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I have a 5 year old PS2 and the only problems I ever have are the laser drive teeth getting flipped out of the drive screw. Since i'm out of warranty anyway I crack that baby open and fix iy myself.

hitman
01-30-2007, 08:20 PM
I never had any problems with my PS2, I had on of the first ones to come out in 2000 and that only broke last year. I never had any problems playing games or dvds on it. That console has my respect lol.

As for XBOX 360, aahhhh! Sometimes I just want to launch it through my window. Sometimes it wont play dvds even if they're new and I have had the blue screen of death on occasion. But it does have some awsome games, that will change when the PS3 is Launched in Europe - Cant wait :lol:

Smog Boy
01-30-2007, 09:38 PM

Out of their way? Sure, if you're still under warranty. Just be glad it's not your PS3 that broke down. I don't know how things are THIS generation, but last generation with the PS2, Sony was making people PAY EXTRA to get their consoles fixed or replaced even if they were under warranty.

Oops! I meant to say under warranty. If I had a PS3 that broke down I'd head on down to a Sony shop and KILL EVERYONE!!!!!

On a lighter note, I'm waiting for the rumoured Diablo III.

Shadow Dragon
01-31-2007, 12:37 AM
its kind of a given that if u buy a brand spanking new console, get a protection plan for it...its 20 more bucks outta your pocket and if the thing breaks down within a year, you can get a new one for free

Devon
01-31-2007, 12:40 AM
I too am a gamer. I stick with PC games though. Totally addicted to WoW--(64 troll shaman). Also like to play CoD2, Counter Stike, Half Life 2 and FEAR.
Would love to get a ps3, but figure i'll wait till the price comes down a bit :)

mbf
02-01-2007, 12:49 PM
well i am a retrogamer. i have ps1&2, nintendo gameboy, sega saturn and i kept my old 486 pc for adventures like Indiana Jones or days of the tentacle oh and simulations ( i even have got SIMFARM, where u can be a farmers boy! lol

anyways, i lost interest in the current wave of consoles and games, mainly because theres no new idea coming with games any more. its just slightly upgraded versions of already existing things. been there, done that. i rather go out and meet people or go to the movies.

thinkilikethis
02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I tend to give all my old consoles away,just given my bro my old xbox with 80 games.right now i have a 360 with firmware upgrade so thats the games taken care of.I've been playing gears of war since it came out and it totally rocks, the online play is great.I really love this game and xbox live.
I cant wait for bioshock and army of two to be released hope they turn out to be as good as gears but i doubt it,look at all the hype lost planet got and it turned out to be pants.
Catch you guys on Live :D

hitman
02-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Not been a post in a while so...

I've not played on any retro consoles for years, I think the last one I played on was a Megadrive (Genesis USA) and I played streeets of rage lol.

I might have to grab myself one in a few weeks.

ShootTheJay
02-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Funny you like gears, I think that game is a pile. It had me excited for the first day until I got to the final boss, thinking I was maybe a quarter into the game, but no, it was in fact over.

Then comes the sorry online mode, no team support, run in a straight line 4 on 4, fire away, match over. Really one of the most dissapointing games ive played. Oddly enough I thought lost planet was alot better than gears :)

But of course neither comes close to halo... and even fight night round 3 for that matter.

hwbs
02-15-2007, 06:51 AM
its alot of money to spend for 6 hours of gameplay....but i guess its all about xbox live..i just bought the 360 so i dont have too much input on it yet...i bought some used games that i new were very good.

stillies77
02-15-2007, 07:26 AM
you can hit me on xbox live

Gamertag = AgtStillies

hwbs
02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
will do...id be up already but i have to run some cat5 under my carpet so i dont trip over it....system is no where near my router...

jimlow22
02-15-2007, 08:14 AM

Wow i absolutly love you now. Well i always thoguht you were amazing but now its love.

scorpion
02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Only PC games not often but sometimes. I have played Need four speed- crayon latest. Otherwise I prefer strategy games like Total war or Cesar.
Its the most effective way to destroy time.

cogent
02-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I have an xbox that's currently languishing. The last games I played on it were Halo (duh), Halo2 (duh x2), and Doom 3.

Juggling work, grad school, and being in a band, I don't have as much time to play anymore. These days my gaming is mostly confined to playing City of Villains.

Speaking of which, does anyone play Co[VH]? If so, what servers are you on? I have toons on Infinity, Victory, and Pinnacle; but I'm mostly on Victory.

(Hmmm, think I'll jump on now since they've a Valentine's Day special event running. Time for more badge whoring.)

otherguy
02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I've been playing vids forever. I played the hell out of BF2 and DC before that, but eventually dropped them. I'm not sure BF2 should show you how much time you've spent playing--I think I was over 100d. Before that it was Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike and Everquest (when it first came out.) The addiction stretches back all the way to an Atari 800 computer and beyond. Vids are my crack :D

I'm torn between upgrading my current PC or getting a 360. What good PC games are out there? My most recent are TW:Medieval and NWN2 but haven't tried either online. I also have Oblivion. I'm at an upgrade point--either I'm dishing out for the 360 or dropping 1K on a new rig...

werwt22
02-17-2007, 09:27 PM
70 Mage on WoW baby. Gonna be in Kharazan soon.

Kriss
02-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm more of a sports games fan but I like the GTA series.

Does anyone play GTASANANDREAS online? If you have the PC version, there is an excellent mod that you can download from www.sa-mp.com which allows multiplayer servers up to 100 players. Theres loads of game variations - cops & robbers, RPG(thats Role Playing Game, NOT Rocket Propelled Grenade), Racing, freeroam, Plenty of sniping fun Vicki. Its great for annoying people and in game vendettas, I love to shoot at cops or gang members and make them pursue me over all 3 cities. It requires swapping a few files in the GTA program folders but instructions are on sa-mp.com. There is a great 'godfather' style RPG server and a lot of gangs have formed, generally they go from server to server fighting other gangs. Some servers are just Gang based - ballas,vagos,grove,etc. Unfortuneately some servers have many hackers and cheaters but if you ignore them they get bored pretty quick. Often you can play as ANY of the sanandreas characters, ballas, vagosCop, Taxi driver, cluckin' bell guy or even the sexy strippers.

God bless those nerds.

Castor_Troy05
02-18-2007, 07:58 AM
I've an Xbox360 and a Wii, anyone that wishes can add me to xbox Live : CastorTroy05

Kabuki
03-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm not much of a gamer, but I own a Dreamcast, and tons of games. It's still a good system, and you can purchase one with a handful of games on eBay cheap. I'm debating whether or not I'll get a 360 or a P3. Any suggestions?

tsntx
03-09-2007, 07:35 AM
i forgot the original thread we talked about it ... but i just bought "grand theft auto vice city stories" ... cant wait to play it

TheGuard
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm addicted to Dead Rising right now, looks amazing on my new HDTV.

Kabuki
03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm hooked on NFL2K2 on my Dreamcast...lol...I need a newer system.

Legend
03-09-2007, 07:40 AM
I currently own a modded xbox with about 100 games but it's kinda boring me now but i guess you can expect that from current gen stuff.

I don't i'll purchase a wii until they come out with some good games that aren't so kiddy and isn't a port of a ps2 or xbox game.

muhmuh
03-09-2007, 08:00 AM
recently found this
one of the best games ever developed by the scene
ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/parties/2006/assembly06/game/fretsonfire-1.0.184-win32.zip

blackmagic
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I currently own a modded xbox with about 100 games but it's kinda boring me know but i guess you can expect that from current gen stuff.

I don't i'll purchase a wii until they come out with some good games that aren't so kiddy and isn't a port of a ps2 or xbox game.

deborification for your "modded" xbox

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page

:wink:

Legend
03-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't know if I would really consider myself a gamer. I'm rather picky when it comes to some of the games mentioned. I did like Tomb Raider. X-Men Legends 1 & 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are definitely my favorite games within the last few years. Mainly I stick to sports games. NBA Live (which sucked big time for the '07 version), NBA 2K, Smackdown vs. Raw and Madden Football.

Ahem...anyone know of any sports game tourney? I would love to play some REAL competition.

You can always try those madden or live tournaments 2008 ones are coming soon but those guys take that so seriously i guess when there is a million at stake people tend to get serious.

Kabuki
03-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't know if I would really consider myself a gamer. I'm rather picky when it comes to some of the games mentioned. I did like Tomb Raider. X-Men Legends 1 & 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are definitely my favorite games within the last few years. Mainly I stick to sports games. NBA Live (which sucked big time for the '07 version), NBA 2K, Smackdown vs. Raw and Madden Football.

Ahem...anyone know of any sports game tourney? I would love to play some REAL competition.

I just played NBA2K for the P3. Amazing graphics. Shooting free throws is a pain though.